Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:43 pm
Laugh, "So what, we're just going run away?"
"I don't give a fukc what you do, but yes, I'm running away. Beta was going to Downtown, and I don't know that they're incompetent yet."
I abscond the fukc out of there, dodging as best as I can and aiming for Downtown.
On the way, I empty my plasma rifle behind me to slow the gangsters down a bit.
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My face falls slightly at the mention of Bob, but I turn to the newcomer and give a polite nod- until he just glares at us. Nice. I can already tell this is going to be a fun partnership.

Whatever. A squad doesn't need to like each other, just work together. I step forward and offer my hand to shake. "Nilo, was it? I'm Caleb Moore, that's Saoirse and Frank," I say, pointing to my squadmates in turn. "Welcome aboard."

Frank certainly could buy that some of the first party splintered off and got lost. That Big Daneelo picked them up also made sense in regards to the stability on the station. And that they'd talk if motivated also came as no surprise.

But that Daneelo would hand them off to a run-away squad of the guys who, according to his words had started off a civil war? To go with them on an errand for said boss?

That didn't sound right. And he was glaring at them too! Right off the bat!

Hahahaha! No. That guy was fishy. Perhaps assigned to keep them in line? All they'd need was a human with reasonably similar build who could wear the stuff from the captured inmate.

Heck! Perhaps they too were on their way to that fate if things went wrong!

Still...the revelations from before still weighted heavy on Frank's shoulders. He felt exhausted already...if they'd have to worry about the new guy, so be it...

Frank slowly stands up again. That open display of emotions had been appropriate to the news...but it made him forget where they were...openly showed weakness was something that'd paint a big target on their backs...

He nods to Nilo in greeting.

"It's hard to believe, after getting separated from the squad you must've been picked up almost immediately to evade attention and hunts..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

"I sense you," a voice rumbles. The source is impossible to locate; Ishmael hastily withdraws his psi probing from Mebasha's mind, thinking it might be Mebasha, but no, the thoughts continue: "Know now that you are marked."
By His tender meatballs, what have I walked into this time? I must warn the others.

Discretely look at the beeping PDA. See a message from Buck that's telling gibberish. Ignore it.

Peek out of the bar. Using cover, approach Mebasha. Show that I have no ill-intent, but don't get too close.
"Esteemed leader, I'll be brief. We have no intention to mess with you or your business; we are, in fact, merely passing by. However, that Kwari bastard - that double-crossing, cheating landlubber - must pay for his sins. If I see him, I shall eliminate him - unless you want him for anything, that is. Then I shall gladly deliver him to you, as a token of my good intentions and commitment to keeping out of your way in the future."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Saying nothing in so many words...I'd be almost impressed...

Frank answers Nilo with suppressed mental exhaustion and a bit of annoyance...

"Questions? We are supposed to work together, but without knowledge of what the others can actually do...?"

Throw a glance at Daneelo

"I brought a sword and a crossbow...still got the med-kit with me though..."

Suspicions...? Many...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:51 pm
Then, turn to Yuuji and ask:

"Anyways, the hell was that between you n' that ugly alien bastard that was tryin' to get the door open? Was he with that gang o' thugs that were skulkin' outside the bar? Feller looked like he was in a real hurry."
"He can explain on the way.
The sooner we complete this task, the sooner we can move on to more meaningful work.
In but a short time, we will be the most respected mercenaries on the station!
Bill and I will give this our all, and for as long as you're on team, I expect the same from you."
*nod at Yuuji*
"Now, let's hurry up and locate our client's contact Glory waits for no man!"

Proceed to the northern quadrant of the downtown area, as specified by Squigg.
Pick out an individual who looks friendly, and at least somewhat respectable.
Avoid dark alleys and any location that could set us up for an easy ambush.
Once I've chosen someone, approach them.

"Greetings to you!
We're here to complete a task given to us by one of our clients; would you mind taking some time to help us out?
The name is Connley, by the way. Connley Mckale! And this is my team"
*Motion to the two individuals that are hopefully behind me*
"What we need to find is a money lender of sorts. One that will lend to humans.
We would be appreciative if you could point us in the right direction."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Online Now