Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#601
By Lord's tender mercies...

VERY CAUTIOUSLY creep along the wall towards the entry into the passage that goes left.
Glance towards the passage on the right periodically to check it for enemies an' stuff.
Once I'm at the corner,
take a cautious peek at what's in the left passage.
Retreat towards the exit.

IF I spot an enemy,
retreat towards the exit
and take cover.
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#602
I go to Brom and tend his wounds, using duct tape as appropriate.
I then retreat to cover behind his CASKET once more, and aim my lasgun at the east entrance.
After Brom has thrown the bits into the complex, entered, and gotten out of the way, I fire upon the nearest lizards with my lasgun, spreading three shots between them and being very careful not to shoot Brom in the back (or in any other place).
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#604
Go back to the wall and ask it why it bit me.
if it does not respond, give it a kick and walk back to my ship
If I'm at my ship, take the hooks and bring them to Saoirse.
"Here you go Saoirse boss and wall will no longer bite bob, bob made sure of that!"
Defend myself if needed (do not exceed attack limit)
Last edited by Cha0zz on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#607
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:29 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am
"Errrrr...
Have I missed something in the last 4 years of cryo or was that extremely weird?
I shake my head in bemusement. "No, I'm sure that was pretty damn weird...Gives me a bad feeling..."
"Same... I didn't think tech like that even existed. And how the hell did he induce all that? That the Nemesis was betrayed from how we treated Bob?
I doubt it's the last we've seen of that guy, given the interest he's taking in us. I hope he's friendly... but wouldn't count on it, knowing our luck."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#608
((i'll just pretend like i speedread/listened through the logs of the interactions with m-fig or someone explained it to me, i cant be assed to RP the information exchange of what i already know in RL))
"well... that was ... something. I'll skip asking who that guy was and just go to what he is?"
"did he move something that's still here and touchable? was there actually something there or was he just a fancy holographic or nanodust projection?"
"the logs make him look like he is just the ... avatar of someone/something else, probably not the hiltorel. Gives me a fair feeling of just being some interaction construct of some lesser godling. Or just plainly crazy. *chuckles*"
"maybe those nutcases back home who said that there have to be some higher intelligences who are just not detectable by us anymore arent that wrong. The likes of SCAMPS but with more useful hardware between the wetware and weird AM and warp tech"

"also, werent we supposed to get some box from the nacelle? do we have that thing?"
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#610
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:44 am
((i'll just pretend like i speedread/listened through the logs of the interactions with m-fig or someone explained it to me, i cant be assed to RP the information exchange of what i already know in RL))
"well... that was ... something. I'll skip asking who that guy was and just go to what he is?"
"did he move something that's still here and touchable? was there actually something there or was he just a fancy holographic or nanodust projection?"
"the logs make him look like he is just the ... avatar of someone/something else, probably not the hiltorel. Gives me a fair feeling of just being some interaction construct of some lesser godling. Or just plainly crazy. *chuckles*"
"maybe those nutcases back home who said that there have to be some higher intelligences who are just not detectable by us anymore arent that wrong. The likes of SCAMPS but with more useful hardware between the wetware and weird AM and warp tech"

"also, werent we supposed to get some box from the nacelle? do we have that thing?"
"Errr, I don't think he touched anything here, so I don't actually know... maybe it was a projection, or maybe he had access to some really neat tech.
And, no, haven't found it yet. Didn't seem to lie outside so I assume it's somewhere in here."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#615
TURN 18

Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Image
Grav plant status: Extraction not initiated

Nacelle attachment points:

Code: Select all

[x]  [x]  [x]  [ ]
[x]  [x]  [x]  [ ]




Squad Alpha:
Frank
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 am
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:42 pm
"I'd wheeze appreciate a coag shot right about now, Frank. That slash wound cough looks pretty bad, but then again I'm no trained medic." laughs self-deprecatingly
*sarcastic thinking*
For dustbunny's sake! This is getting even better!

"frak it, this is all kinds of too bad! I'll be there in just a moment!"

Hurry over to the three members of Alpha's assault-team and administer each one coagulant booster. (In order: Gene, Brom, Buck).
Patch up Buck's suit.
Load a tranqu-bolt into the Crossbow.
Walk over to where Brom wants to gather his meaty distraction and grab a sufficiently sized bit that's still easy to carry (Arm or leg preferred).
Shoot Buck a meaningfull look with said hiltorel-bit in hands.
If Buck starts nagging again.
-Mock-wave said hiltorel-bit in his direction.
Throw the morsel of hiltorel through the airshield from far enough away to be well outside of not-boarbear grabbing distance.
If a not-boarbear is sighted.
-Observe it until it seems distracted.
-Wait for a chance to shoot where Brom is not in danger of being tranqued.
-Hit it with the tranqu bolt.
-Reload a new tranqu bolt.
Repeat the not-boarbear actions once for when Brom uses his distraction.
But don't shoot the same not-boarbear again.
Get back into cover.
Keep away from the airshield at all times and don't enter the complex
If enemies (armed, hostile Hiltorel and/or not-boarbears) come through the airshield
-frantically take cover beneath the closest CASKET and shoot the tranqus that haven't been shot yet (don't exceed limit of 2 for whole turn)
Everybody's shouting for your attention. Apparently they just got themselves cut to little bits inside the grav plant, while you were out trying to recover your ship. They're shouting about something attacking - something ugly, apparently.

Their wounds sound pretty ugly, too.

"Frak it, this is all kinds of too bad! I'll be there in just a moment!"

You hurry over to the three members of Alpha's "assault team", as you've come to think of it. Gene meets you first, so you give him a coagulant booster - and he won't inject it, so you do it for him, pressing the tip of the syringe into the appropriate port on the front of his suit, and injecting the contents. Next Brom is up - who just got patched up by Vynkor - so you take another coag and shove it into his suit too. He seems to appreciate it. Then you head over to Buck, who has left the others and taken cover near his CASKET. He, too, declines to inject it himself, so you do it for him.

"Hold still now," you tell Buck. He complies. His leg looks a bit nasty, but it's nothing you can't deal with. It's all fairly intuitive to you. Pack gauze, seal suit. pretty straightforward, honestly. You open up the first aid kit fastened to your belt and start working on the wound. It doesn't take long, really - the patch job is perfect and proper - a lot better than Vynkor's hideous abominations of duct tape.

Buck, without offering thanks, heads around to the far side of his CASKET to use it as cover. You head over to where Brom is, thinking to yourself that you deserve a lot more credit for what you're doing. Sure, you busted up your ship and everyone else's, but hey - it's not like you really ruined anything, it'll all still work, right?

Standing up from his work, Brom hands you a piece of the squid. You take it from him and look it over - it's splattered with a good deal of the pale-blue hiltorel blood. Then, on a whim, you wave it at Buck. He shouts at you to get it out of his sight - that he can smell it. You chuckle. "Smell it"? Through a closed helmet? That guy's got issues. You smile, shaking your head, and load your crossbow as you walk over to the airshield doorway beside Brom - who is also holding a piece. You two are the only ones that decided to actually follow through on his plan.

"Ready?" Brom asks. You nod, and together, you toss the squid bits in through the airshield, flinging them as far as you can - they hit some of the rocks near the back and splash into the pool of water. Immediately, two of the creatures rush out of hiding from further inside the building and set upon them, ripping the bits to shreds, chowing down, and generally muddying the formerly-pretty pool with blood.

Brom hefts his riot shield in front of him. "I'm going in to deal with the creatures," he says in a commanding tone. "Watch your aim this time; I don't want more bullet holes." And he walks into the building alone, pistol at the ready.


The next few moments are wild and uncertain; one of the beasts breaks off from ripping up the morsels of flesh to charge Brom, while two more leap off the ceiling and dart toward him, gliding through the air. As Brom fires his pistol, one of them breaks off and flees back into the building - a second and third charge and begin trying to get past his shield. Your first shot with the crossbow fails, so you rapidly reload a second round. Meanwhile, Brom is trying hard to shoot the ones there. Your second tranq bolt manages to hit one of the monsters right in the middle of their scaly sides - so you'd consider that a success. It continues trying to attack for a moment, but then slowly seems to grow lethargic and turns away, trying to trot back into the building.

Brom on the other hand, doesn't seem like he's doing so well. The missing one flies around the corner inside and lands atop some of the tall computer cabinets to Brom's left, rapidly getting into a flanking position to attack: Brom only just barely manages to duck away from its swiping claws.

Quick action is needed if he's going to get out of this one.



Brom
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:45 pm
Approach Frank and Vynka and give them time to treat my injures.
After my wounds are dealt with, walk over to the lower right casket and take out my lasgun.
Using the lasgun, cut off several large pieces (five preferably) of the squid lying under the casket.
Put away my lasgun and pick up one of the piece I've just cut off.
Piece in hand, walk over to the airshield and throw my squid chunk (in the direction of the creatures) to the far wall.
After I've tossed in my squid bits, walk in with my shield and pistol up.
"I'm going in to deal with the creatures. Watch your aim this time; I don't want more bullet holes."
Stepping aside so as not to block the door, shoot one of the attack-capable creatures with my pistol, firing no more than three times (two times if my squid carving took more than one shot.)
Everyone's shouting at each other. Buck's shouting at you, you're shouting at Gene, Gene's shouting at buck, and everyone is shouting at (or for) Frank. Both your in-building comrades are wounded - and you are as well, of course. It's honestly a miracle you're still able to move your arm.

What isn't a miracle: Vynka's healing abilities. She could've gotten anything she wanted to patch you guys up, and you know what she got? Duct tape. After sticking a few pieces of gauze to you, she peels off a long strip off her roll and slaps it against your wound. The stabbing sensation from the impact is so bad you'd like to stab her, but it wouldn't be "fitting" of the great Brom Keegan. You try to make it look like you're shrugging it off, like it's no big deal, but then she slaps on another piece. In a dark, recessed corner of your mind, you begin to imagine stabbing her. It's therapeutic.

When Vynka is done, Frank comes by and stabs you in the chest (more accurately, one of the medical ports on your chest) with a syringe of coagulant boosters. It seems like the idea isn't actually "heal" right now, but more "try to keep you from bleeding all over the place and we'll deal with it later". You're beginning to doubt these people have ever been to medical school.

After your wounds are dealt with, you walk over to where Buck's CASKET is parked, stoop down, and begin cutting up the body underneath with your lasgun. This takes some time, but not as long as you would've expected. It's only about a minute's worth of cutting before you've "burned off" most of its tentacles. Frank has already grabbed one piece - but he's the only one. Nobody else moves to pick any of them up - they've all taken cover behind various CASKETs. You grimace and pick up one of the bloodied bodyparts, carrying it towards the airshield door.

You glance inside. None of the drakedogs are visible. You turn back to Frank, and ask, "Ready?" He nods, and together you throw the squid bits as far inside as you can - they hit the far wall and splash into the little pond below. Immediately, two of the four creatures (likely drawn by the one you threw in particular, because it was a superior throw in every way) rush over to it and begin chowing down.

Hefting your riot shield in front of you, you ready your pistol in your right hand and announce, "I'm going in to deal with the creatures myself. Watch your aim this time; I don't want more bullet holes."


And you step inside, taking a quick step to the left to avoid blocking the door.

As soon as you set foot inside, hell breaks loose. One of the drakedogs leaves the meal you threw it and charges at you, its mouth dripping with watery blue blood. Another rushes at you from around the corner - a third crawls into view on the ceiling and leaps down - and then two of them are upon you. You fire at the foremost with your pistol, just as it crashes into your shield. It roars and gnashes its teeth against the shield - you get the image burned into your brain of its disfigured face, charred and oozing thick blood from where Buck struck it with the plasma baton. As it tries to get around and flank you, you shoot a round into its back, causing it to stagger backwards - someone from behind you follows it up by burning a deep gash through its scaly hide with a lasgun, and it stumbles away, bleeding heavily and wobbling from the blood loss and internal damage as it screams the cry of a wounded animal.

But that's far from being everything going on: the second one attacking you leaps up and tries to climb over your shield, and you're barely able to fend it off, while yet another glides down from around the corner and lands atop the computer equipment to your left. Frank manages to land a tranquilizer bolt in one of them, and it backs away - but the one on the computer cabinets tries to attack you with its claws and teeth. You're forced to duck down away from it; you hear the tips of its claws scraping against your helmet.

The one in the pond is becoming distracted with its meal; you hear more shouting from further within the building as the hiltorel continue giving orders to their charges. You wouldn't be surprised if they showed up soon themselves.

It suddenly hits you: Weren't you supposed to be the air squad? Why did you get this half of the mission?


As it stands, there are still at least three drakedogs trying to kill you, and possibly some hiltorel you won't discover until you peek around the corner. Things look... grim, to say the least.


Buck
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:22 pm
Go towards my ship, but don't enter it
Once I reach it, let Frank give me a coag booster and patch up my suit
Lean onto the hull of my ship, on the side where I'd have at least some cover from the scary green things coming out of the building
Reload the gravgun
if I see Frank wave a squid bit at me
-Make a grossed out face and say "Just throw the damn thing away already, the smell's killin' me!"
if enemies come pouring out of the door
-Discreetly stay in cover behind my ship
if I am attacked
-Bash the attacker with my baton (don't exceed max uses without a penalty)
You and the rest of your comrades are arguing over whose fault it was who shot who. You also loudly voice that there's no way in hell you want to touch that gross, slimy squid Brom says he's going to cut up. You'll leave that to the other guys. Limping, you manage to walk over to your ship and start checking out your leg. It's not as bad as you initially thought it was, but it's still bleeding a lot more than you're comfortable with. As a field manipulation specialist, gory wounds weren't something you had to deal with much. You'd hoped to keep it that way.

After a bit, Frank shows up with a coagulant booster. He shoves the tip of it into one of the medical ports on your suit's chestpiece and injects. You don't really feel any change; it still hurts just as bad. "Hold still now," Frank says, as he opens the first aid kit fastened to his belt. He takes out a bit of gauze and a packet of suit sealant and gets to work fixing up your leg. You try to stand still and let him do it. He finishes up the operation quickly and, thankfully, painlessly: your suit is properly patched. Frank walks back off to check on Brom, who is under your CASKET cutting up the squids.

You don't intend to get back into the fight just yet, though, and walk around to the far side of your ship to use it as cover, leaning up against the side as you check the status display on your gravgun. It's not finished cooling.

"Hey, Buck!" someone says over the comms. You look up over your ship's hull and see Frank waving a bloody hiltorel tentacle in your direction.

You groan and glare at him. "Just throw the damn thing away already, the smell's killin' me!" you shout. You can't honestly smell it, but you can certainly imagine what it would smell like. Rotten seafood, right? That's pretty gross. Frank goes ahead and tosses it inside the building, and Brom follows closely after (walking, of course, not being tossed).

Just then, your gravgun vibrates softly in your hands, and you look down at it to see the panel on the left side light up with green text: "READY"

Looks like you'll get to use it after all.


Vynkor
Spoiler:      SHOW
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:40 pm
I go to Brom and tend his wounds, using duct tape as appropriate.
I then retreat to cover behind his CASKET once more, and aim my lasgun at the east entrance.
After Brom has thrown the bits into the complex, entered, and gotten out of the way, I fire upon the nearest lizards with my lasgun, spreading three shots between them and being very careful not to shoot Brom in the back (or in any other place).
You head over to Broom as he argues with the other members of the crew, and pull out your duct tape, giving him a very generous amount of it (in addition to gauze and bandages or whatever else). You notice you still feel a bit dizzy and fatigued, though. You're still all right. You can tough this out. You're a tough girl. After making sure his wounds are properly taped-over, you send him back off and retreat back behind his CASKET while everyone else does their own shenanigans. Pity you couldn't have taped yourself up as easy as it was to tape up Broom, or you might not be feeling like this.

You shake your head to clear it (which really just makes it worse) and pull out your lasgun, aiming it at the doorway.

After Broom and Frank throw their pieces inside, a couple of the drake-dogs rush out and start chowing down... and Broom announces he's going inside. And orders everyone not to shoot him. Pity, you're sure that there's at least one person in the squad that would've liked to. Broom's ego might need taken down a peg. Or five.


As soon as Broom goes inside, the drakedogs immediately set upon him like he's the new best piece of meat available. You fire your lasgun, coming very close to hitting one. Then, again, and the stream misses completely - you're overcome with a wave of dizziness. Meanwhile, both Broom and Frank are trying to fill them full of holes (or tranquilizers, as is the case with Frank). Brom, firing wildly, manages to hit one - and this time, focusing carefully, you follow it up by burning a deep gash into its scaly hide, which begins bleeding profusely. It stumbles back, hurt and confused - but the others aren't deterred, and the one still distracted by the squidtentacles Frank and Broom threw in there is losing interest in his meal... and looking for fresher meat.

This is going to be tricky.


Gene
Spoiler:      SHOW
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 pm
Once Frank injects a coagulant booster, mutter a 'thank you' to him and start patching up my wound and suit.
Once finished, draw and load my shotgun,
proceed to what's left of my ship,
and take cover behind it.
If I am attacked, shoot the hostile with my shotgun no more than twice.
You were feeling a bit panicked in there. You're lucky you got out in time, and try to calm yourself down by arguing with your comrades for a bit about whose fault it is who shot who. Before long, Frank comes over and sticks a syringe into one of your suit's medical ports - a coagulant booster, apparently. You mutter a half-assed "thank you" to him and start patching up the huge clawmarks ripped into the front of your suit. It burns pretty bad. You're actually not totally sure if they got through to your lungs. You have a cough - what if you start coughing up blood? Your mind runs wild about your rapidly-diminishing chances of survival.

Your hands shaking a bit, you run back to your ship as you try to reload your shotgun - and you suddenly realize what horrible condition your ship is in. The canopy is simply gone - a lot of the controls look at least partially busted, too. There's a huge imprint from a landing leg in front of the cockpit, and another one over on the starboard side. A lot of your thrusters look pretty nasty and the whole CASKET looks crunched down a bit towards the front, exactly as though something heavy landed atop it. It'll fly... maybe. This isn't helping your anxiety at all.

But you're in cover. You're also much farther away from the entrance than anyone else. You should be okay, right?

...And then Brom goes inside. Alone. It's hard to quite make out what's going on from this distance, and with so much in the way, all you can really make out is a lot of screaming and shouting over the comms. You think he might be dead, or close to it. You're not even entirely sure if they even hit anything - although you do hear two gunshots... and then silence.

Things seem grim. You're still fairly close to panicking, but less so than before - probably because you're out of danger. Your ribcage is also hurting pretty badly, which isn't helping things.

((to be clear: you succeeded a saving throw vs panic this turn, which means you'll need another two turns to risk panicking again - so you're safe for the next turn at least))


Squad Beta:
Saoirse
Spoiler:      SHOW
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am
As the last traces of M-Fig disappear, I quickly take out my PDA and try to scan where he's standing/whatever is still remaining of him, hoping to learn how he does that.
If I find anything interesting, I relay it to the rest of the squad.

"Errrrr...
Have I missed something in the last 4 years of cryo or was that extremely weird?
Anyway...
maybe we should attach those hooks before we go in any further and encounter more weirdness?"


"Hey Bob, can you go fetch one of the hooks on your CASKET and bring it to my ship? And take the other one along as well in case someone needs it."
I walk to my ship, and wait for Bob to bring a hook. When he does, I attach it to my CASKET, get in, fly up.
Then I attach a hook to each top corner of the nacelle, using PSI to steer my robotic arms to do so.
(( if successful, that should mean the top is done ))
As the last traces of the mysterious figure disappear, you quickly take out your PDA and try to scan him. Your fingers fly across the surface of the little holoscreen and you manage to switch to the appropriate mode just in time to pick up some traces of various residues: an unknown metal alloy, various anomalous materials, and an abnormal amount of carbon dioxide and, oddly, trioxygen. The alloys are visible on the readout only very briefly; they quickly disappear without showing any signs that they ever existed. Part of you wonders if perhaps it was merely a random error output from your PDA. The PDA does detect a different source of something anomalous nearby the target area, however - but it is faint, as though masked. Perhaps that's what it detected?

"Errrr..." you say, "Have I missed something in the last four years of cryo, or was that extremely weird?"

Beside you, Caleb shakes his head. "No, I'm sure that was pretty damn weird... Gives me a bad feeling..."

After a moment, you shrug and put your PDA back in its holster. "Anyway, maybe we should attach those hooks before we go in any further and encounter more weirdness?"

Caleb turns and starts exiting the nacelle, saying over his shoulder, "Yeah, we should only explore this thing at full strength anyway. I doubt that guy was the last of the surprises the nacelle has in store..."

You watch him go, and then face Bob. "Hey, Bob, can you go fetch one of the hooks on your CASKET and bring it to my ship? And take the other one along as well in case someone needs it."

Bob isn't paying attention. He's talking to the wall. Typical Bob.

"Bob!" you say, a little sharply - just enough to get him to face you.

"Yes Saoirse-boss!" he says, standing to attention. You repeat what you said, and Bob says, "Okay!" and leaves. You follow him out and head to your ship, which is near where you found him back before the incident in the nacelle.

~~~

When Bob returns, he's carrying both of the large hooks over his shoulders. "Here you go, Saoirse-boss!" he calls out triumphantly. "Oh, and wall will no longer bite Bob - Bob made sure of that!"

"Thank you, Bob," you say, taking one of them and attaching it to your CASKET. Then, you get in and fly up to the leftmost corner. Using your superior PSI to help assist your robotic arms, you carefully maneuver it into position, twirl it about just so, and press it up against the metal. It latches on magnetically, and all that's left is drawing back the claw and pressing it against the button. Just like that, you're done: the hook's ends glow brightly as it melts the surface, drawing the tips into the nacelle's metal and bonding with it.

Perfect.

You fly over to the opposite end and do the same: maneuver into position, unhook it, bring it forward, twirl it properly, press it up against the nacelle, all that - but it simply won't activate for one reason or another.

You back up. The hook stays pressed against the nacelle thanks to the powerful electromagnets, but it isn't sealing.

You tap the button again.

No effect.


After a closer inspection, you decide that perhaps the hook is damaged somehow, which implies either A. the universe hates you, B. you're a master of destruction that ruins everything she touches, or C. they were shoddily constructed and thrown together in a hurry, and already broken when you got to it. It's unclear which option is the correct one, though.


"Saoirse-boss!" someone calls over the comms. It's Bob, of course - who else would call you that? "Saoirse-boss! I got you a box! Saoirse-boss said she needed box!"

You turn your CASKET and tilt is enough to look over the edge of the hull - and see Bob trundling toward you a good 25 meters below, a large crate in his hands. Gearhead is following along behind him.


Caleb
Spoiler:      SHOW
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:29 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am
"Errrrr...
Have I missed something in the last 4 years of cryo or was that extremely weird?
I shake my head in bemusement. "No, I'm sure that was pretty damn weird...Gives me a bad feeling..."
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am
Anyway...
maybe we should attach those hooks before we go in any further and encounter more weirdness?"
"I agree. We should only explore this thing at full strength anyway, I doubt that guy was the last of the surprises the nacelle has in store..."

I head out of the nacelle and over to my ship to check on Aloka, making sure she isn't making progress on escaping. Then, if there is still an unused attachment point on the ground portion of the nacelle, I find an unused hook and attach it.
As the last wisps of Mystery Ghost Thing fade into nothingness, Saoirse speaks. "Errrr... Have I missed something in the past four years of cryo, or was that extremely weird?"

You shake your head in bemusement. "Nope, I'm sure that was pretty damn weird... gives me a bad feeling..."

"Anyway," Saoirse says, putting away her PDA, "Maybe we should attach those hooks before we go in any further and encounter more weirdness?"

You agree, and start heading outside, adding over your shoulder, "We should only explore this thing at full strength anyway - I doubt that guy was the last of the surprises the nacelle has in store.


~~~

Back at your CASKET (or what remains of it), you take a peek inside through the canopy window. Aloka is still bound and gagged just as you left her. There's no progress on her escaping, but she definitely seems much less than pleased at her current predicament.

So you walk back to the nacelle and start looking for something to do.

~~~

You find one of the hooks that Gearhead dropped while you were inside with M-Fig. You pick it up. It's a fairly long bar - about two meters across, you'd estimate - and not as heavy as you'd expect, although extremely strong. After looking it over to make sure it isn't damaged, you carry it over to the leftmost portion of the nacelle (it's a bit of a walk). Once there, you find the most solid bit of structural metal you can, press the ends of the }-shaped bar against it (it "latches on" like a magnet), and hit the button in the center. The two ends glow white-hot, melting the metal and welding it firmly to the nacelle.

A job well done. That's one down... still four more to go, unless someone else is taking care of them too.

You step back and look. It looks like two more have already been taken care of - so that just leaves two. That shouldn't take long at all.



Ishmael
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:27 am
By Lord's tender mercies...

VERY CAUTIOUSLY creep along the wall towards the entry into the passage that goes left.
Glance towards the passage on the right periodically to check it for enemies an' stuff.
Once I'm at the corner,
take a cautious peek at what's in the left passage.
Retreat towards the exit.

IF I spot an enemy,
retreat towards the exit
and take cover.
Deciding to pretend that the mysterious figure never appeared, you very cautiously creep along the wall toward the entry into the leftmost passage. You glance over at the right every now and then to see if there are enemies over there. There aren't. In fact, it looks quite dark. There aren't any lights in that portion of the nacelle - or, if there are, they've gone out.

When you reach the corner, you take a careful peek at what's inside the left passage. You see the heads of a couple hiltorel peeking out from behind even more of the huge crates with the same nuclear symbol. It's dim - as dim as the room you just came through, about.

"Stop!"

It's shouted in an accent so thick you can barely understand it.

"You stop!" the speaker shouts again. "Do not come, and we do not shoot!"


Solid advice, you decide, and retreat towards the exit out of nacelle to take cover.


Gearhead
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:17 pm
go outside, pick up and apply the two hooks i dropped earlier (after checking and, if applicable, fixing eventual damages). (Assume some travelling-salesman optimised order for minimised walking and carrying)
After a bit of theorizing on what the enemy could be, you head outside, and start picking up and applying the hooks, in an order that would give you the absolute minimum distance required for walking and carrying. The first one goes on fairly simply - you just hold it against the hull, hit the button, and it does the rest: the two ends glow white-hot and melt it into the nacelle's structure.

When you go to get the other hook, however, you see Caleb has already picked it up. That's certainly convenient.

At this moment, you happen to see Bob carrying a fairly large crate past you - one that you yourself would probably have a great deal of trouble with. Irritated, you rush toward him to try to stop him. "Nononono Bob! Don't just touch random boxes again! You aren't even patched up from last time!"

"Bob will be fine, Bob stronk!" he assures you. You are not assured. You follow him at a distance just in case something goes wrong and he hurts himself somehow (it's not impossible, and he seems like the type to accomplish such a feat), while he tries to tell Saoirse he found her a box. He hefts it above his head - his damaged hand causing him more than a few problems in the process.

"Bob, no!" you shout at him.

Then, you think you hear something... the roar of engines, perhaps, but not coming from Saoirse's CASKET, but... somewhere else. It echoes distantly between the canyon walls, but then fades, leaving you almost wondering if you heard it in the first place.


Bob
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am
Go back to the wall and ask it why it bit me.
if it does not respond, give it a kick and walk back to my ship
If I'm at my ship, take the hooks and bring them to Saoirse.
"Here you go Saoirse boss and wall will no longer bite bob, bob made sure of that!"
Defend myself if needed (do not exceed attack limit)
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:58 am
Wait, we looking for box?
Bob see lots of box.

Bring Saoirse a random box.
You walk over to the wall. "Wall, why you bit Bob?" you ask, making sure to give a stern look of disapproval. It doesn't answer, so you add, "Wall is mean to bite Bob! Not nice!"

The wall is unrepentant. You feel a little disgusted at its arrogance and give it a strong kick. It rattles and creaks in dismay. You shoot it a dirty look, and make a gesture with your hands - "I've got my eyes on you" it says. The wall had better not bite anyone else, or it'll have hell to pay. It's pretending to be just a wall, but you know better of course. Jimmy does too. You hug Jimmy close and leave, going back to your ship for your hooks like Saoirse-boss requested.

~~~

The hooks aren't hard to find. There are two of them on the back of your ship. They're funny things - almost as tall as you are, but not quite. They look like they're made of metal, but they're very lightweight. There's a fun-looking button on one of them too. You ponder whether you should push it........

~~~

You climb the last slope out of the pit where you "parked" your CASKET, and see Saoirse waiting for you next to her ship.

"Here you go, Saoirse-boss!" you say triumphantly, handing over the hooks. "Oh, and wall will no longer bite Bob - Bob made sure of that!" You're pleased with your accomplishment, and have no doubt it will always be the same in the future. After all, the forces of Good will always triumph over Wall.

As Saoirse takes the hooks, sticks them to her ship, and flies up, you hear her talking about boxes with Gearhead. It sounds like she's looking for one. Silly Saoirse-boss! There are boxes everywhere! You'll just have to help her out a bit and give her a nice big one so she won't want one anymore.

~~~

"Saoirse-boss!" you call out. "I got you a box!" You're walking towards Saoirse's CASKET, which is hovering a good 25 meters above the ground at the end of the nacelle. Gearhead is chasing you from behind and shouting at you to stop before you hurt yourself. You don't get what he's so worked up about. "Bob will be fine, Bob stronk!" you assure him. He follows you anyway.

"Saoirse-boss, I got you a box!" you shout again. This time, she turns her ship to look at you. With a grunt, you lift it clumsily above your head - a difficult task, given that one of your hands isn't cooperating, but through a force of sheer strength and willpower (and no shortage of pain meds) you're able to pull it off. It is a very heavy box.

Gearhead is yelling at you again. What does he want this time?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron