Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hema wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:21 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:58 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 pm
"Alpha squad, as you know, we have already lost a squad member to enemy fire.
Miranda was a good soldier, who has gone as far as to sacrifice her life so we could reach our objective without having to deal with those fighters.
When we get back to the Nemesis, I will host a memorial party for her, and I want all of you to attend! We will be able to mourn her loss properly!
At this moment, we have to make her sacrifice count. We've got another lavish party to attend, and it's just over that ridge! We will pay the enemy back ten-fold for their actions today."

"I was thinking the same thing, Lemons. We'll have less of a risk of running into my more crazy fans if we fly over the ridge.
We should try to aim for the center of J-6. That should give us a decent view of our objective, as well as provide us a decent place to fight should we run into squids. As usual, keep an eye out for my fans, they're everywhere. If you see any approaching, open fire.

One more thing, Buck seems to be having some trouble with his engines. We should try to allow him to catch up with us."

"Beta squad, we are at this moment down one squad member, as one of ours broke off to distract the enemy. If possible, I ask that you please send a temporary replacement from your squad while the Nemesis gets another soldier out of cryo. If you help, then I, Brom Keegan will owe you one. And I always make good on my debts."
"You've got fans too, mister? I know what it's like, I've got 'em to back on my planet too! Lemons, you have any fans?"
"Of course I have fans, good sir. You're talking to one of the most well known and respected hitmen this side of the galaxy.
Brom Keegan! The legendary assassin of Ermhelm. Back in the day, the ladies would swoon in my presence. Children would come up and tell me how I was their hero. The community as a whole looked up to me! Yes, I am the celebrity.

Why do you have fans, Buck?"
"I, uh, well, I was a famous general and mercenary! I used to command a dreadnought, ye know. I commanded my own division back in the Third Battle of Arkosha. Now I don't want to sound like I'm braggin', but we'd have lost that battle if it wasn't for me! I have several Arkoshan medals o' honor, and children call me a hero too! Also, I won the Planetary Drinking Tournament twice!" ((Note: everything except the last part is bullshit))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:42 pm
Hema wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:21 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:58 pm
"You've got fans too, mister? I know what it's like, I've got 'em to back on my planet too! Lemons, you have any fans?"
"Of course I have fans, good sir. You're talking to one of the most well known and respected hitmen this side of the galaxy.
Brom Keegan! The legendary assassin of Ermhelm. Back in the day, the ladies would swoon in my presence. Children would come up and tell me how I was their hero. The community as a whole looked up to me! Yes, I am the celebrity.

Why do you have fans, Buck?"
"I, uh, well, I was a famous general and mercenary! I used to command a dreadnought, ye know. I commanded my own division back in the Third Battle of Arkosha. Now I don't want to sound like I'm braggin', but we'd have lost that battle if it wasn't for me! I have several Arkoshan medals o' honor, and children call me a hero too! Also, I won the Planetary Drinking Tournament twice!" ((Note: everything except the last part is bullshit))
"Oh a seasoned soldier, eh? Glad to have you on the team, Buck. I may actually have some competition now."
Breaker of fortune cookies

By the holy pasta, we've already lost someone! I struggle to keep my cool, somehow managing to stay calm. I knew this mission wasn't going to go well...I'm not sure I'll make it through, but by His noodles I'll try and make sure somebody does. Suddenly, Lemons calls me over the radio.

"Sorry, but I'm not too specced out for fighting in this tub. You should probably try to poach someone armed with more than a laser pointer..."

I leave unsaid the mission that Maluk gave me- we're still in comm range of the Nemesis and it wouldn't do to have SCAMPS finding out, from what the man told me. Once we're out of easy comm range I'll let the squad know, and we can go from there.

I continue flying along with the squad towards the nacelle, taking up the rearguard. If the enemy ship attempts an attack run, I try to evade. If evasion is unfeasible or doesn't work, I fire at it with my laser.

"Lemons, we have our own stuff to deal with, thank you very much."

I quickly follow Frank to behind the next ridge towards our goal (( bottom right of H9)).
When shot at, I dodge by using my PSI to make my ship do an evasive spinny thingy.
If we didn't manage to shake off the fighter, I fire a bubble and direct it towards the the fighter, while shouting "BUBBLES!"
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:28 am
"We never stopped going, Bob, what are you talking about?"

(( Cha0zz, reality isn't turn based :P ))
"Heh?"
"Oh, you're right"
"Bob forgot he was moving"
*apologetic grin*

Continue following Frank
Use my turreted particle gun to shoot at an enemy if they should come in range.
When we find a hideout, turn around and take a shot at the nearest enemy with my mounted laser.

Protect Frank at all cost

((not true, the turns are just extremely short.
In all seriousness, I didn't read the update too good and thought that we were standing still))
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Fly with Lemons and Brom to the top of the ridge. Stop short of the top if Brom does too.
if I have reason to believe that my squadmates at the top of the ridge have detected enemies and are going in for an attack
-Use the ridge as cover
-Fire once on an enemy ship with the MFM
otherwise if no enemies are detected
-Fly towards J-5
-if enemies are detected, shoot one of them once with the MFM, try and stay close to my squadmates
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fly behind lemons and stop short of the top of the ridge (to give Lemons time to look over and Buck time to catch up.)
((Hint hint, Hapchazzard. :P))

If Lemons sees enemies,
Hold position behind the top of the ridge.
"Squad, we've got hostiles ahead. I'd like for us to hold back to give us time to plan our next move.
Just stay put for the moment, and keep your eyes out for my jealous admirers. If you see any, open fire; I'd rather not deal with them right now."
If any enemies approach while we wait, fire once on one of them (preferably one that the others are not yet targeting), and begin evasive maneuvers (without going over the ridge.)

If Lemons does not detect enemies,
cautiously continue over the ridge with the rest of the squad, and begin making my way to the center of J-5.
Should anyone detect enemies while flying to J-5, inform the rest of the squad and fire once on one of the opposing ships.
Begin evasive maneuvers to avoid getting shot, and continue to fly towards J-5.
Last edited by Hema on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

"Wait... Miranda is down?" I never even got to know her even slightly... I have no idea who she is, I have no idea... "Brom, is there any possible way that we can recover Miranda's corpse? I understand that she is dead and there are hostiles all over, but it seems wrong to just leave her there."

Continue to follow Brom.

If Brom opens fire on any hostiles,
- aim at the hostiles.

- If Brom does not destroy all hostiles,
- - fire once on any un-targeted hostiles

- If there are no un-targeted hostiles, yet there are still hostiles,
- - fire once at any un-damaged hostile.

Remain near Brom. Do not wander off in pursuit of any hostiles.

Do not allow the food item "Chicken Ice Cream Burrito" to distract me from the task at hand.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

TURN 2

Map:

Morale
Saoirse: 125/130
Caleb: 110/115
Frank: 80/85
Bob: 95/100
Gearhead: 110/115

Lemons: 50/70
Brom: 80/100
Buck: 80/100
Miles: 80/100

((I considered making everyone a separate post this time, but not enough is happening just yet - you're all doing the exact same things and going to the same places, so there's no sense in expanding the post any larger than is necessary.))

Squad Alpha:
Everyone
Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 pm
"I'll scout over the ridge."

Fly up, close to the ridge, up to the top, and peek over the edge to look at the colony.
Report on what I spot.
If fired upon, spotted, or otherwise threatened, move back to safety behind the ridge.
If no hostiles are spotted, move forward with the squad behind Brom.
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:04 am
Fly with Lemons and Brom to the top of the ridge. Stop short of the top if Brom does too.
if I have reason to believe that my squadmates at the top of the ridge have detected enemies and are going in for an attack
-Use the ridge as cover
-Fire once on an enemy ship with the MFM
otherwise if no enemies are detected
-Fly towards J-5
-if enemies are detected, shoot one of them once with the MFM, try and stay close to my squadmates
Hema wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:10 pm
Fly behind lemons and stop short of the top of the ridge (to give Lemons time to look over and Buck time to catch up.)
((Hint hint, Hapchazzard. :P))

If Lemons sees enemies,
Hold position behind the top of the ridge.
"Squad, we've got hostiles ahead. I'd like for us to hold back to give us time to plan our next move.
Just stay put for the moment, and keep your eyes out for my jealous admirers. If you see any, open fire; I'd rather not deal with them right now."
If any enemies approach while we wait, fire once on one of them (preferably one that the others are not yet targeting), and begin evasive maneuvers (without going over the ridge.)

If Lemons does not detect enemies,
cautiously continue over the ridge with the rest of the squad, and begin making my way to the center of J-5.
Should anyone detect enemies while flying to J-5, inform the rest of the squad and fire once on one of the opposing ships.
Begin evasive maneuvers to avoid getting shot, and continue to fly towards J-5.
Detritus wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:53 pm
"Wait... Miranda is down?" I never even got to know her even slightly... I have no idea who she is, I have no idea... "Brom, is there any possible way that we can recover Miranda's corpse? I understand that she is dead and there are hostiles all over, but it seems wrong to just leave her there."

Continue to follow Brom.

If Brom opens fire on any hostiles,
- aim at the hostiles.

- If Brom does not destroy all hostiles,
- - fire once on any un-targeted hostiles

- If there are no un-targeted hostiles, yet there are still hostiles,
- - fire once at any un-damaged hostile.

Remain near Brom. Do not wander off in pursuit of any hostiles.

Do not allow the food item "Chicken Ice Cream Burrito" to distract me from the task at hand.
After discussing it briefly, Alpha comes up with a plan: Lemons will fly to the top of the northern ridge and scout out any enemy positions. If spotted, he'll duck back out of sight. Everyone else thinks it's a good idea. Meanwhile, something has been bugging Miles, and he decides to voice his concerns. "Brom, is there any possible way that we can recover Miranda's corpse?" he asks. "I understand that she is dead and there are hostiles all over, but it seems wrong to just leave her there." Brom doesn't answer, so Miles decides to ask again later, when Brom is actually paying attention.

After Buck arrives, the group assembles and begins to put their plan into action. As cautiously as possible, Lemons takes his CASKET and moves it just above the lip of the ridge, trying to stay low - and quickly spots a group of four hiltorel ships patrolling the colony. They don't appear to be nearly as well-equipped as the ones that originally attacked after the squad left the Nemesis, but they look menacing none the less. Lemons quickly describes the situation to his allies, and they all agree that things are already looking pretty grim.

Naturally, things take a turn from bad to worse. Lemons is absolutely terrible at stealth and the enemies notice him immediately, making a beeline for your position. "Guys, they've spotted me!" Lemons radios back, quickly maneuvering his ship to duck back behind the ridge. It's too late, of course - the enemies are definitely on their way and will be reach you at any second.

"Squad, we've got hostiles ahead," Brom announces. Everyone already knows at this point. "I'd like for us to hold back to give us time to plan our next move. Just stay put for the moment, and keep your eyes out for my jealous admirers. If you see any, open fire; I'd rather not deal with them right now."

Squad Beta:
Everyone
F4wk35 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Dead? Already?? Dead??!

"Bu- but...Lass didn't even last for most of 2 minutes!! No way we ca- can take them head-on! Not even one!"

Rush over to the border between H9 and I9
Find and use a hideout
If the hiltorel craft flies by, looks into the hideout or is engaged in battle with people from Beta.
-fly out and hit it with the microwave manipulator.
-find and use cover nearby to get at least some protection from their weapons.
cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm
By the holy pasta, we've already lost someone! I struggle to keep my cool, somehow managing to stay calm. I knew this mission wasn't going to go well...I'm not sure I'll make it through, but by His noodles I'll try and make sure somebody does. Suddenly, Lemons calls me over the radio.

"Sorry, but I'm not too specced out for fighting in this tub. You should probably try to poach someone armed with more than a laser pointer..."

I leave unsaid the mission that Maluk gave me- we're still in comm range of the Nemesis and it wouldn't do to have SCAMPS finding out, from what the man told me. Once we're out of easy comm range I'll let the squad know, and we can go from there.

I continue flying along with the squad towards the nacelle, taking up the rearguard. If the enemy ship attempts an attack run, I try to evade. If evasion is unfeasible or doesn't work, I fire at it with my laser.
Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:37 am
"Lemons, we have our own stuff to deal with, thank you very much."

I quickly follow Frank to behind the next ridge towards our goal (( bottom right of H9)).
When shot at, I dodge by using my PSI to make my ship do an evasive spinny thingy.
If we didn't manage to shake off the fighter, I fire a bubble and direct it towards the the fighter, while shouting "BUBBLES!"
Cha0zz wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:17 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:28 am
"We never stopped going, Bob, what are you talking about?"

(( Cha0zz, reality isn't turn based :P ))
"Heh?"
"Oh, you're right"
"Bob forgot he was moving"
*apologetic grin*

Continue following Frank
Use my turreted particle gun to shoot at an enemy if they should come in range.
When we find a hideout, turn around and take a shot at the nearest enemy with my mounted laser.

Protect Frank at all cost

((not true, the turns are just extremely short.
In all seriousness, I didn't read the update too good and thought that we were standing still))
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:18 am
get over the ridge towards the lower right corner of H9
if the pursuing fighter gets in range give it a poke with the forceps laser
continue towards the nacelle
While Alpha is in the middle of tactical deliberations, Beta Squad doesn't have the luxury for that. Alpha left them in the dust, after all, with an enemy hot on their tail - and it's all they can do to evade and hope that somehow they manage to escape.

Frank leads this tactical withdrawal - but the wrong direction: directly into enemy territory. He's terrified out of his mind and hoping for some kind of hideaway he can use to keep himself safe - but things aren't quite what he bargained for beyond the next ridge. There, far in the distance, lies the nacelle, sitting at the base of an enormous ridge. Little ships and odds and ends lay clustered about it. You can't make out any figures; it's much too far away - but it seems they've spotted you. A group of fighters hastily rises from the ground, headed in the directon of your squad.

As the rearguard, Caleb is at least able to observe that you lost your pursuer somewhere in the maze of cliffs. With the rear safe, he falls in with everyone else, just in time to see Bob fire up his laser and take a shot against the enemies four kilometers distant. Unfortunately, according to your long-range cameras, the shot entirely misses; the three scavenger fighters gain altitude and quickly begin closing in on your position.

Everyone
Cho comes on the comms again, but this time, you hardly understand her through all the static. "Beta, you're reaching the edge of my limits, so I'm going to tell you everything you need to know right now," she informs you. "You'll find the nacelle hooks right above the aux slots - and don't worry about using them! Our engineers made them really simple to use - you're supposed to knock off the caps, press the ends firmly against the ship's hull, and then squeeze both grip points until they snap shut. After that you need to hold it in place for thirty seconds so it welds on really tight - otherwise it might come loose when we try to catch it. The Nemesis will come and pick it up before we leave, so you don't have to worry about bringing it back!"

"To Alpha: You have an enemy fighter approaching you from the southwest and I'm not entirely confident you'll be able to take it alone! You may need assistance from Beta if they can get to you in time, but... well, from their CASKET cams, it seems like they may be in a little bit of a situation of their own." She laughs nervously. "When you get a little farther north, get in touch with Anabais - tell her the reinforcements are delayed because the hiltorel are flanking us. After you clear out the enemies, she'll give you her scouting maps so you can close in on the objective - but you may have to ask for them."

"And, before it's too late to add," Cho finishes, barely audible at this point, "SCAMPS says that the doctors have managed to pull someone else out of cryo. We'll need to brief them first, but we'll send them out as soon as the skies are clear. Hang in there, guys! I'll try to help more if you come back in range, but be careful out there!!"
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

To Cho: "Wait lady, you're sayin' the four of us couldn't take on just one of these fighters and win? What kind o' god damn fighter is that?"

To my squad: "Well, we need to think quick fellas. Them aliens up north probably know where we are now. I say we fly east and then north, try n' shake off this asshole on our tail and confuse the aliens, I've heard they aren't very bright. By the looks of it we can't take 'em head on. I mean, maybe with me we could, but I don't want to take no chances and risk yer lives."
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now