Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Brom wrote: Now I know what you're thinking! The plan is rather dull, and simply doesn't hold a candle to my greatness.
It could no doubt use a bit a of polishing before we're ready to move in. So! Questions, comments and suggestions are all welcome!"
Given the results of the other plans before...

"I...am rather inclined to try out a boring and dull plan, lad. Can't ...uh...get them squids get used to...ehm...the greatness of your plans, lest they start coming up with counters!"

Ugh...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

"Squad Beta, excuse my rudeness in interrupting you all in the time of strife. To all those who haven't heard me before - I was sent by SCAMPs to help you with the Hiltorei. Call me Dr. Ishmael. I am coming to help with the enemy at the ridge first. May FSM watch over you today!"
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:22 am
"Well, watch your back, this bualadh craicinn squid keeps teleporting away every minute or so instead of staying here and letting me kick him unconscious. Very rude."
"That's why we call them 'Decievers', esteemed warrior. Fear not, for he may keep trying, but he will not escape our righteous wrath."

((added actions to the action post))
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

"No disagreements with my plan? Glad you all finally see my genius! Now let's move!
Buck and Vynka, you're with me! We'll fly ahead of Frank and take out the poor sap at the bottom of I-4.
Switch targets after he's down; we're going to make them regret ever having crashed my party!
After both targets are eliminated, Vynka and Frank will fly short of the gravplant to work on eachother,
while Buck and I will fly to the gravplant to observe the situation there."

Fly ahead of Frank's current position and fire a shot off at the nearest enemy fighter.
If the fighter at the bottom of J-4 is dead before I've had a chance to fire, target and shoot the second fighter.
As soon as I've fired, go wide and fly circles of around the remaining enemies in an attempt to avoid their shots and distract them.
((For if the fighters are eliminated))
If we manage to eliminate both fighters, fly to the grav plant and observe the enemy combatants.
Breaker of fortune cookies

I fall back behind Brom.
If the southerly fighter's already down:
-Fire upon the northerly fighter
Otherwise:
-Fire upon the southerly fighter
Then, after the enemy has shot, I try to tie the bandage on my arm again.
If both fighters are somehow downed:
-"Frank, get over here and apply the boosters. I'll take care of your ship after."
-I go to a quiet part of the colony somewhere in the southwest of J4 and set down/get out.
-I then submit to Frank's booster application.
-Finally, I work on Frank's ship with my repair pack.
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spin up my minigun
throw some sand next to the ship to distract the enemy
get from behind the ship (at the side opposite to where I threw the sand) an mow down enemy 7 and 5 with my minigun.
get back into cover behind the ship:
- periodically look to see if any enemies are approaching me, if that's the case shoot them with my semi-auto pistol ((max 1))
- if an enemy comes into melee range whack them with my crowbar ((max 1))

Hum a song
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

"If all goes well I might have some time to help you with your wounds, vynkor. It sounds like there were complications?"

Curse the damned computer and the hacking systems
((Like really, +1 on both and constant fails lately ._.))
Fly a bit further to the south and turn around
restart the computer
Run a diagnostics check
Inform the rest of alpha that I'm entering the fight again.
Shoot one of the remaining hostile fighters with the MFM
If the fighters are downed and Vynkor lands
-Follow her and land nearby
-Apply a coagulant booster to her
-give her the relevant results of the diagnostics when she starts the repairs
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

throw up a dustscreen between #3 and saoirse ((prevent #3 from covering blinky from saoirse))
use grav amp to throw #3 on eir ass
microwave #3 for good measure
retreat towards Ishmael's current ((end of previous turn)) position into cover if attacked by #3

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:52 pm
"Yeah, I'll be fine for a bit longer. Just making a damn mess in here."
(("Now! The new "Aderlass" system for your CASKET removes any excess fluid buildup in your cockpit through atmosphere sealed floor vents! Never have spilled coffe puddle around your feet again!"))
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TURN 12

Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Area:

Nacelle:

Squad Alpha:
Brom
Hema wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:35 pm
"No disagreements with my plan? Glad you all finally see my genius! Now let's move!
Buck and Vynka, you're with me! We'll fly ahead of Frank and take out the poor sap at the bottom of I-4.
Switch targets after he's down; we're going to make them regret ever having crashed my party!
After both targets are eliminated, Vynka and Frank will fly short of the gravplant to work on eachother,
while Buck and I will fly to the gravplant to observe the situation there."

Fly ahead of Frank's current position and fire a shot off at the nearest enemy fighter.
If the fighter at the bottom of J-4 is dead before I've had a chance to fire, target and shoot the second fighter.
As soon as I've fired, go wide and fly circles of around the remaining enemies in an attempt to avoid their shots and distract them.
((For if the fighters are eliminated))
If we manage to eliminate both fighters, fly to the grav plant and observe the enemy combatants.
As Vynka attempts to flee south, you fly ahead of Frank and the others with the intention of absorbing fire - which you do. Tremendously well. When boh of the remaining ships focus you, you're able to dodge one of the volleys - but as you bank left, a laser hits your ship. You can't tell that any major damage has been done, though, and bank back around, firing a good, solid shot of your own - and this hits the southernmost enemy right on the turret pod, ripping apart his weapon mount with a spray of shrapnel that glitters in the sun. Somewhat disoriented, they come back around for another pass, splitting off from their ally - you decide to take advantage from this by going wide, flying in circles around them in an attempt to distract them.

This turns out to be an excellent decision: you tank the shots like a pro, and as you bank to the side, one of the hiltorel fighters (the one that can still shoot) dips under you and hits you from beneath. This is bad, because suddenly you're almost passing out due to the G-forces. It seems they hit your gravity stabilizer. You straighten out, just in time to see Frank land a nice, solid shot on the enemy. That's one down... one to go. It's a pity, too - you were hoping you could fly to the grav plant already after this was done.

Vynkor
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:32 pm
I fall back behind Brom.
If the southerly fighter's already down:
-Fire upon the northerly fighter
Otherwise:
-Fire upon the southerly fighter
Then, after the enemy has shot, I try to tie the bandage on my arm again.
If both fighters are somehow downed:
-"Frank, get over here and apply the boosters. I'll take care of your ship after."
-I go to a quiet part of the colony somewhere in the southwest of J4 and set down/get out.
-I then submit to Frank's booster application.
-Finally, I work on Frank's ship with my repair pack.
You fall back behind Broom, letting Broom tank the fire. After Broom's out there, tanking (which he does tremendously well - his CASKET is smoking in under 20 seconds), you fire a good slug at the nearest enemy. Unfortunately... due to the enemy being so close, you aren't able to line up your aim quite properly, and this results in a miss.

You decide you've done enough for now, though, and start working on bandaging your arm again... and this time is mildly better. You get the bandage to hold tight to your arm, but you can't stop the bleeding. Your suit being in the way is somewhat hampering things, for one, and for another, the bandages just aren't soaking up all the blood. This is very, very worrying. There's blood all over your suit, your hands, your lap and the controls now - blood is smeared in so many places (and still dripping) that it's honestly a bit terrifying... and things are starting to grow dark. You feel lightheaded, and hot - you're sweating profusely and your head aches. Moving is becoming a bit of a chore, and your heart is beating like a drum.

Thanks to your medical training, you know you don't have much time left. You remember all those warning labels on medicines about not operating heavy machinery and your mind wanders as you wonder whether a CASKET qualifies, and whether you should let someone else fly. Then you wonder if there's a back seat, and if it's comfortable. Then you imagine a stretch limo CASKET.

Frank
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:32 am
"If all goes well I might have some time to help you with your wounds, vynkor. It sounds like there were complications?"

Curse the damned computer and the hacking systems
((Like really, +1 on both and constant fails lately ._.))
Fly a bit further to the south and turn around
restart the computer
Run a diagnostics check
Inform the rest of alpha that I'm entering the fight again.
Shoot one of the remaining hostile fighters with the MFM
If the fighters are downed and Vynkor lands
-Follow her and land nearby
-Apply a coagulant booster to her
-give her the relevant results of the diagnostics when she starts the repairs
You curse at the computer. And the hacking systems. You curse at all of it. Really, you asked them to upgrade both back on the Nemesis, and they're still failing constantly? That's just retarded. How are you supposed to get anything done? You fly a bit farther to the south, trying to retreat far enough to put some distance between you and the enemies, and restart your computer.

This seems to solve literally all your problems. The CasketOS logo pops up (a coffin with a computer screen attached) and all your systems reboot, looking just fine and dandy. An error message reports a segfault during the last hacking attempt. You grind your teeth a bit and run a systems diagnostics scan, punching in everything you can think of. Full scan with workarounds for anything that might take unnecessary time - and it's a total success. The full diagnostics for your CASKET almost immediately scroll into view, handily sorted by spoilers and folders, with the damage at the top. You robotic arm is screwed up, but you knew that. Someone installed a battery in the back a little weakly, but that's just causing a 0.07% increase in power consumption. One of your engines is out - apparently the electrical line is damaged. That should be very easily fixed. In fact, a message pops up in that text slot with an update: ENGINE REPAIRED: WORKAROUND SUCCESSFUL. You hear the hum of your fourth engine as it comes back online.

You feel pleased. Not only that, but it discovered a few bugs in your system (possibly from the reverse/failed hack, possibly not) and it fixed those as well. Your CASKET is in pretty good condition now.

So this gives you ample opportunity to look back at the battle currently at hand. Brom is under heavy fire and looks to be in bad shape, while Vynkor has retreated to the south. They haven't managed to shoot down any of the fighters, either. You target one of them - the one that it looks like someone hit (it's trailing a thin line of smoke) - and focus it with your MFM, hoping that this time, something will actually go in your favor - and then you hit that big red button.

With a loud POP that you can actually hear through the thin air outside and the canopy, a burst of sparks and smoke erupts from the engines of the nearby fighter, and it begins to glide downwards toward the ground in the east. Not actually a kill, technically, but it's as good as being out of combat. Maybe things are starting to turn around for you... but you were rather hoping the four of you could take on two enemies and have it done with already. ...still, not half bad, and with only one left, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Buck
You fly ahead of Frank, with Brom at your side. This feels like a particularly dumb idea to you, just like all the others did. You really want that squad lead for yourself. You'd do a better job, you just know it. For now, though, Brom is leading... honorary title or not... so you'll just play along. Brom wants you to fly ahead of Frank to TANK SHOTS (because jeez, that worked so well last time didn't it?) and attack... and if the enemies are downed, you'll fly back to the gravplant. Seems simple enough, right?

Not so simple. As soon as you're ahead of Frank and Vynkor, the enemy fighters target you and Brom specifically, showering you with a stunning array of lasers and plasma bolts. You duck and weave, flying between them, and ready your microwave field manipulator... barely in time to hit the big red button before they go rushing past. Unfortunately, you miscalculate, and your definite kill turns into what's probably a mild burn. You're sure it'll at least tickle... not that that's what you needed right now or anything, but it's better than nothing - or you like to think that way, anyway.

Meanwhile, Brom and Frank manage to take down a craft of their own, so things aren't as bad as they could be - and you didn't get hit, either! Brom actually seemed to absorb more damage than anyone else, so perhaps his plan to tank didn't go so poorly after all... and maybe he'll listen to you more often in the future, too.

...yeah, small chance of that happening, you realize, unless you can somehow deflate his ego by a few orders of magnitude.

Squad Beta:
((Leadership bonus: Ishmael grants +1 to all non-defense rolls for himself, Saoirse, and Gearhead.))
Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 pm
Alright, enough fukcing panicking. We might just pull this off! Well, as long as I pull my weight. Time to show these tentacled bastards how we did things back on Dashta!

...however, I'd also like to avoid dying. There's no way I can leave this cover without getting shot yet again. I decide to try and do something from here anyway- otherwise i'm pretty much useless. We've got a nacelle to take back.

"Thanks, Bob, you saved my ass there!"

Leaning out of cover, I fire my plasma rifle at Enemy #6 a maximum of three times, ducking back into cover and staying there if I get shot at in return.
"Thanks Bob!" you say over the comms, leaning out to fire a few more shots. "You saved my ass out there!"

A laser cuts across the terrain in a swerve, and you duck back into cover for a moment, then let out a few more shots at #6. Amazingly, it coincides exactly with the squid poking his head back out of cover, and you get him in the face. He falls back out of view, but you fire a couple more times... just to be sure that you got it.

Yet another barrage of plasma strikes the ground next to you, so you duck back into cover while your plasma rifle's generator recharges its battery. You hear the sound of a ship's engines start, and look around the edge of the rock just in time to see it lift off. Your comms make a garbled noise, and then cut in sharply with a voice that speaks with a very strong accent. "Humans! I have completed my goals here, so I'll now withdraw. These mercenaries are pathetic, so kill them as you will. I'll meet you again, and next time, you'll know the true strength of Commander Lysoda."

A few moments later, you hear someone shouting: "I surrender!" A lone figure, hands in the air, steps out from behind the AA turret, dropping her weapons to the ground. "Please don't shoot!"

Anyway, now that your immediate danger is out of the way, you're really starting to remember how much all of this shit hurts - all your little cuts and burns. It's not pleasant. You weren't taught to handle pain very well, either - they didn't teach that in the Dashta military.

((yay for surviving!))

Saoirse
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:19 am
Ooh that was fun I should do that again! :D
Ah, but maybe not now. Too bad.

I try to remember if I know Hiltorelesianish or whatever.
"Well, if we're gonna do weird talking... Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú!" (( * ))
I keep a close eye on him, waiting for him to make the first move, keeping Spoon ready to parry.
If they give the impression they're gonna blink away or attack me:
If they start to attack, I first parry.
I sweep the end of my staff through the dust to throw sand in their eyes,
follow up with two quick hits holding Spoon in the middle,
try to knock away the blade
and finish with an end-forward thrust in the stomach area. Actually, do Hiltorel have stomaches there? Hmm.
If I notice them attacking during this, I pause my attacks for a sec to parry.
If they blinks away and I don't see where to, quickly spin around to check they didn't blink behind me.

If at this point Mr Blinky is knocked out or dead,
I drag them behind cover with me, steal the teleport thingy and try to figure out how to use it.
If I do, I equip it, otherwise I sigh sadly and put it in my backpack.
I steal his other weapons, put them in my backpack as well.
If he's not dead, I make sure Blinky has air and stuff (use the airshield I have if needed) and dump him in my cargo pod.

If Blinky cowardly blinks away at some point, I get into cover, make sure he isn't ambushing me,
and use my remaining attacks on 2 stasises + 2 zaps (or less - make sure I do 4 attacks, no more)

(( * may the devil take you ))
You try to understand whatever the enemy is saying, but unfortunately, unlike in the in-cryo combat simulation, the knowledge doesn't enter your mind. That's disappointing... but... "If we're gonna do weird talking... Go mbeire an diabhal lei thú!" you shout, trash-talking him in return.

The two of you circle each other - the dust whirls about, just starting to settle. Both of you are waiting for the other to make the first move, poised and ready to counterattack. The alien's corrupted lips twist upwards in something like a cross between a snarl and a smirk - and he strikes: a whirlwind of spinning blades. You jump to the side, parry, and sweep back for a counterattack, but he's ready with another flurry of strikes, leaping and spinning through the air under the half-gravity of his belt. His skill is impressive; only your intuition and PSI-assisted staff keep you from getting sliced to pieces by his attacks.

He leaps at you again, but you rapidly spin your staff, hitting the butt of it against the ground, carefully angled towards him. This kinetic-boosted strike throws up a huge flurry of sand, dust, and fragmented rocks at his face - but he dodges, sweeping around the edge and lunging. His mistake. You're ready with a parry and a spin-strike with the kinetic battlestaff - and he can't dodge. Just before it hits, though, he disappears completely, blinking out of your line of sight.

He's gone.

"Mac an diabhal," you whisper, spinning around to make sure he's not behind you. When you see that he isn't, you move toward the nearest boulders and pressing your back against it, rapidly scanning the surrounding area for any sign of him.

Your comms make a garbled noise, and then cut in sharply with a voice that speaks with a very strong accent. "Humans! I have completed my goals here, so I'll now withdraw. These mercenaries are pathetic, so kill them as you will. I'll meet you again, and next time, you'll know the true strength of Commander Lysoda." The end of this short speech is punctuated with the sound of a ship taking off, and you look up in time to see the thrusters plumes of one of the ships previously near the nacelle, as it rockets to space.

While you're distracted, Blinksquid appears - leaping from the shadows near Gearhead's CASKET and rushing towards you in a flurry of dust, blade drawn and ready. Dropping the staff, you flick your hand outwards and toss a shield globe with your stasis amp, but it misses - and he draws closer. You toss another, just as Ishmael rushes past you, Quantum lash at the ready - and this one catches him, just as Ishmael lashes the swingblade from his hands; it bounces, clattering over the rocky soil.

The blinksquid snarls again - this time less mirthfully, but you're already zapping him with electricity. It arcs, curling, from your palms and the tips of your fingers, scorching the sand in frost-like patterns as blinksquid's flesh cooks and ruptures - as Ishmael crushes him to the ground with an incredible amount of force.

You stop short. "Ishmael, enough!" you say, walking past the rotund priest to check on the blinksquid. Unfortunately, there's no question as to his status: as soon as you release the stasis field, his lifeless body collapses to the ground in a puddle of milky blue blood. It's a pity. You had been hoping to spare him, but in the heat of the moment, you suppose things got a little out of control.

Regardless, you need his stuff. Grabbing him by one of his (somewhat cooked) hands, you drag his body into cover and start looking for whatever was letting him blink, as Ishmael follows and watches intently. You dig through the pouches at his waist, and remove his gravity belt, looking that over. While the form and style is different, it looks functionally identical to the one you pulled off one of the colony's pilots. There's some spare generator clips and heat sinks in his belt, and something that looks kind of like a grenade. He doesn't appear to have a PSI unit of his own, which you find odd... but you can't actually figure out what he was using to teleport.

Removing your backpack, you retrieve his swingblade, and then his plasma rifle from his corpse, and a few other small odds and ends. You put all of it into your backpack and zip it up (except the swingblade, which you put back into its holster and strap to the side of your backpack, because it won't fit inside). Your gloves are now thoroughly smeared with blue hiltorel blood at this point.

Then, muffled, from somewhere in the distance, you hear someone shouting - in plain Standard, with a slight accent: "I surrender! I will attack you no longer!"

Ishmael
outlander wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 am
Praise the FSM, the shot came true. It is truly happiness to serve Him and be guided by Him!

I can not see anything beyond this dust! As it was said in The Book of Fearsome Pirate Pete, 'Oi be sayin' we wait and see if it goes away'. But, I saw my allies there, and I saw our enemies, and I shall do what The Book of Disco says: 'Help thy fellow miget in times of peril, as they will help you in your time of need'!

Run through the dust screen towards where I last saw my squad-mates,
BUT stay in cover
AND evade incoming fire if necessary.
Move all the way to the end of the ridge that serves as a cover for our CASKETs.

IF the squid Saoirse is fighting is still there,
Use my lash to yank his weapon out of his hands,
Use my gravity amp to push him to the ground with some highly localised gees,
AND use charismatic amp to tell him to surrender to the FSM's tender mercy.

IF the enemy is subdued or not there,
Use my electricity amp to repeat the AA turret-into-your-face trick on Squid #5.
You move through the dust screen, out into the open. A few plasma shots hit the ground near you, so you keep moving - past Gearhead, who suddenly gets yanked out of sight by a PSI field. You continue moving forward - moving between one rock and the next - until you finally reach the corner of the rock where Saoirse last stood. You can't see a thing because of the dust screen Gearhead tossed up only moments before.

Your comms make a garbled noise, and then cut in sharply with a voice that speaks with a very strong accent. "Humans! I have completed my goals here, so I'll now withdraw. These mercenaries are pathetic, so kill them as you will. I'll meet you again, and next time, you'll know the true strength of Commander Lysoda." The end of this short speech is punctuated with the sound of a ship taking off, and you look up in time to see the thrusters plumes of one of the ships previously near the nacelle, as it rockets to space.

Just as this happens, you hear a noise near you and turn the corner to see a hiltorel rushing towards your new teammate - blade drawn. Without wasting any time, you rush forwards past Saoirse, whipping out your lash. It hisses as it cuts through the thin air, and upon hitting the drawn hiltorel blade, coils itself tightly around it: you pull back sharply and rip it from the alien's hand just as Saoirse casts a stasis bubble around him. Immediately after, you raise your hand, calling upon the power of the FSM as you smite your foe with a triple-gravity field, crushing his weak spaghetti body firmly to the ground (while Saoirse also strikes, zapping him with electricity). The results are instant: the squid is reduced to a pile of milky-blue blood, goo, and cooked flesh.

"Ishmael, enough!" Saoirse says, stepping past you and dropping the stasis field. You relent, and the crumpled, lifeless body thuds to the ground with a soft squish. Saoirse takes him by the arms and drags him into cover, and you follow, watching as she loots his corpse. She seems to be searching for something - but as to what that might be, you can't quite discern.

At that moment, you think you hear someone shouting that they surrender - but it sounds pretty distant. Is it one of the squids, perhaps?

Bob
Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:44 am
Spin up my minigun
throw some sand next to the ship to distract the enemy
get from behind the ship (at the side opposite to where I threw the sand) an mow down enemy 7 and 5 with my minigun.
get back into cover behind the ship:
- periodically look to see if any enemies are approaching me, if that's the case shoot them with my semi-auto pistol ((max 1))
- if an enemy comes into melee range whack them with my crowbar ((max 1))

Hum a song
You spin up your minigun, but then get the idea to toss some sand to distract the enemy. Putting your minigun down for a moment, you scoop up some of the sand at your feet and toss it away from the ship to try to distract the now-free commander - but this goes south quickly. You reach out a little too far as you toss the sand, just as the commander starts firing a rapid barrage of shots in your direction. Whatever weapon she's wielding is capable of spewing out an incredible amount of shots at once. One of them, naturally, hits your hand.

Letting out a loud wail of agony, you yank your hand back, grasping it at the wrist. The top of your suit's glove is peeled back - as is your skin. You see bone. It's pretty grotesque. This frightens you. You duck back behind cover, grasping your wrist tightly in pain as you watch your hand, dripping blood.

"Get your shit together," someone says.

It's Jimmy. You look at him. He doesn't seem to understand. "My hand, Jimmy," you whimper. "They got my hand."

"And they'll get the rest of you too, stupid, if you don't get back out there."

You swallow and nod. "I know, Jimmy. These bad aliens need to stop... stop hurting people."

"So get out there. Stop them! You brought that minigun along for a reason, so fukcing use it!"

Your hand still dripping with blood, flesh splayed, you grip the handles of your minigun, grimacing and gritting your teeth through the pain as you take dogged steps toward the other side of the vehicle. As soon as you get there, you step out, minigun whirring, spitting out a hail of bullets that sweep across the terrain, wrecking the AA turret that one of the squids is hiding behind.

Your comms make a garbled noise, and then cut in sharply with a voice that speaks with a very strong accent. "Humans! I have completed my goals here, so I'll now withdraw. These mercenaries are pathetic, so kill them as you will. I'll meet you again, and next time, you'll know the true strength of Commander Lysoda."

At this, the ship the commander was hiding behind takes off, rising into the air in a cloud of dust. You focus on it and fire at the cockpit, and your bullets punch holes through the window - surely at least wounding her - but the ship continues to rise until it's free of the surrounding area. It jets away, leaving a near-silence in its wake.

It's quiet...but only for a moment.

Through the thin Nanyejian air, you hear someone (without nearly as much of an accent) shouting: "I surrender! I will attack you no longer!" From behind the AA turret you just destroyed walks ("walks"?) one of the hiltorel mercenaries, with all four of her arms up in the air. She drops her weapons at her feet, then pulls a couple more small ones from belt holsters and quickly drops these as well. She walks to the edge of her ridge, facing toward you. "I surrender!" she shouts again. "Please don't shoot!"

Gearhead
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:40 am
throw up a dustscreen between #3 and saoirse ((prevent #3 from covering blinky from saoirse))
use grav amp to throw #3 on eir ass
microwave #3 for good measure
retreat towards Ishmael's current ((end of previous turn)) position into cover if attacked by #3

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:52 pm
"Yeah, I'll be fine for a bit longer. Just making a damn mess in here."
(("Now! The new "Aderlass" system for your CASKET removes any excess fluid buildup in your cockpit through atmosphere sealed floor vents! Never have spilled coffe puddle around your feet again!"))
You toss up a dust screen for Saoirse to hamper anyone shooting at her, and then get ready to focus your attention on the squid that just crossed the ravine below. At this point, you realize you probably did things in the wrong order, because the squid isn't interested in Saoirse at all: it's interestd in you.

The ground shifts beneath your feet, and suddenly your sense of gravity is completely thrown for a loop, as you fall into open space toward the sky - sideways, and at an angle. For a moment, you feel completely weightless - but this soon stops as you hit the ground, sliding and scraping across the sand and loose pebbles. You try to get a good feel for where you've landed, seeing as you're out of the gravity field, and soon realize that you're at the top of the slope, just above Squid #3 - the one that undoubtedly pulled you over here. He has a plasma rifle at the ready, and begins firing at you.

In haste, you toss a grav field at his feet, launching him into the sky as his barrage hits the terrain about you. By some stroke of fate, he misses one shot after the next, barely grazing your head - and you hit him with a microwave field as hard as you can, just as he reaches the top of his trajectory.

He bursts - and quite messily - from your sudden application. Boiling blue-white goo-blood spatters around you as what's left of him falls into a messy heap partway up the slope, tumbling down in a bloody, gory mess.

Your comms make a garbled noise, and then cut in sharply with a voice that speaks with a very strong accent. "Humans! I have completed my goals here, so I'll now withdraw. These mercenaries are pathetic, so kill them as you will. I'll meet you again, and next time, you'll know the true strength of Commander Lysoda."

You remember to breathe again, and get to your feet, dusting out the cracks in your machinery as you get back into cover. As you do, you see a hiltorel soldier across the ravine raise their arms and come forwards, shouting that they surrender. It seems you've managed to survive after all... although the cut on your chest is still pretty painful.

((I feel weird about the explodo-squid, but epic five, so, congrats on making it rain squidblood))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

As the adrenaline slowly wears off, it quickly becomes apparent just how bashed up I am. I fukcing hurt. Miss "I Was Trying to Murder You Two Seconds Ago But All My Friends Left So Please Don't Shoot" can wait for a moment.

I inject myself with painkillers to get myself back in fighting shape.

Now, for the prisoner. I was going to zap one of the tentacled bastards, but if she wants to offer herself up on a silver platter, who am I to refuse? Still, she's going to be a pain in the ass...wait a minute! Gearhead should still have some duct tape in his repair kit. I silently give thanks to the FSM for gracing Lemons with such massive dickishness as to trip the poor guy before he used all the tape before pushing the thoughts of my dead teammate from my mind. No need to get worked up, now.

I grab my electrorifle and yell at the surrendering alien.

"Don't move a muscle! Stay right where you are and obey all our commands, or I'll shoot!"

I aim the electrorifle at the alien. If she disobeys any of our orders or attempts to reach for a weapon, I fire at her with it until she is stunned.

If Ishmael tries to give her her weapons, I yell at her, "Don't take those! I'll shoot!"

If she attempts to grab the weapons, I zap her anyway.

I call out over comms. "Gearhead, if you could use your tape to restrain the prisoner over here, that'd be great!"

"Also, I do have something to tell you guys...we've got an additional objective, straight from the captain. Apparently, some dumbass left our sealed orders in the nacelle, and we're to get them back. So, uh...look for anything that looks like documents."
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Online Now