Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I pick my pda and start poring over the info on it.
After reading it all once, I take out the stylus and start jotting down notes, softly mumbling to myself.
Spoiler:      SHOW
After a few minutes of this, I scrape my throat and say
"Allright, so, going over all the systems in order...
For the reactor, the gravity reactor is not a priority, I say - we have no need for quick landings now, as far as I know. Upgrading the power reactor is probably a fairly urgent issue, on the other hand, so we at least have normal power to most systems.
Next, the hull - I think patching the major hull breaches should probably be a fairly high priority, the rest can wait for later. Armor is neat but as long as there are holes in the ship not the highest priority, I think.
Shields would be really neat but given the effort needed to get minimal working again, I think we better focus on the more glaring right now.
Maneuverability, same as armor, nice but not the most urgent thing.
Then, the decryption team - I think it's safe to say that's almost the lowest thing on our list of priorities now. Being able to translate Hiltorel is nice, but so is not having a hole in your medbay.
SCAMPS clearly has enough processing power already to be a dick,he doesn't need to be a parallelised dick, so we can belay upgrading him as well...
The hangar seems pretty functional right now. The upgrades may be neat later if we get in more combat situations, but not a priority.
Engines, the primary engines need an upgrade if we need to get anywhere in a system. Restoring warp power should also be a high priority, I think. We don't want to be stuck in this star system forever.
Comm center - good enough. I know we want to regain contact with Tartarus, but getting the comms to that point is gonna take ages anyway, it can wait.
Medbay - this may be biased, but I think at this point capable crew is our most finite and hard to refill resource, and no SCAMPS, I don't mean myself, so I think it may be in our best interest to get the revitalization equipment back up.
Engineering is also top priority, I think. They are the ones doing all the work here, and getting the engineering department back up and running will raise their morale and increase how fast we can get the ship back up and running, so doing that as early as possible can only benefit us.
Weapon systems - getting the main weapons back up should be pretty high priority, after the ship flies again, in case we get in a fight.
Main bridge we can leave as is for now, it didn't do much in the battle here anyway I gather, and there's more urgent things to fix.
The armory is also good enough for now. Well, the older REKT squads may disagree on that. But we personally don't need the expensive gear yet. Maybe it's more important on a global scale, that's hard for me to see.
Sensors should probably be high but not top priority. I think you are underestimating what you can pick up visually, though. You should probably reread some old textbooks...
(( Why yes GK roll foreshadowing :ghost: ))
And finally, the drone bays, let's leave those for now as well.
..."

At this point I realise I've been going on for maybe a bit too long.

"Errr... so, in short, I'd upgrade Engineering, revitalization equipment, Hull or reactor and engines first. So, we'd need..."
I count for a bit
"Standard construction materials, four batches. Which comes to 296 hi-plat - ok damn we can't afford that and food, scratch that. Alright lemme think for a bit..."
I tap the stylus to my lips for a bit

"Allright how about
Engineering, revitalization equipment, warp core and sensors? That's 2 times standard construction, 1 time cheap construction materials and a flawed stellaplex core. Which is 225 hi-plat, leaving us 89 to buy food from, so enough for two months of normal food. I think nobody will object to not having to eat rations anymore.
Two months should be enough as long as we can find some way to make money here at Fuhodo station. If we can do that, we can stock up some more and travel to someplace else in search of more money to repair the other critical issues, being hull, reactor, primary engines and weaponry.
Thoughts?"

I look around, more or less expecting people to agree with me.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 pm
stuff
I nod a bit, Saoirse has obviously thought this out...or is just a ship nerd. Unfortunately we seem to disagree on some points. I shake my head.

"I'd love to get our mobility and engineering spaces upgraded, but we're flying around in a system where everybody hates our guts. I think we need to focus more on getting our defense capabilities up and running- as it stands we've got some point-defense capability but if we get in a bigger scrape than we did on Nanyej we're toast. Once we're in a state where we can survive in combat, then I'd feel more comfortable focusing on the rest of the systems."

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I think this over for a bit.
"It's not that I disagree in itself, but I think we're pretty screwed if we get into a serious scrap at this point anyway, even if we upgrade point defense. Sure, we can fend off some fighters then, but anything bigger is still a problem, the hull is full of holes and we have no shields or main guns or armor or engines to run away even.
Hence my thinking engineering is a better bet now - invest some time now to significantly win time next month and later."
(( an extra upgrade each month after this one adds up ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:18 pm
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I pick my pda and start poring over the info on it.
After reading it all once, I take out the stylus and start jotting down notes, softly mumbling to myself.
Spoiler:      SHOW
After a few minutes of this, I scrape my throat and say
"Allright, so, going over all the systems in order...
For the reactor, the gravity reactor is not a priority, I say - we have no need for quick landings now, as far as I know. Upgrading the power reactor is probably a fairly urgent issue, on the other hand, so we at least have normal power to most systems.
Next, the hull - I think patching the major hull breaches should probably be a fairly high priority, the rest can wait for later. Armor is neat but as long as there are holes in the ship not the highest priority, I think.
Shields would be really neat but given the effort needed to get minimal working again, I think we better focus on the more glaring right now.
Maneuverability, same as armor, nice but not the most urgent thing.
Then, the decryption team - I think it's safe to say that's almost the lowest thing on our list of priorities now. Being able to translate Hiltorel is nice, but so is not having a hole in your medbay.
SCAMPS clearly has enough processing power already to be a dick,he doesn't need to be a parallelised dick, so we can belay upgrading him as well...
The hangar seems pretty functional right now. The upgrades may be neat later if we get in more combat situations, but not a priority.
Engines, the primary engines need an upgrade if we need to get anywhere in a system. Restoring warp power should also be a high priority, I think. We don't want to be stuck in this star system forever.
Comm center - good enough. I know we want to regain contact with Tartarus, but getting the comms to that point is gonna take ages anyway, it can wait.
Medbay - this may be biased, but I think at this point capable crew is our most finite and hard to refill resource, and no SCAMPS, I don't mean myself, so I think it may be in our best interest to get the revitalization equipment back up.
Engineering is also top priority, I think. They are the ones doing all the work here, and getting the engineering department back up and running will raise their morale and increase how fast we can get the ship back up and running, so doing that as early as possible can only benefit us.
Weapon systems - getting the main weapons back up should be pretty high priority, after the ship flies again, in case we get in a fight.
Main bridge we can leave as is for now, it didn't do much in the battle here anyway I gather, and there's more urgent things to fix.
The armory is also good enough for now. Well, the older REKT squads may disagree on that. But we personally don't need the expensive gear yet. Maybe it's more important on a global scale, that's hard for me to see.
Sensors should probably be high but not top priority. I think you are underestimating what you can pick up visually, though. You should probably reread some old textbooks...
(( Why yes GK roll foreshadowing :ghost: ))
And finally, the drone bays, let's leave those for now as well.
..."

At this point I realise I've been going on for maybe a bit too long.

"Errr... so, in short, I'd upgrade Engineering, revitalization equipment, Hull or reactor and engines first. So, we'd need..."
I count for a bit
"Standard construction materials, four batches. Which comes to 296 hi-plat - ok damn we can't afford that and food, scratch that. Alright lemme think for a bit..."
I tap the stylus to my lips for a bit

"Allright how about
Engineering, revitalization equipment, warp core and sensors? That's 2 times standard construction, 1 time cheap construction materials and a flawed stellaplex core. Which is 225 hi-plat, leaving us 89 to buy food from, so enough for two months of normal food. I think nobody will object to not having to eat rations anymore.
Two months should be enough as long as we can find some way to make money here at Fuhodo station. If we can do that, we can stock up some more and travel to someplace else in search of more money to repair the other critical issues, being hull, reactor, primary engines and weaponry.
Thoughts?"

I look around, more or less expecting people to agree with me.
Visibly pretend to be doing complex calculations in my head (while not actually doing anything) and then say

"...yeah... Sounds like them maths check out! Flyin' 'round out here without no weapons, though? Ain't sound too bright to me. Even if we ain't gonna fight nobody, big guns help peaceful negotiations stay peaceful! An orbital bombar'ment cannon would be nice at some point too, but we probably ain't got the tin for that. Fixin' up our regular guns, though? Good idea if ya ask me, we just need to ditch somethin' else. That revi-thing sounds useless, the hell is it even for?"

I pick up my PDA and begin reading the information presented to me.

"I'd definitely want some normal food. It'd be a nice diversion from the ration bars and mediwater, which I still hold to be a serious health hazard. Two months of standard food and supplies (70 hi-plat).
That leaves us 244 hi-plat for repairs." I begin to make my point, but am interrupted by Buck.
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:53 pm
"...yeah... Sounds like them maths check out! Flyin' 'round out here without no weapons, though? Ain't sound too bright to me. Even if we ain't gonna fight nobody, big guns help peaceful negotiations stay peaceful! An orbital bombar'ment cannon would be nice at some point too, but we probably ain't got the tin for that. Fixin' up our regular guns, though? Good idea if ya ask me, we just need to ditch somethin' else. That revi-thing sounds useless, the hell is it even for?"
"Yeah, I don't think we've got the cash lying around for an orbital bombardment cannon, though it does sound pretty damn cool, I'll give you that. Revitalization is pretty important--basically, if you're dead, you damn well won't stay dead with it. I hope you don't intend to be dead, because that's what'll happen to some of us without the re-vit tech."

Taking into consideration the two different viewpoints currently presented (Saoirse on mobility/engineering, Caleb on defenses), I state my point.
"I agree with you, Caleb, but I also think we should get warp capability back online. Like Saoirse said, we probably don't want to be here for the rest of our possibly very short lives.
I'm thinking we repair the warp core, the revitalization equipment, the sensors, and the point defense. That's 225 hi-plat, so we'll have a small stash of cash to sit on. Any thoughts?"
Last edited by TotallyNotHuman on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Actually, Saoirse does have a point. We have fighters already, so we might be able to do a decent job compared to the point defense if we got in serious trouble. And she also has a point with the engineering and warp core. With how shot to pieces we are, more repair capability and the ability to run away is definitely a good thing. She's honestly right about the PD- it's probably not actually going to do that much more good."

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:56 pm
"Yeah, I don't think we've got the cash lying around for an orbital bombardment cannon, though it does sound pretty damn cool, I'll give you that. Revitalization is pretty important--basically, if you're dead, you damn well won't stay dead with it. I hope you don't intend to be dead, because that's what'll happen to some of us without the re-vit tech."
Confused:
"But... I ain't plannin' on dyin'? Guess it's useful if someone else does, though. Well, we ain't need sensors, then!"
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
"I agree with you, Caleb, but I also think we should get warp capability back online. Like Saoirse said, we probably don't want to be here for the rest of our possibly very short lives.
I'm thinking we repair the warp core, the revitalization equipment, and the point defense. That's 212 hi-plat, so we'll have a small stash of cash to sit on. Any thoughts?"
"Wait, point is lil' guns right? The hell would we need lil' guns for, this here thing says we even got some already! We need big, nasty guns that can blow shit up properly! Are we really plannin' on goin' 'round packin' literally no real firepower? We'd look like jackasses even in human space with just these crappy lil' guns!"

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:09 pm
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Confused:
"But... I ain't plannin' on dyin'? Guess it's useful if someone else does, though. Well, we ain't need sensors, then!"
[...]
"Yeah, but sensors are cheap and guns are expensive, so if we get guns and no sensors we also have no money left for booze and chicken. Unless you'd prefer to eat ration bars for another two months."

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:12 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:09 pm
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Confused:
[...]
"Yeah, but sensors are cheap and guns are expensive, so if we get guns and no sensors we also have no money left for booze and chicken. Unless you'd prefer to eat ration bars for another two months."
"What!? No! Aww shit, that only means one thing... we can't buy sensors OR the revi-thing! Maybe we dun' need that engineerin' stuff, actually? Dun' sound too useful if we ain't got the tin to buy shit anyway."

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"Hmm hmm hmm."
I ponder for a bit.
"Okay, fair point. How about we replace engineering with the main guns this month, and if it turns out earning money isn't an issue, we can focus on engineering next month?
I still think doing engineering early is a better idea, but I can live with that.
So that'd be 2 months of normal food, main guns, warp core, sensors and revitalizing equipment. Same cost as I stated earlier."

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:30 pm
"Hmm hmm hmm."
I ponder for a bit.
"Okay, fair point. How about we replace engineering with the main guns this month, and if it turns out earning money isn't an issue, we can focus on engineering next month?
I still think doing engineering early is a better idea, but I can live with that.
So that'd be 2 months of normal food, main guns, warp core, sensors and revitalizing equipment. Same cost as I stated earlier."
Visibly glad at this point, nod:

"Yep! Sounds like the best plan there is to me! Huh, we're pretty good at this ship-makin' stuff!"
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:30 pm
"Hmm hmm hmm."
I ponder for a bit.
Does good food mean chicken?
Bob-boss only agree for real chicken.
And ice cream.
If you can give bob ice cream bob has your back!
*smile and extend a hand*
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now