Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#243
Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:08 pm
Step forward,
"WE" tap chest "WORK" point at the main entrance "THERE, YOU TOASTED WORM!".


Quietly, to Vynkor, "Vynk what's the frog saying?"
When you step forward, the fysar seems to tense up; he shakes his gun at you meaningfully, and aims it back in your direction. He shouts again, but this time he seems to have realized that you can't understand a word he's saying; it's not the same "niba larbiin" that it was before, but a string of chattering. Then he bares his teeth at you and shouts wordlessly. He seems to be trying to get something across, but... he's not doing a very good job of it.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#244
Nod. Give the alien thumbs up, but away from him so it does not appear as a threat.

"Lets go Vynk."

Casually turn, make a show of not being dangerous, and with purpose and confidence head down the path further into the palace, looking for a 'main' looking building.
If fired upon, duck into cover and warm up my CRISP.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#246
Frank watches the guards nervously. He holds the crossbow one-handed at the stock in a grip that obviously won't allow him any quick action with it.

Some things don't seem to fit. And this is all centered around Almina.

He has a very bad feeling about all this...

"This went unexpectedly fast..." he mutters, directed at Almina
"Do they know where we're from?"
He fixates her with a worried look
"Are you sure this is safe for...us and also for you?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#247
cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm
F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:03 pm
"This went unexpectedly fast," Frank mutters at Almina. "Do they know where we're from?"

She pauses and shakes her head. "No, they just know you're with me," she says quietly. "It's not their business."

Caleb frowns. He doesn't much like the idea of relinquishing his weapons. "You sure we can't keep something? I'm not very comfortable giving up all of my guns. My electrorifle is nonlethal," he offers hopefully.

Almina hesitates, glancing over the weapon. Finally, she says, "Well... Okay... you can keep that if you really need to, but you have to understand that it's considered a sign of mistrust and disrespect. My family will probably be a little more hostile to you, but I'll try to speak up where I can to make sure they know it's non-lethal. Just... make sure you don't have it out, okay?" She seems uncomfortable with this arrangement, but she's willing to let it go.

This response makes Frank even more uncomfortable. "Are you sure this is safe for... us, and also for you?"

She looks at him for a moment. "I mean, it's as safe as it could be," she finally offers, with a nervous smile. "My uncle wouldn't hurt you without a good reason, unless something's changed."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#248
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:18 pm
Caleb frowns. He doesn't much like the idea of relinquishing his weapons. "You sure we can't keep something? I'm not very comfortable giving up all of my guns. My electrorifle is nonlethal," he offers hopefully.

Almina hesitates, glancing over the weapon. Finally, she says, "Well... Okay... you can keep that if you really need to, but you have to understand that it's considered a sign of mistrust and disrespect. My family will probably be a little more hostile to you, but I'll try to speak up where I can to make sure they know it's non-lethal. Just... make sure you don't have it out, okay?" She seems uncomfortable with this arrangement, but she's willing to let it go.
...
She looks at him for a moment. "I mean, it's as safe as it could be," she finally offers, with a nervous smile. "My uncle wouldn't hurt you without a good reason, unless something's changed."
I let out a small "hmm," thinking to myself. Almina seems sure that we won't be harmed. Keeping it would be nice, but I figure we're already going to be making a bad impression from how we got in this mess in the first place. And if he's just as concerned as Almina about us falling into the hands of those FMU guys, he might be willing to help us...or just toss us out the airlock.

I look around at the many guards and decide that if things go south our chances of survival are basically zero anyway. As much as I hate to admit it- and it's pretty galling- we're basically at this guy's mercy.

I sigh and turn to Almina. "You sure it's safe? If you really don't think we'll be harmed, and it'd make that bad an impression...I guess I could leave it."

When she replies in the affirmative ((because we know she will :3)) I nod reluctantly and give my weapons to the guards, following her to where she says her uncle is.
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#249
"I'm sure those guys earlier also thought they had a good reason to shoot us. Still... I'm trusting you here. If this is all a trap... I'll be cross from the afterlife or something? Em..."
I take Spoon from my back (myself, quickdraw slot is a bit too flashy here) and turn it off so it can be safely handled by other people, and hand it over.
After a very short hesitation, I also turn off my PSI pack and wince a bit, and unplug it and carefully hand it over as well.
"That's all - unless bagpipes count as a weapon. Oh, and I have thrusters but those are in my suit and I'd prefer not going in naked."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#250
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:19 pm
Blankly continue starting at the place where Squigg was seated for a few seconds, then turn to Brom and say (assuming Squigg left) quietly:

"Did that asshole really drag us here just to waste our time, talk 'bout the power o' friendship n' try n' get us to be his fetchin' boys?"

Shrug my shoulders and continue eating the delicious meal, speaking with my mouth full of food:

"If she wants shish tin taken shomewhere -"

Finish the big bite I'm taking and wipe my mouth with my sleeve

" - he knows where he can stuff it! Deliverin' chump change for someone called Squigg, you've gotta be shittin' me! Like I ain't got nothin' better to do. N' anyways, his name's... kinda queer, don't ya agree? Squigg."

Squint my eyes suspiciously

"Don't that remind you o' somethin'?"
"I agree, this sort of work is beneath us. Beneath me!
I'm a marksman, not an errand boy!

Still... Were we to leave his cash here, or take it without completing his job, he could report us to the authorities as having stolen his money.
Let's get his menial task out of the way now, and then we can go off and find ourselves a real job!
We'll have completed the task we were sent here for, and can use the rest of the time to fatten up our wallets."
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#253
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:18 pm
She looks at him for a moment. "I mean, it's as safe as it could be," she finally offers, with a nervous smile. "My uncle wouldn't hurt you without a good reason, unless something's changed."
[IC]Frank[/IC]
Frank looks at Almina, worry etched into his face at this point.
She is unsure! She doesn't know if something changed compared to who-knows-when!

Looking around uneasily, Frank offers the crossbow to one of the guards, preferably in Almina's sight
Also hand over the different bolts
Draw the sword slowly, non-threatening and with notable hesitation.
It still reminded him of being chewed up by an oversized lizard...and if their luck gave out the present hiltorel might recognize it...
"I-I'll need that back, later." he says to no-one as he hands the sword over to the guard.
"That's all weapons I have, left is only the little field-med-kit."
To Almina:
"I hope we won't give him a reason then...and...when was it that you saw him last?"
If not
-Scream internally ((Screams internally))
-Perhaps a little wheezing sound of imminent oh-carp too
If she had contact in that manner
-let out an inconspicious sigh of relief

Enter after her
Gauge the relationship between the uncle and Almina and also his mood
Keep an eye on her for cues on expected behaviour
if she motions for us to imitate a certain action, do so
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#254
outlander wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:21 am
"By the Lord's grace, those people are insane! What do we do now, Yuji?"
"Well, for a first we won't go out there again until the explosions, screams and "stop resisting!" yells die down.
Our two genius colleagues were working on securing us a proper job with the guy who left the bar just ahead of us, some Squigg guy. As he's left now we could check on Killshot and *snort* Terminator and see how much they fucked it up?"
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#255
Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:50 pm
Nod. Give the alien thumbs up, but away from him so it does not appear as a threat.

"Lets go Vynk."

Casually turn, make a show of not being dangerous, and with purpose and confidence head down the path further into the palace, looking for a 'main' looking building.
If fired upon, duck into cover and warm up my CRISP.
0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:56 pm
"Okay then, I guess that works too."
I shrug, raising my empty hands in a way that shows they're empty, and go with Marina, walking to present my armored arm towards the sentry.
If fired upon, I dive into cover.
"Okay, I have a plan," Vynkor says, coming up with a brilliant, well-thought-out plan right there on the spot. She tries to explain it to her teammate... but her teammate isn't listening.

Sukava gives the alien on the balcony a thumbs-up and locks arms with Vynkor. "Let's go, Vynk!" she says, starting to drag her forwards.

"...Okay, that works too," Vynkor says, now forced to walk backwards.

Together they "casually" stroll towards the exit across from them, intending to proceed deeper into the palaces. I mean, they got this far, why turn back now?
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
Image
The alien on the balcony doesn't seem to like this in the slightest. In fact, he starts shouting louder, and finally fires a burst of bullets at the ground in front of them. They ricochet off the metallic surface with a familiar sound... that Sukava and Vynkor don't even hear because they're ducking into cover. The monkey-bug-thing up on the balcony is now screeching angrily like a monkey-bug-thing, and he (or she) fires a couple rounds after them for good measure - perhaps not intended to hit, but more as a warning.

Crouched behind the midsection of a fallen statue, Sukava takes out her CRISP and starts warming it up, while Vynkor reflects on how this is exactly the outcome she expected.


cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:18 pm
Caleb frowns. He doesn't much like the idea of relinquishing his weapons. "You sure we can't keep something? I'm not very comfortable giving up all of my guns. My electrorifle is nonlethal," he offers hopefully.

Almina hesitates, glancing over the weapon. Finally, she says, "Well... Okay... you can keep that if you really need to, but you have to understand that it's considered a sign of mistrust and disrespect. My family will probably be a little more hostile to you, but I'll try to speak up where I can to make sure they know it's non-lethal. Just... make sure you don't have it out, okay?" She seems uncomfortable with this arrangement, but she's willing to let it go.
...
She looks at him for a moment. "I mean, it's as safe as it could be," she finally offers, with a nervous smile. "My uncle wouldn't hurt you without a good reason, unless something's changed."
I let out a small "hmm," thinking to myself. Almina seems sure that we won't be harmed. Keeping it would be nice, but I figure we're already going to be making a bad impression from how we got in this mess in the first place. And if he's just as concerned as Almina about us falling into the hands of those FMU guys, he might be willing to help us...or just toss us out the airlock.

I look around at the many guards and decide that if things go south our chances of survival are basically zero anyway. As much as I hate to admit it- and it's pretty galling- we're basically at this guy's mercy.

I sigh and turn to Almina. "You sure it's safe? If you really don't think we'll be harmed, and it'd make that bad an impression...I guess I could leave it."

When she replies in the affirmative ((because we know she will :3)) I nod reluctantly and give my weapons to the guards, following her to where she says her uncle is.
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:21 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
"I'm sure those guys earlier also thought they had a good reason to shoot us. Still... I'm trusting you here. If this is all a trap... I'll be cross from the afterlife or something? Em..."
I take Spoon from my back (myself, quickdraw slot is a bit too flashy here) and turn it off so it can be safely handled by other people, and hand it over.
After a very short hesitation, I also turn off my PSI pack and wince a bit, and unplug it and carefully hand it over as well.
"That's all - unless bagpipes count as a weapon. Oh, and I have thrusters but those are in my suit and I'd prefer not going in naked."
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:58 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:18 pm
She looks at him for a moment. "I mean, it's as safe as it could be," she finally offers, with a nervous smile. "My uncle wouldn't hurt you without a good reason, unless something's changed."
[IC]Frank[/IC]
Frank looks at Almina, worry etched into his face at this point.
She is unsure! She doesn't know if something changed compared to who-knows-when!

Looking around uneasily, Frank offers the crossbow to one of the guards, preferably in Almina's sight
Also hand over the different bolts
Draw the sword slowly, non-threatening and with notable hesitation.
It still reminded him of being chewed up by an oversized lizard...and if their luck gave out the present hiltorel might recognize it...
"I-I'll need that back, later." he says to no-one as he hands the sword over to the guard.
"That's all weapons I have, left is only the little field-med-kit."
To Almina:
"Please tell me you have regular contact to your uncle in..."family-related business"...?"
If not
-Scream internally ((Screams internally))
-Perhaps a little wheezing sound of imminent oh-carp too
If she had contact in that manner
-let out an inconspicious sigh of relief

Enter after her
Gauge the relationship between the uncle and Almina and also his mood
Keep an eye on her for cues on expected behaviour
if she motions for us to imitate a certain action, do so
The three inmates are very obviously uncomfortable with giving up their weapons, but the guards standing nearby seem patient enough - regardless of how rude the inmates are being right now. Especially Saoirse. As usual. "I'm trusting you here," she says cautiously, as she shuts off and unplugs her PSI Pack. She's still not quite used to the feeling of the jacks, and it makes her feel even more unsettled, so she adds: "If this is all a trap... I'll be cross from the afterlife or something."

Almina gives a frown, seeming mildly insulted, and takes the gear, passing it to a guard. Then Saoirse hands over her battlestaff to another guard. Frank is doing the same with his crossbow and sword, and although he acts calm and collected, someone with a keen eye could tell he seems... quite alarmed. "I'll need that back, later," he says to a guard, as the hiltorel gentleman takes the sword delicately. The man seems taken aback by its appearance, and casts a curious eye in Frank's direction... but ultimately says nothing, taking the weapons through a door over to the side as Saoirse makes an attempt to show that her bagpipes are not, in fact, some form of particularly exotic weaponry. Even despite having lots of "barrels" all over the place. Fortunately, the guards accept this readily, and she doesn't have any further trouble. They don't even mention the rocket boots.

Caleb, on the other hand, is having trouble giving up his electrorifle. His plasma rifle, laser pistol, and gauss shotgun he all gave up without hesitation, but the electrorifle he's not entirely keen on parting with. "Are you sure it's safe?" he finally asks Almina, electrorifle still in hand. "I mean, If you really don't think we'll be harmed, and it'd make that bad an impression... I guess I could leave it."

She looks strained. "Yes, it's safe," the girl says flatly. "I invited you. That makes you guests." She seems quite fed up with the constant "are you sure he's not going to shoot us" questions.

Caleb reluctantly gives his last weapon to a guard, who takes it and stores it safely in the sideroom with the others.

The inmates say that it's everything, but nevertheless, a couple guards come over and give them a brisk, non-invasive pat-down, as though checking to make sure they don't have any guns, pistols, or anything sharp hidden anywhere. When the guards finish up, they give each other and Almina a nod. She nods back, and waves for the inmates to follow with two left hands. "Come," she orders, and fireteam Beta follows her through a door at the far end of the room.

~~~

The hallways through the building seem clean, if sparsely decorated. It's a lot different from the rest of the station. It feels better-kept - but still quite old. In fact, it feels older and more "worn" than most other places they've been... even if it's well-maintained. As they continue on, staring at the back of Almina's fluttering lavender shirt, the inmates notice that she seems to stand a little shorter here - almost as though she's suddenly less confident. When the inmates pass various hiltorel and plodus individuals in the hallway, Almina ducks her head slightly in respectful greeting. Saoirse doesn't quite get the hint, but Caleb and Frank start doing the same.

"So, when was it that you saw him last?" Frank finally whispers, hoping it sounds like he's making small talk.

Almina looks back over her shoulder. She's lightened up some, and gives him a pleased smile. "Oh, not that long ago," she says lightly. "Somewhere close to a week, but not more than that. Danee is always really busy. Oh -his study is coming up now, on the right," she says, leading the inmates down another hallway.

Near the end of the corridor, two very expensively decked-out guards stand watch. "Almina," one of them says, giving a brief nod of recognition. The girls speaks to him briefly, and he nods, tapping a series of buttons on his wrist. The door behind him slides to the side. Almina looks behind her briefly and motions for the inmates to follow, and they do so. As they pass the guards, the guards give them a very stern glare - almost hostile. The inmates don't reply to it.


By Fuhodo standards, Big Daneelo's study is lovely. Well-designed furniture, numerous statues, and pleasant lighting sets the mood. Extravagant pieces of art adorn the walls - clearly, Big Daneelo is something of an art collector - but he seems to be fairly technological as well, judging by the large multi-screen computer display that sits to one side of his large semicircular desk, which itself is elevated from the lower area of the floor where the inmates stand by a gentle slope. And of course, the man himself is seated in his chair - a particularly wide, "round" plodus, dressed in elegant attire. Of course, this may only be the second plodus the inmates have seen in-person, so they may not have much to judge by. A gray-skinned alien - a bhezian - stands directly to the right of Big Daneelo's desk, facing the door, but he does not speak. Big Daneelo is too busy conversing with another alien, who happens to be standing directly in front of his desk. The proceedings seem tense. Big Daneelo has a very commanding air when he speaks - almost one that demands respect. The person standing in front of him seems to be giving it - reluctantly, however; almost out of fear.

Before the inmates have time to make fools out of themselves, Almina pulls them abruptly to the right and has them sit down on a bench with her. It's comfortable, at least, but when the inmates try to ask questions, she hisses at them softly in warning and puts a finger to her lips. Thus, the inmates (and Almina) wait silently for the other alien's audience to end. It finally does, and he exits the room without trouble.

"Almina," the bhezian calls.

Almina gets to her feet, but motions very strongly for the inmates to stay put, and even gives them a glare to make sure they get the message.

"'Mina!" Big Daneelo says warmly, stepping back from the desk. Almina bypasses the bhezian on the side and gives her uncle a hug. After they finish, Big Daneelo says, "'Mina, calon orase soposar lelesa melepas. Pasa mablit memo polevo?" It's not hiltorel, but some other language. Almina responds in kind, and the inmates sit awkwardly and watch the whole affair as the two proceed through a conversation. It's almost as though Big Daneelo and his niece have forgotten anyone else is in the room. The pair chatter on and on for a number of minutes, and then, just as they're starting to feel a bit anxious, Almina turns around and gestures at them. Big Daneelo lifts his head slightly, getting a good view, and then turns back to Almina and says something that sounds stern. She replies, and they talk back and forth for a moment. The air of warmness and joviality has completely vanished, and the inmates are beginning to fidget nervously. This isn't helped when Big Daneelo reaches over and presses a button on his desk with one of his slender arms, saying something over a comm channel. He talks to Almina again, briefly, and she waves them up to the desk.

The fireteam gets up from the bench and walks forwards as a group, stopping in front of the desk, right where they had seen the person from the previous audience stand. It seems the thing to do.

Big Daneelo examines them for a moment, stepping back into the semicircle of his desk. Finally, at length, he speaks... in a language they aren't familiar with. The inmates glance at each other - is he not aware that they don't speak anything other than galactic? They're just about to speak up when the bhezian standing beside the desk begins translating. This seems to be his purpose. "Welcome to my home," he translates. "My niece says she found you in the northside warehouse district - a dangerous place to be, especially in your shoes. You are part of the crew of the Tartarus ship that crashed on our planet Nanyej, no? I'm sure you have questions... and I do as well."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron