Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 pm
"You havin' trouble there, Brom? If you don't feel like you can handle this, it's perfectly fine that you go retreat again n' let me handle the situation. I mean, if they kill ya, like they seem they will, how would we ever do without yer brilliant tactical plans?"
"I think you may have forgotten who you're talking to, Buck. I am the great Brom Keegan! There is nothing I can't handle!
As for retreating, last I checked your ship was beat up pretty badly. What kind of hero would I be if I ran and let you face these tentacled foes yourself?
I certainly wouldn't be able to call myself "great" after such cowardice!
They aren't a threat to me, I'm merely toying with them right now. It makes me happy though to see that you care so much about my well-being."
Breaker of fortune cookies

cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 pm
"Also, I do have something to tell you guys...we've got an additional objective, straight from the captain. Apparently, some dumbass left our sealed orders in the nacelle, and we're to get them back. So, uh...look for anything that looks like documents."
"Looks like documents? Didn't they tell you anything more specific? It's kind of a big place to look for a piece of paper or a PDA... I also hope that squid didn't just fly off with it."

(( they did :P
Spoiler:      SHOW
"I need you to visit that nacelle. If you search near the front of the primary cargo area, you'll find an old red-and-black crate with Captain Machellan's name printed on it, dimensions two feet by one foot by one foot. It should be sealed tight. Don't open it - bring it back directly to me. I'll reward you for it."
))

"Also we should maybe ask our captive friend there what they were doing here. And I really wanna know how his friend here kept teleporting around.
I'd ask him but I'm, er, not very good with people..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:38 am
"Also we should maybe ask our captive friend there what they were doing here. And I really wanna know how his friend here kept teleporting around.
I'd ask him but I'm, er, not very good with people..."
"That task falls to me then, young warrior. I shall ask her that, among other things. Please help our wounded in the meantime, and see if the entry into the nacelle is clear."
cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 pm
"Gearhead, if you could use your tape to restrain the prisoner over here, that'd be great!"
"Belay that, Gearhead. No bonds can restrain a free spirit. Conversely, when the spirit is broken, no bonds are needed."

((I just want to tell you that Ishmael is not Foreigner - you can count on him to kill the enemies and not do anything Lemons did, but don't count on him using common sense RP-wise. He doesn't have any :ghost: ))

"Everybody, don't harm the Hiltorei. I shall speak to her soon."

((I shall post actions later, in the evening probably. I'll interrogate the prisoner, maybe try to make her help us in some capacity...if you want me to ask her any specific question, tell that.))
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
"You havin' trouble there, Brom? If you don't feel like you can handle this, it's perfectly fine that you go retreat again n' let me handle the situation. I mean, if they kill ya, like they seem they will, how would we ever do without yer brilliant tactical plans?"
"I think you may have forgotten who you're talking to, Buck. I am the great Brom Keegan! There is nothing I can't handle!
As for retreating, last I checked your ship was beat up pretty badly. What kind of hero would I be if I ran and let you face these tentacled foes yourself?
They aren't a threat to me, I'm merely toying with them right now. It makes me happy though to see that you care so much about my well-being."
"You call this here beat up badly? Pfft. You've obviously never been to no serious fight, else you'd know tis' barely qualifies as a scratch! But if ya insist on bein' stubborn, I'll let ya handle the last squid, I've damaged it to near-death anyway."

Counts people on the radar and around himself

"Hey, weren't there 5 of us or somethin' when we came here? It's gettin' real hard for me to count when I'm this dry!"

*Ignores bickering between Brom and Buck*
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:55 pm
"Alright, nevermind. It's more than a mess. Frank, I'm going to need those coags sooner rather than later."
"More than a mess?? Agh damn! Try to find cover and land there, I'll be with you in a moment! Stay safe!"
Buck wrote: "Hey, weren't there 5 of us or somethin' when we came here? It's gettin' real hard for me to count when I'm this dry!"
Wait, what??

*checks*

"Last I saw of Miles was when he and Vynkor got under attack. Before my computer broke down..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am
Hema wrote:
Hapchazzard wrote:
"You call this here beat up badly? Pfft. You've obviously never been to no serious fight, else you'd know tis' barely qualifies as a scratch! But if ya insist on bein' stubborn, I'll let ya handle the last squid, I've damaged it to near-death anyway."
"I've been in plenty of serious fights! You are right though that I don't know what a serious injury is like, as my foes are seldom able to land even a grazing blow.
*sigh* Such is the fate of one as skilled as I. Had I more time, I might take a few of them under my wing.
As for your squid, that's hardly what I would call "near death". Had I have done the job he'd be dead already!
Unfortunately I had other matters to attend to. "
Breaker of fortune cookies

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am
I turn to look incredulously at Ishmael. "So you're saying we should leave her unrestrained so that she can stab us in the back the moment she has a chance?"
"Trustworthiness is important for all, and those who deceive are bound t' be found out eventually, and dealt with justly. In this case, 'eventually' would be rather soon. Have faith, young man."

Walk towards the surrendered Hiltorei mercenary.
"Call me Ishmael. And what is your name?"
Tell her it'd have been nice to meet her under different circumstances.
Motion her to sit down on some rock or crate.
Collect the weapons she dropped,
AND put them in a pile near me.
Sit down next to the Hiltorei,
AND use my charismatic amp to make her answer my questions truthfully and fully:
What was their mission?
Why did their commander abandon them?
How did her fallen comrade teleport around?

Continue with the friendly conversation.
Say I feel sorry for her, as she was abandoned by their commander, and that true brothers-in-arms don't do that.
Use charismatic amp again to ask her whether there are any enemies inside the nacelle.
IF there are any,
ask her (using charismatic amp) whether she wants to help us deal with them - preferably peacefully - to avoid further bloodshed, and not abandon them to be slaughtered, like that asshole commander did to her.

IF she agrees, give her her weapons back.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm
"Trustworthiness is important for all, and those who deceive are bound t' be found out eventually, and dealt with justly. In this case, 'eventually' would be rather soon. Have faith, young man."
"'Have faith?' Yeah, i have faith. I have faith that she's likely to turn on us the second she thinks she can get away with it. Or are you forgetting that not thirty seconds ago she'd have happily blasted your brains out? Like it or not, we're the invaders here, and I'd be amazed if she doesn't hate our guts."

Ye gods, this man is insane!

"As for your question, Saorise, he said they'd be in a sealed, black-and-red box with the old Captain's name on it, if I recall."

F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am
*Ignores bickering between Brom and Buck*
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:55 pm
"Alright, nevermind. It's more than a mess. Frank, I'm going to need those coags sooner rather than later."
"More than a mess?? Agh damn! Try to find cover and land there, I'll be with you in a moment! Stay safe!"
Buck wrote: "Hey, weren't there 5 of us or somethin' when we came here? It's gettin' real hard for me to count when I'm this dry!"
Wait, what??

*checks*

"Last I saw of Miles was when he and Vynkor got under attack. Before my computer broke down..."
"Who's Mil -- ya know what, nevermind, it's not important."
Hema wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am
Hema wrote:

"I've been in plenty of serious fights! You are right though that I don't know what a serious injury is like, as my foes are seldom able to land even a grazing blow.
*sigh* Such is the fate of one as skilled as I. Had I more time, I might take a few of them under my wing.
As for your squid, that's hardly what I would call "near death". Had I have done the job he'd be dead already!
Unfortunately I had other matters to attend to. "
"Not near death!? 'course he is, fella! Yarr sayin' if I done hit 'em now, he'd still be alive? Wanna take a bet?"

Fry the remaining squid (use the MFM max once)
if I fail to kill it
-Disengage from combat with it
if there are no remaining squid fighters left
-Follow Brom to the gravplant, but don't land immediately

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 pm
"As for your question, Saorise, he said they'd be in a sealed, black-and-red box with the old Captain's name on it, if I recall."
"It's pronounced Seersha, and I'll see if I can find something."

So. No PSI pack, no blinky device...
Weird... how did he control those PSI things then?

First off: it at any point our captive makes an attempt to flee, attack or go away ((whether or not becuase of Ishmael)) I try to stasis him (up to four times).

I pick up Spoon again, and use my PDA to scan Blinky, trying to figure out whether he had some implants or so.
Then I get in my ship and fly and land it somewhere closer to the nacelle, and get out again ((see picture))
I run towards Bob, tackle-hug him and say "Bob! You're alive!"
Then, when I notice him being harmed, I gently help him towards Gearhead (but not right where Gearhead wants to land) to get patched up.
Then I walk around the battlefield, checking the boxes for one matching Caleb's description. If I find it, I pick it up and carry it to my CASKET, and attach it to my leftover aux slot or in my cargo pod (depending on whether or not it's magnetic enough to stick).
I also observe the ships standing there for anything interesting. (such as PSI equipment, upgrades or other weapons).
I walk over to the nacelle and look into the hole in the side (use my helmet lamp if it's dark).
If I see enemies there (not counting our captive), I get in the nearest cover (in which case, ignore the actions after this).

Finally, I walk over to where Lemons crashed down.

He might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but he didn't deserve to die so soon... poor guy.
If his exoskeleton is still salvageable, I gently remove it from his body and go dump it in my cargo pod.
Then, I use my grav amp to dig a hole in the ground next to him, push his body into it, use my grav amp to fill it again, and pile some rocks on his grave.
Finally, I play him Hector the Hero on my bagpipes.
(( note to Tal: irish bagpipes are bellow blown, not mouth blown, so no that doesn't involve taking of my helmet, I'm not Francis :ghost:
Also reminder that my bagpipes are on a quickdraw slot, because this is important obviously :D ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

"Oh, by the way, Vynkor. Apparently there were only minor damages to my ship before. Rebooting the computer started a re-routing program that fixed that problem for now."

Shoot the last hostile fighter with the MFM.
Follow Vynkor and land near her landing spot.
Take my stuff and get out of the ship (usual procedures apply)
Hand vynkor a coagulant booster (expecting her to use it right away, honestly)
Load a tranqu bolt in the crossbow and keep at vynkor's CASKET
Idly look around, perhaps there's a restaurant or take-out-place somewhere close by.
If hostile, armed hiltorel appear (less that 3)
-take cover behind vynkor's CASKET and shoot one of them.
-reload with another tranqu and shoot another hostile.
-wait for an opportune moment and get back into my CASKET
If they are vastly outnumbering us
-try to talk them into non-lethal approaches.
-play for time there.
When vynkor is done and there's no superior hiltorel force
Get into my CASKET and fly to brom.
Keep in the air near buck for now.
In case AA is spotted, land ASAP.
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now