Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#166
It's a good thing that Caleb can keep his calm even in this situation... [IC]Frank[/IC]
And the hiltorel is a seemingly nice person, too...though after what he saw during their stay on the station...Frank somewhat doubted that the alien was as clean-minded as she seemed...

There probably wasn't much time though before their hunters caught up with them. Caleb needed medical attention, and even if he used his own medical syringes, cleaning and covering the wound should be done. Even if only to restore space-proofing again...

Frank looks over to the hiltorel and waves awkwardly in her direction.
"And could you perhaps tell us where we actually are right now?" he asks, somewhat shakily
Look around for feasible hiding spots, especially ones off-ground, accessible via cable-reel bolts
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#168
outlander wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 pm
Stare incredulously at Broom.
Proceed to Ignore him completely and focus on my talk with the alien.
Ishmael turns back to the alien, but she's already in the process of leaving. "I feel like you already have more company than you know what to do with," she explains with a pleasant smile. Regardless of how she may feel, she's acting considerably less awkward than the preceding "conversation" between the three inmates. "I'll leave you to it. I have other things I could be attending to."

((If you enter a shady, quiet place that shady, quiet people use to conduct shady, quiet business... it is generally not a good idea to make a scene. :D The shady, quiet people don't like it much.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#171
cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 pm
The alien breathes out a puff of smoke and laughs pleasantly - a short, tinkling sound, full of mirth. "Lost? The way you're limping, that doesn't seem to be the worst of your problems right now." She's sitting with her tentacles dangling off the edge of the shelving, and she leans forward slightly, as though to get a closer look. "So, who's after you?"
I look ruefully at my gutshot. "Yeah, we're in a bit of a mess."

I think for a split-second on what to tell her...I can't just say we're running from mercs, no telling if that'd be too obvious...

"I think a few people up there didn't really like humans being around. We were just minding our own business when we got attacked. Bastards are still after us, too...you might want to clear out of here before too much longer. Know a place we could get out of here from, or at least lay low so they don't see us?"
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:43 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
It's a good thing that Caleb can keep his calm even in this situation... [IC]Frank[/IC]
And the hiltorel is a seemingly nice person, too...though after what he saw during their stay on the station...Frank somewhat doubted that the alien was as clean-minded as she seemed...

There probably wasn't much time though before their hunters caught up with them. Caleb needed medical attention, and even if he used his own medical syringes, cleaning and covering the wound should be done. Even if only to restore space-proofing again...

Frank looks over to the hiltorel and waves awkwardly in her direction.
"And could you perhaps tell us where we actually are right now?" he asks, somewhat shakily
Look around for feasible hiding spots, especially ones off-ground, accessible via cable-reel bolts
"I think a few people up there didn't really like humans being around. We were just minding our own business when we got attacked. Bastards are still after us, too...you might want to clear out of here before too much longer," Caleb suggests.

The girl seems taken aback and amused. "Clear out? Me? I think I'll be all right. Besides, I paid nchii for this smoke - I'm not getting rid of it." She puts her fingers to her lips and breathes deeply, and then laughs again, puffing out a little cloud that rapidly dissipates.

Frank speaks up, somewhat shakily. "And could you perhaps tell us where we actually are right now?"

"Underground," she answers, puffing again and leaning back, swaying her tentacles back and forth in enjoyment of her drugs. As an afterthought, she adds, "Underneath the downtown area. The old warehouse district. They used to keep goods down here so the up-there could be used for shops. More shops, more chips!" Suddenly she pauses and tilts her head, listening thoughtfully. "Oh, I hear them - they really are close behind, aren't they?"

Feeling a bit rushed, Caleb asks. "Know a good place we could get out of here from, or at least lay low so they don't see us?"

The alien blinks. "You could hide back here," she says, gesturing backwards with one of her longer arms. "There are some empty crates you could hide behind. I mean, if you trusted me. Not like any human ever trusted hsilkhroael, mmh?" She appraises the three inmates with a cautious, but curious, eye, a little smile playing at her lips.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#173
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:00 am
While Caleb is being social, I check the room for other possible exits.
From where she is standing, Saoirse can see two wide, cargo-style exits near the farther end of the room - big enough to accommodate several truckloads at a time. They appear to be open, but one of them is nearly perpendicular to Saoirse's present position, and the other is deep in shadow. As a result, she can't tell what's on the other side of either of them. Walking there would take some time.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#174
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:16 pm
The alien blinks. "You could hide back here," she says, gesturing backwards with one of her longer arms. "There are some empty crates you could hide behind. I mean, if you trusted me. Not like any human ever trusted hsilkhroael, mmh?" She appraises the three inmates with a cautious, but curious, eye, a little smile playing at her lips.
I look up, and throw in
"I d-don't look at someone's species before deciding whether I t-trust them or not. Besides, ye guys like music, ye can't b-be bad.
...I gotta say, you d-do seem oddly relaxed for someone who's right a-after seeing some well armed people b-barging in to her hidey hole, to be sure..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#175
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:21 pm
I look up, and throw in
"I d-don't look at someone's species before deciding whether I t-trust them or not. Besides, ye guys like music, ye can't b-be bad.
...I gotta say, you d-do seem oddly relaxed for someone who's right a-after seeing some well armed people b-barging in to her hidey hole, to be sure..."
The girl leans back, grinning. "Oh, come on, drop the act. You know who I am," she says playfully, with a little wave of her hand. "I can see it on your faces." Then something seems to occur to her, and she pauses. "...Or do I," she muses, sniffing the device in her fingers thoughtfully. Suddenly, she straightens, her dangling tentacles swinging to and fro. "I'm Almina Dheda, the niece of Big Daneelo. You've heard of him, ahega? Nobody messes with Danee." She giggles again, softly.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#176
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:16 pm
The alien blinks. "You could hide back here," she says, gesturing backwards with one of her longer arms. "There are some empty crates you could hide behind. I mean, if you trusted me. Not like any human ever trusted hsilkhroael, mmh?" She appraises the three inmates with a cautious, but curious, eye, a little smile playing at her lips.
...
The girl leans back, grinning. "Oh, come on, drop the act. You know who I am," she says playfully, with a little wave of her hand. "I can see it on your faces." Then something seems to occur to her, and she pauses. "...Or do I," she muses, sniffing the device in her fingers thoughtfully. Suddenly, she straightens, her dangling tentacles swinging to and fro. "I'm Almina Dheda, the niece of Big Daneelo. You've heard of him, ahega? Nobody messes with Danee."
Oh sweet FSM, we're chatting up some mobster's niece! This mission keeps going from bad to worse. My mind races as I try to think things through. I almost feel like I'm about to burst from the tension.

This girl is some bigshot's niece...so she might be able to get these mercs off our backs, although I doubt she'd do it for free. On the other hand, she seems higher than Goldstein was that one time at boot camp. So she might just as likely just giggle and point us out to the bastards...or perhaps worse, take us to her uncle. I doubt he'd look kindly on us putting his niece in danger like this.

However, I'm not so sure we can get out of this by running, the mercs are persistent, and we're only going to hold on for so long before they get one of us. My gutshot is proof enough of that. This Almina might be our only hope of getting out of this alive...

Dammit, there's no time for this shit! We have no other choice...and if this fails, maybe I can buy Saoirse and Frank some time...

"One moment," I say to Almina. I head towards Frank and Saoirse for a moment and whisper to them, "If this goes south, just run towards the exits, don't even look back. We won't have time."

I then head back towards Almina. "I'm going to trust you on this. We'll hide back there, I guess just...try and get these guys off of us.

I try to clear up whatever traces of our presence I can see before heading over to hide behind the crates Almina mentioned, my gauss shotgun in hand.

If we are discovered, I yell at Saoirse and Frank, "RUN! GO, GO, GO!" and fire at the enemies with my shotgun until I run out of shots for it, switching to the plasma rifle afterwards.

If When Saoirse starts tossing me around, if she pulls me out of cover and I'm close to some other cover but far from the door, I swear loudly, try to take cover, and continue fighting.
If she pulls me closer to the door than to cover, I swear louder and run for the exit.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#177
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Talvieno wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:22 pm
The girl leans back, grinning. "Oh, come on, drop the act. You know who I am," she says playfully, with a little wave of her hand. "I can see it on your faces." Then something seems to occur to her, and she pauses. "...Or do I," she muses, sniffing the device in her fingers thoughtfully. Suddenly, she straightens, her dangling tentacles swinging to and fro. "I'm Almina Dheda, the niece of Big Daneelo. You've heard of him, ahega? Nobody messes with Danee." She giggles again, softly.
"I, em, hadn't h-heard of him, b-but I'll remember not to mess with h-him. Not that I was l-looking to mess with anyone, now..."
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 pm
I head towards Frank and Saoirse for a moment and whisper to them, "If this goes south, just run towards the exits, don't even look back. We won't have time."
I give Caleb a long calculating look.
"You sound like you're planning on staying behind, but that would be a fierce stupid thing to do, to be sure. I don't think they'd be impressed enough by your last stand not to just run past you with half of them after the two of us."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#178
She's a big shot! And potentially high as the ceiling...
Frank could only think about how their chase led them into potentially bigger trouble.

Her being here could mean many things...but it was likely that she had some of her people around close by...and a blind run into the dark had a great chance to run into people who also were not quite fond of strangers...armed strangers at that...

"You have to excuse us, we haven't been in the vicinity of the station for long. And we hope that we won't intrude on you and yours too much...after...this?" Frank manages to keep the openly hopeful tone out of his voice until the end.
Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:18 am
"You sound like you're planning on staying behind, but that would be a fierce stupid thing to do, to be sure. I don't think they'd be impressed enough by your last stand not to just run past you with half of them after the two of us."
[IC]Frank[/IC]
It would be more effective if we just split up alltogether...still a dumb idea

Silently, he agreed with saoirse wholeheartedly...

"At least come here so we can patch you up a bit more beyond just using syringes, Caleb...And if we find ourselves in a corner, our chances are better when you're still around with us..."

Help Caleb behind the crates if he needs it
Get behind the crates myself
Fish out the medkit and patch him up, though starting with restoring the integrity of his suit against vacuum... ((And no, I don't care if Caleb tries to make a beefcake-show out of it))
Reload a tranquilizer into the crossbow
Huddle deep into the shadows that are hopefully behind the crates that were pointed out to us
If discovered by the guys who were following us, shoot of an unaimed bolt at them, so long no friendly (or Almina/her people) is in the direction
Run away really fast, preferably in the same direction as Saoirse and Caleb
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#179
Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:18 am
I give Caleb a long calculating look.
"You sound like you're planning on staying behind, but that would be a fierce stupid thing to do, to be sure. I don't think they'd be impressed enough by your last stand not to just run past you with half of them after the two of us."
F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:43 am
"At least come here so we can patch you up a bit more beyond just using syringes, Caleb...And if we find ourselves in a corner, our chances are better when you're still around with us..."
They don't understand, do they?

I head over to let Frank patch me up and shake my head.

"If we don't scrape these guys off our backs somehow, we'll all die! They'll just keep after us and run us down until we can't go anymore. If hiding doesn't work...I can at least buy you time. You can get away and live. Better that I die than the entire squad does."
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#180
cuisinart8 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:32 am
"If we don't scrape these guys off our backs somehow, we'll all die! They'll just keep after us and run us down until we can't go anymore. If hiding doesn't work...I can at least buy you time. You can get away and live. Better that I die than the entire squad does."
"And this is mostly an open hall, with enough ways to come around. They'll probably try to get into our sides as soon as they get even so much as a hint of where we are. In a narrow hallway you could perhaps buy some time...but in this hall it'd be about as much time for them to shoot you in the back. If they even all try to get a piece of you...So stop this, please?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: cuisinart8 and 1 guest

cron