Return to “REKT”

Should the tryouts be canon (VR) missions

Yes
Total votes: 9 (69%)
No
Total votes: 4 (31%)
Total votes: 13
REKT tryouts: the canoning

Recently, someone on irc had an interesting suggestion: what if we let the team tryouts be canon?
They would then be VR missions run by SCAMPS to see who's most fit to send out.

Pro:
-Teambuilding
-letting chars get to know eachother
-"real" rekt starts sooner

con:
-if for some reason you don't want it to be canon you don't have that choice
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: REKT tryouts: the canoning

If we make it canon, then everyone will get wrenched out of their cryotubes and immediately thrown into VR so that Nemesis and SCAMPS can decide who's worth keeping - and who isn't. The game starts, essentially, right away. Nobody would have a choice in this. Losers would probably get killed or something similar, as the whole purpose of success/failure would be to decide who is actually worth sending on missions. It's also a lot more work for me, but it could be fun for you guys.

If it's non-canon, nothing that happens in the tryout missions will actually "happen" - unless you want to pretend that it happened before you arrived on Tartarus. It would be your own choice at that point. There's also no need to explain why characters "failed" the tryouts - they simply didn't get brought out of cryo. Later on, we could induct "failed" characters into the REKT program - characters that didn't make the initial cut. It's a lot less work for me in the long run, too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Well, I wouldn't throw people right into VR without any introduction (how are they supposed to pick a loadout then? And they'd be too confused too function too)
and killing of who fails is kinda dumb if you have no people to spare, freezing them back in as backup seems more logical (and fits with the player waiting list)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:Well, I wouldn't throw people right into VR without any introduction (how are they supposed to pick a loadout then? And they'd be too confused too function too)
and killing of who fails is kinda dumb if you have no people to spare, freezing them back in as backup seems more logical (and fits with the player waiting list)
Then why not just send everybody out at once? That doesn't make sense.

edit: Nemesis is low on manpower and resources. If the "failed" inmates aren't considered "flawed", then they would naturally put them to work. That's more work than I'm personally willing to (or at the moment, more than I even can) deal with.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT tryouts: the canopenering

Talvieno wrote:Personally I find inmates have a longer shelf life if they're at room temperature.
The goat family say otherwise.

Silver always seems to die very quickly when not confined to a metal box.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

I imagine it working like this; assuming the PSI unit is installed in everyone of course.

Nemesis awakens the subconscious mind of its REKT inmates and pares them randomly together. It then activates the PSI units of the plugged in pairs of sleeping inmates and begins running simulations. Those who fail are kept in cryo and those who succeed are awoken.

Talvieno wrote:BFett - that's actually fairly close to the third option I was thinking of mentioning. I'd be more than okay with that.
That's actually how i thought the whole 'Pre-Missions are canon" thing would be handled.

As such *votes yes, please*

I wouldn't be surprised if the psi-jacks were used as observation ports synchronously.
So with version 3, no damage done, best guys found.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now