Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#529
Hema wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 pm
"I'm sure he is. He may perhaps hide it, but I know how he really feels. I'm excellent when it comes to reading people.
"Ah, then yes, one of your fans did just sabotage my ship. While I was keeping an eye out and fixing your railgun, Frank decided to fukcing electrocute himself somehow and probably fried half the electronics in my ship, and then proceeded to land on my robot arm. Nice job, Frank! I was hoping we'd gotten rid of an idiot when we scammed Bob, but it looks like we picked up another sack of shit with a cryogenic IQ instead. At least the only person taking hits for Lemons' idiocy was Lemons. Frank, if you get shot… it's all duct tape. Only reason you'll get anything is 'cause you gave me that coag."



"Oh yeah. Gene, your CASKET's fucked too."
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#530
*Still startled, thinking fast but a bit out of it*

"How the hell should I have known that it'd somehow strike back?!? Never heard of a building that averse to being poked!"

Holy hell, if Vynkor and Gene don't kill me, anabai will screw my head off! This whole situation is a complete clusterfukc!

((I am soooo embarassed right now :oops: ))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#531
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:57 am
"I said there was no reason to leave, if you remember," he speaks. His voice echoes through the chamber. Saoirse surmises that he is addressing her, specifically. His eyes trace to Jimmy, and then back. "The toy is found."
"Ah, but that's where you're wrong - sometimes searching for something is more important than actually finding it."
I carefully take Spoon out, holding it in a non-threatening way, but ready to deflect any attacks.
While I let my friends and Ishmael do the talking, I try to figure out what the bauble is mystery man is toying with, and closely observe him and our surroundings.


(( continued here ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#532
Ishmael
outlander wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:34 pm
Shiver me timbers and damn me the depths! I don't like this guy. He seems...unnatural. Non-human. Mechanical. There's no Lord's light in him at all.

Take two small steps forward.

"I am afraid you are having us at a disadvantage. Apparently, you seem to know us, but I don't think we know you."
He glances at you, very briefly. "You do not," he affirms simply.


Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:37 pm
I step into the nacelle to be greeted by a bizarre sight- a man standing in the open air without a helmet! Something just looks...off about him. I find myself instantly creeped out.

I cautiously advance towards the rest of the squad, lowering my weapon. No need to provoke an adverse response- though something tells me the electrorifle would do little more than annoy him.

"We've been 'open with each other?' You've been listening in on our comms? What do you want? And what the hell do you mean we were here to help the squids? They hate us!"


My unease grows the more I think about this. Some random...thing, because no human could breathe this atmosphere for long, that can simply tap into our comms, and seemed to know a lot about what was going on.
The man replies to your last question first, musing over your response. "They didn't tell you... curious. ...But perhaps there is another explanation." He pauses for a moment, as though calculating. The soft clicking sound continues in the silence. When he finally speaks: "And, yes, I can 'hear' your radio communications system. It unfortunately does not provide the same information depth as a physical presence. I found passive observation of your group to be insufficient, and thus, you are here. However... this alone continues to fail to properly explain the anomalies." He puts a slight emphasis on this last sentence.


Saoirse
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 am
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:57 am
"I said there was no reason to leave, if you remember," he speaks. His voice echoes through the chamber. Saoirse surmises that he is addressing her, specifically. His eyes trace to Jimmy, and then back. "The toy is found."
"Ah, but that's where you're wrong - sometimes searching for something is more important than actually finding it."
I carefully take Spoon out, holding it in a non-threatening way, but ready to deflect any attacks.
While I let my friends and Ishmael do the talking, I try to figure out what the bauble is mystery man is toying with, and closely observe him and our surroundings.
"At times," the man grants, "but not in this instance."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#533
(( continued from here ))

"Well, I don't think you're gonna get much explanation without answering these questions: what exactly do you want to know? Why you want to know it. And who are you anyway? "
if he fails to give an actually informative answer to all of these, I say "Okay, suit yourself.", pointedly sit down on a nearbye non radioactive crate and pointedly start playing Gus Jordan's/The Glen Road to Carrick/The Road to Edenderry on my bagpipes, while pointedly looking him in the eyes.

If we would get in some kind of danger, switch to Spoon, get into cover or flee (whatever seems more logical) and attack any enemies with the electro amp (up to four times)
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#534
0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 pm
"Ah, then yes, one of your fans did just sabotage my ship. While I was keeping an eye out and fixing your railgun, Frank decided to fukcing electrocute himself somehow and probably fried half the electronics in my ship, and then proceeded to land on my robot arm. Nice job, Frank! I was hoping we'd gotten rid of an idiot when we scammed Bob, but it looks like we picked up another sack of shit with a cryogenic IQ instead. At least the only person taking hits for Lemons' idiocy was Lemons. Frank, if you get shot… it's all duct tape. Only reason you'll get anything is 'cause you gave me that coag."



"Oh yeah. Gene, your CASKET's fucked too."
"Well that's just fukcing peachy. Frank, if I ever get your hands on you while you're injured, so help me I will fukcing drown you in isopropyl alcohol. The only reason I'd do that is if Vynka can't get to you, so you better start praying for her duct tape."

mutters to self "This day just can't get any worse…"

((inb4 Tal decides to unleash all nine circles of hell on Alpha after my comment :ghost:))
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#536
0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 pm
"Ah, then yes, one of your fans did just sabotage my ship. While I was keeping an eye out and fixing your railgun, Frank decided to fukcing electrocute himself somehow and probably fried half the electronics in my ship, and then proceeded to land on my robot arm. Nice job, Frank! I was hoping we'd gotten rid of an idiot when we scammed Bob, but it looks like we picked up another sack of shit with a cryogenic IQ instead. At least the only person taking hits for Lemons' idiocy was Lemons. Frank, if you get shot… it's all duct tape. Only reason you'll get anything is 'cause you gave me that coag."
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:26 am
"Well that's just fukcing peachy. Frank, if I ever get your hands on you while you're injured, so help me I will fukcing drown you in isopropyl alcohol. The only reason I'd do that is if Vynka can't get to you, so you better start praying for her duct tape."
*Exasperated, nearly yelling*

"Fine! So it's friggin duct tape and drowning in alcohol for me! Oh jolly! Can't friggin wait for that! I know, let's invite the squids too! Perhaps they friggin blow themselves into fried squid rings or something! And as I am obviously incapable of destroying the right things, I'll just stay out here and fix the mess I made myself! Because that's a way better idea than trying to do something else useful that might even involve me putting my hands on something pointy and dangerous again! Just friggin come and screw my head off already!"


((It's raining squadmates! Halleluja! Gosh, so shame atm ._.))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#537
0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 pm
"I'm sure he is. He may perhaps hide it, but I know how he really feels. I'm excellent when it comes to reading people.
"Ah, then yes, one of your fans did just sabotage my ship. While I was keeping an eye out and fixing your railgun, Frank decided to fukcing electrocute himself somehow and probably fried half the electronics in my ship, and then proceeded to land on my robot arm. Nice job, Frank! I was hoping we'd gotten rid of an idiot when we scammed Bob, but it looks like we picked up another sack of shit with a cryogenic IQ instead. At least the only person taking hits for Lemons' idiocy was Lemons. Frank, if you get shot… it's all duct tape. Only reason you'll get anything is 'cause you gave me that coag."



"Oh yeah. Gene, your CASKET's fucked too."
"Your ability to destroy is commendable, Frank. Your aim is apparently slightly less so.
Please refrain from destroying our ships in the future, or I shall no longer be able to consider you my apprentice in training.
Such a decision would be unfortunate as I see a good deal of potential in you, but I cannot have you tarnishing my reputation.
Now, I'm going to task both you and Vynka in insuring that those ships are still able to fly. Don't worry about repairing anything non-essential.
Those things are junk heaps anyway, and I need you in here as soon as possible.

Buck, you may finally have the chance to use your grav gun, as we've got a decent sized corridor here with what sounds like a couple of angry squids towards the end of it. Should be a good opportunity to let loose."
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#538
F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am
0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 pm
"Ah, then yes, one of your fans did just sabotage my ship. While I was keeping an eye out and fixing your railgun, Frank decided to fukcing electrocute himself somehow and probably fried half the electronics in my ship, and then proceeded to land on my robot arm. Nice job, Frank! I was hoping we'd gotten rid of an idiot when we scammed Bob, but it looks like we picked up another sack of shit with a cryogenic IQ instead. At least the only person taking hits for Lemons' idiocy was Lemons. Frank, if you get shot… it's all duct tape. Only reason you'll get anything is 'cause you gave me that coag."
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:26 am
"Well that's just fukcing peachy. Frank, if I ever get your hands on you while you're injured, so help me I will fukcing drown you in isopropyl alcohol. The only reason I'd do that is if Vynka can't get to you, so you better start praying for her duct tape."
*Exasperated, nearly yelling*

"Fine! So it's friggin duct tape and drowning in alcohol for me! Oh jolly! Can't friggin wait for that! I know, let's invite the squids too! Perhaps they friggin blow themselves into fried squid rings or something! And as I am obviously incapable of destroying the right things, I'll just stay out here and fix the mess I made myself! Because that's a way better idea than trying to do something else useful that might even involve me putting my hands on something pointy and dangerous again! Just friggin come and screw my head off already!"


((It's raining squadmates! Halleluja! Gosh, so shame atm ._.))
Annoyed at what seems like Gene and Vynkor bullying Frank:

"Hey! Y'all leave m'partner Frank the frak alone, this ain't none o' his fault - it's them troublemakin' squids, I tell y'all! They want us to fight each other, those are them cowardly tactics their ilk use! Now, anyone here has a problem with Frank -"

Dramatically unsheathes his plasma baton

"- has a goddamn problem with me!"
Hema wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 pm
Buck, you may finally have the chance to use your grav gun, as we've got a decent sized corridor here with what sounds like a couple of angry squids towards the end of it. Should be a good opportunity to let loose."
"Um, I just took this here baton out but... Yeah, whatever. *sigh* It's always Buck who has to rescue the damn day!"

((One of you should take out the turret at the end of the hall before I come to fire the gravgun, preferably))

Take my gravgun out
Wait for everyone in my squad to get in a safe spot
if I am able to position myself at a position from which I can safely fire the gravgun through the corridor without coming under fire
-Shoot the gravgun through the corridor
-Get back in cover
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#539
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
“I'll go in and handle the revealed turret. If there are turrets on the right wall the I'll need Gene to move in to assist. Can't teach your anything if I do everything myself after all.
Once the turret is down, we'll move behind Buck so as to be out of the way when he fires.
Buck, I'll let you know when we're ready.”

Frank and Vynka, you two already know what you're supposed to do. Just get it done quickly and meet up with us as soon as possible. You wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to see me in action.”

Move along the plotted path (shield up) until within view of the red turret.
If I find there's a turret to my right inform Gene:
“As I expected, we've got a trap to the east. Take it out for me will ya, Gene?”

As soon as I have a clear shot, fire at most two shots (with my pistol) at the circled turret (one if it goes down on the first shot)
After firing, move back along the wall until I'm behind Buck and get into cover (behind Buck)
Begin reloading my pistol, and inform Buck when he has a clear shot.
“Coast is clear now, Buck. Fire away. You can't mess with Brom Keegan and his crew and get away with it! Now they'll get what they've got coming to them.”

After the grav projectile as had time to move through the corridor, move back along the the path I used before and continue on into the plant.
At the first sign of danger, get into cover, and hook in with my tether.
If I have a clear shot at the at the threat, fire at it twice with my pistol.
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#540
Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:26 pm
"Hey! Y'all leave m'partner Frank the frak alone, this ain't none o' his fault - it's them troublemakin' squids, I tell y'all! They want us to fight each other, those are them cowardly tactics their ilk use! Now, anyone here has a problem with Frank -"

Dramatically unsheathes his plasma baton

"- has a goddamn problem with me!"
*sarcastic thinking*

Oh great! Last thing I needed was misguided infighting! I enjoy this sooo much!



Grumble and curse under my breath.
Try to restart the computer
If it does restart
-Run a diagnostics check
Try to reactivate the thrusters and engines
If working
-Fly over to a clear point nearby and land there again
If my CASKET won't budge
-Curse my luck
-Get out and do repairs to enable flying and maneuvering again
-Cannibalize Miles' CASKET if neccessary
-If doing so
--Upon seeing the condition he and his ship are in, start muttering about him being lucky to be rid of those other maniacs already

If at any point armed, hostile enemies appear
-Duck behind something nearby
-Go aggro and yell at them to leave me alone, this day has been shit enough already
-Shoot an explosive bolt at them if they refuse to leave
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron