Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Shout at the shuttle that is leaving:

"You go fukc yerself too, you ugly alien piece o' shit!"

Pace around, angrily, then shout at the shuttle again, even more angry:

"YOU FORGOT THIS, YOU SCAMMIN' PIECE O' HOT TRASH!"

Fling the coin at the departing shuttle as hard as I can

"Fuckin' asshole! It can eat shit, for all I care!"

After Gene tries to calm me down, visibly relax a little and nod to him, then mutter under my breath:

"You'll see, alien shithead, we dun' need yer retarded, squiddy tin-can. We'll just get there ourselves. Yeah!"

Turn to the others:

"So, what we doin' now!?"
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Talvieno wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm
Vynk
(( :ghost: ))

Oh for fukc's sa—
Pocket my 100 plat and throw a pointed look at Vynkor,
Step forward and draw my machine pistol (just in case!),
then try my best to restrain Buck.

"You know as well as I do that if we splat this squid the entire station and their bloody mother will be onto us. You don't know if he's got a commlink to station right now. I'd very much prefer to stay alive and maybe drop my voice to a low whisper here get a drink at the station's watering hole later. Return to normal voice How do you figure, Buck?"

It's a full-on siege now.
Tap Vyknor and Ishmael on the shoulders and pull them aside.

Over private coms to only those two:
"It's not too long of a jump from this ship to the station. We could just take a leap and enter through an airlock. If you stick to me I can also use my boots to slow us down if needed."

(( Talvieno said that the asteroid as a whole has 0.001 G, and that the anti-gravity fields of the station are like small bubbles covering the station in bits. He also said station gravity is 0.5 G, and that the leap from the ship to the station "Talvieno> would take some skill <Talvieno> maybe a bit extra skill with extra people Talvieno> could work though." Lets try it, what do we have to lose? ))

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Sukava wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:05 pm
"It's not too long of a jump from this ship to the station. We could just take a leap and enter through an airlock. If you stick to me I can also use my boots to slow us down if needed."
I think about this for about two seconds.
"Hey, check this out."
I brace carefully and throw a 1-plat chip at the station to gauge the artgrav situation.
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"To think that I, the great Brom Keegan would be denied transportation!
Thanks in part to the actions of my pupils no less. It's absurd!

We must set this situation right if we are to move forward.
Those responsible for this embarrassing mess must apologize at once!
That is, unless they'd rather try jumping.
As usual, I personally have have no blame in this, so this will be up to all of you.
Excluding Gene of course. I see you've learned quite a bit from me, Gene. "
Breaker of fortune cookies

0111narwhalz wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 pm
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Sukava wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:05 pm
I think about this for about two seconds.
"Hey, check this out."
I brace carefully and throw a 1-plat chip at the station to gauge the artgrav situation.
Triggerhappy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm
Stare at the chip drifting away, tracking where and how it goes.
Vynkor hurls a 1-plat chip at the station, and the two teammates follow it with their eyes. Strain as she might, Sukava loses track of it a little too early among the glittering lights, but Vynkor is just barely able to follow it long enough to watch it suddenly dip downwards as it enters the gravitational field of the Docks, several meters from the outer walls. She loses sight of it among the buildings. At least she knows where the edge of the gravitational field is now.

((doing this one early because so much hinges on it and it's a special-ish action.

edit: I may have mistakenly assumed that you'd actually walked to the front of the ship first. that's a paddlin'))
Last edited by Talvieno on Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: a paddlin'
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hema wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 pm
"To think that I, the great Brom Keegan would be denied transportation!
Thanks in part to the actions of my pupils no less. It's absurd!

We must set this situation right if we are to move forward.
Those responsible for this embarrassing mess must apologize at once!
That is, unless they'd rather try jumping.
As usual, I personally have have no blame in this, so this will be up to all of you.
Excluding Gene of course. I see you've learned quite a bit from me, Gene. "
Look at Brom in disbelief, then say:

"What? That shithead squid was tryin' to scam us! I mean, I dun' fault them for talkin' 'bout killin' the bastard, it should grow a thicker skin! Besides, I wouldn't expect no one in their right mind to ever say sorry to a damn squid, of all things."

Shake my head, then realize that Brom is talking about me, then look at him in even more disbelief

"Hol' on a sec, you talkin' 'bout me? I ain't apologizin' to fukcin' no one, especially not that fish head that tried to rob us! You must be outta yer mind!"

Turn to Gene:

"You've got some kind of idea? Besides -"

As sarcastically as possible, while making that "quotation mark" gesture with my hands/fingers, while also imitating Brom's voice

" ""Sayin' sorry"" ?"
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Sukava wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:47 pm
"Vykor? I lost track, how did it go?"
"It looks like the artgrav field ends right next to the wall. Should be able to come in close to the roof and skid to a halt."
I back up from the edge a few dozen meters and bend down to touch the deck.
I grab the rough surface with my hands and release my magboots.
I then start pulling myself, hand-over-hand, towards the docks, making sure to launch in a way that gives me the right amount of rotation to land feetfirst.

Slap Ishmael on the shoulder.
"Don't fall back, handsome!"

Wait for Vyk to jump, visualizing where the gravity field must be.
Get a running start and release myself from the hull, aiming for the top of the same building as Vyk is going for.

If I see that I am going to miss my target, or if there's some other disaster that can be fixed my changing my vector,
- Use my rocket boots to correct as needed, to either stay on-target for the top of the building or evade danger if there is any.

Use Vyk's success or failure see any errors with the plan and use my rocket boots to correct as necessary if my path proves dangerous.

When I land, take cover ( if possible ) and look around for the nearest ways into the station.

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
(( I think that was my first not-failed charisma roll this campaign :ghost: ))
I stare around in rapt (and probably impolite) attention for a minute or so. I've never actually seen aliens before, after all...
"Now then, em, will we do some recon and shopping first or do we head straight for the Tanker to find those Vesuvius fellas?"
I hesitate for a bit, and then add
"...I didn't mention this on the ship, but I'd also like to see is there a way to send a message from here. To... an other system. I don't have my hopes up, but I want to check regardless..."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed May 22, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

"I can't afford to wait around for you to come to your senses, Buck.
Fame and glory wait for no man! If you can't be swayed to apologize then you'll have to find your own way down.
Gene and I will be taking the shuttle over just as soon as I have a word with our pilot!"

Radio the shuttle pilot
"Greetings to your good sir!
This is the legendary Brom Keegan speaking!
I'd like to apologize for the horrible behavior of my crewmates.
They're all a bit cranky, but they're decent fellows most of the time.
Of course I understand if you would like to avoid interacting with them.
With the way they were acting, who would?

Two of us (including myself) were fairly well behaved however.
We'll be willing to pay for a trip to the station, as well as take care of any business you might have there as an added bonus.
That's right, you'll have the great Brom Keegan taking care of business for you. Not an offer that one gets often!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

By FSM's tender meatballs, the Ninja-spawn ruined it all. And this SHITFUKC Vynka - forgive me, my Lord, for all the swearing! - this is just unbelievable. And that woman - seriously? Of all the challenges you've bestowed upon me, dd it have to come to THIS?

Sigh. Utter a quick prayer.

Use my telepathic amp to send Broom an impersonal, non-signed message that says 'you are a failure of a human being, I wish you would just die already'.

Take a guess at where the gravity field ends. Make for the area outside it. Take a leap of faith.

IF anything goes wrong
OR if I judge the speed to be too high,
use my quantum lashes to grab onto something (Nemesis' hull, or any of the structures on the surface) and thus change the direction of my fall / slow it down.
Last edited by outlander on Wed May 22, 2019 2:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now