Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#676
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
Ensure both my weapons are loaded and ready for firing before leaving my CASKET behind.
If any of them are not, reload them.
Draw my machine pistol.
Make my way inside the compound, being sure to not expose myself to enemy fire.
If I am attacked while en route to the compound, shoot the hostile once with my machine pistol, then reload.

Once inside the compound:
Follow Brom closely and watch his back.
If Brom takes cover, draw my shotgun and take cover with him.
If a hostile engages either Brom, myself, or another ally, shoot the hostile no more than twice with my shotgun, then reload.

At any time, if I engage an enemy or am engaged by one:
If the hostile is a Hiltorel, shoot it in the tentacles.
If it is a drake, shoot it in the head.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#677
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:43 pm
"Guys... Theres very definitely the sound of engines. and its getting louder by the second. i suspect im going to need reinforcements soon"
"we should also get someone to the nemesis to tell them we are done over here"
"It...can't be the Nemesis arriving to pick up the nacelle, right? Lord willing, we shall clear the rest of the nacelle momentarily and re-join you outside, so hold tight for now, esteemed Engineer."

"Caleb, esteemed warrior, if we solve the matters without resorting to violence here, would you please reinforce our esteemed engineer outside? There are developments happening that worry me a great deal."
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#678
I follow Buck and Brom.
If I see enemies which are hiltorel:
-I enter cover
-I wait for Brom's speech to conclude
(and roll my eyes, as appropriate)
-If the hiltorel are still hostile:
–I fire my lasgun at them, in a sweeping motion to take advantage of the beam, no more than thrice.
If I see enemies which are not hiltorel:
-I enter cover
-I fire upon them in the sweeping way described earlier, summing my shots to no more than three.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#679
outlander wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:45 pm
"It...can't be the Nemesis arriving to pick up the nacelle, right?"
"I reckon the ground would shake a bit more if that were the case. And i'd be standing in a good strength hurricane by now, their thrusters are no joke"

"They'd also be hailing us by now as well. I hope at least... lets test that"
"Nemesis? Come in Nemesis.. please respond. Cho?"
((i expect there to be no response, because... duh :V ))

"Doesnt seem like its them, could it be that freighter that fled when we arrived? To Pick up the stuff they left behind?" ((he said in a hopeful, if doubting, tone))
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#681
TURN 20

Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Image


Squad Alpha:
Brom
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:34 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
Pull out my shield and pistol and cautiously make my way up the marked path (shield up of course).
If I spot hostiles or I'm attacked, get into cover and open fire on the offending hostile (firing no more than twice per target with a maximum of 4 shots.) If said enemies are Hiltorel, prioritize their limbs above head shots and body shots, provided I have a clear view of those parts.

If I reach the end of the marked path without encountering resistance, I will proceed (shield up) towards the large room in the back of the complex.
I will keep an eye out for enemies and traps, and should I spot any I will immediately get into cover and hook my tether to the nearest heavy object should one be available.
If the enemy forcing me into cover is Hiltorel, I will call out in an attempt to pacify them (I will skip my speech and the short waiting period if I'm faced with enemies other than hHiltorel).

"I am the mighty Brom Keegan! The conqueror of Crius IV and ruler of the Ermhelm underground!
I have a reputation as the best marksman in the galaxy. There is nothing I can't shoot and nothing I can't kill.
Despite the trouble you've attempted to give me and my pupils, I, the Great Brom am willing to spare your life. All I ask is that you surrender your weapons.
If you so choose you may join us, opening you up to the possibility of sharing in an adventure with me in the future.
I will give you a moment to make your decision. I trust that you will make the right one."

After waiting about 5-10 seconds , I will peek out of cover and shoot any hostiles remaining. 2 shots maximum per enemy and no more than 4 in total.
If the hostile is a Hiltorel I will prioritize limbs over other body parts. If the enemy is a drake I will prioritize head shots above all else.
You pull out your shield and pistol and, cautiously, make your way up the path, shield up, trying to keep out of the way of hostiles. Naturally, hostiles don't keep out of the way of you, and begin firing at you without any sort of provocation - yes, firing, which means you're done with the drakehunds for now! Instead, you're fighting hiltorel! On foot! On the "in air" side of the mission!

It gets worse. Buck, behind you, is whistling through his teeth and singing off-key about tractors and moonshine. You inwardly shudder with loathing and contempt as you grind your teeth at the terrible racket. Why, if you were only back on Ermhelm, you oughta........

The shots begin ringing and pattering against your shield like rainfall, and you hurriedly get into cover, firing a few rounds as you go - while the hiltorel fire back. You fling yourself into place behind a particularly large rock standing in the middle of a mossy patch off the path, and, after throwing your tether in a loop around the large object, you call out:

"I am the mighty Brom Keegan! The conqueror of Crius IV and ruler of the Ermhelm underground!
I have a reputation as the best marksman in the galaxy. There is nothing I can't shoot and nothing I can't kill.
Despite the trouble you've attempted to give me and my pupils, I, the Great Brom am willing to spare your life. All I ask is that you surrender your weapons.
If you so choose you may join us, opening you up to the possibility of sharing in an adventure with me in the future.
I will give you a moment to make your decision. I trust that you will make the right one."

It's quite a rousing speech. In fact, it makes one of the hiltorel give a hand-signal to his comrades, and combat stops entirely. "You say this, yes," he begins, "but we know you have betrayed us once before!" He pauses, getting half to his feet behind the low bushes he's been using as concealment; you see he's still holding his gun. He continues, "We received word you did not keep your promise, and you were bringing bombs to destroy our colony! You were supposed to help us! Remember the contract you made with Hsilkoria! Lay down your weapons now, and we -"

...but his words are cut off short when a .44 round slams through his gut, sending him sprawling, splashing into the stream behind him. Your bullet. He didn't surrender.

The other squids, shouting wrathfully, begin firing at you and your allies again - and your allies return fire, throwing yourself into a full-scale skirmish with shots flying every which way. You're unable to land another shot on the three or four hiltorel hiding, well-concealed, out in the distance - but Gene seems to manage to at least graze one of them.

Still another good four minutes before Buck's gravity gun cools down enough for another skirmish-ending shot, and you're pretty sure you hear the growls of the drakehounds in the distance - and something possibly much darker as well.


Buck
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:43 pm
Holster my gravgun and unsheathe my baton
Follow behind Brom while twirling my baton in my hand and whistling an ever-so-slightly annoying country tune
if I get attacked by something in melee
-Hit it with the baton (max times limited by my skill)
-if it is a green thing
--Loudly exclaim "Oh, will ye fukc off already!?"
if someone starts shooting at me
-Duck behind cover
if the rest of the squad starts retreating (again)
-Retreat as well
As Vynkor, Gene and the others race inside, you holster your gravgun and pull out your trusty baton. It did quite a number on the drakedog you hit with it, and that was only a graze. You can only imagine what it'll do to one of the squids - provided you can keep them from mind-controlling you of course. You follow behind Brom, twirling your baton in your hand and whistling an ever-so-slightly (read: extremely as fukc) annoying country tune. You throw in some lyrics, too, just for the hell of it - stuff about tractors, whiskey, and moonshine. Brom certainly appreciates it. He looks like you've stirred him into a battle-rage frenzy. (You could be the squad's bard!)

On a less interesting note, everyone is shooting at you. This isn't really any different from usual, you note, and get yourself behind cover so that nobody will shoot you.

Eventually, Brom calls everything to a halt with a rousing speech that actually makes one of the hiltorel stand up and try to negotiate - to which Brom immediately shoots him in the face. So much for negotiating. Now they're legitimately angry at you.

But hell, at least nobody is trying to retreat this time. That's a plus.


Frank
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:24 am
I really hope we get further in this time...the more time we lose the more time they have to regroup and prepare...

Reload a tranquilizer bolt.
Make a normal scan of the drugged-out drakehound with the PDA.
Find/Take the Stellaplex harness I left near the door (that probably got hurled through the whole room by a grav-gun...woops ._.) and check it over to see if it still works.
If it still looks functional
-Take it with me
Keep behind Buck and Brom.
If the group is attacked
-take cover and shoot enemies with tranquilizers (one bolt per enemy, 2 shots at max)
Keep an eye out for hidden defences and point them out to the people who can do something against those
Also scan for electronical signals from turrets with the PDA.
If a turret's signal is found
Hack it to corrupt its targetting (Type corruption)
So far, you're the only one that hasn't been wounded. This is pretty interesting. Your ship is beat up, sure, but then, so is everyone else's (not entirely your fault, of course)! You're faring pretty well this mission so far, overall. This makes you feel like you have a target painted on your helmet. You feel uncomfortable, and decide to hang around by the entrance for a while, to let everyone else go ahead first.

Buck and Brom start off deep into the facility, and almost immediately you hear the sound of plasma fire. You, on the other hand, are reloading your crossbow with a new tranquilizer bolt, checking its fittings, making sure it's well-oiled and in proper working condition, checking the tension of the drawstrings, etc. Then you meander over to the drakehund and, using your PDA, try to do a decent scan of the thing. You're not entirely sure what you're doing, but that's not really the point now, is it? You'd just like to spend a little time making sure you don't get shot in the face before anyone else does. (That target thing again, right?)

Your results are positively astounding. The drakehund appears to be at least 90% composed of copper, and 25% composed of licorice. How the PDA even recognized such a material, you'll never know, but the chlorophylline wings are something the scientists back at home will surely go batshit crazy over! In fact, upon a second scan (just to make sure, as you are, after all, a scientist (as of two minutes ago)) you think you might detect some traces of a new mineral you decide to christen "Diamondium", seeing as it's made of two sets of Amon crystals. You totally didn't make all that up just now, either - the simple fact being, you aren't really sure what you're looking at. Your PDA is screeching that it's detecting "anomalous materials", but that's all you really know. It might detect licorice and peppermints, too - it just doesn't know it yet, that's all.

You wander back to the doorway and pick up the stellaplex harness. It seems to be in decent condition. It still looks functional, but you notice that nobody else bothered to bring theirs with them. The hell? Really? Well, it looks like you're just in time to save the day again. You take your battered, bloodied stellaplex harness and stroll toward the group - who is currently under attack, just as you'd expected. You jump over Vynkor's cover (the low edge of a pond) and into the basin of the pond itself, leading bloody footprints as you cross to a line of trees and bushes you decide to use as cover.

At that moment, you hear Brom stop shouting at the squids (another speech) and start firing instead. Peeking through the bushes, and then around them, and then out from behind a tree, you crane your neck inside your helmet and eventually get into a position where you think you can just see a one the enemies - and fire off a bolt. You can't tell that it hit anything, so you load another quickly and fire that one too. ...but still, nothing.

This is somewhat discouraging, but at least you're safe! You slink back into cover and check with your PDA to see if you can detect any cameras nearby - or at least some form of surveilance equipment. The answer: No, you can't. The area seems to be completely clear of electronic signals, which seems a bit odd. You're not entirely sure you trust it.




Gene
Spoiler:      SHOW
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
Ensure both my weapons are loaded and ready for firing before leaving my CASKET behind.
If any of them are not, reload them.
Draw my machine pistol.
Make my way inside the compound, being sure to not expose myself to enemy fire.
If I am attacked while en route to the compound, shoot the hostile once with my machine pistol, then reload.

Once inside the compound:
Follow Brom closely and watch his back.
If Brom takes cover, draw my shotgun and take cover with him.
If a hostile engages either Brom, myself, or another ally, shoot the hostile no more than twice with my shotgun, then reload.

At any time, if I engage an enemy or am engaged by one:
If the hostile is a Hiltorel, shoot it in the tentacles.
If it is a drake, shoot it in the head.
You check both your weapons, reloading the ones that need reloaded. Then, taking your machine pistol (and woefully missing taking your stellaplex harness with you), you head back into the facility, following the others.

By the time you make it inside, Brom, Buck, and Vynkor are already under attack. You decide to avoid the main path, trying not to expose yourself to enemy fire, and run up the stream on the right side, your heavy magboots splashing in the flowing water, almost slipping on the rocks. On reaching your destination, you hurl yourself into cover next to Brom and prepare to fire, pulling out your shotgun - but he holds up a hand to motion you to stop.

He makes a rousing speech, talking of how great he is, and how they should surrender right now and be blessed by his greatness. Honestly, it's quite compelling. You almost feel like putting down your weapons and walking out the door yourself. During this time, all fire stops - both yours, and the enemy's. They're actually listening to him.

"All I ask is that you surrender your weapons," Brom booms out melodiously. "If you so choose, you may join us!"

"You say this, yes," one of the squids begins, "but we know you have betrayed us once before!" He pauses, getting half to his feet behind the low bushes he's been using as concealment; you see he's still holding his gun. He continues, "We received word you did not keep your promise, and you were bringing bombs to destroy our colony! You were supposed to help us! Remember the contract you made with Hsilkoria! Lay down your weapons now, and we -"

But he stops short as a .44 from Brom's pistol punches a hole clean through his gut, sending him sprawling, splashing, with a groan and a shout, right into the stream you just tread.

"FIRE!" Brom shouts. After a brief hesitation you bring your shotgun to bear as the (rightfully) enraged squids begin to attack you - peeking around the edge of your tall boulder, you manage to wing one of them with a wide spread of your Gauss shotgun fire, reveling in the massive punch it deals - it punches clean through their cover, even, you see.

But things are getting hectic, and the squids seem legitimately angry. You wonder if they'll run at you, or if they even have any melee weapons, as you take aim for another powerful shot with your shotgun - which, unfortunately, misses.




Vynkor
Spoiler:      SHOW
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:34 pm
I follow Buck and Brom.
If I see enemies which are hiltorel:
-I enter cover
-I wait for Brom's speech to conclude
(and roll my eyes, as appropriate)
-If the hiltorel are still hostile:
–I fire my lasgun at them, in a sweeping motion to take advantage of the beam, no more than thrice.
If I see enemies which are not hiltorel:
-I enter cover
-I fire upon them in the sweeping way described earlier, summing my shots to no more than three.
You follow Buck and Brom - far enough behind that you don't get shot - and as soon as Brom starts getting shot, you duck down behind the low laid-rock wall of large stones separating you from a pool of water. There's one enemy far out in the distance you can just barely make out, half-hidden in the trees and bushes. It's a hiltorel, at least - not one of those horrid drakehunds. He fires a shot - it nearly wings your helmet. You decide to duck a little lower, just to be safe.

Gene leaps over the wall to the right of you with a splash as he lands in the pond and charges up toward Brom's location. Frank follows suit soon thereafter, leaving another (very) bloody trail in the water (and stopping short at the entrance to the stream).

Not long after, you hear Brom radio for everyone to halt - and then you hear him shouting loudly at the enemy, urging them to join his side - "We have cookies me!" he goes on - truly a compelling argument. They shout back with an argument of their own that you can't quite make out over the splashing of the pond. Brom responds with his own argument - a pistol shout, from the sound of it - and then combat begins again in earnest.

Things are not quite going as planned. You whip out your lasgun and start firing in a broad, sweeping motion at the only guy you see. Naturally, it does basically no damage - but it does manage to worry him enough to make him withdraw and duck behind cover. You're pretty sure you hit him, at least! That's progress! Actually, you think you hit him with every shot! Hell yeah!




To everyone in Alpha:
"Okay, fuckwads!" It's Lt. Anabais, voice as high and sharp as ever, and she sounds pissed. "I've fukcing lost HALF MY SQUAD waiting for you to get your shitty asses in gear! Leiana just died - she DIED so that you could TWIDDLE YOUR FUKCING THUMBS BEING PIECES OF SHIT! I fukcing swear, if I ever get my hands on you shits I'll string all five of you onto my chaincannon - rip a clean hole through you from asshole to mouth - and --" Leaving the thought unfinished, she begins cackling unnervingly, breaking into an all-out laugh that then quickly decays into a roar of anger. "Listen here, you little shits! This was NOT PART OF THE PLAN! We were a distraction, NOT FUKCING MARTYRS! You have TEN MORE MINUTES to get your job done before I LEAVE YOU TO ROT! I'm NOT risking any more of my squad for you! I'll get the Nemesis to fukcing orbit by myself if I have to!"


Squad Beta:
Inside
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:38 am
To the squad:

"We are trying to resolve the matter peacefully, dear Saoirse. They cease resisting, and we let them go. There's one of them trapped under the rubble, though, so they can't leave."

"I shall go inside and help them free him. Help thy fellow miget in times of peril, as they will help you in your time of need, as the Gospel says, and who are we all if not midgets before His eternal light? If He sees fit to test my faith here and now, so be it! For whosoever provideth the pasta first will be rewarded."

To the Hiltorei, using my Charisma Amp:
"Why are you lying to me, warrior? I've heard what he said, and it was clear as day. How long do you think you've got to get him out before his internal organs get crushed? How long do you think you have to get him out before we start recovering the nacelle?"

Concentrate the Charisma Amp on the leader:
"I would like to enter and help your wounded comrade. I have the means to do it, if you let me. Also, we shall not kill you. In exchange, you leave everything that you didn't bring here with you, and you go. What do you say to that? Do we have an agreement, a deal, a contract?"

IF they agree,
- go inside
- AND walk to the trapped Hiltorei.
Once there, use my gravity amp to create a zero-g area around the trapped Hiltorei.
Signal that he can be pulled out of the rubble,
Then ask him where the red box is.


IF they disagree,
- don't go inside


IF attacked:
- use Electric Amp on the attacker
- dodge and run into the nearest cover.


IF allies attacked:
- use electric amp for the maximum of two times on different targets;
- Use the lash to disarm one of the targets
cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:26 pm
Oh FSM, if Ishmael goes in there, things might not go well...

"Ishmael, you sure you wanna go in there? I don't think those guys are going to take too kindly to it. Maybe we should try negotiating a bit more?"

Remains outside the room, aiming my electrorifle in. If the squids attack one of us, I return fire, trying to take out the attacker closest to them and firing no more than 3 shots.
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:21 am
"Bob, hold o..."
Dammit
I dash in after Bob, trying to look as non-threatening as possible.
If we're attacked, I get behind the nearest cover and start to stasis enemies (up to 4 tries, up to 2 actually stasised) and shout "Don't shoot, we're just trying to help!"
If they stop attacking, I stop as well, and let free the ones already stasised.

If applicable, I help Bob and/or Ishmael free the trapped Hiltorel and ask where the box is.
"Just stay back!" the hiltorel leader shouts. He looks scared, or panicked. He's clearly no soldier, or even a mercenary. Yet, Ishmael calls out to him, from behind the cover of his wall corner, "Why are you lying to me, warrior? I've heard what he said, and it was clear as day! How long do you think you've got to get him out before his internal organs get crushed? How long do you think you have to get him out before we start recovering the nacelle?"

"You leave now!" he calls back, clearly stressed. "Leave now, we take care of him! Get your things after we leave, yes?"

Ishmael is not one to be so easily deterred. He focuses his charisma amp on the leader, but senses strange fluctuations. "I would like to enter and help your wounded comrade," he says, soothingly. "I have the means to do it, if you let me. Also, we shall not kill you. What do you say to that? Do we have an agreement, a deal, a contract?"

"No!" the squid calls back, although he seems to be just beginning to reconsider.. "You humans not to trust! You betrayed us, bringed bombs to drop on Huhoba! Now you need to go away! Yes? You go! Let us help friend, you go away!" Suddenly, his cries grow more urgent. "Wait - ho! No! Go away, stop! Stop, human! Jelala, ealala! STAY AWAY!" His shouts grow more and more panicked, and finally he pulls out a weapon...

...Because at that moment, Bob decided to stroll through the doorway into the room.

The other hiltorel behind him shout at the one in front - something in hiltorelese - but it's too late. He flings a device at Bob, which hits him directly in the chest with an short, loud POP. With a sharp, agonized cry of pain, Bob collapses into an unresponsive heap.

"BOB!" Saoirse shouts, starting to rush towards him. Around her, everyone is readying their weapons - Caleb and Ishmael - while on the other side, the aliens shout at the one that threw the device, seemingly horrified, reprimanding him in shocked disbelief. But the leader seems to have totally lost it and is brandishing a gun.


"GET DOWN!" Caleb shouts, standing up from behind the boxes he's using as cover, just long enough to fire a shot. Saoirse ducks to the side just in time as a hiss of electrically-charged air rushes past her, catching the one that hurt Bob right in the chest. His muscles tense, tentacles flail; he has not enough time to even shout before he's on the floor, unconscious. (Ishmael also attacked at the same time with his electro amp, but it amounted to a miss.)

And this stirs up the wrath of the two remaining squids, who don't seem to realize that their friend isn't dead, and only unconscious. "NILERAL!" one of them cries out, and then, with a scream, fires at the REKT crew - and the second one follows suit without question. In moments, the air is thick with bolts of plasma from one side, and electricity from the other, as both the squids, and Caleb + Ishmael attempt to fry each others' eyes out. Saoirse, on the other hand, is trying frantically to get to Bob. "Bob! Bob, say something!" she says, trying unsuccessfully to pull Bob into cover, while herself staying out of the way - but she's simply not strong enough.

"Saoirse, get out of there!" someone shouts - Saoirse realizes this is probably decent advice and leaps into cover behind one of the hazard-marked crates. She attempts to use stasis on the two targets, but her concentration is ruined - and not helped when a handful of marble-sized "miniature grenades" land nearby, exploding with a series of blasts. The twisted, needlelike shards from several of them finds their way deep into her left leg and hip with a stabbing pain that causes her to stumble.

Meanwhile, Ishmael has pulled out his plasma lash and is charging wildly at his adversaries, jiggling as he goes. His intention is to catch the enemies by surprise and rip the weapons from their hands with the lash - peacefully, of course, to spread the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster - but this plan is cut very short when a stream of bullets (actual bullets, not plasma) traces their way across his helmet for a perfect headshot, leaving him a few noodles short of a bowl of pasta, not to mention in great agony. (One of the squids hacked a turret.) Ishmael stumbles, but to his immense credit, picks himself back up off his feet, ignoring the round that just ripped up his face, and plunges toward the enemy for a perfect slice of his plasma lash: shimmering with energy, it wraps itself in an impossibly tight coil around the nearest enemy's weapon, ripping it from his hands and sending it skittering backwards across the floor towards Bob - who has just begun to stir.


Shit got bad, fast.


Bob
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cha0zz wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:49 am
Bob will help friendly squids! Bob stronk.

Push Ishmael to the side and walk in and help the guy by lifting the piece of metal of him.
Then grab him and put him back on his feet.
Ask him friendly 'where bob can find box'

If I'm attacked, defend myself with the crowbar (up to the maximum amount of actions I can do safely) and find cover
Ishmael starts trying to negotiate with the bad squids, but you're not really in the mood for such pointless diplomacy - nor are you really sure you understand it. Bob doesn't like wall, and Bob doesn't like bad squids, but these are good squids. They didn't shoot at you. They have a friend that needs help, too - you heard him.

Ignoring Ishmael, you burst out of cover from behind him and go striding with great steps into the room. "Bob will help friendly squids!" you call out cheerfully. "Bob stronk!"


At this, you heard the main squid's cries grow more urgent, and start to actually listen. "Wait - ho! No! Go away, stop! Stop, human! Jelala, ealala! STAY AWAY!" Is that at you, you wonder? But you don't hesitate - you continue forward -

- and something explodes across your chest with intense heat, somehow knocking you off your feet.

Silence.

Darkness.

Nothing.

~~~

Distantly, you begin to hear noise. It feels disconnected, as though the sounds don't actually have anything to do with you at all. Your head hurts, and your limbs feel heavy and numb, as though they aren't even your own. You groan. It doesn't actually hurt that much, but moving feels... quite difficult. You hear hisses through the air - the hiss of plasma weaponry - and the clack of bullets. You hear Saoirse cry out in agony - and this brings you to your senses in an instant; your eyes flick open, and you squint to clear your blurred eyes. "Saoirse-boss?" you moan, your words sticking in your throat.

Maybe they were bad squids after all.



Gearhead
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:43 pm
"Guys... Theres very definitely the sound of engines. and its getting louder by the second. i suspect im going to need reinforcements soon"
"we should also get someone to the nemesis to tell them we are done over here"

get to the nearest of the AA guns and try to understand the controls. If its significantly more complex than push button -> get boom take my trusty Babelfish™ PDA dictionary and slowly and painfully translate the markings

if theres something coming AND its visibly hostile
"Guys, we have company. I need help NOW"
-if i got the AA gun working
--use the AA gun to fire on the newcomers however often im allowed to without penalties
-if not
--get in cover behind the AA gun
--try to rip some thrusters off the attacking ships with my grav amp (up to 3 times)
Hurrying, you rush over to the nearest of the AA guns and try to figure out the controls. It's a bit of a stretch, seeing as everything is written in the flowing hiltorel script, but overall you think you can sort of figure it out. One set of controls is for vertical and horizontal motion, obviously, and that set of buttons there is probably for firing. Given what you know of hiltorel tech, you quickly recognize one set of buttons as being for firing... but beyond that, you're at a loss. Nevermind though, it's enough.

And just in time, too - two hiltorel craft curve into view from beyond the southern side of the nacelle, coming from the southern mountain ranges. "Guys, we have company," you warn. They seem to be doing something inside, but you have no idea what, honestly. You begin taking aim - and find that the gun turret moves laboriously slowly. Surely there's SOME set of controls to make it go faster - how are you supposed to fukcing aim this thing otherwise?? From what you saw, it barely has any range.

The two craft quickly begin to circle the site, as though scoping it out, and you time a shot to hit one of the two.

KSHOOM ... KSHOOM - the AA turret fires a set of powerful bolts that fly, screeching, into the sky...... well behind your target. Worse still, now they've noticed you. One of them circles around for another pass, and you try to track it with the turret, letting off a second volley just as it comes in to try to shoot you with a stream of plasma rounds - but your return fire forces him to duck out of the way.

"I NEED HELP NOW!" you shout over the comms. What the actual fukc is keeping them? There's no way you can hold these guys off by yourself, and you may not have enough time for them to get out here if they're so hellbent on taking their sweet time!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#682
"Arrrr!"

"Caleb, our Engineer needs help. Please leave some painkillers on the floor for me, and go outside. We shall deal with this room."
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up pasta sauce. Now we fight."

Take cover.
Make electricity from the hacked turret flow into its electronics, frying it.
Slam the still-armed Deceiver with 2 gees
AND take his weapon with my lash.
Slam the remaining enemy with 2 gees, too.


IF all the enemies are down, go grab some painkillers and use them.
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#683
Bob please be fine please be fine please be fine...
Goddamn [redacted Irish swearing] idiots!

I clench my teeth and use my electro amp to let bolts crackle all around me in an intimidating, flash and loud but harmless display of pyrotechnics, while shouting of the top of my lungs
"EVERYBODY STOP!!!!"
You two [more redacted irish swearing], your idiot friend isn't dead, he's just knocked out, so stop bloody firing at people who just bloody try to help you!"

If they listen and stop attacking:
upon seeing Bob starting to attack them, shout "Bob, no, wait!", quickly throw a stasis bubble over him and (if succesful) run in front of him, hug him and say "It's ok Bob, it's ok, it was just a misunderstanding, they aren't bad squids, they just thought we killed their friend..."
If I manage to calm him down, I release the bubble say "Can you help them like you wanted to? I need to go help Gearhead.", I dash outside, ignoring the pain in my leg.
I try to see the ships that are attacking us, and see if I can discern/remember anything useful about them.
I get in my ship, lift off, and fire at the nearest with a bubble stream, aiming for a weak spot if possible. On a successful hit, I tell whoever is manning the turrets to shoot that ship (if it's not destroyed yet).
If one of the ships is close enough, I try to see what happens if I use a stasis bubble on someone piloting a ship.
Then I get in cover from the ships (behind the nacelle or something)

If the Hiltorel inside keep attacking (or start again), I say "Okay fine, screw it" and:
Get back into cover if I'm out of it
if I still think Bob is severly hurt, I start throwing lightning at the two remaining squids (up to three attacks)
otherwise, I try to stasis them (also up to three attacks).
If we take them all out, I dash outside and do the get-in-ship-and-attack-thing (see above)
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu May 24, 2018 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#685
Brom wrote: *Shooting the hiltorel*
Another overwhelming victory for properly conducted diplomacy! Congratulations! Would've been interesting to know what bombs they talked about...we didn't hear anything of that...unless they mean Buck's nuke...but that's only one bomb...

"Guys, I tried to scan for electronics and other frequencies just now. Didn't get anything! But I think there might still be some dormant or inactive threats around, so we should keep an eye open even later when I get out with the Stellaplex."

*looking at the PDA again*

"And my PDA-scan notified me of anomalous materials inside the lizards...we should really take some bits and pieces with us on the way out..."

And the crazy triggerhappy one is at it again...talking to her and making her even more furious...or ignoring it and making her more furious...decisions, decisions... (<.<)
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#686
Look up dazedly and see that Saoirse is wounded

STUPID LITTLE SQUIDS HURT SAOIRSE-BOSS?
NOW BOB HURT SQUIDS.

Jump up (or approach it depending on how bad my condition is :P) and grab my crowbar
Run to the nearest squid, grab him by the tentacles on his head and start smacking the living shit out of him with my crowbar (up to the max amount of attacks without penalty) then trow him to the side and find myself some cover.

Shout (or say depending on the distance) to Saoirse: You ok Saoirse-Boss? Bob-Boss made squids pay for hurt Saorise-Boss.

Shoot a single shot at one of the remaining squids with my pistol.
Stay into cover
Don't lose Jimmy
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#688
*Yelling over the fray*
"That contract is over thirty years old and you voided it when you hired other people to do my job!
Don't talk to me about broken promises you inbred cephalopod! If you wanted my help, you should have abided by my terms!"
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:46 am
To my squad: "Ya'll heard the lady, kill them squids faster! By the way, nice shot back there, Brom - wasn't expectin' you to be that cunnin'!"
And I wasn't expecting them to hold a grudge for so long, but I wasn't about to let such an opportunity slip through my fingers.
"I finally get some recognition for my skills and it's for a simple trick? Have you been blindfolded up until now, Buck?
Bah, nevermind that. We've got some squids to kill!
Buck, I want you behind me in cover. If anything charges it'll be your job to bash its head into its stomach cavity!
I'll be advancing down the center. Gene, you should wait until I get their attention and advance up the stream. We can catch them by surprise that way.
Frank and Vynka should stay close behind us, but shouldn't leave cover for more than a few seconds at a time."
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:23 am
"And my PDA-scan notified me of anomalous materials inside the lizards...we should really take some bits and pieces with us on the way out..."
"Great! I'm sure the hiltorel will wait around for us to cut chunks out of their pets. We'll do it if time permits. Otherwise we're leaving as soon as we have the stellaplex!"
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#689
Hema wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:58 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:23 am
"Great! I'm sure the hiltorel will wait around for us to cut chunks out of their pets. We'll do it if time permits. Otherwise we're leaving as soon as we have the stellaplex!"
"Well, you are the one who knows best wether we're able to drag one around without problems when we leave..."
Last edited by F4wk35 on Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#690
Cha0zz wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:31 am
Look up dazedly and see that Saoirse is wounded

STUPID LITTLE SQUIDS HURT SAOIRSE-BOSS?
NOW BOB HURT SQUIDS.

Jump up (or approach it depending on how bad my condition is :P) and grab my crowbar
Run to the nearest squid, grab him by the tentacles on his head and start smacking the living shit out of him with my crowbar (up to the max amount of attacks without penalty) then trow him to the side and find myself some cover.

Shout (or say depending on the distance) to Saoirse: You ok Saoirse-Boss? Bob-Boss made squids pay for hurt Saorise-Boss.

Shoot a single shot at one of the remaining squids with my pistol.
Stay into cover
Don't lose Jimmy
((is there anything worded out loud there? not quite sure :V))

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron