Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:30 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm
"This is the part where you do the thing."
I listen closely to the alien's instructions, before turning to my squadmates- but making sure that the spiderbot can still hear me.

"We should all identify ourselves as users, guys. That way we'll be fine no matter who ends up giving it to them."
I raise my voice a bit so little Arachne can hear
"R-right. Em. Hello, l-little r-robot."
and look expectantly at Sam and Polaris.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

TheMainMethod wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:01 am
This is Polaris, spiderbot.

I turn to my squad mates. “This may end up being worth our time after. Spiderbot here seems like a very powerful bargaining tool.”
Loud enough for the bot to register his voice, Samuel speaks up.

"For any kind of bargain we might need to make..."

And if things continue like this, we will need its firepower on our side as a bargaining chip...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:31 am
Saunter over to the unused console, taking note of anyone that may be directly watching/eavesdropping us
Pretend that I'm searching for rides offworld, and then ask Brom and Yuuji in a whisper:

"The hell do we do now?"
Follow Buck over to the computer, looking for possible eavesdroppers as I do.

*In my quietest whisper*
"We should of course leave this facility!
Did you see the gear on the table?
One of the squads may have been captured, or worse!
We need to get out before Feb recognizes us, and form a plan to determine their status.
Follow me!"

Once Buck is finished talking, get up and walk towards the exit.
Before I leave, thank Feb.
"Thank you for your hospitality!
It is much appreciated!"

Lead the way out of the complex, and start heading in the direction of the hangar.
If at any time we are recognized by hostiles, break into a sprint.
Keep an eye out pursuers, as well as for a relatively deserted location near the complex I just left.
Once I find such a place, duck into it, and find a defensible position, that is out of sight.
Pull out my shotgun in case we were followed.

Whisper to my teammates.
"Bill, see if you can hack into their systems.
Look for any information pertaining to the capture of humans.
Also keep careful watch for any possible vulnerabilities that we may use to our advantage.
I want us to be overprepared for a possible assault!

Yuuji and I will cover you if need be."
Breaker of fortune cookies

BETA
Making sure the spiderbot can hear him, Cole says, "We should all identify ourselves as users, guys. That way we'll be fine no matter who ends up giving it to them."

"R-right," Estelle stutters, raising her voice. It sounds a bit squeaky. "Em, hello, l-little r-robot."

"This is Polaris, spiderbot," Polaris says. Then, to his squadmates: "This may end up being worth our time after all. Spiderbot here seems like a very powerful bargaining tool."

"For any kind of bargain we might need to make," Samuel agrees loudly.

With everyone having spoken, Hosef'Wa presses the button on the back of the spider's head a second time, picks the whole thing up, deposits in in the crate and slams the lid back on it, all in one smooth four-armed motion. "Now you take grarshkat and go, dozvosnat. Out the back way." Glaring, he gestures towards a thick metal door at the far end of the room. "Out of my shop, humans. Big Daneelo and I are even." And with that, he walks towards the doorway through which he originally entered, not waiting to see the inmates off.

ALPHA
Buck and Brom saunter over to the unused console that Mr. Keshor indicated, leaving Yuuji standing uselessly in the middle of the room. Buck pretends to be searching for rides offworld, and whispers to Brom: "The hell do we do now?"

"We should of course leave this facility!" Brom whispers back. "Did you see the gear on the table? One of the squads may have been captured, or worse! We need to get out before Feb recognizes us, and form a plan to determine their status. Follow me!"

And so Buck and Brom begin to stroll - in the most lighthearted, inconspicuous manner possible - towards the exit. "Thank you for your hospitality!" Brom calls gaily, turning every head in the room.

Feb Keshor looks up up from his work. "Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Brom gives the grandest of waves. "It is much appreciated!" Buck does the same. They're almost at the doorway.

At this, Febivo Keshor signals a few of his cronies, who step into Brom and Buck's path. The inmates try to step around, but the three aliens block the way. "Nobody leaves until it's safe," Feb says. "I'll let you go when I get the signal from Mokila, but not a moment sooner. Is that perfectly clear?" He examines the pair with what is perhaps the closest look he's given them since they've arrived. He's beginning to look the slightest bit suspicious. This probably does not bode well for Brom and Buck, who have a knack for attracting all forms of trouble.

GAMMA
Sukava shakes her head. "No questions, detective, just disappointment."

Not-Teaw looks hopeful. "Can we - specifically I - have our shit back? I have splints in my medkit."

"Mmm... No." Vrish spends little time pondering the question. He presses a button on a device beneath his sleeve, and four guards enter the room. Vrish warns them, "That one's arm is broken. Don't screw it up too much. Sedate her after you get her to her cell. We'll separate them and give her a splint." Then, to two of the guards, he says something in another language; they nod and leave the room immediately, while the remaining two guards prepare the prisoners for transport through the facility.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 pm
"Nobody leaves until it's safe," Feb says. "I'll let you go when I get the signal from Mokila, but not a moment sooner. Is that perfectly clear?"
"I was under the assumption that we had to leave as quickly as possible. My apologies!
We of course understand your motives, and will remain here as long as is necessary.
I have but one request however...
Is there any way we may busy ourselves until we're allowed to leave?
As long as we're going to be here, we may as well make ourselves useful and help out!
I'm sure you'll find us quite the capable bunch, and with a place this big I'm sure there's work to be done.
I don't mean to brag, but I am quite strong myself, so I may be of use in moving heavy objects."

With that, strike a few overly-exaggerated and cringey flexing poses, with the intent of warding off Feb's gaze.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:39 am
Talvieno wrote:
"Nobody leaves until it's safe," Feb says. "I'll let you go when I get the signal from Mokila, but not a moment sooner. Is that perfectly clear?"
"I was under the assumption that we had to leave as quickly as possible. My apologies!
We of course understand your motives, and will remain here as long as is necessary.
I have but one request however...
Is there any way we may busy ourselves until we're allowed to leave?
As long as we're going to be here, we may as well make ourselves useful and help out!
I'm sure you'll find us quite the capable bunch, and with a place this big I'm sure there's work to be done.
I don't mean to brag, but I am quite strong myself, so I may be of use in moving heavy objects."

With that, strike a few overly-exaggerated and cringey flexing poses, with the intent of warding off Feb's gaze.
Glance at Brom with confusion

"That ain't quite my definition of busyin' myself..."

Look back at Feb

"Look, if we're stuck here for the next hell knows how long, I ain't just gonna stand 'round n' twiddle my thumbs. Con' here can lift boxes as much as he'd like, if that's his definition o' fun, but I've got better shit to do."

Look around, as if looking for something

"You have VR, or somethin'? A bar? Pool? ....Anythin'? I'm fukcin' bored."

Talvieno wrote:
And with that, he walks towards the doorway through which he originally entered, not waiting to see the inmates off.
Worriedly, Samuel looks after Hosef'Wa for a few seconds until he's out of hearing range before commenting on the situation.
"If there was any doubt that Daneelo was a big player on this station, it's dead now."

"We better get moving before he might find a reason to come back..."

Samuel eyes the crate suspiciously before walking over, trying to lift it.
If it's not too heavy to comfortably carry
-"I'll take this...Not much use in a fight anyway..."
-Carry the crate after the others as they leave
If it's too heavy
-"Oof, I can't carry that thing long enough to get to our meeting, I think...anybody else? Or help?"
-Help carry it or leave it completely to someone more beefy
-Leave with the others through the backdoor
-Look around carefully to assess our location and situation
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 am
If it's not too heavy to comfortably carry
((I kind of doubt it'll be too heavy to carry since it only has a little spiderbot in it :3))

Hosef'wa's departure was just as polite and respectful as the rest of our interactions. Hopefully the guys at the palace are a bit more friendly...or at least, hopefully the spiderbot will convince them to be friendly enough.

I push down my nervousness at having to walk literally into the base of a group that probably would kill me as soon as look at me- there's no helping it at this point, we'll just have to hope our gift is enough to convince them to let us make off with the prisoner.
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 am
"If there was any doubt that Daneelo was a big player on this station, it's dead now."

"We better get moving before he might find a reason to come back..."
I give a slight grin at "Samuel's" words. "No doubt at all, given how the mere mention of his name was enough to get us that thing," I say, indicating the box.

"And I agree. Let's head out; we've got what we came for, now we should see about getting our prisoner."

I head out, taking point in front of "Samuel," following Saoirse's directions to get where we need to go. I also help Samuel with the spiderbot because he doesn't even lift bro
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

observe my comrades almost tripping over each other trying to make fools out of themself

"I apologise for my colleagues. We're all a bit anxious to get away from yet another alceration after just being welcomed into someone's hospitality"

bow slightly towards Mr.Keshor

walk over to Brom and Buck, grab them by their shoulders and firmly direct them back to the Computer Keshor offered us

"We'll now get off your nerves"

bow again

"Whispering" to Brom and Buck
"what is wrong with you two!? Every single .... person.... in this room is looking for a reason to shoot us and you two got nothing better to do than run around like a pair of Grishcat kittens who got stung by an Octupal! Everything stupid you do can get us killed and the things that don't probably reflect badly on the one meatbag who's not trying to murder us! Stay low, appear like you can hold at least one horse and not like two boys moaning about boredom or bragging about how strong you are!"

take a few calming breaths

"So. We can't get out of here but we can try to find a corner where we won't get spotted by Mebasha when he comes by. Keshor will probably try to keep the fighting off his turf so will probably not stab us the second Mebasha arrives, so we have a chance to get out"

"We'll take a nice relaxed stroll around the compound, take stock what and who is where and look for escape routes. And most importantly: are quiet and dont make a fuss"

Online Now