Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 pm
Looking at Brom
"Eh, if anythin' will lead us to victory, it'll be my extensive experience and skill in these kinds o' situations. I've no interest in tellin' other people what to do though, so I ain't gonna put myself up as no candidate. You seem like a fine fella, and I'd vote for you, I just want to see who the last 2 people in our crew will be first."
"I think you'll find that I myself am quite skilled in these situations. So perhaps it will be a combination of both of our skills that lead us to victory."
Look at my PDA
"Lemons? What is it that you need a command center for? I'm sure the Hiltorel have spent time cleaning the place up for my arrival, but this is no time for sightseeing. How will it aid us in combat?"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 am
"Lemons? What is it that you need a command center for? I'm sure the Hiltorel have spent time cleaning the place up for my arrival, but this is no time for sightseeing. How will it aid us in combat?"
"Can't afford weapon. This will help with intelligence. Organization. If Buck is skilled enough, I can help targeting too. Triangulation. Range estimates. Many other uses. Of course, a gun would be better. But this will help in a different way."

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 am
"Well, I definitely don't mind having an extra medic on our team, but I really hope for you alpha guys you won't need one, or an engineer, or you'll be in bad luck."
"Don't worry hun, I learned a thing or two about bandaging stump legs and repairing scorched tech before I was shipped in here. I'm sure we'll make do."
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:44 am
"Without any bandages or tools? Impressive."

(( you have no repair kit, medkit or even first aid kit :P ))
((I have a blowtorch. That'll do, for most of those needs))
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 am
Funny! This one knows the drink.

"Hah. Perhaps. More like 'When life gives you Lemons, set life's house on fire. With the Lemons'."

Look at the nuke-armed ego next to me. "Buck. I have a command center. Can you write script. To triangulate on target. Using feeds from several coffins. Then transfer that data to shooters. Improve accuracy. Possible? If so, get it done before the mission. I trust you are capable of such a complex task?"
"Sure thing, partner. I can do it once I get access to your ship. Hell, maybe I can write it on my PDA, if it ain't a total piece o' scrap. Not sure if it'll be as mighty helpful as ye think, though. There's a reason there's special components for this kind o' stuff, scripts will only get you so far."
Try and write out a simple triangulation/targeting script on my PDA
if successful
-Send it to Lemons' PDA

Frank looks at the door with a blank face.

It would've really surprised me if he just let me leave anyway...But at least people resumed talking about more important matters
Caleb wrote: "We should probably make some kind of plan before running off to our ships, y'know?"
On that, a crooked smile creeps on Franks face. He leans back to Caleb and mutters equally quiet.

"But for that people have to actually talk about plans, no?"

After that he sits down again, taking another look at the map.

"Leadership and final team-composition aside...Alpha and Beta are likely to stay together for a good piece of the way, no? Unless..."

"SCAMPS, I take it that we're bound to the canyons themselves, yes? We'd risk premature discovery if we were to fly over the surrounding ridges, no?"

"And unless the hiltorel already have posts on the ridges, we can't really do much more than take the fastest way to our objectives..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

"Flying over the ridges should be fine. Hiltorel craft tend to have slow acceleration but a high top speed, which gives them an advantage in the sky. If you get one on your tail, fly close to the ground to try to lose them. Don't let them stay on your tail, and don't stay in one place for too long. Their ships are turreted. They don't give a shit how much you move, so long as you stay in the same general area."

Buck
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:31 am
Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 am
Funny! This one knows the drink.

"Hah. Perhaps. More like 'When life gives you Lemons, set life's house on fire. With the Lemons'."

Look at the nuke-armed ego next to me. "Buck. I have a command center. Can you write script. To triangulate on target. Using feeds from several coffins. Then transfer that data to shooters. Improve accuracy. Possible? If so, get it done before the mission. I trust you are capable of such a complex task?"
"Sure thing, partner. I can do it once I get access to your ship. Hell, maybe I can write it on my PDA, if it ain't a total piece o' scrap. Not sure if it'll be as mighty helpful as ye think, though. There's a reason there's special components for this kind o' stuff, scripts will only get you so far."
Try and write out a simple triangulation/targeting script on my PDA
if successful
-Send it to Lemons' PDA
You try to write out a simple triangulation/targeting script on your PDA. You think it's successful, and send it to Lemons.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"You seem to be about done, so listen up, fukcnuggets! Bob, the first-timer crap is regrettably still in effect, and you're in charge of Beta squad: you, Saoirse, Gearhead, Frank and Caleb. Brom gets to be in charge of Alpha purely because nobody else gave a shit. Alpha will consist of him, Buck, Lemons, Miles and Miranda. Finish up your plans and get your asses down to the hangar within ten minutes. If you're late for whatever reason - even if you inexplicably fall into a coma - I'll stick you in our waste recycler with the rest of the garbage."

((The mission proper won't start until everyone RPs going down to the hangar and getting in your CASKETs. Taking off and leaving the Nemesis will all be done via narration in the mission thread I'll put up after everyone is finished.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:59 pm
"You seem to be about done, so listen up, fukcnuggets! Bob, the first-timer crap is regrettably still in effect, and you're in charge of Beta squad: you, Saoirse, Gearhead, Frank and Caleb. Brom gets to be in charge of Alpha purely because nobody else gave a shit. Alpha will consist of him, Buck, Lemons, Miles and Miranda. Finish up your plans and get your asses down to the hangar within ten minutes. If you're late for whatever reason - even if you inexplicably fall into a coma - I'll stick you in our waste recycler with the rest of the garbage."

((The mission proper won't start until everyone RPs going down to the hangar and getting in your CASKETs. Taking off and leaving the Nemesis will all be done via narration in the mission thread I'll put up after everyone is finished.))
Give two quick claps
"Finally! Welp, on to it fellers!"
Run towards the hangar, excited
Get in my CASKET

Online Now