Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Talvieno wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:30 pm
"Just the one coming from the southwest," Cho clarifies. "They would've left the weakest ones behind to defend the colony, because Anabais' squad would've destroyed them."
"Ma'am, I'd like to request that you send part of Kendall's squad to help us deal with the singular fighter after they're done with the ones they're fighting now. I don't think Alpha can handle it in its current state."

"Alpha squad, on my mark we are going to exterminate the defenders to north and wait for reinforcements to deal with the heavy on our tail.
Buck, I want you to put your computer skills to use. See if you can knock a few of those enemies out of the skies. Don't forget your MFM though.
Miles, I want to see you melting enemies with your laser. Try to blind them at the very least.
And Lemons... You don't have a weapon, do you? Why did you join the air squad again? Nevermind. Just see if you can make yourself look threatening or something.

Beta, If you could spare someone competent from your squad for a few minutes, then we may actually be able to pull this off."
Last edited by Hema on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

((
Spoiler:      SHOW
These actions must be JUST RIGHT.
Me trying to figure out these actions:
))

Take one of the Lock-On missiles for my Rocket Launcher, and on the side, where it would not cause a detonation, write with my space-pen: 'With love, to whom it may concern, from Lemons.'
Kiss the rocket.
Load said missile into the Rocket Launcher, and secure it where I can quickly grab it.

On command, with the squad, cross the ridge, and head towards the four hostiles.
Evade any incoming fire.

Plug my flash drive into the control panel.
Play 'Feel Invincible' by 'Skillset'.

Grin.

"Distract them."

Make sure I am strapped into the seat well.
Put on my helmet.
Direct my CASKET down, close to the colony structures, and use the structures for cover to close the distance to the enemy line.
Grab my Rocket Launcher with the Lock-On missile I wrote on.

When underneath the lower-most undamaged enemy fighter, direct my ship up, and perform a flip overhead the targeted enemy, keeping outside of the blast range of my rocket exploding on the enemy hull, flying from one side of the hostile, over it, and down the other side, back into cover of the colony buildings, trying to maneuver so I am hard to track with their slow turn rate.

While performing the flip maneuver, open the canopy, and make sure it's pointed down at the enemy when I am directly above it.
Lock onto the targeted enemy with the lock-on missile while performing top portion of the up-side-down flip, doing my best to lock onto a weak spot like a cockpit, engines, or other weaknesses...

Yell "URRRRAHHHHHHHH!"

...and fire it when it locks, while flipped over. (( I understand both my strength and exo suit bonus stats are used for this shot? ))
Continue evading as I flip the CASKET back over, give the smoke a moment to clear out of my space, and close the canopy, as I fall back into cover behind the enemy line.
Use the colony structures as cover.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hema wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm
"Ma'am, I'd like to request that you send part of Kendall's squad to help us deal with the singular fighter after they're done with the ones they're fighting now. I don't think Alpha can handle it in its current state."
"Well..." Cho inhales, "That's kinda out of my jurisdiction! I'll talk to Reyha and try to get her to spare someone, but don't count on it happening! Sorry!"
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

*Sighing in relief*

We managed to shake them off for now! An- And there are the scavengers.

"Uhm, Cho...? We ki- kinda were told that scavengers are quite...rare sights, yes? We...got some here though. You have any Idea what kind of threat we can expect of those here?"

"Anybody got ideas? I- I am not that experienced a fighter..."

Observe the incoming fighters and look in what condition they are.
Ready the microwave manipulator
When the fighters cross the border of 1.5 kilometers
-Inform Caleb which scavenger to attack (One that's not been called out by Saoirse)
-Shoot said scavenger with the MFM
Take cover
Attempt to hack the turret controls of Bob's scavenger and attempt to hinder their targetting
Last edited by F4wk35 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:54 am
"Uhm, Cho...? We ki- kinda were told that scavengers are quite...rare sights, yes? We...got some here though. You have any Idea what kind of threat we can expect of those here?"
"No, we totally expected there to be scavengers!" your FTO laughs. The comms buzz with static for a moment. "... that many, but they should be unaffiliated with the hiltorel military forces. You should be able to take them out! But be careful, they may have ... if ..." The comms finally cut out completely, and you miss everything else she says.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"Everybody follow Bob!"

Open a comms channel to the scavengers
"Hello Messrs. tentacles. "
"Meh Bob"
"We no want to hurt you, but we stronk and will hurt you if you not get out of our way"
"If you not go away Jimmy says he eat calamara as dinner"

Get in cover and take aim at the scavengers.
When/if they come closer (within 1.5 squares from me):
- Open fire on the nearest scavenger with my laser (1shot)
When/if they come within particle gun range:
- open fire with my Particle gun (1shot)
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:41 am
Hema wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:16 pm
"Well..." Cho inhales, "That's kinda out of my jurisdiction! I'll talk to Reyha and try to get her to spare someone, but don't count on it happening! Sorry!"
((Said sarcastically))
"Thanks for your help. And don't worry if you can't find anyone; I'm sure we'll be just fine without assistance."

"Alright, Alpha! For those of you who actually remembered to bring weapons, it's time to call your targets! I'll take the repulsive squid on the far right.
Buck, I want to see those hacking skills in action, get them shooting eachother if possible. And don't forget to cook one of the bastards; I like mine well done.
Miles, pick a target and melt it into a puddle of goo!
We'll attack after everyone's called their targets!"

"Got it, Bob!"
First, time for appropriate background music!
Then, I fly towards the canyon wall ((towards the middle of I10, but not quite in the middle as that's solid rock of course)) to stay out of LOS of the enemies until they get closer.
Once at least one is in range, I peep from behind the wall
Then I communicate which enemy I'm going to attack (the one that seems the most threatening or the one best in range), and give Gearhead a bit of time to do his hacking
then I fire a bubble and direct it to that enemy's engines, shouting "BUBBLES!".
When fired at, I use my PSI to do an evasive spinny thingy.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Wonderful, I just love communications issues. At least these guys aren't quite as lethal as the military. Bob's method of dealing with them is...unconventional, to say the least, but honestly I wouldn't have been much stealthier.

"Roger that, let's take these guys down!"

I stick with Frank and fire at his target once he opens fire himself. I evade any incoming fire.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Detritus wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:31 pm
"I pick the guy on the far left."

"Also Brom, I figure you did not hear me. Is there any way we can retrieve Miranda on the way back?"

"Excellent. That leaves Buck with the two in the middle. Lemons, see if you can distract them for him or something.

Didn't know that you were that kind of guy, Miles. Have to say, I'm rather shocked.
I supposed that's none of my business though. You can play with her corpse after we finish the mission."
Last edited by Hema on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hema wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Didn't know that you were that kind of guy, Miles. Have to say, I'm rather shocked.
I supposed that's none of my business though. You can play with her corpse after we finish the mission."
"........Brom? That's.... that's not what I meant. I meant.... ooooh boy. Can we just retrieve her. I'll carry her corpse in my ship thing on the way back."
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 pm
Hema wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 pm

"........Brom? That's.... that's not what I meant. I meant.... ooooh boy. Can we just retrieve her. I'll carry her corpse in my ship thing on the way back."
Oh, sorry Miles, my mistake. Your request sounded a bit shady is all. You can go and retrieve her body after the mission provided we aren't being attacked, and that she isn't "vapor" as Lemons put it. I'm sure there will be something left."

((Edit for actions))
"Okay squad, listen up. The right squid is mine; I'll make him wish he had never come to this colony.
Miles has claimed the one on the far left. Give him hell, Miles.
That leaves Buck with the two center fighters. If you can't take them both out, just go for one and we'll worry about the other later.
Now let's move! I want to see them dead or dying within the next couple minutes!"

Fly over the ridge with the rest of the squad an break off to deal with the fighter on the far right.
When I get within one and a half kilometers of the right fighter, fire off a shot from my railgun (at the far right fighter), and begin evasive maneuvers to avoid getting hit.
If (after I finish with my attack) it looks like Buck is having trouble with his targets, fly in and try to distract one of them (while obviously trying to avoid taking serious damage myself.)

"Pffft, I don't need no help."

Fly over the ridge
Head full speed towards the two fighters in the center, but do not get too far ahead compared to the rest of my squad
Fire the MFM at the eastern central fighter (once in range)
Try and disable the other fighter's engine/antigrav/whatever holds it above ground, in an attempt to knock it off the sky (this is a hacking action, do it only once, also when in range)
if I feel like I am being overwhelmed by the enemies
-Retreat in whatever direction I feel is safest (probably eastward, definitely not southwards)
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now