Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

(( I'm kinda confused here - if I'm outside, either he's trying to desert to... the inside of the ship, or I have X-ray vision? ))
I wasn't supposed to use these on people, but is cuma liom sa diabhal*, I'm not going to let people get hurt because of dumb rules...
I try to use my stasis amp on the guy. If it fails, I try again, but no more than four times in total.
If I manage to trap him at some point,
I shout "He can't shoot at us while he's in there, but the shield doesn't last forever!
And somebody get a medic!"
Then I walk over to the guy and say
"I don't get you. I mean sure, I get that you're afraid. We all are. But do you really think you'd be safer on a bualadh craicinn** Hiltorel colony than on this ship?
And even if you did, what kind of person shoots a friend to get to safety?"
If nobody else seems to be doing something to get the weapon away from him, I follow up with
"Now drop the gun unless you want to get 10000 Volts to the face." while letting the electro amp cause small lightning bolts to arc from my right hand in a menacing fashion, and really really hoping I won't have to use it.
If I'm asked to drop the stasis field (not by the bad guy in it, obviously) and it seems safe to do so, I drop it.

If somehow I managed to miss him four times with the stasis amp instead, I start to chase him while trying to keep cover between us.

((
* I don't give a damn
** f***ing
))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

((You are "outside" as in, you are in an area where there is a very clear and obvious hull breach, and Nanyej atmosphere isn't quite friendly to human life, necessitating suits. The floor is dirt, because no ship floor. about three and a half walls are ship walls, while half of one of the walls is a gap to the "true outside", as in, completely outside what would be the ship, if the ship was actually fully repaired.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

((They're bulldozing the floor so they can put a new one in to seal off the top floors of what used to be the medbay, so they can begin repairing that, so that the doctors have somewhere to work besides engineering. After we're off the ground and safely up in space, they can begin rebuilding the rest of the medbay. Essentially, we're reclaiming part of what used to be the ship.

The gap in the wall gets fixed last, as we're currently using it to toss out scraps. After the floor is in place, the engineers will probably take all the scrap back in, because why throw away scrap metal, right? It's not like we're getting any more metal anytime soon. And then we'll seal the last hole in the hull, which means we can re-pressurize the area and finally get people working in there without suits.
Spoiler:      SHOW
))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

You stare blankly at Anelle for a moment, but suddenly you remember what you were trying to do. "Bob looking for stuff to do, Bob wants to help. Jimmy too," you add, holding Jimmy out for Anelle to see.

"Awww!" Anelle coos, giggling. "That's adorable! Your bear looks so sweet!" She still sounds a little nervous, but she seems to be getting over it quickly. Girls tend to like you for some reason. Jimmy makes a good wingman.

You put Jimmy back on your shoulder. "Why nothing left at front?"

"We had to deal with a big fight," she explains. "Some bad people were trying to hurt us. They almost killed me. They blew up a lot of the front of the ship... and my library." Anelle points behind you. "That was where my library was." She pauses; her eyebrows knit together as she thinks. "Hmm... I'm sure there's somewhere you could help. You look really strong..." She eyes your muscles for a moment. Then, she catches herself, looks up at your face, and quickly glances away with a giggle that she tries to stifle. Finally, she offers helpfully, "Well... it's a really big ship. If you're interested, I think we can probably find something for you to do with that in Engineering or Medical..."
'Grrrr, Bob no like bad people, bad people always try to hurt Bob. Makes Bob want to try to hurt bad people.'
A dark cloud seems to pass over Bob's face but it's gone in an instant and Bob's face clears up
'You had library? Bob like book, book has nice pictures in it' Bob says with a smile.
'Bob very strong'
Bob flexes his muscles
'Bob glad to help Anelle'
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Thinking back to the messhall and engineering, Frank can't help but think darkly,

Why is everyone so surprised when someone fixes the pipes? It's just a bit of plumbing, for dustbunny's sake!

Shaking his head though, he concentrates back on the task at hand.

Crossbow, some useful bolts and tips. The first-aid kit is very basic though. Not many useful things inside...repair kit...I guess I should take a look at the hangar, perhaps they can give me a few hints for when I need to make repairs at some point...That reminds me...

Use the terminal to find out if the tranquilizers work properly on the hiltorel.
Look for some kind of basic sign language that humans can use to give signals to hiltorel and download them to the PDA.
Then look if there's a way for the terminal to register the REKT-token.
If there is one.
- Use the token to buy a pack of coagulant boosters for missions.
If there's none.
- Handle the purchase via available personal.

After wrapping that up, move over to the hangars.
Politely ask for hints and tips for emergency repairs on a CASKET that can be done with a normal repair kit.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Triggerhappy wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Look around.
"No time. Looks around. They are almost done with a batch of these coffins. We must be leaving. Soon."
Look (down) at Buck.
"Computers. Electronics. How good are you with them? I have ideas. Weapons. Virus. Maybe later. When we have time. And resources. Could use help."

( ( Talvieno says that the mission starts when everyone is done doing what they are doing. So I am not sure if I want to try this now or later. Not sure if you are willing to help either but that's a different issue :P In case you are curious, my plan is to get some compressed computer viruses made to use on the mission by people who can't hack or computer for shit ( like Lemons). Theoretically we should be able to use our PDAs or other terminals to make this happen. Long ago Jimmy Triggerhappy was going to do this, but never go to it. From what I remember back then, we might even get bonuses to the virus if we get some other people with high computer/hacking skills to help in making it. ))
((I'm all for it, but:

1. Would Tal allow this? Seems kinda gamey to me TBH
2. I'd personally prefer doing it after the mission, unless it could literally be done in 1-2 turns))

"Oh, take my word, there ain't no better with 'em than me. I could do what you're askin', though I'm not sure I can get to any satisfactory equipment right now on this tin can"

((So, Tal, could we do something like this right now? How long would it take?"))

((I've sorted it out with Trigger. Trigger was referring to something he asked me over a year ago in PM in IRC - specifically, "Can a bunch of hackers get together on the Tartarus to make a powerful virus to either hack the tartarus for information or get a message to your families". The answer was, tentatively, yes. However, Trigger is now trying to turn it into something wildly different, as you've seen. So, my ground rules for this:
1. Viruses cannot "idle" - they hit a target immediately. If you do not provide one, they will hit you. Non-hackers cannot do this reliably. If they could, what good is hacking skill?
2. Multi-person hacks can only be made from people working on the same computer system, which means yes for Nemesis/Tartarus, no for CASKET
3. Multi-person hacks should only work on the same system that they're created on. Otherwise I can have you just gather everyone together in the Nemesis's computer labs and you can hack the universe. ))

(( So, to work with what Talvieno said: We can try to hack the ship for information, without the wrath of the GM descending onto us. :D ))

(( If you feel like it, we can try to do it now, but I think we should actually wait till after the mission and get several people working to accomplish this, rather than rushing it now. For now, we can just wander the ship for something to do or something eventful to happen until the mission starts, which I assume is soon. Or make something eventful ourselves. Either way, up to you, but we should probably hurry up with our turns :P ))

Triggerhappy wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:59 pm
(( So, to work with what Talvieno said: We can try to hack the ship for information, without the wrath of the GM descending onto us. :D ))

(( If you feel like it, we can try to do it now, but I think we should actually wait till after the mission and get several people working to accomplish this, rather than rushing it now. For now, we can just wander the ship for something to do or something eventful to happen until the mission starts, which I assume is soon. Or make something eventful ourselves. Either way, up to you, but we should probably hurry up with our turns :P ))
((Yep, we'll do it after the mission. If you ask me, I wouldn't even post any actions 'till the mission since we don't have anything useful to do. Rather than waste Tal's time having him write our idling, we can just RP it and say that the mission announcement comes in the middle of our conversation or something. Or if you have anything you REALLY want to do, I'll just say I go along with it in my actions))

(( Hap: I am told the mission starts at the end of next turn. Might as well do a little good around here. We will see about the hacking after the mission. Might also need your help building a mech. ))

"We wait. Until after the mission. Perhaps resources will be available."
Look around once more, looking for some non-CASKET work to do. Help where needed.
Don't get myself into more trouble.

"Thanks for letting me see your PSI amp in action, Saoirse. I look forward to seeing how well it works in a combat situation.
Unfortunately, I have to head to the hanger now. I've got someone there I need to meet with, and I'm sure most of the workers could use a morale boost.
I'm glad you met me, Saoirse. You'll make a fine sidekick. "

Head to the hangar, waving and smiling at everyone I pass.
When I arrive, find the woman named Mara, and greet her.
“Greetings, Mara! The striking man that stands before you is none other than great Brom Keegan! I'm certain you have heard tales of my heroic deeds and adventures in Ermhelm
I'll have time to retell them later. For now, I am here on business. “
Offer handshake
“Mr. Schernz told me that you would be the one to talk to about the new CASKET technology. What sorts of changes have there been, and what features are there that should I be aware of before flying?”
Breaker of fortune cookies

Online Now