Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

Hi Mr. Crank!
Meh Bob and this Jimmy *flash crank a smile and hold Jimmy out for him to see*
Why you made of metal?
You look like toy Bob once had, was also made of metal *smile*
Was called mechaJimmy.
Bad boss took mechaJimmy when Bob not did good job *sad look*
Nobody will take you will they Mr. Crank?
Can Bob give you hug?

Follow Crank around and keep chatting his ears off.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:02 am
I fail to hide my expression becoming nervous when I notice Buck approach, only for it to turn annoyed when he starts to speak.

"D-don't worry Buck, I'm sure she'll see all of your...er...heroic deeds when she reviews the video feeds from our helmets..."

I turn back to Cho, waiting for her to reply to my question, and friendlily remind her of it after she's done talking to Buck if she seems to have forgotten.
Think:

"Wut... We had cameras...?"

Momentarily pause talking to Cho/the mech, tell Saoirse

"Heh, even better, though I've gotta warn ya, there was some weird shit goin' on in there... Wouldn't be surprised if the squids messed with the cameras somehow. They've been really obsessed with screwin' me up 'specially, for some reason."

Turn back to Cho/the mech if I was in the middle of a conversation

"Anyways, as I was sayin'..."

Continue the conversation

I look down at my prosthetics, dismayed at how flimsy they appear. Seriously, I'm pretty sure they made these things out of aluminum or something! I wave quickly in Cho's direction, resolving to talk to her after I'm less...metal. I have the money for more natural legs. Although I'm rather less than impressed with the operating theater they have set up here. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, and they already cut me up on the floor anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

I give Cho and the group a quick wave, hobbling over to the medics to ask for grown legs to replace the scrap metal they have stuck on my legs right now.

Walk over to the table containing the loot for my mission.
If the table is manned, ask the scientist/engineer/fan there if I can take the drakedog teeth.
"Hello there!
I'm Brom Keegan, the legendary assassin and hero of Ermhelm!
You may have heard my full title a moment ago.
I need the drakedog teeth I obtained in my previous mission.
If you're finished with them, I'll take them off your hands now.
I've a promise to keep, and I always keep my word!"

If given the go-ahead, I will take the teeth, thank the worker at the table, and move to the table with the drill.
(Should the table be unmanned, I will take the teeth and go off in search of the drill.)

When I get to the tool table, I will find the drill, and attach a bit that's sized appropriately for boring a small hole in the teeth.
If there's someone working at the table, I will ask for their assistance in drilling the holes I require.

"Greetings! It is I, Brom Keegan! Ballistics expert, master assassin, leader of Alpha, and mighty slayer of squids!
Impressive as my list of titles (and indeed talents) may be, I need your help with a small matter. "

Hold out the teeth

"These are from a large beast I slew during the last mission.
I had planned on turning these into a necklace to fulfill a promise I made to the leader of Beta.
However due to my injuries, I'm afraid my hands may not be as steady as they normally are.
Could you spare a moment to drill some holes for me? You will have gained a friend if you do, and I always look out for my friends!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 pm
I give Cho and the group a quick wave, hobbling over to the medics to ask for grown legs to replace the scrap metal they have stuck on my legs right now.
(( Do note this (and your levelling and other purchases) has to go into the armoury thread to be canon ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Update! If I missed anything, let me know.

Saoirse, Bob, Buck
Spoiler:      SHOW
Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:53 pm
I tear my eyes off Crank's modifications and give both Crank and Cho a wave and a shy smile, while surpressing the minor urge to hide behind Bob at the sight of so many people.
"H-hi! I'm Saoirse, and this" points at Bob "is Bob. Nice t-to meet you guys!
And Cho, I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier, I - I guess I was a tad stressed...
Erm. So, er, there weren't any restaurants near the nacelle, but" sly smile "surely 'Brom Keegan, Master assassin, supreme ruler of the Ermhelm Underworld, and leader of the fabled Alpha Squad' must have managed to acquire some cuisine for you?
But errrrrrr, so, er, and I'm not blaming you here, but er, how were we able to lift off without the stellaplex? Did SCAMPS lie to us?"
Cha0zz wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 am
Hi Mr. Crank!
Meh Bob and this Jimmy *flash crank a smile and hold Jimmy out for him to see*
Why you made of metal?
You look like toy Bob once had, was also made of metal *smile*
Was called mechaJimmy.
Bad boss took mechaJimmy when Bob not did good job *sad look*
Nobody will take you will they Mr. Crank?
Can Bob give you hug?

Follow Crank around and keep chatting his ears off.
Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 am
Notice some kind of commotion going on, have my attention drawn to the mech and Cho
Also notice Saoirse telling them something, immediately think:

"That must be the captain! And that girl from Beta must be tryin'a steal credit for killin' the big scary green thing! Well, I'll be damned, but not on my watch!"

Brazenly approach the group of people talking, interrupt whatever conversation it is that they were having, and extend my hand to Cho (and, after her, the mech)

"Why, heya there! The name's Buck, but y'all probably know that already! I'm the guy from Alpha that killed that big dragon thing. Well, me and Frank, I guess, but he's not here. I'm also the one that turned the gravity off - cunnin', huh? Squids never saw it comin'!"

if one of them refuses to shake my hand, scratch the back of my neck with it, pretending like I wasn't even trying to shake theirs
if, after my introduction, Cho or the mech still seem to be interested in talking with me about the mission (or other things), try and keep their attention and continue chatting about said topic (and bragging, of course) until it seems like the conversation is starting to run it's course
Once the general conversation seems to be over, go to the cafeteria
Saoirse tears her eyes off Crank's modifications, as amazing as they are, and gives both him and Cho a shy smile, suppressing the urge to hide behind Bob at the sight of so many people. "H - Hi! I'm Saoirse, and this is Bob. Nice to meet you guys!"

"Meh Bob! This Jimmy!" Bob chimes in, holding out his stuffed teddy bear. "Why you made of metal?"

Crank laughs deeply. "Oh, this? Yaha, see, I got my legs shot off, so I thought, ya know, why not just get a full upgrade!" He makes an action-figure pose (amidst much whirring of motors) and laughs again. "You're a pretty big guy yourself though, Bob! Glad ya made it out. And nice to meet Jimmy, too!" He offers Jimmy a fist-bump; his fingers alone are as wide as Jimmy's arm.

"You look like toy Bob once had, was also made of metal!" Bob says, smiling. "Was called 'Mechajimmy'. Bad boss took Mechajimmy when Bob not did good job. Nobody take you, will they, Mr. Crank? Can Bob give you hug!"

The big guy looks incredibly pleased and intensely interested in Bob's story. "Aww, shucks, sure! O'course ya can." Bob and Crank give each other a huge hug (huge in multiple ways), and start chatting over to the side, discussing favorite foods and games. Meanwhile, Saoirse is still talking to Cho.

"Cho, I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier," Saoirse says. "I - I guess I was a tad stressed."

She nods understandingly. "It's okay, everybody gets stressed out sometimes. Even on missions!"

"Erm. So, er, there weren't any restaurants near the nacelle, but..." Saoirse pauses, giving a sly smile, before she continues, "surely 'Brom Keegan, Master assassin, supreme ruler of the Ermhelm Underworld, and leader of the fabled Alpha Squad' must have managed to acquire some cuisine for you?"

But Brom Keegan, Master Assassin, is nowhere to be seen. Instead, Buck comes marching up. Saoirse is slightly nervous about this, but as soon as Buck opens his mouth, she just becomes annoyed. "Why, heya there! The name's Buck, but y'all probably know that already! I'm the guy from Alpha that killed that big dragon thing. Well, me and Frank, I guess, but he's not here. I'm also the one that turned the gravity off - cunnin', huh? Squids never saw it comin'!"

"Big dragon thing?" Cho asks, a bit surprised. "Not just hiltorel then? Oh, that must've been such a fun fight! I wish they'd let me go on missions too." She shakes Buck's hand, and then, as though unable to restrain herself, springs forward and gives him a quick one-armed hug. "It's so nice to meet you! And you too, Saoirse. And - you're Caleb, right?" she asks, addressing Caleb, who is standing nearby. He merely waves at her and starts walking away. "Aw, is he still upset about me not letting him come home? I really did let him come back as soon as I could..."

Nobody else seems concerned. In fact, Saoirse smirks at Buck's bragging. "Don't worry, Buck," she says, "I'm sure she'll see all of your...er...heroic deeds when she reviews the video feeds from our helmets..."

Buck looks shellshocked at this. "Uh..." he mumbles nervously. Then he perks right back up. "Heh, even better, though I've gotta warn ya, there was some weird shit goin' on in there... Wouldn't be surprised if the squids messed with the cameras somehow. They've been really obsessed with screwin' me up 'specially, for some reason." He looks a bit uncomfortable. He also very clearly hates the squids with all he's got.

After giving an amused smile at Buck's confusion, Saoirse turns back to Cho. "But errrrrrr, so, er, and I'm not blaming you here, but er, how were we able to lift off without the stellaplex? Did SCAMPS lie to us?"

Cho's demeanor immediately spirals down from joyous reunion to hesitant apology. "Well..." she begins uncomfortably, tapping her fingertips together, "Maybe a little? I... I didn't find out about it until the mission was half over - I'm being completely honest here, I promise - but SCAMPS... well..." She pauses, hesitates, and then finally admits, "SCAMPS doesn't trust you. He doesn't trust a lot of the people on the ship, actually. Some of higher command thinks our copy of SCAMPS is way too paranoid, or maybe defective, but... well, I don't know. He always seemed this way to me. He never felt like he could depend on anyone for anything. I think he was testing you, if that makes sense? He was testing a lot of people - looking for the mole."

Vynkor
0111narwhalz wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:39 pm
Mekkin wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:20 am
Might take you as an assistant or bodyguard, if you didn't seem to attract loss of limb. I value my own highly, see.
"Nah, it's just my left arms. You'd probably be fine. No guarantees on your left arm, though."
Mekkin wrote:
I may ask for your help in the future.
I narrow my eyes at Mekkin. I don't really want to remain indebted to the guy, but surely he can't call on anything crazy for a few hundred creds, right? I've seen this kind of deal before, though—been on both sides of it.
"What's the interest?"
You eye Mekkin suspiciously. You really don't like the idea of staying in debt, but honestly, what kind of crazy thing could he call on for just a few hundred creds? You've been on both sides of this deal before, though. "What's the interest?" you ask cautiously.

"Quite simple," Mekkin says, still distracted; he holds an empty syringe up to the light, taps it, and sets it down. He then turns to you, giving you his full attention. "Allies," he says firmly, as though the single word contains all the information you'll ever need. "It is a wise course of action to surround yourself with dependable individuals, regardless of how socially inept they are, or how prone to losing limbs. When I saved you, you were only minutes from exsanguination. Many... less calculating individuals," he says with an air of contempt, "would hold that they immediately owe me a 'life-debt'. You did not. This, and your immediate repaying of your debt, has impressed me. I feel like we can deal on near-even terms." He turns back to his work, and finishes, "Working together would benefit us both. Although you regard me with some distaste, we are like-minded individuals, after all."

Ishmael
outlander wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:15 am
Thank Brenna for food.

Go through the ship and to the engineering using a rather non-direct route to see what's out there. Note the state of affairs in each room I pass. IF people are too busy, don't disturb them.
IF people are not too busy or are having a break, stop to chat with them: introduce myself to them, ask how are they holding up, and my best reassurances and encouragement to these who are visibly in need of it.

Search for the armoury seller who looks the Noodliest.
Greet him, introduce myself as Dr. Ishmael, and place an order for:
- extra tentacle graft
- critical shielding
Thank him, and ask him whether he knows where I can find a good, reliable engineer who would be able to help me with my (very simple) custom weapon design.
You thank Brenna for the food - just as Frank shows up. He's staggering and doesn't look like he feels well. Probably best to leave him to himself; he doesn't look open to conversation right now, and Brenna seems to have everything under control.

~~~

Your non-direct route to engineering takes you through some interesting places. First, you get as high up into the ship as you can go, and start maneuvering your way through the maze of passages, clearly not designed with throughput in mind. As you walk through the dimly-lit, flickering hexagonal corridors (many of which don't even have siding installed) you realize that they all seem to have clear purposes: this ammo storage area, here, seems directly linked to the nearby topside cannon maintenance accessway - although it seems to be closed off, right now: hull breach, apparently. Then this other room full of arcane equipment and machinery is connected directly to this other room full of pipe sections, and so on and so forth. It's an interesting experience, and with how quiet it is up here, you feel almost like you shouldn't be here to begin with.

Following along this path, you eventually find yourself at the armory - which is not in engineering at all, but rather located in front of the hangar.

~~~

"Call me Ishmael," you introduce yourself. "Doctor Ishmael."

"Oh, Dr. Ishmael! From the missions!" the young man exclaims, linking his thumbs together with his fingers dangling beneath them - a religious gesture. "The priest of the FSM! It's so good to meet you!"

You smile and nod in humble acknowledgement. "I would like to place an order."

The young man - in his early 20s, it seems, hurries to get his PDA ready. "Yes, yes, right away, Doctor. I'm sorry for my excitement - it's just been so long since we've had a real priest aboard the ship. What do you need?"

You place an order for an extra tentacle graft and critical shielding, and then him whether he knows where I can find a good, reliable engineer who would be able to help me with my (very simple) custom weapon design.

Without blinking an eye, the man immediately says, "Yes, down in the hangar. She calls herself Mara - Mara Alkani. She's the C-MIO - Chief Mod Installation Officer." He pronounces it "seemio". "She'll fix you up. Modding ships is her whole job, after all. I don't know where she is exactly in the hangar, but ask around - someone always knows where she is. It's hard not to." He chuckles, as though he just made a joke.

Frank
F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 am
Talvieno wrote:
What terrible, terrible luck you have.
A moment of mortified embarassment...
Mr. Acting Captain, Sir! wrote:
Truly, truly abhorrent...
Turning to confusion
I really don't like that guy, Sir! wrote:
One of the cryokids just vomited and...
and quickly bursting into anger...

Frank straightens as much as his condition allows, opens his mouth to yell at Havor just what the hell he thinks this is and prepares to charge at him, acting captain or not.

But even before the first step, the first syllable...Frank recoils in disgust of this intended behaviour.
Clutching his arms, he presses himself against the wall, shivering like from a heavy fever and coughing.

This is wrong! I shouldn't do this! I need to calm down! I need to-

A short thought, the two people on this damned ship he actually had at least a bit of contact to.

Brenna in the mess hall and Antez, the engineer...
And as he has no idea where Antez is at the moment...

Frank hurriedly makes his way to the mess hall, preferably before the Doc comes around.
If the medic comes around
-tell him hastily that they already gave him meds down in the hangar and move on
When he sees Brenna
-He'll stumble to her, barely keeping himself from clutching her shoulders and shaking her
-He grabs onto the closest fixture, clutching it like a safe anchor
-Start begging, with a harrowed expression on his face "Please tell me you got something to do for me! I don't care what! I'll clean, I'll fix stuff, whatever! Just give me a distraction!"
When the captain refers to you as "one of the cryokids" you burst into anger. You almost shout at the guy, but then stop yourself short, shocked at yourself. Shouting? You? That's not you at all. Instead, you about-face and hurry to the mess hall, hoping to find Brenna.

~~~

Brenna inhales sharply. "Oh, Frank! Your chest - the bandages! Wait- Frank? Frank!"

You stumble and almost fall over the counter. This would, obviously, not be good behavior. At the moment, you're not really sure you care. "Please tell me you got something for me to do. I don't care what! I'll clean, I'll fix stuff, I -"

"You're not doing anything," Brenna says, taking you by the arms. "Not until you sit down. Just look at you, Frank! You're pale as a sheet! What the hell happened out there?" She guides you around the counter to one of the back rooms. "Sit down," she orders, pointing at a chair as she heads over to one of the store rooms. "You don't have to tell me anything, but you're going to drink some mediwater right now, and then you're going to relax. Don't you dare get up, either!" she warns.

A minute later she returns with some mediwater and another small ration pack. "Here," she commands simply. "Drink."

Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 pm
I look down at my prosthetics, dismayed at how flimsy they appear. Seriously, I'm pretty sure they made these things out of aluminum or something! I wave quickly in Cho's direction, resolving to talk to her after I'm less...metal. I have the money for more natural legs. Although I'm rather less than impressed with the operating theater they have set up here. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, and they already cut me up on the floor anyway. What's the worst that could happen?

You re dismayed with the prosthetic legs. metal, sure, but it's just a hollow shell. They feel lightweight and fragile.

Cho and someone else show up - a mech. You wave to them, but instead hobble over to the medics. It isn't long before you've explained your situation to them, and they nod understandingly.

"We're kind of short on grown bodyparts," they explain. "We've been replacing a lot of limbs lately, and we're essentially out. We won't be able to get yours to you right away, but we'll call you down for your surgery in a couple days. Does that sound all right to you?"

Brom
Hema wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm
Walk over to the table containing the loot for my mission.
If the table is manned, ask the scientist/engineer/fan there if I can take the drakedog teeth.
"Hello there!
I'm Brom Keegan, the legendary assassin and hero of Ermhelm!
You may have heard my full title a moment ago.
I need the drakedog teeth I obtained in my previous mission.
If you're finished with them, I'll take them off your hands now.
I've a promise to keep, and I always keep my word!"

If given the go-ahead, I will take the teeth, thank the worker at the table, and move to the table with the drill.
(Should the table be unmanned, I will take the teeth and go off in search of the drill.)

When I get to the tool table, I will find the drill, and attach a bit that's sized appropriately for boring a small hole in the teeth.
If there's someone working at the table, I will ask for their assistance in drilling the holes I require.

"Greetings! It is I, Brom Keegan! Ballistics expert, master assassin, leader of Alpha, and mighty slayer of squids!
Impressive as my list of titles (and indeed talents) may be, I need your help with a small matter. "

Hold out the teeth

"These are from a large beast I slew during the last mission.
I had planned on turning these into a necklace to fulfill a promise I made to the leader of Beta.
However due to my injuries, I'm afraid my hands may not be as steady as they normally are.
Could you spare a moment to drill some holes for me? You will have gained a friend if you do, and I always look out for my friends!"
You walk over to the table with your loot. There's someone standing there, sorting through all of it and cataloging it. "Hello there, miss!" you say to her. "I'm Brom Keegan, the legendary assassin and hero of Ermhelm! You may have heard my full title a moment ago..."

She stares at you blankly. Blinded by her awe, no doubt.

"I need the drakedog teeth I obtained in my previous mission. If you're finished with them, I'll take them off your hands now."

The woman swallows in a manner vaguely describable as "nervous" and nods. She points silently in their direction.

You take the teeth and go, being sure to thank her before you leave.

~~~

When you get to Table #2, you quickly find the drill, but can't find a bit of the appropriate size. Troubling, to be sure, but you have ways around it - like your legendary charisma. "Greetings! It is I, Brom Keegan! Ballistics expert, master assassin, leader of Alpha, and mighty slayer of squids! Impressive as my list of titles (and indeed talents) may be, I need your help with a small matter. "

"Yeah, speak on," the guy nods patiently.

You explain that you need to drill a hole through the drakedog teeth. The guy says he understands. "A memento, right? Well... just a momento, lemme call some people up." He turns away and talks to a couple people over his PDA, while you sit there, waiting. It takes him a fair bit, and then he finally turns back to you. "Meredith may have some idea of where you could find one of those, but she's in a pissy mood right now after the state of your CASKETs." He points over at the nine wrecks that returned from the mission. "She may turn you down, not sure. You could maybe do something to butter her up, though - offer to help her first or something, you know? But it's just suggestion," he finishes, shrugging his shoulders. "Might get lucky just talking to her. Oh, and - Brantley, by the way - I'm Brantley. Nice to meet you, Mr. Ermhelm, and I hope you find your drill bit."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:30 pm
"Quite simple," Mekkin says, still distracted; he holds an empty syringe up to the light, taps it, and sets it down. He then turns to you, giving you his full attention. "Allies," he says firmly, as though the single word contains all the information you'll ever need. "It is a wise course of action to surround yourself with dependable individuals, regardless of how socially inept they are, or how prone to losing limbs. When I saved you, you were only minutes from exsanguination. Many... less calculating individuals," he says with an air of contempt, "would hold that they immediately owe me a 'life-debt'. You did not. This, and your immediate repaying of your debt, has impressed me. I feel like we can deal on near-even terms."
That's… not quite the sense of "interest" I was going for. He doesn't seem like the type to play dumb, though, so it's possible he intends it at face value. I still don't trust the guy, but maybe he's not quite as… predatory as I had feared.
"Right, sure. But don't get ahead of yourself. Your little investment was only five hundred, after all."
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:30 pm
He turns back to his work, and finishes, "Working together would benefit us both. Although you regard me with some distaste, we are like-minded individuals, after all."
I complete the transaction—500₡—and leave the hangar bay.
I head to the armory and make the purchases as described in the armory, not forgettting to extol the total lack of virtues in a first aid kit with so little duct tape.

I frown.
"Testing your rookies by lying to them is not exactly the best way to gain their trust...nor is letting them raid a colony of innocent people for something we didn't even need..."
I catch myself and smile apologetically
"b-but none of that is your fault! I'll just have a few choice words for SCAMPS on debrief...And hey, we picked up the nacelle, so that part of the mission was useful right?"
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:47 am
nor is letting them raid a colony of innocent people for something we didn't even need..."
"Now hold on a second - there were people in that city!? Why the hell's everyone tellin' me all this crap now? We should've saved them! Who knows what kind o' sufferin' the squids must be puttin' them through! Not only do they shoot us down, try killin' us for no reason, use black magic, annoy me with that holosquid thing n' steal my nuke, but now it turns out they're also keepin' innocent folks hostage and probably torturin' and sacrificin' them to dark gods for fun! These savages are even more evil than in the movies!"

"...I...I...Are you iora prátaí kidding me? I was talking about the Hiltorel! This isn't a dia damnáilte action movie! It's just a backwater colony of Hiltorel who just try to get by and they were shooting at us because we attacked them unprovoked and tried to steal the stellaplex they need to survive!"

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:29 am
"...I...I...Are you iora prátaí kidding me? I was talking about the Hiltorel! This isn't a dia damnáilte action movie! It's just a backwater colony of Hiltorel who just try to get by and they were shooting at us because we attacked them unprovoked and tried to steal the stellaplex they need to survive!"
"What? Squids ain't people, they're aliens! What are you, some kind o' squid sympno... sympta... some kind o' squid-lover? We didn't attack them first, they've been oppressin' us for thousands of years, and now they shot our big ship down too - probably because they're jealous or somethin'. We were just defendin' ourselves! And besides, they had somethin' we wanted, so tough shit. They probably stole it from someone else first anyways."

Look at Saoirse suspiciously

"Ya know, you're soundin' real fishy now. You didn't happen to look one of them squids in the eyes, did you?"

"That was ages ago, and I'm pretty sure the genocide we committed after that more than made up for that. Besides, that has nothing to do with those Hiltorel down there.
And it wasn't the Hiltorel who shot us down, that was the Outer World League! Do you even listen to anything that doesn't fit your views?
And...what the hell are you talking about?"

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 am
"That was ages ago, and I'm pretty sure the genocide we committed after that more than made up for that. Besides, that has nothing to do with those Hiltorel down there.
And it wasn't the Hiltorel who shot us down, that was the Outer World League! Do you even listen to anything that doesn't fit your views?
And...what the hell are you talking about?"
Pause, look at Saoirse for a few seconds confused while thinking:

"...the hell's she talkin' 'bout?"

"Um, well, just 'cause it was a long time ago dun make it right! And they must've done that genicide stuff to us even more - they started it! We beat 'em fair n' square in the past, we were even nice enough to not wipe 'em out completely, and as usual they just continue makin' their evil plans and tryin' to destroy humanity! And I dun even know what the hell that Outer Worlds stuff you're talkin' 'bout is, at this point you're just makin' shit up to sound smart! You're either under some kind o' sneaky mind control, or you obviously dun know nothin' 'bout squids n' aliens, you're just bein'...."

Snap my fingers while thinking of the correct word

"Ignorant! Yeah, that's it, you're just bein' ignorant! You should watch one of them documentaries 'bout all the bad stuff they did to us and then we'll see if you still think you're right!"

Smile proudly, as if I just masterfully refuted every single one of Saoirse's points

Dia maith bualadh craicinn tá sé dúr mar sin níl aon phointe ag argóint leis
"I didn't make that up, SCAMPS told us about the Outer World League, but clearly you weren't listening.
And mind control doesn't work on a psionic - maybe you should watch an actual documentary so you would know that."

Online Now