Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am
"This is fuckin' OUTRAGEOUS! Them stinkin' squids dun know no damn civility - you never touch another man's ship without his permission! I'd expect nothin' more from them violent, alien savages!"

"C'mon, why ain't none of y'all doin' something about this!? Kill 'em or something! And where the heck is Brom? Did he really just run off again?"

Shout towards the inner parts of the building, forgetting that I have a mic and that it's still turned on: "BROOOOOOOOOOOM!"
"SWEET MOTHER OF- We have a comm system for a reason ya moron! I can hear you just fine!
You owe me a new pair of eardrums when we get back to the Nemisis!
Next time we do this, we'll hack the enemy comms and have Buck shout them to death!
Seems like a pretty effective plan if you ask me.

I'm towards the rear of the complex, Buck. I've got a decent plan for eliminating the squids outside, but I'll need the rest of the squad to assist.
We're going to kick the gravity in the colony up a notch! ...Or twenty. Whatever it takes to turn the squids to goo."
Breaker of fortune cookies

*stares at the newly appeared wall aghast*

"They're probably trashing our only way away from here! The. Only. Wa-"
No indoor voice wrote: "BROOOOOOOOOOOM!"
*twitches violently*

"What in all hells is wrong with you?!?"
Brom is not a cleaning implement wrote: I'm towards the rear of the complex, Buck. I've got a decent plan for eliminating the squids outside, but I'll need the rest of the squad to assist.
We're going to kick the gravity in the colony up a notch! ...Or twenty. Whatever it takes to turn the squids to goo."
"Then let's get it done already!" I have absolutely no intention to stay here! Damn, I should've stayed with beta!

Throw a last, anxious look back to the barrier.
Curse and run back to my harness
Grab it and get to Brom
Throw a look at the consoles
Curse the whole situation and the lack of time
Advance after Brom, keeping a few meters distance
When shots are fired
-Get into cover
-Load a sharp bolt
-Shoot at aggressors, with focus on hostile squishies
When Brom advances to the reactor with Vynkor's harness
-Get to the reactor
-prepare the harness for extraction
-activate the harnesses
If the harnesses do not need personal supervision
-get into cover in the greenery at the lower-right corner of the central room
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Cha0zz wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am
Walk back to the nacelle, pick up the box, walk back to my casket and put the box in my casket.

We done here Saoirse-Boss?
"Almost, Bob. Very good job on getting the box, by the way!
I'd like to bring along that bad squid that kept teleporting around so the Nemesis can check how he did it, can you give me a hand with that? I can't lift stuff very well.

And after that we need a find a way to get Caleb along, and then we can go, if the squids are gonna leave the nacelle, I think..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 am

"Ah, hold on, I'll bring you one of Caleb's coagulant boosters.
But...bombing Huhoba? Wasn't Nemesis here fighting that OWL thing, whatever that may be?
Can you ask them why they think we were here to bomb the colony?
Also, how are we gonna get Caleb back? I don't think he can fly, if his ship even still flies."
"Many thanks, Esteemed Warrior. May your pasta bowl never be empty. I shall ask our Hiltorei friends about the bombing. As for Caleb, maybe he can use one of the civilian ships here - they should be easier to handle than a CASKET. If not, I suppose we can ask our Esteemed Engineer for ideas. We need to transport his CASKET too, though - our dear prisoner is there."

Accept the coagulant boosters,
AND administer myself one.
Put the scavenger's bag I've found into my backpack.

Speak to the Hiltorei:
"Me and the friends I've been blessed with - all of us were taken out of the cryosleep after our ship went down. I honestly tell you that we do not know what our mission was. Our superiors did not have any details, either. I do not think it was to bomb your city - those boxes do not look like the kind of weapons we would use. But I don't know..."
Make a dramatic pause.
Give the Hiltorei a nudge with my Charismatic Amp.
"Please, tell me your side of the story."

Once squids are done talking,
Promise them that I'll get to the truth behind it.

Then tell them that, regretfully, it is time for them to leave, as the nacelle is about to be recovered.
Tell them to board their ships and wish them safe journeys.

Walk around the place, see if there are any doors leading deeper into the nacelle.
If there are any, check what's behind them.

IF there are no doors I can open,
Go to my CASKET and enter it.

IF attacked,
Take cover.
Last edited by outlander on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm
"Many thanks, Esteemed Warrior. May your pasta bowl never be empty. I shall ask our Hiltorei friends about the bombing. As for Caleb, maybe he can use one of the civilian ships here - they should be easier to handle than a CASKET. If not, I suppose we can ask our Esteemed Engineer for ideas. We need to transport his CASKET too, though - our dear prisoner is there."
"I think you might be able to pick up and transport his CASKET with your landing gear - you seem to have the better thrusters, at least. I'll see if we can fly these things, if I can figure out which of them doesn't belong to our new friends inside. I assume they wouldn't like us stealing their ships."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Hema wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:01 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
"This is fuckin' OUTRAGEOUS! Them stinkin' squids dun know no damn civility - you never touch another man's ship without his permission! I'd expect nothin' more from them violent, alien savages!"

"C'mon, why ain't none of y'all doin' something about this!? Kill 'em or something! And where the heck is Brom? Did he really just run off again?"

Shout towards the inner parts of the building, forgetting that I have a mic and that it's still turned on: "BROOOOOOOOOOOM!"
"SWEET MOTHER OF- We have a comm system for a reason ya moron! I can hear you just fine!
You owe me a new pair of eardrums when we get back to the Nemisis!
Next time we do this, we'll hack the enemy comms and have Buck shout them to death!
Seems like a pretty effective plan if you ask me.

I'm towards the rear of the complex, Buck. I've got a decent plan for eliminating the squids outside, but I'll need the rest of the squad to assist.
"Heh, you see, I was thinkin' the exact same thing!"

Make my way towards Brom
if I get under ranged fire
-Get in cover
if something attacks me in melee
-Retaliate with my baton (max times limited by my skill)
When I feel safe, take out my PDA and try to find out where the gravity controls are for this facility (and, if possible, if I can control them from the PDA)
Try and hack the gravity controls
if I succeed
-Double the strength of the gravity (make sure that they aren't using some kind of logarithmic scale)
-In case any of the following happens:
a) I feel physically impaired by the increased gravity
b) The building starts visibly buckling under the pressure
c) Vynkor's state significantly starts worsening as a result of the gravity
--Gradually decrease until no hazard is present anymore
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:33 am
"Then let's get it done already!"
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 am
"Heh, you see, I was thinkin' the exact same thing!"
"Alright! Glad we're on the same page!
Now enough wasting time, let's get to the Stellaplex already!
Gene, I'll need you up here with me. There are a lot of turrets up there, and I don't want to take all of them on by myself!
Buck, if you can't hack the controls, we'll just pull the plug on whatever machinery they happen to have in there.
After you're done, I want everyone here to help with the stellaplex. Gene and I will watch your backs."

Cautiously head into the large room in the back.
If I'm attacked at anytime, I will get into cover, set down the harness and return fire (firing no more than two shots per target and a maximum of four shots in total.)
When all encountered threats are disabled, I will get back up, grab Vynka's harness and continue cautiously onward to my objective.
Once I get to the stellaplex, look around to insure that all threats have been dealt with, and then try to get the stellaplex ready for extraction.
When the others arrive for extraction, get into cover near the left side opening of the room and fire at any hostile that comes through ((again, maximum of two shots per target, no more than 4 shots over the course of the entire turn.))

I fix my eyes on the table in front of me, unable to meet my father's disapproving gaze. I want to burst out. I want to just tell him off, to spill my guts. He must be disappointed because I failed them. I know I shouldn't be here. I should be back on Anba, with them. But here I am. They died, and I lived...

Or maybe...he's seen battle. He must know at least something of what this is like. But I've never seen him hang his head. Not once. He's always been proud, confident.

That's when it hits me. He's not disappointed because I failed. He's disappointed because of what I'm making of it.

I hesitantly raise my eyes to him, looking him in the eyes and attempting to square my shoulders a bit. "I think I understand, Dad. I might have failed my platoon earlier on Anba...but I'm failing them all over again by acting like this. I can't let this beat me down. I can't let this control me. If I just mope about what happened, I'll never do any better...but I can do better. You always kept ramming that into my head as a kid. I think I know why, now..."

I look at him, more confidently. "It won't happen again. I'll make sure of it. I owe my platoon that much, at least."

If I wake up this turn, I groggily attempt to sit up and take stock of my surroundings and injuries. I call out to the squad on the comms channel. "Hey guys, this is Caleb. I just woke up, but...I'm not sure I can walk. What's going on?"

Hema wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:28 am
After you're done, I want everyone here to help with the stellaplex. Gene and I will watch your backs."
"Someone should try to at least drag Vynkor with us! They activated the barrier back there and can easily lift it again, I think. And...good thing she's out of it right now, I think she's too heavy for me..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm
"I think you might be able to pick up and transport his CASKET with your landing gear - you seem to have the better thrusters, at least. I'll see if we can fly these things, if I can figure out which of them doesn't belong to our new friends inside. I assume they wouldn't like us stealing their ships."
"It is a good idea. I shall try it when we are done here."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 am
"Someone should try to at least drag Vynkor with us! They activated the barrier back there and can easily lift it again, I think. And...good thing she's out of it right now, I think she's too heavy for me..."
"That will not be a concern so long as Buck gives the barrier a whack with his baton. As annoying as it is, we should be thinking of the effects of higher gravity on Vynka. Just don't turn it up too high, She's saved our skin, now it's time to return the favor."

Hema wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:17 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 am
"That will not be a concern so long as Buck gives the barrier a whack with his baton. As annoying as it is, we should be thinking of the effects of higher gravity on Vynka. Just don't turn it up too high, She's saved our skin, now it's time to return the favor."
"Huh, a'ight. Problem is, I dun know what kind of gravity them squids are capable o' standin' in. I'll just double it and hope no bad stuff happens."

I stand rooted on the spot.
Hapchazzard wrote:
"BROOOOOOOOOOOM!"
Shocked by the shout, I'm able to start moving again.
I move toward the stairs in that weird dream-slow way and begin descending them.
If I reach the bottom:
-I shoot thrice at the nearest enemy with the pistol.

((Hey, could you guys at least make sure the increased gravity won't rip Vynkor's arm off before turning it up? :ghost: ))

Online Now