Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm
"I believe it would be beneficial to lend out support to engineering!
Nobody will take us seriously if we're flying around in a scrap heap like this.
Think about it. With their help we can have a ship befitting that of a legend!
When we fly in, people will take notice.
They will look upon our magnificent vessel, and be awestruck by its beauty!
We'll be somebody of importance to them. A ray of hope wherever we go.

Should we neglect engineering however, we will be a laughing stock.
Shop owners will shutter their windows and lock their doors at our approach.
We'll be seen as mere beggars, and people will avoid contact with us.
In our current predicament, this is unacceptable. We must bolster engineering.

I would also suggest putting some work into repairing the comm systems.
Our weapons, shields and hull are in no shape for us to be fighting.
This leaves us with communication to avoid conflict.
Fortunately, we already have a master negotiator among us.
With me here, we won't have to fight, as those we encounter will gladly bend to our will!
Our enemies will lay down their arms at our approach, and some may even request an alliance.

Further still, I believe that warp-capability will aid us immensely!
In order to increase productivity, we must have access to more resources, and there are only so many we can obtain from this system.
No, we must have the ability to go elsewhere. With warp engines, we can spread out fame far and wide!

Finally I believe it wise for us to rebuild our sensors.
After all, what good are comm systems if we can't see who's around?
Surely we will not risk sacrificing our ship to learn of the enemy's location!
With minimal sensors, comm systems and yours truly handling negotiations, we can keep the ship and its crew happy and alive!

These are the suggestions of the famed Brom Keegan!
Please give them careful consideration."
"Comms system? If they ain't willin' to negotiate up-close n' personal, they're up to no good anyway! Ya know what a pretty-lookin' scrap heap with no guns is called? Pirate booty! We ain't in the inner-worlds where you can just flash yer crap 'round n' not have the guns to protect it. Ya think the next crafty bandit or alien death ship we run into will give a shit whether we have good comms or not? Havin' a cool paintjob n' fancy comms ain't gonna do us no good on it's own. We can get that crap later, we dun' need to talk with no one in-system right now anyway. Guns, engines, sensors n'.... n' whatever the hell that last thing we've decided on is are way more important!"

((To prevent confusion: when my character says 'engines', he actually means warp drive))
"Ah Buck. You have served Alpha well during the last mission, and you learned much, but there seems to be great deal still that I can teach you.
Suppose we encountered an enemy vessel during our glorious trek across the galaxy. What would happen were they to open fire on our ship in its current state? Without shields and no way to for my voice to grace their ears, could they not simply disable our weapons with a single well-placed strike?
As a master assassin, let me tell you that we would be no different from one of my past targets.
The universe needs to hear about the exalted Brom Keegan, and his squad of legends! And while I'd love to bless our foes with a good thrashing, it will have to wait until we have our shields back.
So put your trust in Brom Keegan! If we all work together, I can ensure the safety and well-being of everyone here!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

outlander wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 pm
Condescending pirate-speak
Initially look irate and prepared to argue, but grow increasingly confused by Ishmael's weird accent and weird demeanor, then turn my head to Brom
Hema wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 pm
Pretentious self-aggrandizement that's too much even for me
Look with a blank poker face
Man... these folks, they've got some real proper problems...

"Y'all know what? Just make sure to buy some booze, proper guns n' food, I dun' give a hoot about the other stuff. Them three things are my stribulations for agreein', n' the rest you can talk out with -"

Pause and look at Saoirse awkwardly, realizing that I don't even know her name
if she presumably says her name:
"yeah, Sirshah, she planned out all o' that other stuff we mentioned."
if she does not say her name, just substitute "Sarooise" with "her"
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:21 pm
"yeah, Sarooise, she planned out all o' that other stuff we mentioned."
It takes me just the extra second long enough before realising Buck is asking for my name to make the situation awkward, and I answer
"Saoirse"

(( look I know mispronouncing her name is everyone's favorite passtime, but you can only really do that if you're trying to read it, it's not actually hard to pronounce when you just hear it :P ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 am
(( ? I don't get what you're trying to say. I pronounce it seersha [/sirʃa/] myself, which is a correct pronunciation ))
((Of course what you say is the correct way. I'm merely proposing more phonetically plausible corruptions for those who insist upon doing the mispronounciation thing. While the usual /saorais/ makes sense from a spelling standpoint, it makes substantially less sense if the person doing the mangling has heard the name already.))

Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:36 am
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:21 pm
"yeah, Sarooise, she planned out all o' that other stuff we mentioned."
It takes me just the extra second long enough before realising Buck is asking for my name to make the situation awkward, and I answer
"Saoirse"

(( look I know mispronouncing her name is everyone's favorite passtime, but you can only really do that if you're trying to read it, it's not actually hard to pronounce when you just hear it :P ))
((Sorry, yeah, I actually realized that after someone told me in IRC how it's actually pronounced, since I didn't know IRL myself and thought it was pronounced a lot differently than it actually is. I'll change it to something that makes more sense))

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"Anyway, er... Marina does bring up a good point - we technically have enough money to buy good food for one month and cheap for another, instead of 2 months of cheap food. It'd make us slightly more broke than we already are, but would probably be good for morale after the ordeal the crew just went through. Seems like a good idea to you guys?"
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 am
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"Anyway, er... Marina does bring up a good point - we technically have enough money to buy good food for one month and cheap for another, instead of 2 months of cheap food. It'd make us slightly more broke than we already are, but would probably be good for morale after the ordeal the crew just went through. Seems like a good idea to you guys?"
"Oh yeah, sure as hell! We can't live just on cheap crap forever! Last thing I'd want is for our fridges to be filled with nothin' but trash like Lucky Striker, that disguistin' Uralien beer or them veggie-terrian fried chickens!"

Online Now