Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

This is nice. Quiet. AA on the other side? I could snipe from rear. Or infiltrate hull. Hmm.

(( I would ask for orders, but it this situation lemons would not do so because he hears that Bob is being shot at, because he fears his comms will be intercepted, and because there is literally no-one on the squad he trusts to give him orders. However you players are blessed with more brain cells than your characters. So, guys, suggestions? Sneak into the hull and assault from there, or scale the hull and snipe from the top to take out the AA?))

Triggerhappy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:35 pm
(( I would ask for orders, but it this situation lemons would not do so because he hears that Bob is being shot at, because he fears his comms will be intercepted, and because there is literally no-one on the squad he trusts to give him orders. However you players are blessed with more brain cells than your characters. So, guys, suggestions? Sneak into the hull and assault from there, or scale the hull and snipe from the top to take out the AA?))
(( The AA can't shoot at us now we're landed (dixit Tal) so are not really a concern now - help kill squids pls, don't go inside yet unless you want to have even more enemies :P ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:26 pm
"Ugh...This is Caleb, I'm alright, just a bit banged up. My CASKET's not going anywhere, though."
"Glad you're not dead! But next time maybe you guys can, I don't know, look before barging in? Who does that? (( :ghost: ))
eejits...
Anyway... if you need some cover while you move, I can throw up a dust screen in front of you, just tell me when.
Bob, same goes for you, are you ok there?
Oh, and be careful, at least one of them has a PSI amp of some sorts..."

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:33 pm
Bored: "Why ain't nobody attackin' us? I swear I'll fall asleep. Maybe them squids just gave up?"
"They just want to catch us off guard so they can get my autograph. A common tactic that my fans try to employ. They're hiding around here somewhere.
Sometimes I wish they'd just come up and ask. It would make things a whole lot easier, ya know?

Putting aside my sizable fan club for a moment, I'd like to discuss plans.
I had thought that we'd be within range of Anabais's squad by now, but it seems now that they're further north than expected.
Before we reach our objective, I'd like to know what we're heading into, so I propose we fly around the government district and into the residential district to contact Anabais. After we get information on our objective and the surrounding area, we can double back and land. What do you all think of that?"
((Look here for the more detailed map if you missed it ))
Breaker of fortune cookies

Look at the wall of metal before me, and realize that I can not scale it.
Envision myself blasting though the hull with my rocket launcher and walking in through the smoking breach, killing enemies.
Sigh.

Tactics.

Get back into my casket, and fly it up to the top of the nacelle, landing on the flat top, slightly closer to the north edge than the south.
Get out once again, with all my stuff.
Walk the distance to the damaged edge of the nacelle, over the enemies I spotted flying by, crawling the last few meters to avoid detection.
With my Gauss rifle in hand, get just close enough to the edge, preferably next to some vertical cover too, to get a clear shot at the... are those AA guns? Yes, yes they are. Make sure I can shoot at the AA gunners.
Take aim at gunner number two.

I am the sky god...
Fire on enemy gunner number two.
If at any point the AA turrets start to turn on me, crawl back into safety, far enough to stand up and move away from the now dangerous ridge.
Fire on enemy gunner five.
Fire on enemy gunner six.
If any of the AA gunners survive, target and fire a shot at a one of them. If not, target and shoot any surviving enemy that is armed with the largest looking gun, or at least one that is easiest to hit.
Crawl back out of sight, far enough to stand up.
Reload, and look around. Check for any hatches on top of the nacelle.

"Lemons to squad. The AA guns are pointing at me. Probably. Gunners exposed. Try sniping them down."
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:14 pm
"Yeah, not my best moment.
If you could toss up a dust screen to shield me from the guys to the west before I make my move, I'd appreciate it."
"Will do!"
First, to give Caleb some time to get his stuff and get out his ship, I try to stasis enemy 8.
Then, when Caleb is ready to make his move, I use my grav amp to target a thin but long area of the ground with a strong upwards field, to throw up a sheet of dust into a cloud as cover.
(( like this
Spoiler:      SHOW
))
Next, I use my grav amp to launch the boxes máthair shúigh 4 is sitting behind into his face... thingy.
Finally, I use my electro amp to first overload and then stop all current in the coil of the plasma chamber of the plasma gun of one of the Hiltorel that's using one.

Brom-Lucky-Alpha-Boss wrote: Putting aside my sizable fan club for a moment, I'd like to discuss plans.
I had thought that we'd be within range of Anabais's squad by now, but it seems now that they're further north than expected.
Before we reach our objective, I'd like to know what we're heading into, so I propose we fly around the government district and into the residential district to contact Anabais. After we get information on our objective and the surrounding area, we can double back and land. What do you all think of that?"
"I kinda don't like the notion of flying over the colony unless absolutely neccessary. Too many ways for them to set up a trap or something. I'd rather we fly around the complete colony or keep just above building level so they have less time to get their aim in order..."

And I just know that your 'fanclub' is more likely to take your head instead of your autograph...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now