Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

I write everything Miles does in the voice of Maud Pie from My Little Pony. You can read it in that voice as well, if you like. It adds something to my character, I think.

If you do not know what Maud sounds like, you have never lived.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:25 pm
I write everything Miles does in the voice of Maud Pie from My Little Pony. You can read it in that voice as well, if you like. It adds something to my character, I think.

If you do not know what Maud sounds like, you have never lived.
*Looks at youtube for a voice sample*

:eh:

*Looks at the REKT wiki*

:eh:

Memory and Wiki say that Miles is a guy though...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

So, character sheet editor has a bit of an upgrade:

It'll now show you what gear you can select... provided you're using a new character. It keeps track of belt/suit slots, inventory upgrades, creds, robotic arms, aux slots, even the number of psi amps you can use. You can select gear and it'll show you what's left, essentially letting you simulate a loadout for a new player. Everything has tooltip descriptions and links to the appropriate wiki pages.

Re: Mission thread: We have new blood incoming. It may be either Outlander or Narwhalz. I'll keep you guys updated (or, anyone that doesn't frequent IRC). I'm going to lock the thread on Sunday, around noon my time.

edit: We did a cointoss in IRC, and Narwhalz is officially our next REKT member. He can start after his character is accepted, though it may be a turn or two before he can safely take off.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Name: Vynkor
Personal Information: Vynkor began her life in a vat. Assembled from biomass grown over two years in dishes across a remote and unknown research station, Vynkor's age is somewhat nebulous, but she's been out of the vat for 28 years. She was trained from "birth" to be a combat engineer. She was kept away from computers, as it was feared that she would become a danger to the station's AI. Instead, she was trained on mechanical systems, with cursory courses in firearms. As a research specimen, the total lack of personal contact hamstrung her social skills.
Vynkor had always had a rebellious streak, though she quickly learned that expressing it openly was… hazardous. Before long, outright defiance became subversive pseudocompliance. As the years went on, she became more subtle, plotting more and more subtle ways of rebellion.
Sometime in her twentieth year out of the vat, this tendency culminated in her escape. Having risen to the position of a genuine engineer on the station, Vynkor had serviced many of the vessels and a large part of the station itself. She had introduced subtle flaws in their systems over the years—nothing big enough to be visible, but the components would fail under peak loads.
Like, for instance, chasing a rogue specimen and a traitor in a corvette.
Leaving the ruined corpses of her captors' ships behind, she and her accomplice fled across many systems before settling down in a pirate-infested mining system and offering their services to the local pirate gang.

Vynkor's physique is lean but strong. She stands about 170cm tall. Her stance is confident and active.

Personality: Vynkor is reclusive, preferring to work on her own. However, team exercises were a part of her training, and she can put aside her unease. When she does make an attempt at social behavior, she is often tactless. Her social anxiety is related more to the fear of backlash for being too blunt than to a fear of people or talking.
She is usually single-minded and tries to accomplish a given task before considering any new tasks.

Reason your character got REKT: Eight years after her escape, the institution which had created her finally tracked her down. The pirates, nearly all of whom were personally indebted to her, resisted the large fleet of cutting-edge vessels. The pirates fell quickly, their converted miners and haulers no match for the fleet's vastly more advanced war machines. Their most valuable asset, the corvette, was still vastly outclassed by the institution's destroyers and cruisers. Vynkor and her accomplice surrendered and were captured. Her accomplice was reconditioned and, broken, returned to the institution's employ. Brief and futile attempts were made to recondition her as well, but the institution decided that it would be cheaper and safer to simply get rid of her.
And thus, Vynkor was shipped to ReKT in a freezer.

Stats:
  Energy: 1
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 1
  Hacking: -1
  Computer: -1
  PSI Unit: -1
  Robotics: 0
  Engines: 0
Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Intuition: 0
  Handiwork: 2
  Conventional: 1
  Unconventional: -2
  Exotics: -2
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0

Purchases:
  Railgun (3 creds)
  Lasgun (0 creds)
  Assault Rifle (0 creds)
  First Aid Kit (0 creds)
  Repair Kit (2 creds)
Spoiler:      SHOW
What really sets your character apart from other characters, and makes your character unique?
Vynkor is a vat-grown human with interesting problems that result from being isolated from normal human interactions. She was created with a purpose, but she defied it, possibly leading to interesting variations on the usual existential crises.

Accepted. :thumbup: Welcome to REKT! You may post in the Nemesis thread when ready. Your character just got out of cryo - you get to decide how long she was in there for, minimum 5 years or so, maximum ~125. Expect to feel sick. You hear all the stuff SCAMPS says, there's doctors in the room, they just barely managed to revive you. Lights flickering, etc, everybody rushing around. It's a mess, but on the plus side, you get a PDA with a recording of the mission briefing. Enjoy!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now