Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Quickly lay down on the floor, near the door but opposite of Vynk, and pretend to still be unconscious.

...Peek at Vynk, notice what she is doing.
If Vynk is somewhat successful in her first attack, (EG manages to grab a strangle on the first guy),
- Stop pretending to be dead and
- Attack the next enemy(s), assuming they are somewhat distracted by Vynk's heroics.
-- Punch or kick for the weakest point on their bodies (until all enemies are incapacitated or I am out of attack for the turn).
-- If at some point in the punching and kicking I get a chance to steal, snatch or pick up an unconventional or exotic weapon, continue fighting with that.
-- If someone drops a conventional weapon, kick it toward Vynk.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"We've been had!
"If Squig values his life, he'd better start running!

Mokila! We were under the assumption that we were delivering debt money on behalf of an honest businessman.
We didn't come here to fight you, or your men.
If you will allow a peaceful resolution to this situation, we might be able to reach a deal regarding Etch.
Nobody does this to my team and gets away with it!

At this moment, we're also looking for work. Something off the books, if you're interested."
Last edited by Hema on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

I look around the bustling marketplace, both grateful and wary of the fact that we're in such a large crowd. The place may look like it's safe, but I remember from the old stations back home how even a place like this could be very dangerous if you ran into the wrong people. Nonetheless, it might hold the key to our getting off of this station alive- or potentially the beginning of even more trouble for us.

Saoirse speaks up, shaking me from my thoughts even though I struggle to hear her over the omnipresent noise.
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:32 am
"Now then, em, I guess we'll ask someone the way?"
I nod absentmindedly in her direction, speaking up to try and be heard. "Yeah, I guess so, we could possibly ask at one of the gun stores around here- they might know where Hosef'Wa is. Or we could wander down towards...wherever the hell B quadrant is, maybe that's a place where a bunch of weapons merchants set up shop?"

cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:31 pm
I nod absentmindedly in her direction, speaking up to try and be heard. "Yeah, I guess so, we could possibly ask at one of the gun stores around here- they might know where Hosef'Wa is. Or we could wander down towards...wherever the hell B quadrant is, maybe that's a place where a bunch of weapons merchants set up shop?"
I take a look around.
"Eh, they don't look that organised over here, for sure. And I'm not sure shop keepers would be wanting telling us where their direct competitors are.
Maybe we've right promising some urchin 5 plat if they show us the way or something? Or we just ask random folks in the street..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:31 pm
Or we could wander down towards...wherever the hell B quadrant is
Frank grimaces lightly...he did that a lot lately.

"No wandering again. Let's not waste time, please?"

That hadn't worked out all that well before...and he'd rather pack up and get back to the ship
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:39 pm
And I'm not sure shop keepers would be wanting telling us where their direct competitors are.
Maybe we've right promising some urchin 5 plat if they show us the way or something? Or we just ask random folks in the street..."
He nods reluctantly
"I agree on the first point...but i'm not really comfortable to get kids into this..."

Look around for a shop selling equipment. Stuff for spacesuits, tools or such
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:00 pm
"No wandering again. Let's not waste time, please?"
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:39 pm
And I'm not sure shop keepers would be wanting telling us where their direct competitors are.
He nods reluctantly
"I agree on the first point...but i'm not really comfortable to get kids into this..."
"You guys have a point. Let's try and find someone who'd know about that kind of merchant, see if they can point us in the right direction."

I look around for people with weapons, they might know where Hosef'Wa is.
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:19 pm
with somewhat unstable voice I reply "Y-y-yeah, fair point..."
I give Saoirse a concerned look and edge a bit closer so I can speak more quietly. "What's up, you see something?"

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
I pull the bandage back off my leg hastily and gather a short length of it between my hands, positioning myself beside the door on the latch side.
When the guard enters, I loop the bandage over their head as a makeshift garrote, quickly positioning myself behind them, and them between me and the doorway.
If there is but one guard, I choke them out on the spot.
If there are multiple guards:
-I merely throttle the guard gently and shout "Shishae Kriivar dobiri!" at them, before adding "Or if any of you speak Standard, that'd be nice too" as an afterthought.
-I increase the tension in response to threatening motions.

cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:21 pm
I give Saoirse a concerned look and edge a bit closer so I can speak more quietly. "What's up, you see something?"
"Wh-" I clear my throat a bit. "Nono, everything's fine..."
After a second or two I softly add
"I was just reminded of Bob and his teddy bear..."
I clear my troat again.
TheMainMethod wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:40 pm
“Saoirse is right. I grew up in an area similar and it is always the invisible who see and hear the most.”
I scan the area for any urchins or beggars to talk with.
thankful for the distraction, I reply
"Allright, b-but let's not all go and look different ways, b-best to stick together...
B-by the way, Nilo, what equipment d-do you carry? I like t-to know before we get into combat situations...
I have a g-grav amp, electro amp, st-stasis amp and a battlestaff myself."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:33 am
"Wh-" I clear my throat a bit. "Nono, everything's fine..."
After a second or two I softly add
"I was just reminded of Bob and his teddy bear..."
I clear my troat again.
I frown, the reminder of our fallen teammate almost shaking me from my shell of professionalism. I will myself with an almost physical effort to keep my head in the game, and decide to try and comfort Saoirse- sometimes it can be easy to forget that my teammates probably deal with things like deaths worse than I am since they're not soldiers- well, except for Nilo. I get the feeling he's quite used to violence.

Unfortunately, by the time I get myself together, Saoirse has seized upon Nilo's opportunity to change the subject. I sigh quietly to myself and decide to go along with it for now- we can all deal with things if...when we get out of here alive.

"She's got a point, Nilo. What can you do in combat? and are you any good at infiltration? I can't say this job is something I'm too used to, myself."

Online Now