Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:05 pm
"Lemons not making fun. Lemons is educating Asshead. For the betterment of the squad."
"Why you calling Bob asshead?"

*angry/upset*

"BOB CAN'T HELP HE NOT KNOW WORD, IS NO REASON TO MAKE FUN OF BOB"
"BOB NOW GOING TO MAKE FUN OF YOU"

Ignore previous actions
Turn casket towards lemons
Ram lemons

Continue actions from previous post if possible
Last edited by Cha0zz on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 pm
"Bob not asshead. Gearhead is asshead. Bob is boss. Lemons not make fun of boss. Lemons ignite enemies for boss."
"Bob no believe Lemons"
"Lemons only mean to bob"
"Take away Frank from Bob"
"Make fun of Bob"
"Call bob asshead"

"Bob thinks Lemons asshead"
"Bob thinks Lemons should watch his back for Jimmy"

Massive bickering
*Agitated*
"BY THE GREAT DUSTBUNNY AND ALL THAT COLLECTS IN THE CORNER! CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THAT?!? WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS AROUND EVEN WITHOUT PEOPLE TURNING EACH OTHER TO SHREDS!
WE! HAVE! FRIGGIN! SQUIDS! FOR! THAT! ALREADY!"

*with a pleading tone*

"Bob! Nobody is calling you anything bad! So please, please get at least your people under control before anything bad happens to anybody"

"And, for all it's worth, can you all please take your arguments back to the Nemesis where there are corners where you won't disturb people with your arguments?!?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm
Massive bickering
*Agitated*
"BY THE GREAT DUSTBUNNY AND ALL THAT COLLECTS IN THE CORNER! CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THAT?!? WE HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS AROUND EVEN WITHOUT PEOPLE TURNING EACH OTHER TO SHREDS!
WE! HAVE! FRIGGIN! SQUIDS! FOR! THAT! ALREADY!"
"YOU NO GET TO SHOUT AT BOB"
"BOB IS BOSS"
"ONLY BOB SHOUT"
"ONLY BOB TELL WHAT TO DO"

TURN 8

Maps:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Full area:

Nacelle:

Squad Alpha:
Everyone:
Hema wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:55 am
"I'm going to bring the loot I salvaged to Gearhead and Vynkor.
I've little doubt that they'll find it valuable. If it's not useable for repairs, I could always autograph it and sell it to the squids!"
Take off and fly over to Gearhead and Vynkor.
Upon arrival, land next to them, get out, and give them the material I salavaged earlier (save for the stuff I got for Jimmy).

"Now there wasn't much, but I think I brought back some good parts.
Vynkor, go through it real quick and then prepare to leave; It's time for our big entrance!"

Climb back into my fighter and fly to the middle of K-7
"Listen up Alpha squad! Now that our ships are repaired, we need to continue moving towards our objective!
I've put together a flight plan that should help us get the jump on our squishy little friends. All you have to do is follow what I say, and I will lead you all to glory!
Obviously what we'll be doing is following the green line. Keep an eye out for for enemies and let the rest of the squad know if you see anything. I want us attacking them before they know we're there.
I'll be waiting at K-7; once you're all here, we'll begin our approach."

Wait for my allies to join up, and then begin flying low, down the specified path. When I get to the pass at K-6, periodically glance to the west for enemies.
If I see active enemy fighters at any time, inform my allies and attack the enemy closest to me.
"Enemy spotted! Everyone concentrate fire on the one closest to me. We're going to make some gooey Swiss cheese!"

If no enemies are seen, continue my low approach towards the objective.
When I get there, land in an area nearby where I'll have cover.

If I encounter ground-based AA guns, Inform the squad to land while landing myself. Try to aim for an area that's not crowded with enemies.
"Seems we've been expected. I hate it when people ruin my surprises. Everyone land and we'll see if we can take out those guns."
F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:51 pm
"Understood, lad. Lead the way then...what's the plan in case of overwhelming resistance...?"

Run a diagnostics scan
Wait until the fighter's wreck has been left by REKT-mates
Grip the gun as deep inside the wreck as possible with the remaining robotic arm and rip it out carefully
Leave it lieing next to the wreck for potential later use
Follow Brom, but keep a bit behind him in case something happens
If hostile fighters turn up
-acknowledge brom's choice of target
-shoot said target with the MFM once
-call out another hostile for a potential coordinated hack
-hack that other hostile to set their engines to 0%
If Brom calls for landing
-land nearby, but keep brom and preferably another one between myself and the colony
Keep an eye open for potential trouble and inform everyone as soon as it's discovered.
Detritus wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm
"Understood, Brom!"

Take off.
Once in the air, follow Mr. Brom following the green line.

If any enemies are sighted,
- alert Brom and the squad.
- follow Brom's orders, unless they involve destruction of burritos.
- if Brom's orders involve destruction of burritos,
- - Join the burrito squad.
Otherwise,
- Keep placidly following Brom.
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 am
"Someone should stay in their ship and keep watch in case more of 'em squids come crawlin' our way. Although I'd stay and do that, as the best man for the job of course, I feel like my great expertise would be more suited scoopin' up the magic fuel. Brom, maybe you could do it?"

Follow Brom around
Watch out for enemies at all times
if an enemy fighter is spotted
-Fry it, but only if all of my teammates have attacked it already and failed to kill it
if a ground-based AA gun (or similar) is spotted
-Fry it (unless I've already used the MFM once)
-if it is still operational after we all attack it
--Land somewhere close to the rest of my squad
if there was no AA gun/all were disabled
-Continue following my squad and land somewhere near them
-Check out my surroundings

Use the MFM once at most
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:55 am
I reattach the repairkit after repacking it. I then sort the obviously-useless components out and take the rest into the cockpit for future inspection. I put them in the glovebox or whatever.

Brom's plan seems reasonable. I'll sign on.
I go to K-7 and wait for Alpha to start moving. When they do so, I follow the path Brom suggested, pacing with the rest of the squad. On the way, I look a bit more closely at the components.
If a contact appears:
-I shove the parts back into the compartment.
-I fire the railgun at it once.
-I attempt to evade its fire.
Everyone waits for Brom and Vynkor to finish up sorting things on the ground, with Frank attempting a diagnostics scan. It turns up some helpful results: a systems crash. In annoyance, Frank restarts his computer. Meanwhile, Brom gives some of his looted parts to Vynkor, and some to Gearhead. Vynkor dumps them unceremoniously in the floor of her cockpit, and both of them take off, flying in a single formation with the rest of Alpha to K-7.

"Listen up, Alpha squad!" Brom booms in his deep dulcet tones. "Now that our ships are repaired, we need to continue moving toward our objective! I've put together a flight plan that should help us get the jump on our squishy little friends. All you have to do is follow what I say, and I will lead you all to glory!"

There are no complaints.

"Obviously what we'll be doing is following the green line. Keep an eye out for enemies and let the rest of the squad know if you see anything. I want us attacking them before they even know we're there!"

And with that stirring speech (and a few yawns), Squad Alpha starts toward their objective. Vynkor, sorting through the disassembled parts, soon reaches the conclusion that Brom is an idiot and he ruined a perfectly good machine. One of the parts he was carrying was, in fact, a heat sink (she recalls vividly how he handed it to her carefully like it was a piece of fine china). Some of it's useful - the CPU is alien make, but designed to fit in a human computer - that would be interesting to dissect or reverse engineer - but the computer itself is never going to work again. It's good for scrap, at least.

~~~

The flight is entirely uneventful. You, and the rest of Alpha, in formation, now have a perfect view of all of Huhoba Qitsit. There isn't an enemy in sight. This was rather anticlimactic, actually... but something doesn't seem quite right. It couldn't possibly be this easy, could it?

Now you just have to fly far enough north to make contact with Sergeant Anabais and download the coordinates of the stellaplex reactor.

Squad Beta:
Lemons
Triggerhappy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 am
Get back into my CASKET.
Run a diagnostic to see what's what on this brick of a ship.
Give people time to remove their penises from my antimatter thrusters.
Lift off and follow Bob at a distance to J10.
Keep my distance from any hostiles, evade if fired upon.

If safe, land next to the damaged part of the Emisis and get out with all my weapons, keeping an eye out on the debris in question for any hostiles.

After getting back into your CASKET, you run a diagnostics scan - or try to. After fiddling with the controls a bit, you get it started - but you think you hit a wrong button somewhere, as it's asking you to "select your ship from a list". You hesitate, trying to figure out what the hell it means with all the hash codes, and then the screen blanks out with the following text: "We're sorry, but if you'd like to make a scan, please hang up and try again. If you need help, hang up and then dial your operator." What. The hell. Your computer is a piece of shit apparently assembled from 3rd millennia telephones. Annoyed, you leave it alone, and instead follow Bob as closely as you can, fighting and arguing with him over the comms. He's an idiot - that much is certain. You can't imagine why an idiot would be running the show. You would've been a much better candidate for leading your own squad, you're certain. After all, you're no idiot.

~~~

Bob arrives some time before you and, after firing a few shots at some enemies on the western side of the nacelle, lands in a small depression. You decide to land as far away from him as possible, high-tailing it to the unguarded eastern side and setting down. There's not an enemy in sight. Things are going well.

Without wasting any time, you open the canopy and climb out of the cockpit with all your weapons, finally getting to use the awesome power that is the exosuit. They will feel your wrath! For you are the doombringer, clad in your armaments of grisly death: a $4 exosuit from Space Wal-Mart. Surely no one can withstand you! They will fear the almighty power that you bring to bear!

You daydream for a moment, imagining charging into battle, every shot missing you or pinging off your armor as you single-handedly defeat the enemy forces, and smile with satisfaction.

Bob
Cha0zz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 am
Bob boss says Bob's squad go to J10 and attack mean guys.

Fly towards J10
If I see an enemy ship (landed or not):
- attack it with one shot from each weapon

Land my ship next to Saoirse.
Get out, take Jimmy with me and find cover next to Saoirse.
Say: "Hi Saoirse-Boss, you no worry, Bob protect you"
Enemies that come in melee range get a smack of my crowbar
Shoot my semiautomatic pistol three times at the enemies closest to Saoirse.
Reload if I used my semiautomatic pistol
You are Bob. And not just any Bob, but Bob boss. When Bob say, people do. You give the orders to do.

Bob will go and do, too. The fruit - or man, depending on how he feels today - says he will also do. This is good. Otherwise, Bob would have to do things Jimmy suggests he do to bad people. They are not nice things.

Flying your ship down toward the nacelle, you keep an eye out for enemy ships - and, wouldn't you know it - but there are enemy ships landed there! Several of them, in fact. Flying in close, you take a careful shot at one of the landed ships - clearly empty, but you fire anyway. Your railgun punches clean through its windows. You smile, and Jimmy gives you a high five. Bob is good shot. This is about the time where Jimmy knowledgeably points out to you that you might not be the only smart guy. Bad guys have smart guys too.

Your eyes widen and you jerk the controls to the side as you try to avoid a massive pair of anti-air plasma rounds. You manage to dodge one of them, but with them moving so fast, you can't get out of the way of both: the other impacts squarely on the left side of your cockpit.

Smoke, fire, debris.

In an instant, your canopy has cracked. You hear a loud whistling and hissing as air escapes your cockpit; glancing over to the left, you notice a huge crater-like chunk ripped clean away from your ship - twisted pipes spew rapidly-evaporating liquids from the twisted, charred wreckage. You're shaken, but your grav generator was able to compensate for the blast, and you're okay. You, being Bob, decide to make them be not okay. They are mean mans, and they are better be good dead now like bad mans should have be.

You take aim with your particle gun. None of your allies have even arrived yet, but that's okay. You can handle them yourself, you're sure. You fire, and your particle gun rips away the side of another ship, digging into the side and etching through the engines.

They fire a return volley from one of their anti-air guns. You dodge, tipping your ship upwards to try to fly to a higher altitude. The green plasma fireballs disappear from view.

A sudden jolt from below threatens to toss you from your seat, smashing your head hard against the canopy; smoke gushes about you through a hole somewhere - you're vaguely aware of some kind of pain, possibly on your back, or possibly your legs. Time moves as in slow motion as your adrenaline kicks in. Things are starting to feel a little strange; you can tell you're losing altitude (and fast) just by looking out the window, and give full power to your thrusters, trying to keep yourself up in the air. Suddenly, you realize - none of the controls in your cockpit are visibly working, and you're weightless in what is most certainly a freefall.

The sky looms ahead in greeting. Jimmy, oblivious, gives a friendly wave.

A bone-rattling crash flings you backwards and to the side, smashing your head against the back of your seat - and then soon after, as your CASKET rocks forward, you smash your face against the blackened control panel.

The world swirls with darkness.

You make an effort to push yourself upright; and as you press your hand against the panel in front of you, you notice a copious amount of blood spattered on your glove.

Jimmy whispers an expletive.

Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 am
"Yeah, it's about time we got moving. We are on a time limit, after all." ((There, cha0zz :D ))

FSM, this mission is a mess. Here's hoping we make it...

I keep in formation with the squad as we fly to J10, keeping a watch out for enemies. If I see any, I fire my laser at them a maximum of once, and then take cover.
FSM, this mission is a mess. You're hoping everyone makes it - and especially you, of course.

You wait for Saoirse and Gearhead, as they were the only ones that really decided to fly in formation, and the three of you set off for the nacelle.

~~~

When you arrive, it very quickly becomes clear that your "messy mission" has become much messier than you'd anticipated: Bob is already downed - presumably from his own horrific landing, you're sure, but a quick glance doesn't look good. No matter - he should've taken landing lessons like you did back in your military days. You glance around more, and on some higher levels than Bob, see a number of hiltorel enemies - squids, just like SCAMPS described. You fly on down close and fire at one of them as he pokes his head out from behind a rock, slicing near him with your laser. It's a glorious shot, with perfect aim, but he ducks out of the way just in time. Disappointing, but no big deal. You'll get him later.

That's when you notice the AA guns. You hadn't been expecting AA - but then, you'd forgotten how easy it is to set down some pre-built man-sized AA turrets for taking down close-range enemy combatants. Close-range enemy combatants, like, say... you.

This realization strikes you only a moment too late - a pair of bright green fireballs streak out towards you, headed dead-center at your cockpit. Reflexively you throw the controls to the side, remembering only a moment too late: your thrusters are still busted all to hell. All you manage is slightly tipping up the nose, right in the path of both projectiles.

With a massive explosion, the entire nose of your CASKET splinters in a billion pieces, flung like shrapnel in all directions. Your comms die instantly. Alarms blare, lights flash, screens flicker and die - and with half of your RCS thrusters gone, your ship immediately begins to tilt forward, falling out of the sky. You try to pull out of it, but only manage to throw your ship into a roll as you plummet toward the ground, smoke streaming thickly past your cockpit window.

The ground rushes up to meet you.

With an ear-shattering, teeth-rattling crash, you land nose-first in the dusty Nanyejian riverbed; your antigrav manages to dampen all but the very start of the collision. Your ship is still functional, at least, you realize, giving full power to your last remaining upwards-facing thruster. You hear the rush of fuel and air somewhere behind your head; after teetering for a moment, the ship tilts slowly backwards and lands on what's left of its landing gear with a mighty crunch that echoes in your skull.

You've "landed"... not exactly how you expected, and you doubt you're taking off again, but you seem unharmed.

This mission is a fukcing mess.

Saoirse
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 am
"Aye, it's high time to get moving."

I lift off and fly with the rest of the squad towards J10, watching for enemies.
If the coast is clear, I land as close near the nacelle as seems safe, get out and get into cover, and observe the situation.
If I see any enemies, I stasis up to two of them and use my grav amp to throw up to two of them away from us.
You lift off, and wait for Caleb and Gearhead, as they were the only ones that really decided to fly in formation, and the three of you set off for the nacelle.

~~~

When you arrive at the nacelle, you see the coast is most certainly not clear. Bob is already down, and Lemons is out of sight, although checking your map reveals he's hiding on the far side of the nacelle at a tactical disadvantage. They seem to have some form of AA turret, too - and that's enough for you to decide to stay far enough away that they won't shoot you. They seem to be focused too much on Bob and Caleb anyway - Caleb being dumb enough to get close.

You land in a nice spot on a nearby hill - safely, of course - behind some tall rock outcroppings. After taking a moment to make sure your CASKET is seated nicely, you hit the button that rolls the canopy aside and jump out, getting quickly into cover with Gearhead. Then, with him, you make your way to a spot where you can observe the situation, moving from one spot of cover to the next.

When you finally get a good view, you take stock. The nacelle is fairly close, just across what seems to be an ancient, dried-out streambed of some sort - possibly channel-carved in the rock. There's plenty of cover, and eight different hiltorel are using it - as well as manning a few different anti-air turrets. Caleb got his ship shot down right in the middle of the streambed, and Bob is well over to the left in a large depression. You can't tell the status of either of them.

An array of plasma shots course through the air towards your face from different directions, narrowly missing you, and you pull your head back. This situation is already a lot messier than you'd planned or expected. You lean out again and try to toss a few hiltorel around with your PSI powers, giving it a short test. One of them flies back from your grav amp (only to get back up and into cover), and one of them gets stasis'd (#7). One of your shots miss, but on the last one, you feel a conscious force pressing back against you. They have PSI tech too - although it may be primitive.

Gearhead
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm
Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:31 am
"Huh, why you so angry Mr. Gearhead?"
"Because this armed lunatic who calls himself Lemons tripped me over while i was shoulder deep in the antimatter thrusters of his ship. He brought us in mortal danger while i was trying to get his scrap fixed. I wont get close to that moron again."

Stow away Repair kit on my ship
Launch ship and follow Bob
fire on eventual enemy ships with forceps laser >once<

land near saoirse and bob
get out of the ship and into cover
fire microwave amp twice on any enemies on foot

if fired upon at any point do appropriate evasive maneuver
After gathering some parts from Brom, you lift off and group up with Caleb and Saoirse, as they were the only ones that really decided to fly in formation, and the three of you set off for the nacelle.

~~~

When you arrive at the nacelle, you see the coast is most certainly not clear. Bob is already down, and Lemons is out of sight, although checking your map reveals he's hiding on the far side of the nacelle at a tactical disadvantage. They seem to have some form of AA turret, too - and that's enough for you to decide to stay far enough away that they won't shoot you. They seem to be focused too much on Bob and Caleb anyway - Caleb being dumb enough to get close.

You land in a nice spot on a nearby hill - safely, of course - behind some tall rock outcroppings. After taking a moment to make sure your CASKET is seated nicely, you hit the button that rolls the canopy aside and jump out, getting quickly into cover with Saoirse. Then, you follow her, as she moves from one rocky bit of cover to the next.

When you finally get a good view, you take stock. The nacelle is fairly close, just across what seems to be an ancient, dried-out streambed of some sort - possibly channel-carved in the rock. There's plenty of cover, and eight different hiltorel are using it - as well as manning a few different anti-air turrets. Caleb got his ship shot down right in the middle of the streambed, and Bob is well over to the left in a large depression. You can't tell the status of either of them.

An array of plasma shots course through the air towards your face from different directions, narrowly missing you, and you pull your head back to take stock. This situation is already a lot messier than you'd planned or expected. You lean out again and try to fry a couple of the squishy meatbags with your microwave amp, and successfully manage to get one of them (#3) - he falls to the ground, writhing for a moment, but then gets shakily back to his feet. It seems like he's been having a bit of a bad day: you can see a dark laser streak right next to him, probably from Caleb. Maybe you can put him out of his misery.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I groan, shaking my head to clear it. I fukcing hate, hate, hate this mission! There's no way in hell I'm flying this bucket of bolts anywhere now. I pound the dark instrument panel once in frustration before remembering I'm in a very bad position right now...and there's a whole lot of enemies to fight. First, I should probably let the squad know I'm not dead.

"Ugh...This is Caleb, I'm alright, just a bit banged up. My CASKET's not going anywhere, though."

Knowing what I have to do next, I steel myself and take a deep breath. This is not going to be fun.

I put on my helmet, grab my weapons, and get out of the CASKET on the right side so that I'm in cover. I then make a break for the rock to my north, after Saoirse puts up the dustscreen, and use it as cover. Once there, I attempt to stun enemy 7 with my electrorifle, firing a maximum of four times.

Alright, all that before was just the appetizer...time to get to work.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Online Now