Return to “REKT”

Re: BTE Tryout Thread: Buck & Lemons

Triggerhappy wrote: (( I suggest you don't 'if' the bomb, or Tal will say " Nope I don't think it will blow up the archway (even if It might) and you will be left doing absolutely nothing the whole turn :D ))
((Yep, removed the "strong enough" part. Now I only won't drop the bomb if there's actually no way for us to GTFO, for obvious reasons. Also, I suggest you don't immediately return to the ship in the same turn, since I won't))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Triggerhappy wrote: (( I suggest you don't 'if' the bomb, or Tal will say " Nope I don't think it will blow up the archway (even if It might) and you will be left doing absolutely nothing the whole turn :D ))
((Yep, removed the "strong enough" part. Now I only won't drop the bomb if there's actually no way for us to GTFO, for obvious reasons. Also, I suggest you don't immediately return to the ship in the same turn, since I won't))

(( *Flashback to mission 3* That never stopped me from trying to detonate an explosive ( small antimatter reactor) inside a tight space (small cave) to kill some enemies ( and my whole squad) ! ))
(( By 'return to the ship' you mean fly back into the station? ))

TURN 2

Buck

Before you get moving, you look behind you to make sure the station wall you've just punctured isn't regrowing. It doesn't seem to be, fortunately, so you begin to enact your "Grand Plan": blow the place to hell.

Diving toward the archway, you try to orient yourself to where you can drop the bomb - but the controls of your ship are finicky at best. The RCS thrusters seem to be aligned wrong, or... well, something isn't right, and you're not much of a pilot anyway. Spinning, you just barely keep from clipping the wall - right as a plasma shot crashes deafeningly into your right robotic arm, shattering it and flinging shrapnel at the glass of your cockpit canopy. You hastily drop the bomb, and then start trying to fly away. As you do, one of the colossal tentacles growing out of the wall uncoils rapidly toward your ship; you fry it with the microwave beam at full power and it goes haywire, shaking and shuddering as it flails about. You avoid it and shift out of its range.

And then you get fried, as another triple plasma shot crashes into the back of your CASKET, almost sending you careening to the side.

It seems like it's about time to pull out, cut your losses, and detonate the nuke. You did only just get here, but what's the point of staying besides seeing what you could learn? With this idea in mind, you begin fiddling with your hacking controls as you pilot your ship toward the wound you and your "nameless" companion made in the station wall. Interestingly enough, their tech seems to be somewhat outdated. You're able to pull off bugging their software with little trouble: you learn that in this particular chamber, they have six triple-barreled plasma turrets, and two of them are down for maintenance. It's not like it matters, though - you're about to blow them all to kingdom come.

But that's when you crash headlong into the fleshy outer wall of the station, half-embedding your CASKET in it. You don't have enough speed to get back out, and you missed the tiny entrance you made completely. For the time being, you're still stuck inside the cultist station.

You hear a low, ominous chanting emanating from the room behind you; the walls begin to pulsate with a red glow, like luminescent veins of blood.

You really want a drink.

Lemons

You smile. This is going to be so much fun.

As Buck gets ready to drop his bomb, you fly closely past the turrets, buzzing them as you try to get their attention. After you're sure at least two of them are firing at you, you loop back around and do a fast, calculated sweep of the cultists' little shelf. You manage it perfectly - you're just a couple feet from the ground as you fly past, and manage to directly ram (and splatter) at least six different "space wizards" before gliding back into the open air above the chasm. As you fly past the archway, though, you see Buck's bomb tipping off of it, beginning to slip over the side. It looks like it'll probably fall onto the balcony below - and then possibly into the chasm, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Another shot or two flies past you, dealing no damage; the turrets seem rather slow to track. As long as you stay ahead of them, it doesn't seem like they have much chance of hitting. This pleases you. With the bomb set, though, your job is done; you bank your ship and fly back toward the entrance you made, preparing to ram it. However, it's not closing back up; you're able to skillfully maneuver your ship straight back through and to the other side.

The station falls behind you as you put yourself at a safe distance, and then switch your screen's view to your Command Center. It seems Buck is having some trouble escaping; he's crashed into the outer walls of the station. You don't think he's going to make it back out - he doesn't seem to be nearly as good a pilot as you are. Worse than that, he's been hit at least twice, even despite your trying to draw their fire. There were a lot of turrets in there anyway.

You stop and think about the cultist "magic". As far as you know, it's probably just some kind of glorified field emitters. Magic isn't real. Everybody knows that. In that case, there's probably not much the cultists can do to you - as long as you're in your CASKET. They might try to boil your blood, sure, but if you keep moving, you're pretty safe.

Buck isn't though. You'll have to think of some clever way to get him out, so he can detonate the bomb... preferably before the turrets nail him.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"Unlodge yourself. Move aside a bit. Await."

Dumbass failure of a pilot, can't hit an elephant's ass with a battering ram.

Fly back through the hole nearest to Buck, spinning to make the hole wider.
Draw fire while Buck leaves through the hole. Play...
Dig though the music collection on my hard drive for a second... Play some strange but fun collection of sounds through my exterriour speakers to draw more attention away from Buck.
Follow Buck out.

Retreat to a safe distance.
Wait for Buck to do the same.

"All clear. Except hostiles. Those not clear. Do it."
Die you sons of snot.

IF I get grounded inside the station
- Get out, get to cover, and take up to five shots at the most immediate threats with the Assault Rifle ( for shorter range ) or the Gauss Rifle ( for far away targets ).
- IF a cultist is close enough.
-- Instead of one of my five shots, charge the cultist ( dodging inbound fire ) and punch the fuckkah in the head, then resume shooting.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Back up from the wall
Try and structurally weaken the wall around the hole we came in from by melting it with the MFM
Take control of one of the plasma turrets and use it to shoot any tentacle things I see coming toward me(max once)
((Also, this is assuming that that move will be rolling the turret's conventional, not mine. If it rolls my conventional, just try and disable one turret))

Start up a diagnostics scan to run in the background while I'm doing everything else
Try and get out through the now hopefully weakened hole
if both Lemons and me get to a safe distance
-Detonate

Triggerhappy wrote:(( Hapchazz - you may have mis-understood my actions - I am making a NEW hole right by you, where you rammed into the wall. I assumed it was a better idea to make a new, bigger opening for you to use fast, so we can get the station killing over with. Please don't melt me :D ))
((The idea is good in theory, but the problem is that you have a 0 in engines, which gives a pretty large chance for not being able to bust a hole in the wall without any kind of assistance. Also, my character is such a horrendous pilot that I wouldn't put it past him to manage to miss the second opening too.

The tiny entrance is probably somewhat near me, so it shouldn't take too much time to get there. That part of the wall is already weakened and microwaving it would probably make it soft enough for me to pass through. Now, IMO the best way you could assist me is by getting in and distracting the turrets, but I'm not sure you're fast enough to get here in time before the turrets fry me))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Triggerhappy wrote:(( Hapchazz - you may have mis-understood my actions - I am making a NEW hole right by you, where you rammed into the wall. I assumed it was a better idea to make a new, bigger opening for you to use fast, so we can get the station killing over with. Please don't melt me :D ))
((The idea is good in theory, but the problem is that you have a 0 in engines, which gives a pretty large chance for not being able to bust a hole in the wall without any kind of assistance. Also, my character is such a horrendous pilot that I wouldn't put it past him to manage to miss the second opening too.

The tiny entrance is probably somewhat near me, so it shouldn't take too much time to get there. That part of the wall is already weakened and microwaving it would probably make it soft enough for me to pass through. Now, IMO the best way you could assist me is by getting in and distracting the turrets, but I'm not sure you're fast enough to get here in time before the turrets fry me))
((Alright, agreed. I will fly in (spinning though the old hole to make it wider), distract the turrets as long as needed, and fly back out after you. However, I advise that you character detonate the nuke at the end of this turn no matter what, even if I get stuck inside drawing fire for you - I would rather we end this now. I am told that the station has atmosphere, so the boom should be VERY effective and render our mission complete, despite the death. ))

Triggerhappy wrote:
Hapchazzard wrote:

((Alright, agreed. I will fly in (spinning though the old hole to make it wider), distract the turrets as long as needed, and fly back out after you. However, I advise that you character detonate the nuke at the end of this turn no matter what, even if I get stuck inside drawing fire for you - I would rather we end this now. I am told that the station has atmosphere, so the boom should be VERY effective and render our mission complete, despite the death. ))
((I'll do that only if I'm absolutely certain that we're toast. I mean, I don't want to end up detonating the nuke and killing myself if I end up not getting outside for some stupid reason. Besides, it'll make for a crappy show; the point isn't just to complete the mission, it's to be entertaining and give some indication of how our characters would behave in a RL mission. And honestly, I'm not sure whether he would blow himself up unless he's 100% sure he's dead anyway.))
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Online Now