Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

PDA still in hand, I start zapping the 2 trapped Hiltorel with electricity originating from some circuit near them. Trying to knock them out, not kill them...
After all, they're only doing what they think is right, and after all I've heard the Hiltorel say, I'm not so sure they're wrong either...
Then I do the same with any other enemies I can see from where I am. (not going over my limit of 4 attacks).
When Bob arrives with the harness, I thank him and take it with me if I can do so stealthily (otherwise I leave it be for now)
If after attacking all enemies I can see are taken out, I move forward toward the central area, going from cover to cover and trying to stay hidden. There, I again check the situation with my PDA's infrared view if it's too dark to see properly.
If I also have attacks remaining:
-If I can see the giant drakedog (and it's alive, of course) I throw the largest lightning bolt I can muster in its face (repeat until it's dead or my 4 attacks are used)
-Otherwise or after, zap other enemies if any with electricity from nearby circuits, (not going over 4 attacks, trying not to kill Hiltorel etc)
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:45 am
"The stellaplex? You know, the magic gravity juice which you came here to steal in the first place?
...you guys have started extracting it from the reactor by now, right?"
"Oh, the magic fuel, yeah! We're gettin' it - it'll be done in a minute or two."

For a second, get a nagging feeling that there's something important that we've forgotten, then sort of remember:

"The computer told us we'll be usin' some kind o' tool to get the magic fuel, but I think none of us brought it here. Maybe someone should check at our ships? The thing's called a gravity harass, or some shit like that."

"Great! So, Alpha has harnesses mounted under the back of their ships and they forgot to bring one inside. Can you bring one along before you come inside here? You should be able to find one under one of their ships.
Thanks!
Oh, and by the way, alpha has made the city so everything floats, so be careful you don't get stuck somewhere."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Crippling terror, savage bloodlust, overwhelming pain.

The tiny voice in the back of his head begging for Frank to stop this, to run away, to give up and surrender being drowned out by the primal screams of rage and pain emanating from his mouth.

Hands grabbing for a sword that isn't there anymore...

Pain, terror. Broken ribs, broken skin, his own blood, like little red pearly, floating past his faceplate.

And past the blood, the turret. Its glistening lens swiveling around to face him, to inflict further pain, release further blood.

A further chance to slip back into indecisiveness and inaction.

A further threat, a target to his rage, another way to keep from slipping back into the fear.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

I push off of my rock, hard, towards the north wall of the connecting corridor. Need to break line of sight.
I then quickly bounce south, inside the central room.
I shoot squid 1 as I move.
I jump from the consoles at the southern wall towards the ceiling.
If I killed squid 1 in the first shot OR squid 1 is out of my line of sight:
-I shoot at the dragon.
Else:
-I shoot at squid 1.
I jump off the ceiling and land in the same cover Gene and Brom are in.
If a conscious teammate is still in that cover:
-
"Yo."
Near the floor, I fire on the dragon.
If the dragon is coming my way:
-I retreat into cover.
I should fire exactly thrice.

((Visual aid:))
Spoiler:      SHOW

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 am
"Great! So, Alpha has harnesses mounted under the back of their ships and they forgot to bring one inside. Can you bring one along before you come inside here? You should be able to find one under one of their ships.
Thanks!
Oh, and by the way, alpha has made the city so everything floats, so be careful you don't get stuck somewhere."
Bob will get harness!
Why everything float? Did alpha forget to close tap?

Carefully land my ship near where squad alpha has landed their ships, when flying to that location, try to stay as far away from enemies as is possible and try to stay behind cover.
Should an enemy come too close and if he looks like he wants to fight me, shoot at them with my mounted laser (1 shot), if they follow me, shoot at them with my turreted particle gun (1 shot)
Once landed, make my way to one of Alpha's CASKETs and take one of the harnesses mounted under the ship ((waste some time by making him look for a real medieval harness before realising what I'm actually looking for))

Enter the building and give Saoirse her harness
Take cover and start spinning up my minigun
Sweep my minigun to hit enemies 4, 2 and 6 ((if all of these should be down by the time I get there, just focus all fire on enemy 1))
Take out my semi-automatic pistol and shoot at the most threatening looking surviving enemy (1 shot)
If an enemy should come into melee range, introduce him to my crowbar (smash him on the head)
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Need to stop the bleeding!

The turret out of reach.

It hurts! Help me! Stop it!

A jammed crossbow, an assortment of bolts.

And...

I just want to run!

A way to the turret.

Snarl

Reach out to grab a sticky-headed bolt and smash it open against the wall to create a simple handhold
As soon as it's solid enough, propel myself to the turret
On the way, grab the crossbow and a sharp bolt
Use the crossbow to try and block some of the turret's shots and discard it afterwards
Upon reaching the turret, hold onto it and smash it's focusing lense with the sharp bolt
Re-orient toward the Alpha-drake

For a short moment, as he brings the drake back into focus, hesitating for just a moment, an errant thought manages to reach through Frank's mind before being pushed back again. But the idea was there already...

Grab another sharp bolt and a coagulant booster
Absentmindedly administer the booster
Push off the corner at the Alpha-drake
Grab onto its neck, reach for its head and stab the bolt into one of its eyes.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

*Painfully turn to look back at Gene, Frank and Buck.*
*thinking*
Look at the mess you've gotten them into, Brom.
You weren't cautious enough going in, and you didn't listen to your team.
The mission has failed and the fault can only lie with you.
You were their leader. They were counting on you to keep them safe and lead them to victory, but you have let them down.
Now they are paying for your own stubbornness and inexperience.
They didn't screw up, you did. And they shouldn't have to suffer for your failure.
It's time to stop hiding behind your squad and face the music. They don't need to be here any longer.

*To Alpha Squad*
"Frank, Buck, this fight is over. We've lost.
I have failed in my duties as your squad leader, and I'm sorry.
Buck, you have two choices now. You can either go down fighting, or surrender yourself to the Hiltorel.
I would recommend the latter. You shouldn't have to die for my inadequacies. If you cooperate with them, they might let you live.
Should you choose to make a final stand, then it would be my honor to fight and die along side you. We'll take them to hell with us!
The choice is yours. Know that I support you regardless of which course of action you pick. I myself choose to go down fighting, as surrender isn't in my nature. I'll be giving the Hiltorel squad a little parting gift in case you decide to fight."

Reload my shotgun and fire once at the largest drake to get its attention.
"Over here, ya freak! Dinner time! Come and get it!"
Insure that the drake is focused on me, and then turn around and charge the Hiltorel Squad, staying in cover from their weapons as much as possible, while remaining visible to the large drake. As I move, I will reload my shotgun.
When I reach the last piece of cover between myself and the squids, I will ready my lasgun and leave cover.
After I've broken cover, I will continue my charge and fire my lasgun twice at the hiltorel (preferring those I have a clear shot at.).
"Surprise, you slimy bastards! I've brought you a new friend to play with! Try to be nice; she upsets easy!"
The moment my lasgun is out of shots (i.e. needs to cool), I will drop it and switch to my shotgun, where I will fire two more shots at the nearest Hiltorel soldier(s).
If I'm not dead by the time I'm within melee range, I will knock the nearest squid into the ground/wall, grab onto something, and give a few of my strongest punches to its face.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 am
To Gene:
"Gene! Stop twiddlin' yer thumbs and shoot this thing, it ain't gonna kill itself! It's made quick work o' Frank, and now the fukcer's set his nasty eyes on me - I ain't no Frank though, and this son of a bitch is gonna learn that soon!"
Look what you've done again, Weber. Brom's out and probably dying, Frank's probably dying, Buck's probably going to be dead in the next couple of minutes, and you probably don't have much more time left with those scratches in your chest. Once we're gone the bastards'll make short work of Vynkor.
Squad. Wipe.
Now get your fukcing shit together, Weber. You're not going to wipe your fukcing squad again. You're going to get out there and put a slug through that fukcing drakedog's head. So when you report to Heaven once shit goes south, you have something better to say to your parents than "Sorry, Dad; sorry, Mom; I failed. Again."

"Reports of my death have been grossly exaggerated. Vynkor, just get over here and revive Brom. I'm cough fine."

Load my weapons,
then attempt to move to cover behind the drakedog.
As soon as it moves within range, fire no more than two slugs from my shotgun at it,
then seek cover immediately and ask for medical backup.

Online Now