Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 am
Hema wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 pm
"Say, SCAMPS. Will the squads need leaders? Because I'd be willing to volunteer if needed. I don't mean to brag, but I was quite the leader back in the day."
"Hey mister, no offense meant, but back on my planet you don't choose to be no leader, you get chosen by the folks you lead. If there ain't no vote, that makes you a king, not a leader, and I think most of us here would prefer a leader. So, we should vote. Or hell, we could just not have no leader and do whatever we want! But if y'all wanna vote, we'd need to know all the people in our squad first."
"None taken, my good fellow! And you have a point; If we are to vote on squad leaders, then we should wait for our squads to be filled.
You should know however, that if assigned the position of squad leader, that I will most assuredly lead the squad to victory!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Smiles
"If it means anythin', I vote for Bob too even though I ain't team B."
Looking at Brom
"Eh, if anythin' will lead us to victory, it'll be my extensive experience and skill in these kinds o' situations. I've no interest in tellin' other people what to do though, so I ain't gonna put myself up as no candidate. You seem like a fine fella, and I'd vote for you, I just want to see who the last 2 people in our crew will be first."

Frank pinches the bridge of his nose in a subdued motion.

One side seems to enjoy the prospect of raiding a colony, and the others don't have a single care either, it seems!

"I'll keep out of this!"

"SCAMPS? Do I have the permission to go ahead to grab and check my equipment?"
If permission is given
-go to the armory
-grab my equipment
-go to the hangars
-make sure that the stuff is in working condition
-ask if it's alright to stow it in the CASKET already.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Frank
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm
Frank pinches the bridge of his nose in a subdued motion.

One side seems to enjoy the prospect of raiding a colony, and the others don't have a single care either, it seems!

"I'll keep out of this!"

"SCAMPS? Do I have the permission to go ahead to grab and check my equipment?"
If permission is given
-go to the armory
-grab my equipment
-go to the hangars
-make sure that the stuff is in working condition
-ask if it's alright to stow it in the CASKET already.
"Sure thing," SCAMPS says. "Head right on down to your CASKET, get ready to go. But don't go to the armory, ask Mara down in the hangar."

You get up from your seat and head to the door. Just before you reach it, it rapidly slides shut with a hiss.

It's SCAMPS. Who else? In a voice dripping with contempt, he asks rhetorically, "Oh, you're not finished deciding who goes where yet, are you? Sit the fukc back down, Frank, and get this shit taken care of. I know we're all lowlife thugs and criminals, but let's try to have some semblance of professionalism here. And if the last people turn out to be mute, or deaf, or just more retarded than the rest of you, then choose for them. I have ways of making sure they fall in line."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"Fucking hell, this place is like a board room after affirmative action." Miranda said to herself as she sat in one of the chairs.

"Look, we can vote for squad leaders but it's practically pointless. I assume you've all had slightly more time than I have outside of cryo so you probably know one or two of these people at least superficially. That means that voting at this point is essentially the same as a lottery."
"Personally I think SCAMPS should decide. Considering 'he' is a computer, he should be able to make an informed decision based on our pasts."

Miranda paused and shook her head with a sigh.
"I'm content with either squad. To be honest it doesn't make that much difference, they're both equally suicidal. I do have a feeling that my skills may be slightly more useful recovering the salvage though."

She observed the man being scolded by SCAMPS, thinking to herself how much of an unnecessary asshole this SCAMPS was and feeling somewhat empathetic with 'Frank'.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

A grin manages to sneak onto my face despite my best efforts. This Bob guy's going places. I figure we can safely let him win- the "squad" is going to be quite disorganized most likely anyway, so it's not like we really need a proper commander. Hopefully people's common sense will win out. Besides, I can always offer "suggestions" if need be...

"I was a Corporal in my planet's PDF before I got shipped here, but I never came close to commanding anything like this." I rub the back of my neck sheepishly. "The most I led was a buddy team!"

When Frank attempts to leave I give him a look. We haven't even made anything resembling a plan yet! SCAMPS quickly shuts him down, fortunately, though I wince a bit at his tone. Once Frank is stopped, I lean in closer to mutter to him, "We should probably make some kind of plan before running off to our ships, y'know?"

Triggerhappy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 am
Look up from the pad.
"Alexei Ortov. Call me Lemons."
Miranda smiled and laughed lightly. "Lemons, like... Lemon Ruski?"
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Funny! This one knows the drink.

"Hah. Perhaps. More like 'When life gives you Lemons, set life's house on fire. With the Lemons'."

Look at the nuke-armed ego next to me. "Buck. I have a command center. Can you write script. To triangulate on target. Using feeds from several coffins. Then transfer that data to shooters. Improve accuracy. Possible? If so, get it done before the mission. I trust you are capable of such a complex task?"

Online Now