Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#572
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 pm
"Caleb... mannerisms and muted accent could indicate Dashta, but are outdated by almost half a century... most curious. Now, let us see..."
I look closer at the figure. This guy knows way too much about us for my liking. He knows our individual histories, or can at least figure them out with seeming ease, and he can tell our physical conditions- even the headache I'd almost forgotten about- just from observation. I get the distinct feeling that we're dealing with something on a level far above us...definitely above our level of understanding. What the hell has the capability to do all of this?!
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm
Gearhead enters only moments later. "What are you children doing in here...?" he asks, wiping his gloves off on his spacesuit. "I just saw Bob run out in a panic, but got nothing what would indicate a fight." At that, he spots the mysterious figure in the middle of the larger room. "Oh, some pro-xeno traitor with some basic internal rebreather gear. Back in my days, we shot those on sight; seems like those decades in the freezer carried me across humanity getting soft."
I turn to Gearhead, giving him a skeptical look.
"If you'd been here a couple of minutes ago, you'd see this isn't some ordinary 'pro-xeno traitor,' Gearhead."
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 pm
The sharp, angry hissing instantly turns into a sharper, angrier explosion as something splinters into heavy fragments like shrapnel, crushing through Bob's faceplate and nearly blinding him as he trips over backwards, shouting as he falls into the room. He is still not fully aware that his faceplate is cracked open, only that his face feels like it's burning.
The figure turns away from Bob writhing on the floor, seemingly disinterested. He sets the little item down once more on the crate, and glances at Saoirse. "I did say it would be unwise to approach," he says impassively. "The dullard did not listen." After saying this, he simply watches them.
"Shit! Bob, you okay?" I keep a careful eye on the mysterious figure and move over to help check on Bob, offering Saoirse some painkillers and coagulant boosters to use on him.
"Here, these might help him."
Afterwards, I turn back towards the figure and accuse him angrily. "What did you do to him?!"
If the mysterious figure becomes hostile (or if any other hostile arrives) I run to the nearest cover that will protect me from them and fire at them a maximum of three times with my electrorifle, making sure to duck back into cover afterwards.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#573
"Bob! Boy! What are you doing now!? Everytime i lose sight of you you get into trouble! C'mere, we have to go to my ship to get materials to fix your helmet."
fetch the repair/medkits from my ship
if possible without risking Bob asphyxiating, get the worst wounds in his face patched. So he doesnt bleed into his eyes (( :V ))
patch up Bob's helmet, if available with something transparent
go back to the group , taking my medic and repair equipment with me

if attacked, do some creative face frying up to three times
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#575
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 pm
"Bob! Boy! What are you doing now!? Everytime i lose sight of you you get into trouble! C'mere, we have to go to my ship to get materials to fix your helmet."
fetch the repair/medkits from my ship
if possible without risking Bob asphyxiating, get the worst wounds in his face patched. So he doesnt bleed into his eyes (( :V ))
patch up Bob's helmet, if available with something transparent
go back to the group , taking my medic and repair equipment with me

if attacked, do some creative face frying up to three times
Sorry Mr. Gearhead Sir, wall is biting Bob.
Wall is mean wall.

*pondering*
Maybe Bob should kill wall?
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#576
TURN 17


Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Image


Squad Alpha:
Inside the grav plant
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:12 pm
Hema wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:40 am
Shout: "WHAT THE FUKC ARE THEM SCARY GREEN THINGS!? Only a damn squid could have something like that as a pet! WHAT THE HELL ARE Y'ALL WAITIN' FOR!? SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT!"
"They're ugly, that's what they are. Clearly they weren't expecting guests or they would have cleaned them up a bit.
We're going to make a tactical retreat to get outside the airshield. Guns up, Gene, we'll shoot as we go. We'll focus fire on the closest one until it goes down.
Frank, Vynka, that's enough fiddling around with our buckets of indiscriminate death! I want you two to meet us outside the airshield; we've got company.
Buck, how soon can you fire your grav gun?"
"I TOLD Y'ALL WE SHOULD'A JUST HAVE NUKED THIS DAMN PLACE!"
Buck bolts for the door and doesn't respond to your question


Quickly sheathe (or whatever the term is) my gravgun
if I am unable to do so quickly
-Just put it down on the floor (try not to break it)
Unsheathe my baton
Run as fast as I can towards the exit door, occasionally turning my head to see if a scary green thing is attacking me
if at any point a scary green thing comes too close
-Swat the scary green thing with the baton (do not repeat this action more times than I am allowed without getting a penalty)
Exit the building
Hema wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:30 am
F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:58 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:46 am
"They're ugly, that's what they are. Clearly they weren't expecting guests or they would have cleaned them up a bit.
We're going to make a tactical retreat to get outside the airshield. Guns up, Gene, we'll shoot as we go. We'll focus fire on the closest one until it goes down.
Frank, Vynka, that's enough fiddling around with our buckets of indiscriminate death! I want you two to meet us outside the airshield; we've got company.
Buck, how soon can you fire your grav gun?"
"Great! Now and if you'd graciously tell us what we're supposed to expect..."

"Giant winged lizards, and ugly ones at that! We've got a total of four of them on our hands at the moment.
They squids obviously selected these creatures because they themselves wouldn't be able to resist my charm.

With no suggestions, it is time for final orders.
Frank and Vynka, you know the drill, just get here as soon as possible. If you have the chance to shoot one of the creatures without endangering yourselves, then by all means, take it.
Buck, if you need time to charge your gun, then there's no need for you to stick around and fight.

((Detailed orders for Gene in case TNH isn't able to post. He should not fire more than three times in total on this turn, and he should be moving to leave the building at all times.))
Gene, you and I will fend off hostiles as we exit the building. Use your machine pistol and target the nearest enemy. If we're able to take it out quickly, Then I want you to try and take out the next closest. Don't overdo it, and above all keep moving towards the exit. If by some miracle we've managed to eliminate two enemies without expending more than a couple shots each, then you're to target a third (unless we've by that point we've left the building.)"

Begin moving towards the exit with the intent of leaving the building.
As I move, keep my shield up and attempt to take out the nearest hostile with my pistol.
If it goes down before I've fired a total of 4 shots, attempt to kill the next closest creature.
Repeat this for the third closest if the second goes down before I've fired 4 shots.
If I pass through the airshield before firing four shots, reload my pistol and examine any injuries I might have sustained while fighting, and look for controls that might be around the entrance.
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 am
I grab a roll of duct tape from the repair kit and check my equipment.
Assault rifle, loaded. Lasgun, cool. First aid kit, obviated by duct tape, but present anyway.
I move toward the east entrance and cover to the port side of Brom's CASKET, looking at the airshield.
I draw my assault rifle and aim it.
If my allies are clear of my line of fire and the foes are visible before me:
-I fire a maximum of three times with the assault rifle upon the closest enemy.
If there is nothing rushing me and I have fired the rifle:
-I reload my assault rifle.
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:37 am
"In case they can't breathe the local atmosphere...wouldn't it be a good idea to disable the airshield?"

Take my stuff and get out of the CASKET.
Take cover behind it.
Load a sharp bolt into the crossbow and take aim on the right exit where my teammates are going to emerge.
Shoot the first armed hostile or beastly abomination ((Not-Boarbear)) with said sharp bolt.
Relocate to cover behind the center CASKET and reload another sharp bolt.
Check behind us in case the Squid try to backstab us.
Shoot the next armed hostile or beastly abomination with the second sharp bolt (regardless of wether they emerge through the left or the right entrance)
If enemies appear behind us
-Warn the team and get into cover.
"WHAT THE FUKC ARE THOSE SCARY GREEN THINGS?!" Buck shouts, switching rapidly to his plasma baton and putting away his gravity weapon.

Brom is already backing up, hiding behind the riot shield. "They're ugly, that's what they are," he says in disgust. "Tactical retreat! We need to get outside the airshield!" He quickly backs past Buck, firing his pistol in the general direction of the fleet-footed monsters.

Buck doesn't even hear him. "I TOLD Y'ALL WE SHOULDA JUST HAVE NUKED THIS DAMN PLACE!" he shouts, swinging his baton and landing it with a CRACK on the outstretched muzzle of one of the beasts, just as it leaps toward him. Buck is barely able to step out of the way in time before the creature tumbles to the ground, screeching and roaring; the side of its face is charred black and on fire, and it's gone wild, scrambling for the ceiling - but the other ones behind it are undeterred.

Gene looses a spray of bullets from his machine pistol, but trips over a loose stone as he backs away from the one running along the wall to his left; his aim goes wide. "COME ON!" Brom shouts, firing his pistol at the one Buck just attacked - unfortunately his aim is off, and he manages to graze Buck in the leg with a round. "DAMN IT, WHAT THE FUKC!" Buck shouts, clutching at his thigh as he starts a mad dash for the door. "WATCH WHERE YA AIM THAT THING!"

"My aim is fine!" Brom shouts back at him. "I had the perfect shot, but you ruined it by getting in the way!"

Behind them, Gene is continuing to back towards the door, distracted. His hands are shaking as he tries to reload his weapon; his eyes dart between the green, pterodactyl-lizard-things. This was absolutely not something that ever happened to him in the military - especially not as he was only an electronic warfare specialist. As he watches, one of the monsters leaps to the floor and dashes toward Buck, screeching and snarling - Brom manages to hold it off with a well-aimed pistol shot to the shoulder that gives it pause - another one leaps at Brom himself, screaming as it dashes its claws against the shield, trying to either knock it down or get around it. Brom gives the shield a hard shove that sends the creature sprawling - and at that moment, one of them, having circumnavigated the far edge of the pool - leaps down at Gene, knocking him over and leaving a deep row of gashes on the right side of his chest.

"HELP!" Gene shouts. His voice devolves into a crazed warcry as he fires his machine pistol wildly, trying to scare the creature off of him; two of the stray rounds hit Brom in the back. As Buck flees out the door, Brom bashes the beast with his shield, shoots it in the head (only a graze), pulls Gene to his feet, and thrusts him out the door. The same beast he just shot leaps back at him, but Brom is already on his way out.

~~~

Frank and Vynkor take up positions outside the door, ready to shoot anything that comes in sight. After a good deal of yelling (and the sound of many gunshots), Buck emerges, limping; Gene soon stumbles out after him, with Brom in the rear, shield still up to protect him.

As soon as their squadmates are out of the way, Frank and Vynkor fire shots - one from a crossbow, the other from an assault rifle - through the airshield, managing to land several hits on two of the nearest creatures. The monsters make a hasty retreat from the entrance, back into the building. They don't seem willing to come outside - or, perhaps, they've been trained not to.

"Fukc" is on the lips of more than one of the squadmates as they take stock of their injuries. Buck has a bullet wound on the outside of his upper thigh - somehow not any more than that, but it's a nasty one from Brom's high-caliber round. Brom got two bullets from the machine pistol through the upper chest, thankfully above the lungs, and Gene is bleeding from a set of slashes on his own chest that made it down to the ribcage.




Squad Beta:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cha0zz wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:51 am
Run back to Saoirse yelling that the wall bit me.
If someone tries to help, let them help me and clutch Jimmy tightly.
Once I'm helped stay close to Soairse, give the wall suspicious looks.

If someone attacks, yell and smash them with my crowbar (as many times as my strength allows).
outlander wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:13 am
"Oh, by FSM's tender mercy. What the Hell?"

Help Bob to get back on his feet, and help him to get to Gearhead for help & repairs.

This isn't going to end well.

Turn back to face the strange figure.
IF attacked,
evade
AND use my electric and gravity amps to the limit of my abilities.
Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:49 am
"C'mon Bob, stay out of trouble for 5 minutes, will ya?"
I put away my bagpipes and check out what's wrong with Bob. Noticing his cracked faceplate, I quickly take the Hiltorel airshield belt out of my backpack (the one with the broken grav part), clasp it around his waist and turn it on.
I also take the meds from Caleb, and administer them to Bob if it seems like they would help, otherwise I give them back. (( didn't Bob get anti pain and coagulants already a bit ago? Shouldn't those still work? ))
If the airshield works, I carefully take of his helm if I can do so without hurting him.
Then I check what got on his face - if it's splinters or something I ask Gearhead to take care of him, me having two right hands and all that.
If it's some kind of biting fluid or dust or something, I ask Bob to close his mouth and eyes and rinse it off as much as possible with some water from my drink bottle.
Then I give him his helm back.
After all that, I take out Spoon again and observe weird dood.
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 pm
"Caleb... mannerisms and muted accent could indicate Dashta, but are outdated by almost half a century... most curious. Now, let us see..."
I look closer at the figure. This guy knows way too much about us for my liking. He knows our individual histories, or can at least figure them out with seeming ease, and he can tell our physical conditions- even the headache I'd almost forgotten about- just from observation. I get the distinct feeling that we're dealing with something on a level far above us...definitely above our level of understanding. What the hell has the capability to do all of this?!
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm
Gearhead enters only moments later. "What are you children doing in here...?" he asks, wiping his gloves off on his spacesuit. "I just saw Bob run out in a panic, but got nothing what would indicate a fight." At that, he spots the mysterious figure in the middle of the larger room. "Oh, some pro-xeno traitor with some basic internal rebreather gear. Back in my days, we shot those on sight; seems like those decades in the freezer carried me across humanity getting soft."
I turn to Gearhead, giving him a skeptical look.
"If you'd been here a couple of minutes ago, you'd see this isn't some ordinary 'pro-xeno traitor,' Gearhead."
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:50 pm
The sharp, angry hissing instantly turns into a sharper, angrier explosion as something splinters into heavy fragments like shrapnel, crushing through Bob's faceplate and nearly blinding him as he trips over backwards, shouting as he falls into the room. He is still not fully aware that his faceplate is cracked open, only that his face feels like it's burning.
The figure turns away from Bob writhing on the floor, seemingly disinterested. He sets the little item down once more on the crate, and glances at Saoirse. "I did say it would be unwise to approach," he says impassively. "The dullard did not listen." After saying this, he simply watches them.
"Shit! Bob, you okay?" I keep a careful eye on the mysterious figure and move over to help check on Bob, offering Saoirse some painkillers and coagulant boosters to use on him.
"Here, these might help him."
Afterwards, I turn back towards the figure and accuse him angrily. "What did you do to him?!"
If the mysterious figure becomes hostile (or if any other hostile arrives) I run to the nearest cover that will protect me from them and fire at them a maximum of three times with my electrorifle, making sure to duck back into cover afterwards.
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 pm
"Bob! Boy! What are you doing now!? Everytime i lose sight of you you get into trouble! C'mere, we have to go to my ship to get materials to fix your helmet."
fetch the repair/medkits from my ship
if possible without risking Bob asphyxiating, get the worst wounds in his face patched. So he doesnt bleed into his eyes (( :V ))
patch up Bob's helmet, if available with something transparent
go back to the group , taking my medic and repair equipment with me

if attacked, do some creative face frying up to three times
Previously: Wall bites Bob. Bob falls, hurt.
"Oh, by FSM's tender mercy!" Ishmael cries. "What the hell?"

"Shit! Bob, are you okay?" Caleb asks, wary of approaching. Ishmael, on the other hand, starts to approach Bob, but Bob is already scrambling clumsily to his feet, and then stomps hurriedly back towards Saoirse and the others. "SAOIRSE-BOSS!" he yells. "WALL BIT BOB! WALL BIT BOB, SAOIRSE-BOSS!"

"C'mon, Bob," Saoirse sighs. "Stay out of trouble for five minutes, will ya?" Thinking quickly, she removes her backpack as the bagpipes puts themselves away ((quickdraw slot!!)), and takes out the hiltorel life belt she had stored there earlier. Meanwhile, Gearhead admonishes the gentle giant. "Boy! What are you doing now?! Every time I lose sight of you you get into trouble! ...I have to go back to my ship to get materials to fix your helmet." With that, Gearhead leaves, while Saoirse puts the belt around Bob's waist. It's a bit of a snug fit, but she gets it on him with a little effort. During this, Bob is starting to realize he's short on oxygen and is starting to feel dizzy. "Bob-boss doesn't feel so good," he mumbles. Saoirse assures him it'll be okay. She just has to get the belt working... if she can figure out how.

"Here," Caleb says, offering Saoirse some more syringes. "These may help him."

Saoirse waves them away distractedly, studying the belt around Bob's waist. "Didn't he receive those just a little earlier? They ought to still be working." She turns back away from him and continues to think. She's flipped open the little control panel on the belt and is trying to figure out how to start the shield. They're labeled with simplified images and markings similar to shorthand scrawls - hiltorel script. She can't read it, but, with her knowledge of hiltorel, soon figures it out and presses the appropriate button. The only visible change is that the air around her and Bob shimmers slightly, as the new bubble within the airshield fills with breathable air. Bob, clutching Jimmy tightly, takes a deep breath of the cold air rushing into the gap in his helmet, and the alarms in his suit subside.

"Better now, Saoirse-boss," he says, grinning. Thanks to the coagulant boosters, his face hasn't bled much, and the painkillers have kept him from being in any great agony beyond the initial hurt from the explosion.

Gearhead now returns with his kit, and, working through the hole in Bob's helmet, puts some salve on what appears to be some kind of burn on Bob's face, and quickly patches over what cuts there are. Bob does not hold still. Gearhead grimaces at this, and Bob notices. "Sorry, Mr. Gearhead Sir. Wall bit bob. ...Wall is mean wall." Gearhead says nothing, only grimacing further. Bob trying to talk only exacerbates the difficulties in getting his face patched. As he finishes up, Bob ponders. "Maybe Bob should bite wall...?"


Meanwhile, Caleb has already long since stopped paying attention to these proceedings and is keeping his electrorifle trained steadily on the individual that he is quite certain caused the harm that befell his squadmate. "What did you do to him?" he calls out, angry and accusing.

"I did warn him," the figure points out, by way of answer. He has been idly watching the group the entire time that the whole biting-wall fiasco has been ongoing. Now, as that same fiasco is drawing to a close, and the inmates are becoming more still, he muses quietly before them, "I gather now... someone betrayed your ship." It is stated without question. "Someone that is themselves an anomaly... one far easier to understand. Extrapolating... I have my explanation for this anomaly, and the others. An aberrant explanation, to be sure... but I can still utilize it, and you. In any case, the observation has terminated."

At that moment, the figure begins to come apart, starting at the legs, bits and pieces flinging themselves outwards into the air and dissolving into a rapidly dissipating mist. "A bit of advice," he says, as his arms begin the same. "The red path is the longest. You will understand, soon."

The group of inmates watch silently as the remainder of the mysterious figure comes apart and disappears.

Bob hugs Jimmy tightly.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#577
"Your accuracy is impressive, Gene. It's almost as if you were trained to shoot cross-eyed!
If you didn't help take out those turrets earlier, I might consider sending you to help the Hiltorel as you might do more damage to them that way!
And Buck! Buck... You preformed magnificently as a bullet sponge, but you absorbed the wrong bullets!
Frank! Vynka! I sure hope you brought your medkits and duct tape because we've got wounded!"
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#578
"Damn! Learn to aim with that gun o' yers, for fukcs sake! I was doin' fine fightin' them scary green things with my baton until you shot me in the damn leg!"

Regains breath

"Okay... Damn... How the heck are we supposed to kill them things!? Them green fukcers just won't die, no matter how many bullets ya put in 'em! If only I had a flamethrower... Wait, anyone got a piece o' jerky or somethin'? Maybe we can distract 'em with it - maybe they're just hungry!"
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#580
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:46 pm
"If you stick Frank up an engine nozzle you can make him into jerky." I look at the three and raise an eyebrow. "So you're shooting each other, now?"
*sarcastic*
"Oh how very charming you are today! You know what? While I'm taking a comfortable seat in a nearby engine, you can go over there and stick very close to the rest of this squad! Wouldn't want you to get hurt, now would we?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#583
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:50 pm
"Okay... Damn... How the heck are we supposed to kill them things!? Them green fukcers just won't die, no matter how many bullets ya put in 'em! If only I had a flamethrower... Wait, anyone got a piece o' jerky or somethin'? Maybe we can distract 'em with it - maybe they're just hungry!"
"Well we could start by not walking into our allies line of fire now couldn't we? That might help somewhat.
And you're right; they might just be hungry. All we have to do is sacrifice one of our limbs and start giving handouts.
Who want to go first? We don't have any food with u- come to think of it, we do have some meat at our disposal...
Calamari anyone?

In case that plan fails, we'll need a backup.
I vote we go in together. Vynka, you can try out your lasgun as they might have a harder time dealing with lasers.
I'll continue using my pistol and Gene can switch to his shotgun. If they retreat, the Buck can blow them all to hell with his grav gun provided it's had time to recharge.
If anyone thinks they have a better idea, I'd like to hear it."
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron