Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Thanks Dino! I got started on that last night... yesterday wasn't the best day for me, though, and rather busy besides.

Cuisinart - I just assumed you had left some purchases out on purpose.

Silver - you need to recheck your infantry items - you're carrying more than you can handle. :P

BFett's Trontos Sephen is accepted! :) Adding him to the list now. It won't be long before I start pairing people up for missions. This will be done quasi-randomly. To give a more detailed explanation: I won't have any power over who gets paired with whom. The algorithm I use will randomly pair you together, weighted toward pairs that have differing stats and skills.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Thanks Dino! I got started on that last night... yesterday wasn't the best day for me, though, and rather busy besides.
Yes, I noticed you removed two tags (which I put back) :ghost:
But I completely understand, and I have to do something while waiting for a 20 minute compilation ;)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Silverware wrote: EDIT:: people are telling me we dont start with the mission one credits level...
We do, but "Maximum loadout value" isn't "how many credits you get before mission 1", it's the maximum value your loadout can have (shocking I know :P )

Aside from that, at 1 energy you have 3 infantry slots, whereas you use
grapple (1) + blow torch (1) + plasma streamer (2) + kinetic gauntlet (1) = 5
so you'll have to drop 2 things.
Wait, I thought we could have two tools + weapon slots?
Blah.

Also what's the point of Max Loadout Value then? If we only gain a max of 5 credits per mission and it goes up by 5?
Unless it's about forcing us to not share much in the way of credits.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote: Wait, I thought we could have two tools + weapon slots?
Blah.
No, nor has that ever been the case. Where did you get that? :P
Silverware wrote:Also what's the point of Max Loadout Value then? If we only gain a max of 5 credits per mission and it goes up by 5?
We gain a max of 10, but yes, it is exactly to prevent teams to try and make one superperson by stowing all their money to them.
(Not that we'd do that, but eh)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote:Whoa, Trigger, hold up - I'm still strongly thinking about adding mechs like in the original vision. You may not have to build them after all if I can figure out how to balance them.
What if I LIKE building mechs? What if my character wants to make his own and show off to the team? :D

Mechs? Like, piloted walking ship replacements?

Unless due to some story trick you allow only fast, nimble mechs (so you can't walk though buildings ) that, while quick, are easy to kill with correctly placed fire, I do not see how you could make it very balanced - an infantry spaceship is scary, and who would not use one?

( I still like the idea of a Strike Suit Zero style mech tho. Again, only makes sense for balance if it's quick, can't walk though walls and not impossible to kill )

I was thinking ( realistic to make on mission for myself ) something in the line of a powered suit - exoskeleton and heavy armor mix. Maybe even with some jump jets and thrusters if we are going all out on it.

And to balance THAT, I say make it so you have to pay a certain amount of credits for any repairs, to varying degrees, done to the suit after missions. And, I don't know, make it less maneuverable? Have some high armor, manly strength but oh man good luck dodging anything in that towering target of a suit you got, and by the way you are the sweetest of desserts for any heat seeking missiles out there.

Silverware wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:
Silverware wrote: EDIT:: people are telling me we dont start with the mission one credits level...
We do, but "Maximum loadout value" isn't "how many credits you get before mission 1", it's the maximum value your loadout can have (shocking I know :P )

Aside from that, at 1 energy you have 3 infantry slots, whereas you use
grapple (1) + blow torch (1) + plasma streamer (2) + kinetic gauntlet (1) = 5
so you'll have to drop 2 things.
Wait, I thought we could have two tools + weapon slots?
Blah.

Also what's the point of Max Loadout Value then? If we only gain a max of 5 credits per mission and it goes up by 5?
Silver - Remember how Jimmy Triggerhappy volunteered for science and earned five credits before his very first mission? For a total of 10?

Triggerhappy wrote:Silver - Remember how Jimmy Triggerhappy volunteered for science and earned five credits before his very first mission? For a total of 10?
Nope. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now