Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Satisfied, I turn away and head to the mess hall.
Once there, I order another ration bar (flavour unspecified) and survey the room.

After an appropriately long pause: "…So… what's up with those guys?" I indicate Frank's table. "Did someone upset mister spoon-in-a-microwave?"
If the answer seems like the end of the conversation:
-I seat myself at an unoccupied table adjacent to an occupied one, facing towards the other inmates, and begin eating the ration bar.
Else:
-I attempt to continue the conversation.
-I start eating the ration bar at the counter.

Look down at my unfamiliar, ugly, armored hands. Nothing like the smooth, precise, custom models I had... before.

These are not my hands.
They took away my hands.
I will need to take theirs.

Look around the metal hall, and realize - this is not the fun prison I was expecting, full of scared little toys in orange costumes.

Metal walls. Metal everything. Not stone.
They put me on a spaceship. I dislike those.
Metal does not suffer.

Walk down the hall until I find a quieter section. Lean against a wall and begin reading from the tablet, figuring out where I am and what's going on.

(( Sukava is still disoriented, incapable of thinking with full clarity, and very angry. This gives me a chance to figure out how to run the character, and keeps me from starting adventures 1 turn away from a briefing. ))

((Okay, we'll say her arms suffered necrosis due to some failed cryo tech from the crash-landing (and the fact that she's been down for three days) previous arms were confiscated so they replaced them with less-shiny robotic prosthetics. Just in case anyone asks. :D ))

((edited with new info))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 pm
Look down at my unfamiliar, ugly, armored hands. Nothing like the smooth, precise, custom models I had... before.

These are not my hands.
They took away my hands.
I will need to take theirs.

Look around the metal hall, and realize - this is not the fun prison I was expecting, full of scared little toys in orange costumes.

Metal walls. Metal everything. Not stone.
They put me on a spaceship. I dislike those.
Metal does not suffer.

Walk down the hall until I find a quieter section. Lean against a wall and begin reading from the tablet, figuring out where I am and what's going on.

(( Sukava is still disoriented, incapable of thinking with full clarity, and very angry. This gives me a chance to figure out how to run the character, and keeps me from starting adventures 1 turn away from a briefing. ))
Hopelessly lost again, complain as I walk:

"...the goddamn hell am I!? Where's the... where's the bridge... Wait, have I been here already!? Why's this ship so goddamn confusing!?"

Bumble into Trigger's character leaning against the wall

"Hey, partner! Where the fukc am I? I swear, this place is like one o' them mazes rich folk have in their yard! 'Cept this one's made o' tin instead o' grass, so you can't just bust through the walls! I've some urgent business with the captain, but he's so hidden on this ship that I'm starting to think I'll never find him!"

((I hope 'accidentally' stumbling into Trigger's character doesn't constitute metagaming))

Talvieno wrote:"Do?" Crank looks confused for a moment, before his face alights with understanding. "Oh, work and stuff? Yaha, of course! There's always tons for us big boys to do. See, Bryce - er, Mr. Mayweather - down in the hangar always has something he'd be happy with us lifting. Mara sometimes has work too. Sometimes they even give me some credits for it!" He pats his chest amicably and laughs. "You wanna go down there and see what we can rustle up?"
*excited and happy*
Yes!
Bob wanna work, Bob bored, working bob not bored bob!

*Hesitating*
Who is nicest?

When Crank answers: become excited again and follow him to the nicest person who can give me work, proceed to ask the person in question for work while being excited and introducing Jimmy and myself as "Meh Bob".
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

...a broken metal can full of fun little toys to...
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:32 am

"Hey, partner! Where the fukc am I? I swear, this place is like one o' them mazes rich folk have in their yard! 'Cept this one's made o' tin instead o' grass, so you can't just bust through the walls! I've some urgent business with the captain, but he's so hidden on this ship that I'm starting to think I'll never find him!"

((I hope 'accidentally' stumbling into Trigger's character doesn't constitute metagaming))
Look up, putting a heavily armored, fire-resistant lid on my rage.

Smile at the ugly bastard.

"Hey handsome. The medical bay is back that way, if it helps. What's a man like you looking for?"

Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:02 pm
...a broken metal can full of fun little toys to...
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:32 am

Look up, putting a heavily armored, fire-resistant lid on my rage.

Smile at the ugly bastard.

"Hey handsome. The medical bay is back that way, if it helps. What's a man like you looking for?"
"The captain, 'cause there's literally no food or drinks on the ship! I mean, we're just back from fightin' them disgustin' aliens out there, only to come back for that asshole in the kitchen to tell me they dun' have anythin' to eat or drink! The hell kind o' kitchen has no food!? What are they expectin' us to do, lie down n' starve? I'm goin' to the captain to tell 'em that this here is some real bullshit!"

Very brief pause

"N' to maybe pay him to give me some o' his own. Anyways, dun' remember you from the mission. Were you in that Ana-somethin' woman's squad? Or..."

Slightly condescendingly:"...with that robo-alien-woman?"

Give Lance an energetic handshake; taking care to insure that my grip is ever-so-slightly tighter than his.
*booming voice*
“A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Rayden!
It's a bit saddening that you've not yet heard of me, but not unexpected.
Many years have passed since I last graced the galaxy, so it's only natural that a few people would forget.
It is my intention to remind people of the hero they once knew and loved. I promise you that in a few short years, there will not be a creature alive who does not know my name! You can be certain of that, for I always keep my word."

Quickly turn, and wink at the nearest attractive woman in the room, and return my focus to Lance.

"Now let's get down to business! I've come to solve Mara's power troubles, and you had better believe that I will move heaven and earth to achieve that goal! Now what say you, Lance Rayden? Are you going to let the chance to work with a galactic legend slip through your fingers? Or will you provide me the chance to help those aboard this ship? Choose your answer wisely, as an opportunity like this may not come again!”
Breaker of fortune cookies

Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm
"Have you tried the bridge?" Find the map on my tablet. "It's that way." Point down the opposite hall of where the bridge is located.
"Oh, thanks a ton! You're a real life-saver, ya know? I dun' really 'ave the time to memorize what's where on this god-awful ship. I swear, n' I'm tellin' you this right now, whoever planned these halls out was a complete n' total moron!"
Triggerhappy wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm
"Nope, they just woke me up! I can't believe stealing from liquor from a bar got me sent here!" Offer a hand to shake to this fat idiot. "I'm Marina."
"What!? Sent here for stealin' booze!? That's some real bullshit! I mean, I get stealin's bad, but everyone has their needs, ya can't fault 'em for that!"

Shake Marina's hand

"You must be from one o' them shitty shithole planets with a pansy govnerment that tries to control everythin' their people do! If you ask me, if that bar owner wanted his booze back, he should've just shot you or somethin' - if he ain't able to do that, he dun' deserved it in the first place! Name's Buck, by the way. Well, at least it's nice to see some real good, honest folk on this ship, though I've gotta warn ya - bein' nice n' kind won't do you no favors when you're out here. The kind o' things we're dealin' with are absolutely terrible, n' you'll see for yourself! It's a good thing there's battle-hardened soldiers like me who've seen all the tricks they have, so you'll have who to learn from! Anyways, catch ya later, I need to speak to the captain!"

Go searching for the bridge in the direction that Marina pointed at

[IC]Frank[/IC]

At Buck leaving, and Saoirse's words, Frank slumps over completely, feeling only miserable.
Wincing that this happened before everyone's eyes only made it worse, he turns to look at Brenna with a regretful and defeated face.

He then drags himself over to where Saoirse took a seat near Caleb.

"I-...Sorry for that..." he says, voice hollow.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

[IC]Caleb[/IC]
F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 am
Oh, thank the FSM, someone who might speak. I retract my hand from Gene and turn to Frank as the awkward silence drags on. I still desperately avert my eyes from the women. I feel even worse after Gene's near-catatonia there. Why does everything have to go wrong?!

Trying not to seem too desperate for a distraction, and able to read the mood of my first real comrade here to a degree, I put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, what's up, man? Haven't seen you since we got back. You don't look too good. Something go wrong?"

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 am
friendly smile
"Oh, t-that's ok, Frank, Buck seems to have that effect on people... he got me shouting at him earlier too."
short frown, then smile again
I shove a chair back next to me.
"Here, have a seat and eat a bit. You'll feel better. I think."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now