Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Knowing SCAMPS knows exactly what we actually did, unlike buck, I roll my eyes.
"Bob's our leader, which you would remember if your memory went further back than your last drink because you voted for him, and he's done a fine job of it."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:13 pm
Knowing SCAMPS knows exactly what we actually did, unlike buck, I roll my eyes.
"Bob's our leader, which you would remember if your memory went further back than your last drink because you voted for him, and he's done a fine job of it."
"Well, that means there must be someone actin' behind his back!"

Rubs chin and says sarcastically:
"N' I wonder who that might be, hmm..."

"Maybe the person who's spreadin' these dangerous alien-lovin' ideas in Beta is our mole? N' so far, you've been pretty fishy if you ask me!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:24 pm
"Maybe the person who's spreadin' these dangerous alien-lovin' ideas in Beta is our mole? N' so far, you've been pretty fishy if you ask me!"
"None of us were awake before this mission. Please make no accusations of such kind; it is not noodly."

Shake my head in disapproval.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I give a short appreciative smile at Ishmael, before frowning at SCAMPS again.
0111narwhalz wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:20 pm
"So we nicked that stellaplex for nothing? You just happened to have some lying around, or what?"

((Also, is nobody from Beta going to mention G-Man?))
"Yeah, you sent us to raid a colony of civilians, who you were apparently here to help in the first place, whose space station you now want to dock at, for something we don't even need in the first place?"

((Not at this point, and maybe not later - Saoirse believes the images must have been erased from our cameras like my scan data of him was erased from my PDA, or SCAMPS would have mentioned him, and she also doesn't think he would believe us if we told him with no evidence, and she's pretty pissed off at him altogether I have been informed I was mistaken))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"... are you deaf? That robot literally just said that he lied and we didn't need it. In case you didn't notice earlier that the ship was taking off while the stellaplex was still mounted on Brom's CASKET."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:45 am
"... are you deaf? That robot literally just said that he lied and we didn't need it. In case you didn't notice earlier that the ship was taking off while the stellaplex was still mounted on Brom's CASKET."
Open my mouth to say something, but pause and think for a few seconds

"So wait, the magic fuel was completely pointless? The hell, 'puter? I wanted to blow that place up as soon as we got there, but people whined 'bout it 'cause o' that stuff so I didn't! Ah well, fukc it, it was more fun goin' in down there on foot anyway. We forgive you for lyin', it's not like anythin' bad happened 'cause of it, except for my nuke! "

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:04 am
"So wait, the magic fuel was completely pointless? The hell, 'puter? I wanted to blow that place up as soon as we got there, but people whined 'bout it 'cause o' that stuff so I didn't! Ah well, fukc it, it was more fun goin' in down there on foot anyway. We forgive you for lyin', it's not like anythin' bad happened 'cause of it, except for my nuke! "
"If you want to go back and get it, I'm sure our friendly neighborhood SCAMPS could have a long walk out a short airlock arranged for you."

[IC]Frank[/IC]

((Hoo boy! It took us pretty much one year on the spot to get from conference to conference! That's some crazy timing!))
DEBRIEF wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:41 pm
*SCAMPS recounting happenings until the crash-landing*
So far it fell together with what Brenna had told him before the mission...
Infiltration, ambush, destruction, crashing...
Given that the first point got Frank landed here...it grated on him.

And that mole was likely to be still around, still able to wreak havoc...
DEBRIEFpost_id=165505 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:41 pm
*Morale shot to heck, lies and deception*
Even the acting captain was kept out of the loop? Bastard certainly deserved that...

The thought made a slight smile sneak on Frank's face, anger at him bristling underneath.
The reasons for SCAMPS' acting wiped both away though...

((Writing up rest in a bit!))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

As I listen to SCAMPS it only reinforces my distrust of him and the command staff. Bastards sent us out to die! And it was all for a morale boost! My heart sinks at this realization. They're even worse than the backstabbing command staff at Dashta.

I also take the chance to give Buck a healthy scowl. "Yeah, nothing bad happened, except that we lost almost a third of our men on a pointless mission just to give the non-expendable crew a fukcing morale boost!

And just because not all of us are as bloodthirsty as you are doesn't mean we're traitors. We just prefer to shoot people who can actually fight back."

cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am
As I listen to SCAMPS it only reinforces my distrust of him and the command staff. Bastards sent us out to die! And it was all for a morale boost! My heart sinks at this realization. They're even worse than the backstabbing command staff at Dashta.

I also take the chance to give Buck a healthy scowl. "Yeah, nothing bad happened, except that we lost almost a third of our men on a pointless mission just to give the non-expendable crew a fukcing morale boost!

And just because not all of us are as bloodthirsty as you are doesn't mean we're traitors. We just prefer to shoot people who can actually fight back."
"Oh c'mon, I saw how some o' them fought - that Mills fella literally stood 'round n' waited for the squids to shoot him down, while Lemon came to the battle without no weapon! They would've died anyway out here, pointless mission or not. Their deaths are crappy, n' I'd prefer if they were still alive, but they were screwed regardless. At least they went out as heroes fightin' for humanity! Not many folks can boast o' that!"

Exasperated, but diplomatic tone, to everyone:

"Look. I know all of us here come from different planets, different cultures n' all that shit, n' some of us have different opinions 'bout things. Like, squids for example! I think all squids are aliens n' enemies n' should be shot on sight like the rodents they are, while you think they shouldn't. I might think yer opinion is stupid, but hey, it's just that - an opinion! There ain't no reason to get so riled up 'bout opinions! We're all in this shit together now whether y'all like it or not, but it would help if y'all didn't always try n' make everything about how nice, n' good, n' progressive you are. There's scum out here that wants us dead, n' you might try n' be all nice n' diplomatic with 'em 'cause yer good folks n' give them the benefit of the doubt, but they'll most always try to trick you, n' when that happens I'll have your back. You know why? 'Cause we're in the same team, n' I'll be dead before I leave people on my team for aliens to use like a toy! If there's no trust between us, we're all screwed anyway!

N' I ain't bloodthirsty. The hell was I supposed to do, sit down n' have a beer with them n' talk out our differences? They wanted us to surrender, you think that's better than fightin' back? They're only 'diplomatic' when they're outnumbered n' outgunned, they'll stab you in the back as soon as they see the opportunity! I see no point in diplomacy with untrusty creatures like that."

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Not bloodthirsty? Not sure the civilians he tried to nuke agree...
but I can't bring that up cause he's not gonna listen anyway, and it'd only make me suspicious. Hmmmmmmmm...
Maybe if I put it like this he'll at least stop shooting me down constantly, and I'd also prefer not to be executed as traitor...

"Ok, l-look, Buck, it's pretty clear neither of us is going to convince the other here, so let's just...let it go...
You c-can be assured, any e-enemy who actually tries to kill you will get a lightning bolt in the face from me."

Sit down after making my riveting speech, smile
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:08 pm
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"Ok, l-look, Buck, it's pretty clear neither of us is going to convince the other here, so let's just...let it go...
Yeah, she totally sees I'm right, she's just too smug to admit it!
Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:08 pm
You c-can be assured, any e-enemy who actually tries to kill you will get a lightning bolt in the face from me."
Even if it's a filthy alien? We'll see about that. She looks mighty convinced by me layin' down the truth, but still wouldn't hurt keepin' an eye on her... N' lightnin' bolts? The hell is she talkin' 'bout?

Cautiously say:
"A'ight then. I can work with that, mostly."
Under my breath, but still audible to people around me: "An apology would be nice, but whatever."

Resist the urge to rub my 'victory' in Saoirse's face

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am
(booze-fuelled friendship monologue)
I find myself somehow amazed at how warped Buck's "logic" is, but I grudgingly acknowledge that he does have a point of sorts.

"I never argued against shooting the guys who actually try to kill us. Just try not to massacre more civilians than necessary, I guess. But you do have a point- we're all in this together. If we go around ripping each other's shit up over personal disagreements then we're not gonna have a fun time when we have to fight together."

Online Now