Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Dinosawer wrote:
IronDuke wrote:Note to self: take Tal's warnings seriously next time. :monkey:

--IronDuke
Why did you think he added it? :P

Didn't think it was that bad though. So over the top it's not realistic, and it's just text :ghost:
Yay, I hit what I was aiming for dead-on then. :D Wasn't going specifically for gore or even horror, just wanted something over-the-top cultist-y/demonic-y. Wasn't really going for a serious tone - I can do that whenever I want, but for the tryouts I want to have a little fun. I can, too - it's VR, so anything is possible. :squirrel:
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

IronDuke wrote: I have an extremely powerful imagination and photographic memory. Likely if Tal made some pictures they'd be Barbie-level next to what my mind can dream up from a mere text description. It's why I can watch gory movies sometimes, but I can't read descriptions of them. :P

My brain is weird. It even looks like spaghetti.

--IronDuke
Well, he did warn you :P

Still, if you ever learn graphical art that's a very useful skill
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote:In case anyone's missed it, I've been working on this page recently.
armory
-repair status changes availability of equipment?
--basic stuff (the ground level infantry weapons for all branches, infantry equipment that costs 0 credits, no heavy weaponry for infantry (beyond maybe the PSI pack) , ship equip <3 creds)
--intermediate stuff (all the non-heavy weaponry for infantry, all <3 cred inf equipment, for ships all <5 or 6 cred equip)
--all the stuff
-branches maybe separated into ship and infantry branches?

sensors
-one branch for effective range of the ship's weaponry (can use half the range of point defense cannonry, can engage small things out to full range of the PD cannons, main cannons need spotters / need to "walk" to the target with multiple shots)
-one branch for detecting whats going on in the vicinity, "mission detection", with increasing range/and data amount
-one branch for detecting resources (anomalous materials, fancy tools we need to repair/upgrade nemesis)

medbay
-any heals at all without player rolls
-anatomical upgrade limitations removal
-combat heals

bridge
-systems acting more coordinated? (cannons focusing fire on targets/weakpoints, drones dont getting in each others/the players way, blah)

just ramblin'

Armory: Yes, that's about what I have planned. I just haven't written it out yet. Infantry items would be all available from the start, though. I was also planning unlockable price cuts for late in the campaign, to accelerate the awesome.

Sensors: I was actually thinking of doing a single branch based on range. I don't want you guys going the whole game stranded on a spaceship without the ability to actually go anywhere or do anything, so I'd let you dock at places and chat around for intel. Charisma becomes a lot more important that way.

Medbay: This is a tricky one. On one hand, I don't want you to have to go the whole campaign without hope of resurrection. That's a bit harsh and doesn't encourage the gutsy balls-to-the-wall style I like to associate with REKT; the big "risk vs reward" scenario. Optionally I could have you have upgrade trees for revival/resurrection, limb replacement, limb enhancement, augmentations, etc. This is outside of human-operated territory, so laws basically mean... well, nothing. :D I imagine you could do "illegal" upgrades out there. That could fill in the gap that Quantum Abilities leaves behind.

Bridge: Actually, I was going to let you repair the Escape Bridge thing we talked about to a usable state. Flying the Nemesis around wouldn't be fun, or REKT, without some decent, tactics-focused ship-to-ship combat at several points.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Armory: Yes, that's about what I have planned. I just haven't written it out yet. Infantry items would be all available from the start, though. I was also planning small price cuts for late in the campaign, to accelerate the awesome.
I assume it doesn't invalidate anyone's loadout (as we can only afford cheap crap atm anyway)?
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now