Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Try to give Buck that look, but only watch as he runs out of the conference room.
Complete the list of squads on my PDA:
Alpha: Lemons, Buck, Brom (L), Miranda, Miles.
Beta: Saoirse, Bob (L), Caleb, Frank, Gearhead
Send the list to Brom's PDA.

Calmly head to the Hangar in a professional military jog. Collect my equipment, and get into my CASKET. Run the equivalent of a system check on this coffin. Upload the script that Buck made for me into the Command Center module. Test the software by triangulating one of the CASKETs in the hangar through the cameras of my and several other CASKET cameras I have access to. Try to collect data such as range, heading, speed, and a precise location. Send the data to Brom.
"Lemons to Brom. Can you use this data. To improve your accuracy?"

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:30 pm
Complete the list of squads on my PDA:
Alpha: Lemons, Buck, Brom (L), Miranda, Miles.
Beta: Saoirse, Bob (L), Caleb, Frank, Gearhead
Send the list to Brom's PDA.

Calmly head to the Hangar in a professional military jog. Collect my equipment, and get into my CASKET. Run the equivalent of a system check on this coffin. Upload the script that Buck made for me into the Command Center module. Test the software by triangulating one of the CASKETs in the hangar through the cameras of my and several other CASKET cameras I have access to. Try to collect data such as range, heading, speed, and a precise location. Send the data to Brom.
"Lemons to Brom. Can you use this data. To improve your accuracy?"
Glance down at my PDA, and notice that lemons has already left.

“Miles, Miranda, you two are in for a real treat, as is the rest of squad alpha.
You're looking at the best leader the REKT program has ever seen. We'll send those squids home with their tails between their legs, don't you worry.
Finish up here as soon as you can and then meet me in the Hangar.
We're going to go kick some serious ass.”

Go to the hangar and climb into my CASKET.
Begin deep breathing exercises to prepare myself for the terrible flight ahead.

“Thanks for the roster, Lemons, I appreciate it. As for the data, I don't think it's necessary. I'm already the best marksman out here. The skills of the hiltorel will pale in comparison to what I can do. Thanks for the offer, though.

To the rest of alpha squad, listen up! With my help, we will crush the squids under our boots, but I need all of you to bring your best to the table.
If we all work together and do our best, this mission will be a walk in the park for all of us."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Holy hell, Bob actually won. Well, this should be an interesting mission, if we by some miracle survive, that is. Resigned to my fate, I turn and head out towards the hangar and my CASKET. It feels almost like my first mission again. I hope this goes well...

As I leave the briefing room I turn to my squadmates. "Alright Beta Squad, see you guys on the outside." I attempt to quash any thoughts of not seeing them all again afterwards. I don't entirely succeed.

Hema wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 pm
As for the data, I don't think it's necessary. I'm already the best marksman out here. The skills of the hiltorel will pale in comparison to what I can do. Thanks for the offer, though.
"Hmm."
What an idiot. Refuses tools. Ego worse than my dad's reputation.
Glance at my PDA.
"Lemons to Miles. PDA claims you have laser. Sending data. On one of the coffins in hangar. See if you are able to use it? Range. Location. Heading. Last should be 0. Should be useful for aiming. Improve accuracy at range."

Hema wrote:
“Miles, Miranda, you two are in for a real treat, as is the rest of squad alpha.
You're looking at the best leader the REKT program has ever seen. We'll send those squids home with their tails between their legs, don't you worry.
"Look, I'm happy as long as you're more competent than... that". Miranda motioned towards Bob as she made her way to the hangar and boarded her CASKET.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Go to the hangar.
Hema wrote:
"I'll... keep it in mind."
Triggerhappy wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:07 pm
"Lemons to Miles. PDA claims you have laser. Sending data. On one of the coffins in hangar. See if you are able to use it? Range. Location. Heading. Last should be 0. Should be useful for aiming. Improve accuracy at range."
"Err... yes, I do. I am pretty sure that I am able to use it, since... it is mounted on my ship, you see."
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Set the mop down under the seat.
Glance at the code that Buck wrote.

What is this trash? How does.... what.... No! This will never work like that!
Realize that the Command Center will be useless entirely on this mission.
Check what else I can afford.
Angrily get out of the cockpit.
Yell at the engineers running around the hangar.
"Hey! Can someone swap useless Command Center? For Cargo pod? Thanks."
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

((Detritus, I think that Trigger wanted you to check out the piece of triangulation software to try and increase accuracy and stuff for your weapon.))

And so it starts...Dust to dust.

Frank once again stands up and, this time without interference, goes to the hangar.
There he checks his equipment and goes through a basic scan of the CASKET's systems.
He also takes a look at the controls inside the CASKET to get used to them.
He then loads a tranquilizer-bolt into the crossbow.
He also tries to ignore people yelling around in the hangar.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:26 am
((Detritus, I think that Trigger wanted you to check out the piece of triangulation software to try and increase accuracy and stuff for your weapon.))
((Apparently Trigger and Tal spoke on IRC or something and it won't work))
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

((You offered to take the position and people found it funny. Though with this post you convinced me that you, in fact, were not serious about taking leadership. Though I'm also not quite sure how you can get away with it now^^))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Cha0zz wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:05 am
((>.> How the hell did I actually manage to get you all to vote Bob into leadership, wtf guys))
((The LT community apparently has the same intelligence IC as OOC :ghost: ))

Online Now