Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Hema wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:21 am
"I can't afford to wait around for you to come to your senses, Buck.
Fame and glory wait for no man! If you can't be swayed to apologize then you'll have to find your own way down.
Gene and I will be taking the shuttle over just as soon as I have a word with our pilot!"

Radio the shuttle pilot
"Greetings to your good sir!
This is the legendary Brom Keegan speaking!
I'd like to apologize for the horrible behavior of my crewmates.
They're all a bit cranky, but they're decent fellows most of the time.
Of course I understand if you would like to avoid interacting with them.
With the way they were acting, who would?

Two of us (including myself) were fairly well behaved however.
We'll be willing to pay for a trip to the station, as well as take care of any business you might have there as an added bonus.
That's right, you'll have the great Brom Keegan taking care of business for you. Not an offer that one gets often!"
Interject:

"Wait a damn second - "

Look back at the other team, leaping across the chasm, then turn around reluctantly:

"I'm- I'm comin' with y'all. I was just jokin' with the guy, for God's sake, he should lighten up a bit. Sheesh, why's everyone so serious!? Tell him we'll pay him 400 tin up front, you n' me. For just three people, that's a bargain! He can even sell our info, for all I care! Just get us off this hunk o' junk, 'cause there's no way in hell I'm doin' that"

Gesture towards the other squad
Curse the fact that the squids are screwing me over again under my breath, vowing terrible retaliation

if, while Brom is talking to the pilot, I can hear him make a fuss about me specifically, butt in and shout:

"Oh C'MON, that was just a, a- prank, yeah, just a funny lil' prank! I ain't tried to kill you or nothin'! It ain't my fault y'all ain't got no sense o' humor. You really thought that that was me tryin'a pull a fast one on you? No way!"

Resist the urge to insult the pilot
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

'That...went better than expected. Honestly...'
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 am
I stare around in rapt (and probably impolite) attention for a minute or so. I've never actually seen aliens before, after all...
"Now then, em, will we do some recon and shopping first or do we head straight for the Tanker to find those Vesuvius fellas?"
I hesitate for a bit, and then add
"...I didn't mention this on the ship, but I'd also like to see is there a way to send a message from here. To... an other system. I don't have my hopes up, but I want to check regardless..."
[IC]Frank[/IC]

Frank stops anxiously watching their surroundings -he didn't exactly mind aliens...what he heard about the local situation though, that bothered him- to take a short surprised and slightly questioning look at her.
He then looks away and to the ground...it sounded quite personal...

'Where do we find a comm-station though?'

'We could-'
Cha0zz wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:39 am
Before Bob look for work Bob like some ice-cream.
Can Bob and Jimmy has ice-cream?
Bemused, he started again.

'We could take a look at the tanker so we can be sure it's the right location and that we find it again...and then grab some ice cream for Bob? We can use that to see a bit of the general mood here, I guess?'
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Well...that went better than I expected. The pilot was even entertaining to listen to. I idly wonder just how much fun (and just how crazy of a time it would be) to go drinking with him...I shake my head. Another time, another place.

I take in my surroundings a bit. Fuhodo Station looks like the kind of place where I'd worry about getting tetanus from a bruise. I'm instantly reminded of any one of the old former waystations one could find near Dashta, filled with the poor, the downtrodden, and the criminal; or even the slums on the outskirts of the city where we'd have to patrol every now and then. Even though the people are different- we're the only humans in sight here, after all- it appears that the blight of urban decay crosses species barriers rather easily. I resolve not to look too deeply into the alleys- just enough to make sure there's nobody lying in wait to ambush us. It never hurts to be cautious in places like this...but it also is best not to be too curious, either.
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 am
I stare around in rapt (and probably impolite) attention for a minute or so. I've never actually seen aliens before, after all...
"Now then, em, will we do some recon and shopping first or do we head straight for the Tanker to find those Vesuvius fellas?"
I hesitate for a bit, and then add
"...I didn't mention this on the ship, but I'd also like to see is there a way to send a message from here. To... an other system. I don't have my hopes up, but I want to check regardless..."
I nod. "There's probably something like that around, but I'm not sure how much range you'd get out of any comms terminal on this station. We can keep an eye out or ask around, I suppose."
F4wk35 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 am
'We could take a look at the tanker so we can be sure it's the right location and that we find it again...and then grab some ice cream for Bob? We can use that to see a bit of the general mood here, I guess?'
I grin at Bob's request. Say what you will about the guy, but he's got his priorities. Hopefully the aliens aren't too alien to find him as endearing as some of the crew does. We already look menacing as it is, carrying around all these weapons. Bob could help us remain a bit circumspect and hopefully open up some of these people to dialogue.

Turning to the rest of the group, I nod my head at Frank's statement. "I agree, it'd be a good idea to get some clue of how people around here are going to take our presence."

Left unsaid is my hope that doing a bit of shopping will help us blend in a bit more. Perhaps if we're seen doing things that don't involve attempting to exterminate every alien in sight, it will help separate us in the populace's eyes from the Nemesis.

Triggerhappy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:05 pm
(( Talvieno said that the asteroid as a whole has 0.001 G, and that the anti-gravity fields of the station are like small bubbles covering the station in bits. He also said station gravity is 0.5 G, and that the leap from the ship to the station "Talvieno> would take some skill <Talvieno> maybe a bit extra skill with extra people Talvieno> could work though." Lets try it, what do we have to lose? ))
((Talvieno said less than 0.001G, because it's a relatively "small" asteroid, only a few kilometers in diameter. It's probably much much less than this, on the order of 0.003m/s. You'd barely even notice.))
Hema wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Fame and glory wait for no man! If you can't be swayed to apologize then you'll have to find your own way down.
Gene and I will be taking the shuttle over just as soon as I have a word with our pilot!"

Radio the shuttle pilot

We'll be willing to pay for a trip to the station, as well as take care of any business you might have there as an added bonus.
That's right, you'll have the great Brom Keegan taking care of business for you. Not an offer that one gets often!"
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:32 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:

Radio the shuttle pilot

Interject:

"Wait a damn second - "

Look back at the other team, leaping across the chasm, then turn around reluctantly:

"I'm- I'm comin' with y'all. I was just jokin' with the guy, for God's sake, he should lighten up a bit. Sheesh, why's everyone so serious!? Tell him we'll pay him 400 tin up front, you n' me. For just three people, that's a bargain! He can even sell our info, for all I care! Just get us off this hunk o' junk, 'cause there's no way in hell I'm doin' that"

Gesture towards the other squad
Curse the fact that the squids are screwing me over again under my breath, vowing terrible retaliation

if, while Brom is talking to the pilot, I can hear him make a fuss about me specifically, butt in and shout:

"Oh C'MON, that was just a, a- prank, yeah, just a funny lil' prank! I ain't tried to kill you or nothin'! It ain't my fault y'all ain't got no sense o' humor. You really thought that that was me tryin'a pull a fast one on you? No way!"

Resist the urge to insult the pilot
Brom and Buck desperately call for the shuttle driver to return. Brom tries to remind him that he's had fairly good behavior, while Buck begs and pleads to be let back aboard, and promises 400 plat. The pilot's response isn't what they wanted to hear.

"I do not trust you, kap'shik! No amount of pleading will change that!" the pilot stresses over the radio. "And only 400 plat? Even now you insult me! The charge is per trip, not per passenger! It says so on the sign in the cabin, which you would have seen had you not been plotting to cheat me! Get off my comm channels!"

It's kind of hard to tell, him being an alien and all, but he sounds like he might still be a little pissed off.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:35 pm
"I do not trust you, kap'shik! No amount of pleading will change that!" the pilot stresses over the radio. "And only 400 plat? Even now you insult me! The charge is per trip, not per passenger! It says so on the sign in the cabin, which you would have seen had you not been plotting to cheat me! Get off my comm channels!"
Explode at the comms:
"Well fukc you too, you stupid alien asshole! We dun' need yer shitty shuttle anyway, it smelled real queer in there anyway! I'd never go anywhere in such a piece o' crap. Go burn in hell!"

Turn to Brom and Gene:

"Well? Ideas? Told you this wouldn't work!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm
Turn to Brom and Gene:
"I was afraid this would happen. It's all my fault really.
He probably thinks himself unworthy of transporting someone of my awesome reputation.
Not to worry however, I always have a plan!

Now listen closely, as this is important!
As you all know, public transportation is out of the question.
So... We are going enter the station the old-fashioned way!
We will walk away from the Nemesis and onto the docks, all while posing as mercenaries!
Of course it won't do for me to using my real name, as someone as great as I would be recognized immediately.
So I have come up with an alias to use while we're here. I would suggest the two do of you do the same.
After all, by traveling with me, you might have picked up a bit of fame yourselves.
Until this mission is completed, I will be known as Connley 'Killshot' Mckale.
Once you both are ready, we'll begin!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm
Turn to Brom and Gene:
"I was afraid this would happen. It's all my fault really.
He probably thinks himself unworthy of transporting someone of my awesome reputation.
Not to worry however, I always have a plan!

Now listen closely, as this is important!
As you all know, public transportation is out of the question.
So... We are going enter the station the old-fashioned way!
We will walk away from the Nemesis and onto the docks, all while posing as mercenaries!
Of course it won't do for me to using my real name, as someone as great as I would be recognized immediately.
So I have come up with an alias to use while we're here. I would suggest the two do of you do the same.
After all, by traveling with me, you might have picked up a bit of fame yourselves.
Once you both are ready, we'll begin!"
Nod along as Brom speaks, pause when he says his nickname. Slightly raise my eyebrow and say:

"Killshot?"

After I realize that he's serious, go ahead and offer up my own alias:

"A'ight then, I'll just use my ol' alias from Arskosha - Billy Butcher, 'the Terminator'!"

Say the last part with pride, even though I completely made it up on the spot

"Yeah, I wouldn't mess with no feller named the damn 'Terminator', would you? Much more dangerous soundin' than 'Killshot', if ya ask me."

Nod along to my own words, then turn to Gene:

"You?"

Brom wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:56 pm
"A'ight then, I'll just use my ol' alias from Arskosha - Billy Butcher, 'the Terminator'!"
Expressionlessly:
"'Connley McKale.' And 'Billy Butcher.' Rolls right off the tongue, don't they."
"Well, I don't think I've got much to disguise. But if you insist, Br—er, Killshot, I shall be Ellis 'Hammerhead' McCormick."

Draw and pump my gauss shotgun menacingly, then turn back to glance at my teammates.
"Gentlemen. Shall we depart?"
Last edited by TotallyNotHuman on Thu May 23, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"Alright. We can look for that pasta Ishmael wanted as well then, I suppose."
Together with the group (( i.e. only if everyone tags along, I locate the Portside Tanker to my right, memorise its location, and then go look for a place that sells ice cream. If we find any, I help Bob buy ice cream and get one for myself as well, because why not.
Then I go look for some kind of grocery store or supermarket that sells human food, and see if they have any pudding and spaghetti.
In the meantime, I keep a lookout for a place where I could send a message home.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu May 23, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm
"Gentlemen. Shall we depart?"
"Let's get the hell outta here."

Walk with my team to the clamp
Somewhere along the way, preferably somewhere where we can remove our masks and there are no other people (especially no non-Nemesis personnel), tell the other two:

"Hol' up a sec, forgot to say somethin'."

if we're somewhere where helmets can safely be removed temporarily, also say:

"Turn y'all's comms off for a sec, will ya?"

Take my helmet off(if it's safe), turn my comms off and tell Gene and Brom:

"Now, back at home, whenever me n' my buds were off on some work, we had this code-sorta system. When yer talkin' to yer soon-to-be-killed enemies, you generally dun' want to plan out how to kill 'em in front o' them. So we had certain bunches o' words that meant somethin' secret instead! How's 'bout somethin' like that for us? Say, "what time's it?" means kill 'em all on the count o' 3. "Could use a Lucky Striker" means fukcin' kill 'em all right now. "Feels like 5 o'clock" means I'll take care o' the bastard at my 5 o' clock, so y'all dun' need to worry 'bout it. Or it just means there's some pontential danger in that direction. "Pretty nice day" means yer in trouble, n' for the rest of us to come n' save yer ass. That sound good?"

After this, put my mask back on, turn my comms on and continue on to our destination with the rest
Once we reach the exit of the side-clamp (the part where the Nemesis ends and Fuhodo begins), stay alert for threats
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Fri May 24, 2019 9:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

((I was notified by both Hema and Narwhalz after I fell asleep that we are not on the shuttle anymore. This is why I should not do anything other than review during exam week because I inevitably make mistakes like this. Post has been edited accordingly.))

Follow Brom and Buck down the rear docking clamp.
Buck wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:05 am
"Hol' up a sec, forgot to say somethin'."
Take off my helmet if Buck tells us to and does it, indicating that it's safe to do so.
"Yeah, what's up?"
Buck wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:05 am
"Now, back at home, whenever me n' my buds were off on some work, we had this code-sorta system. When yer talkin' to yer soon-to-be-killed enemies, you generally dun' want to plan out how to kill 'em in front o' them. So we had certain bunches o' words that meant somethin' secret instead! How's 'bout somethin' like that for us? Say, "what time's it?" means kill 'em all on the count o' 3. "Could use a Lucky Striker" means fukcin' kill 'em all right now. "Feels like 5 o'clock" means I'll take care o' the bastard at my 5 o' clock, so y'all dun' need to worry 'bout it. Or it just means there's some pontential danger in that direction. "Pretty nice day" means yer in trouble, n' for the rest of us to come n' save yer ass. That sound good?"
"Yeah that sounds about right. Figure we could probably use something less standardized than clock directions, but it's a good start."

((TotallyNotHuman: I have to say, I greatly appreciate your efforts to participate, even despite your busy IRL schedule. That certainly hasn't gone unnoticed. However, if you don't have time, you simply don't have time. REKT is supposed to be fun, not a chore. :P For future reference (in case something like this comes up again), it is 100% okay to temporarily hand your character to someone else or simply go inactive (if you're in a safe spot) as long as I understand the situation. That will buy you up to a month of leeway. I completely understand that sometimes life can get too hectic. No need to make things more stressful for yourself.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now