Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hema wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 am
Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm

"Lemons! When did you switch places with Buck!?
Now is not the time for such foolish plans. We are here to retrieve the "magic fuel" not vaporize it!"
Angrily shuts off the bomb and says:

"God damn it, partner, why do ya always have to undermine my plans? The plan ain't foolish, it's smart, and we both know it! What's your plan, that we stroll to the door, knock and ask for the magic fuel?"
"Think Buck, think! We need that stellaplex to live! We're not going to be digging it out of the rubble after you nuke it because it will no longer exist!
That might look bad on my record, so I'd prefer it if you not use that bomb right now.
As for my plan, I say we go up to the plant on foot to greet my adoring fans. Now it may take some convincing, but they should allow you guys through since you're with me. After they eagerly let us in, you can blow everyone inside to tiny bits with your grav gun. People will be talking about the resulting mess for years to come! After everything's splattered, we can grab the stellaplex and leave.

Also at some point, I'd like for Frank or Vynka to take a look at my railgun. It seems it's managed to jam itself.
Just what I'd expect from a cheap fighter, you never can trust them to work correctly. "
Rubs chin

"Yea... suppose I could just kill 'em all with my gravgun and just save the bomb for somethin' better... But that ain't mean my plan was foolish or nothin'! Just means, if I weren't so dang good at fightin' on ground like I am, nukin' the place would still definitely have been the best option. Can't say I'm too happy 'bout havin' to get so close to them damn things, though. They kind o' creep me out, with those tentacles and hypnotyzin' eyes of theirs."

"Hey guys, I'm gonna check out the inside of the nacelle, okay?"

(( actions scrapped for now because apparently Tal thinks "proceed extremely carefully and stop at the first sign of enemies" is the same thing as "charge in alone" and not "being cautious" :P ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

I look nervously towards Saoirse and the nacelle. "Uh, Saoirse, maybe you should wait for backup first?" Goddammit. Can't anything go smoothly?!

I want to go help her, but we need this Aloka girl as a prisoner. She's the only good...loot, for lack of a better term, that we've gotten so far. Besides, more brownie points with the boss should help a bit. If there's anything I learned in my time in the military, it's that sucking up to your commanders is rarely a bad thing to do!
outlander wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:18 pm
"Caleb, esteemed soldier, and Bob-boss, Hiltorei left plenty of toys lying around. Why don't you collect them? But don't forget to share with Uncle Ishmael. For, as the commandment goes, 'Love thy neighbor as thyself, and share pasta and rum drinks galore, for in the eyes of His Noodlitude, we are all One ', OK? "
"Sorry, Doc, I want to make sure the prisoner here doesn't get away."

I turn to yell at Gearhead, keeping my electrorifle pointed squarely at Aloka. "Hey, Gearhead, could you give us a hand securing the prisoner here? Also, think you can use your blowtorch to melt any of her weapons we can't take with?"

I turn back to the prisoner. "Sorry, but I just don't trust you not to shoot me in the back at the first opportunity- a suspicion you helpfully corroborated." I grin slightly in amusement at the tail end of my statement.

I do feel a bit of sympathy for her- I wouldn't much like being in her position either- but she and her friends have already killed at least two of us. Besides, she probably wouldn't bat an eye at shooting me with something far nastier than an electrorifle if our roles were reversed.

If Aloka makes an attempt to escape, attack a member of Beta Squad, or grab her weapons, I fire my electrorifle at her, attempting to stun her.
If we manage to restrain her, I check the nearest alien ship for loot.
Through all this, I fire a maximum of three times.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:36 pm
"Yea... suppose I could just kill 'em all with my gravgun and just save the bomb for somethin' better... But that ain't mean my plan was foolish or nothin'! Just means, if I weren't so dang good at fightin' on ground like I am, nukin' the place would still definitely have been the best option. Can't say I'm too happy 'bout havin' to get so close to them damn things, though. They kind o' creep me out, with those tentacles and hypnotyzin' eyes of theirs."
"Oh we'll find a use for your bomb, don't you worry. I've got a feeling that our slimy little friends will enjoy a nice fireworks display.
We'll find something vital to drop it on to distract them as we make our way back to the Nemesis.

Now, for plans! We finally get to ditch our CASKETS and have some real fun!
I hope you're all as excited as I am about this!
Frank and Buck will stay airborne to provide cover for the rest of us while we set up on the ground.
Vynka, Gene and myself will land in the middle of the grav plant and take cover behind our CASKETs in case the squids are lying in ambush.
After we deal with anyone coming out to greet us (assuming they do), I will give the signal for Frank and buck to land.
Once we're all together, we will proceed through the right door.

In the interest of keeping you all safe, the order in which we we make our approach has already been decided. With my armor and shield, I will be at the front,
Directly behind me will Gene, followed by Buck, then Frank, then Vynka. Buck will have to rely on his plasma baton until we can get inside. Buck, you are encouraged to fire your grav gun if we encounter any long hallways. Just, warn us first.
Gene, until we get inside, I want you using your shotgun. I think I overheard that they wanted the interior of the plant painted blue, so make it happen!"
Last edited by Hema on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:02 am
"I'd complain about landing right in the center of the courtyard with no cover but our disturbingly thin-walled CASKETs, but honestly flanking didn't go very well either."
"Just be sure to tether yourself to your ship until Frank and Buck land. We don't want you floating off if the squids have psi weapons."

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:07 pm
I look nervously towards Saoirse and the nacelle. "Uh, Saoirse, maybe you should wait for backup first?"
"Hm, why? Wouldn't they keep their actual fighters outside where they can actually fight us?"

(( Tal seems to think "go in very carefully and stop at the first sign of enemies" is the same thing as "charge in alone and be uncautious" so I'm leaving her open for convincing :ghost: ))

Brom wrote: *Planning in progress*
"I am concerned about our ships though...and I'd be surprised if there weren't some kind of electrical surveillance equipment in there...Say, buck, lad? You want to try a hack on that thing? Better to get some intel before going anywhere, no?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:50 am
"Hm, why? Wouldn't they keep their actual fighters outside where they can actually fight us?"
"Those guys were just the external defense. There's probably both guards and guys inside looting the thing. Plus, it's a close-quarters fight in there. You won't know where the enemy is until they start trying to kill you. Best to wait for backup first, I think."

cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 am
"Those guys were just the external defense. There's probably both guards and guys inside looting the thing. Plus, it's a close-quarters fight in there. You won't know where the enemy is until they start trying to kill you. Best to wait for backup first, I think."
"Why would command Pagoda run if she had back-up inside?
But okay, if it makes you feel better I'll wait for you guys."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 am
"I am concerned about our ships though...and I'd be surprised if there weren't some kind of electrical surveillance equipment in there...Say, buck, lad? You want to try a hack on that thing? Better to get some intel before going anywhere, no?"
"Of course they'd have surveillance equipment! They wouldn't miss seeing me for the world!"

Land on the right ship marker and get out on the left side of my CASKET.
Immediately upon stepping out, tether myself to my CASKET and raise my shield to cover myself from the left while positioning myself behind my CASKET to use it as cover from threats on the right.
If any potential threats make their way past our air support, fire off a shot at them from my pistol and reload.

After Vynkor and Gene have landed, signal Frank and Buck to land nearby.
"We're in position now! You can come on down, but be ready to shoot any enemies that may come out of hiding.
Don't underestimate them; they're craftier than my usual admirers."
Pull out my stellaplex harness and look it over while waiting for everyone to land.

When everyone has landed, inform them that we are going to head inside.
"We're finally going to make our big entrance, so look alive! I've explained the order in which we'll enter the building, so please stick to it. I don't want anymore casualties. Under no circumstances are you to sacrifice yourself for me should we come under fire; I can handle myself.
Buck, I expect you to wait until we have a long corridor to fire your grav gun. Use it right and they'll be cleaning up the resulting mess for the next several weeks! Use it when we step in the door and you won't have the chance to use your bomb.
Lastly I want you all to keep your eyes peeled for traps. I can't name a single fan that wouldn't like to have me live with them, Some will offer me a place to stay, others will be a bit more forceful; I expect these are the latter kind.
With all that out of the way; onward! Glory awaits us!"

((This paragraph contains actions for enemy encounters from this point forward. I want to be clear that I am limiting my shots to four this turn.))
If I encounter enemy resistance at any time after my larger speech, call out to them.
"I am Brom Keegan! The legendary assassin of Ermhelm! I am not here today to kill anyone, merely to save a large number of people back on my ship. If you throw down your weapons now, you will be spared! I'll even allow you to join me if you so choose."
After my short speech, wait a moment for possible enemy surrender, and then target and shoot at the nearest hostile enemy twice, and the second nearest once. I should fire no more than three times. After those three shots are used up, reload.

((Actions for leading the squad into the plant.))
Pack up my harness so I can take it with me.
Untether myself from my ship and run to the front of the squad to lead them inside. ((Please note that I want to keep my shield up while doing all of this.))
Cautiously enter the interior of the building, keeping an eye out for traps, enemies, or other items that might be of use to the squad.
Once inside, get into cover.
Last edited by Hema on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hack into the building's comms/internal loudspeaker unit, if any
-if I succeed, broadcast the following voice message: "Y'know, y'all dun have to die here, defendin' some shitty buildin' you dun care 'bout. We ain't go no quarrel with ya. Just lay down them weapons o' yers and come out. And don't ya dare look any of us in the eyes, I know yer tricks!"
- To my squad: "Hey, fellers, if any unarmed squids come out, don't shoot 'em! Me and 'em have a deal."
Wait for Brom to give me the signal to land
if I see a hostile, armed squid on the ground while I'm still flying in my ship
-Fry it(max once)
if there are no hostiles outside
- Land, get out of my CASKET with my baton and gravgun.
- if a squid comes out of the building
-- Hide behind my CASKET. Do not look the squid in the eyes under ANY circumstances.
- Once the rest of my squad start going inside, follow them
- if a squid gets too close to me at any point (whether armed or unarmed), start swinging my baton at it's head (but do not look at it while doing so)
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

He's not answering, hm? Well...Better get to it myself then...at least he disabled the nuke. I'm not sure if he understood the reason though...

Hack into the complex's camera-systems so I can see their picture ((those surely exist))
Transfer the feed to my PDA for later when we get on the ground.
Keep an eye on the entrances.
If armed Hiltorel appear out of one entrance.
-Project a wide-spread MFM-field around them(About a square with the width of the wall where the entrance is located, if possible)
((I guess incapaciting a hiltorel needs less energy than destroying a ship, so same energy over a higher area here.))

When Brom gives the OK for landing
-Land just south of the other ships, without squishing someone beneath
Grab my gear and get out of the CASKET, make sure to be tethered on.
Replace the tranqu bolt with a sharp one ((Tranquing people would be preferable...but then I'd hit them, they'd run on and get shot anyway...so meh))

If hostile, armed hiltorel appear
-get in cover
-shoot the closest, still active hostile
-reload a sharp bolt
-shoot a maximum of two times

When we're going to enter the building
-take the Stellaplex harness with me
-Keep in Brom's suggested formation ((second to last))
-Leave enough space for the team to maneuver though
-leave the harness when combat happens, take it again when it's over
-Inside the building, connect the tether to something easily reachable for later

Keep an eye on the camera feed when not in combat
Warn everyone about hostile movements.
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hema wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 am
Frank and Buck will stay airborne to provide cover for the rest of us while we set up on the ground.
Vynka, Gene and myself will land in the middle of the grav plant and take cover behind our CASKETs in case the squids are lying in ambush.
After we deal with anyone coming out to greet us (assuming they do), I will give the signal for Frank and buck to land.
Once we're all together, we will proceed through the right door.

In the interest of keeping you all safe, the order in which we we make our approach has already been decided. With my armor and shield, I will be at the front,
Directly behind me will Gene, followed by Buck, then Frank, then Vynka. Buck will have to rely on his plasma baton until we can get inside. Buck, you are encouraged to fire your grav gun if we encounter any long hallways. Just, warn us first.
Gene, until we get inside, I want you using your shotgun. I think I overheard that they wanted the interior of the plant painted blue, so make it happen!"
"Acknowledged, Mr. Keegan. Godspeed. Over and out."

Land just next to Brom's CASKET,
Get my gear and get out of the ship,
and ensure that my tether to the ship is good.
If hostiles appear:
Use the CASKET as cover,
then shoot the hostiles,
but fire a maximum of two shots.
When we enter the complex:
Reload the gauss shotgun,
and enter into formation (right behind Brom).

Online Now