Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:17 pm
Looks at the doorless structure in the middle of the courtyard

"Hey, by the way, any one of y'all noticed this strange-lookin' building here? Ain't seem to be no door... And it dun look like no modern art piece to me. I say thems squids must be hidin' somethin' in there! Let's blow it open, maybe they put the magic fuel in there!"
"Even if the Stellaplex is inside that building, blasting our way in might damage or disperse the material so we cannot claim it...working more carefully with a properly sized blowtorch might work though...but that depends on the toughness of the hull..."
Hema wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 pm
"It pains me to say this, but I agree with the squad drunk. Those things don't strike me as having the intelligence to plan an ambush.
They don't have helmets either, and haven't tried to follow us out. They're not going to come out the other side.
There may be other squids though, so we're charging in just yet.

As for your lizard dog, he is lying straight ahead all covered in mud. I'm not sure as to his condition, but I'd say he wouldn't be feeling to well were he conscious. It might be worth it to take a scan of the thing before we go, Frank. Maybe the science boys back on the Nemesis could make use of the info."
((I have to admit that I don't really see it on the map...the turn before it was clearly visible, but without the red aura...now I only see 2 active [red] drakehounds in the distance...))

*Darkly muttering under breath*
"Never talked about the lizards..."

*Loud again*
"Sure, I can make a scan of it if time allows...but giving a scan of a drugged-out-of-its-mind lizard to the techs might just piss them off...someone has to make sure though that it dies after that...I'm not sure that my crossbow has enough power to finish them off...at least not without using an explosive bolt..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:44 am
"Why bother finishing it off? They wanted a prisoner, didn't they? Just duct tape it to the hull and bring it back."
All this woman has in her head seems to be duct tape! I do not want to find out what she did before being stuffed into an experimental cryo-box...

"Even if we duct-taped it to a ship, I doubt we'll get useful information out of a bloodthirsty reptile...but please, be my guest."
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 am
0111narwhalz wrote:
"Why bother finishing it off? They wanted a prisoner, didn't they? Just duct tape it to the hull and bring it back."
All this woman has in her head seems to be duct tape! I do not want to find out what she did before being stuffed into an experimental cryo-box...

"Even if we duct-taped it to a ship, I doubt we'll get useful information out of a bloodthirsty reptile...but please, be my guest."
"The talkin' computer said we bring 'em a prisoner, ain't said nothin' 'bout it havin' to be no squid... or sapient, for that matter. I'm sure that green thing will serve them just fine - let's just tape it to Frank's ship and call it a day!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 am
0111narwhalz wrote:

"The talkin' computer said we bring 'em a prisoner, ain't said nothin' 'bout it havin' to be no squid... or sapient, for that matter. I'm sure that green thing will serve them just fine - let's just tape it to Frank's ship and call it a day!"
"In case you guys hadn't noticed, they won't leave the airshield and they have no helmets of any sort. I don't think it would survive strapped to our ship.
Now if we're all done bickering about how best to waste our time, I'd like to get on with the mission.
I want everyone helping with this push this time. No slackers. Until we have information to suggest otherwise, we will assume that our objective is located in the back of the plant. That's where we're going.
We're going to take a right at the fork in the path, after which I want extreme caution from all of you. Keep your eyes peeled for turrets, squids and other abominations, and get into cover if you come under fire. There is to be no shooting of friendlies this time. stay out of eachother's line of fire.
Does anyone have any questions?"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:24 pm
"The fight's over no thanks to you, Gene. You know we could have used an extra gun.
We were able to handle them of course but good god did you ever pick a bad time to bail on us.
We're going further into the facility to grab the stellaplex and then we're getting out of here. Some of our scaly meat-grinder friends escaped, so we'll have to watch out for them."
0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:12 pm
"Oh, so kind of you to join us."
"Cut me a fukcing break, would the two of you? Would you rather have me die in battle from that wound that healed just now? Actually, scratch that. I know you would've."

Oh FSM, if Ishmael goes in there, things might not go well...

"Ishmael, you sure you wanna go in there? I don't think those guys are going to take too kindly to it. Maybe we should try negotiating a bit more?"

Remains outside the room, aiming my electrorifle in. If the squids attack one of us, I return fire, trying to take out the attacker closest to them and firing no more than 3 shots.

Holster my gravgun and unsheathe my baton
Follow behind Brom while twirling my baton in my hand and whistling an ever-so-slightly annoying country tune
if I get attacked by something in melee
-Hit it with the baton (max times limited by my skill)
-if it is a green thing
--Loudly exclaim "Oh, will ye fukc off already!?"
if someone starts shooting at me
-Duck behind cover
if the rest of the squad starts retreating (again)
-Retreat as well
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sun May 13, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I really hope we get further in this time...the more time we lose the more time they have to regroup and prepare...

Reload a tranquilizer bolt.
Make a normal scan of the drugged-out drakehound with the PDA.
Find/Take the Stellaplex harness I left near the door (that probably got hurled through the whole room by a grav-gun...woops ._.) and check it over to see if it still works.
If it still looks functional
-Take it with me
Keep behind Buck and Brom.
If the group is attacked
-take cover and shoot enemies with tranquilizers (one bolt per enemy, 2 shots at max)
Keep an eye out for hidden defences and point them out to the people who can do something against those
Also scan for electronical signals from turrets with the PDA.
If a turret's signal is found
Hack it to corrupt its targetting (Type corruption)
- - - - - - - -

Spoiler:      SHOW
Pull out my shield and pistol and cautiously make my way up the marked path (shield up of course).
If I spot hostiles or I'm attacked, get into cover and open fire on the offending hostile (firing no more than twice per target with a maximum of 4 shots.) If said enemies are Hiltorel, prioritize their limbs above head shots and body shots, provided I have a clear view of those parts.

If I reach the end of the marked path without encountering resistance, I will proceed (shield up) towards the large room in the back of the complex.
I will keep an eye out for enemies and traps, and should I spot any I will immediately get into cover and hook my tether to the nearest heavy object should one be available.
If the enemy forcing me into cover is Hiltorel, I will call out in an attempt to pacify them (I will skip my speech and the short waiting period if I'm faced with enemies other than hHiltorel).

"I am the mighty Brom Keegan! The conqueror of Crius IV and ruler of the Ermhelm underground!
I have a reputation as the best marksman in the galaxy. There is nothing I can't shoot and nothing I can't kill.
Despite the trouble you've attempted to give me and my pupils, I, the Great Brom am willing to spare your life. All I ask is that you surrender your weapons.
If you so choose you may join us, opening you up to the possibility of sharing in an adventure with me in the future.
I will give you a moment to make your decision. I trust that you will make the right one."

After waiting about 5-10 seconds , I will peek out of cover and shoot any hostiles remaining. 2 shots maximum per enemy and no more than 4 in total.
If the hostile is a Hiltorel I will prioritize limbs over other body parts. If the enemy is a drake I will prioritize head shots above all else.
Breaker of fortune cookies

cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:26 pm
"Ishmael, you sure you wanna go in there? I don't think those guys are going to take too kindly to it. Maybe we should try negotiating a bit more?"
"Those that hate or fear the many, many things that He created cannot be true Pastafarians, my fiend. Of course, The Pastafarians must be prepared. I shall not go blindly."

"And I know I you have my back."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

"Guys... Theres very definitely the sound of engines. and its getting louder by the second. i suspect im going to need reinforcements soon"
"we should also get someone to the nemesis to tell them we are done over here"

get to the nearest of the AA guns and try to understand the controls. If its significantly more complex than push button -> get boom take my trusty Babelfish™ PDA dictionary and slowly and painfully translate the markings

if theres something coming AND its visibly hostile
"Guys, we have company. I need help NOW"
-if i got the AA gun working
--use the AA gun to fire on the newcomers however often im allowed to without penalties
-if not
--get in cover behind the AA gun
--try to rip some thrusters off the attacking ships with my grav amp (up to 3 times)

"Bob, hold o..."
Dammit
I dash in after Bob, trying to look as non-threatening as possible.
If we're attacked, I get behind the nearest cover and start to stasis enemies (up to 4 tries, up to 2 actually stasised) and shout "Don't shoot, we're just trying to help!"
If they stop attacking, I stop as well, and let free the ones already stasised.

If applicable, I help Bob and/or Ishmael free the trapped Hiltorel and ask where the box is.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now