Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:28 pm
Maintaining your CASKET's ability to give you moar dak seems important to me somehow. Maybe the integration when you hook up to the CASKET places your mech arms where the robotic arms would be.
That would be an excellent idea, if there wasn't a scale issue. :D You are not as big as a CASKET, unfortunately. I do agree with the importance, though. That's why I think you should be able to let your CASKET have moar dakka total - four weapons, and your mech can choose two, but you get more overall with the CASKET if your character (the mech) is parked in it.

IronDuke wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm
This is rather reminiscent of the XCOM mechs. I like it! :3
Kinda like this?

:D If so, then yes, it is very reminiscent.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

http://lt-rekt.wikidot.com/mech-systems

Spent a couple hours on the page today. The flaws/upgrades are all thoroughly planned out, but putting stuff on the page takes some time! :) I'm taking a little break for now to work on other things.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE:
I'm open to starting the mission debrief with SCAMPS whenever you guys feel like you're ready. :) My next post in the thread is going up a little later today.

edit edit: Okay, so, I just kept working on the mech stuff. Many hours later, it is 85% complete!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

It's done! A quick mech demonstration:

In this example, you choose +12, -12 (the default) which gives you 12 points of upgrades for 12 points of flaws. Then you choose:

■ ■ ■ ■ External Exoskeleton - +2 to strength
■ ■ ■ Revolving Holsters - +6 carry bits and +3 max weapon capacity (enough for 1 ship weapon and 1 heavy weapon, or 3 heavy weapons)
■ ■ Heavy Armor - Deflects the great majority of non-heavy infantry weapons (and some heavy)
■ ■ Precision Tuning - +1 to melee attacks
■ Improvised cover - Can hunker down and act as cover for allies with 50% damage reduction
□ Firmly Grounded - can't climb over obstacles
□ □ Squeaky Parts - -1 to agility
□ □ Complicated Machinery - repair attempts often fail
□ □ □ Non-modular Limbs - can't use robotic items
□ □ □ □ Flammable Components - catches fire easily

You'll be a tough, tanky sonofabitch that is more than capable of defending allies, quite at home in melee, and probably packing at least one heavy ship weapon. Overall, fairly versatile with a big emphasis on weaponry, with the main flaw being that you have to be careful around flames.

Later, you can spend creds on upgrade points (they cost 2500 each) to remove flaws or purchase more and/or better upgrades.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 am
"What? Why the hell's everyone just... starin'? Seriously, y'all's givin' me the creeps! You know what's also givin' me the creeps? This 'ere stuff!" points at a nearby ration bar

Buck looks around and notices that everyone is staring at him. "What? Why the hell's everyone just... starin'? Seriously, y'all's givin' me the creeps!"

Buck turns abruptly to face the camera. "And you know what's also givin' me the creeps? This 'ere stuff!" He holds up a bottle of Creepjuice next to his face. "It's Creepjuice, the perfect addition to any Halloween party! Simply take the powder, put it in a glass, add water, stir, and enjoy! Our selection of coloring packets will give it the perfect hue of your dreams! Dribble it down the side of someone's neck for blood, or have it spilling out of a beaker for detestable green slime! All this an more starting only at $19.95 plus shipping and handling!! Better yet, call now and we'll double the offer, and give you -"

At that moment Frank interrupts with another punch that again lands squarely on Buck's jaw, shutting him up (to the immense relief of everyone waiting in line for ration bars).

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:09 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 am
"What? Why the hell's everyone just... starin'? Seriously, y'all's givin' me the creeps! You know what's also givin' me the creeps? This 'ere stuff!" points at a nearby ration bar

Buck looks around and notices that everyone is staring at him. "What? Why the hell's everyone just... starin'? Seriously, y'all's givin' me the creeps!"

Buck turns abruptly to face the camera. "And you know what's also givin' me the creeps? This 'ere stuff!" He holds up a bottle of Creepjuice next to his face. "It's Creepjuice, the perfect addition to any Halloween party! Simply take the powder, put it in a glass, add water, stir, and enjoy! Our selection of coloring packets will give it the perfect hue of your dreams! Dribble it down the side of someone's neck for blood, or have it spilling out of a beaker for detestable green slime! All this an more starting only at $19.95 plus shipping and handling!! Better yet, call now and we'll double the offer, and give you -"

At that moment Frank interrupts with another punch that again lands squarely on Buck's jaw, shutting him up (to the immense relief of everyone waiting in line for ration bars).
I guess +1 charisma means you're good infomercial material, too :ghost:

EDIT: Also, I wanted to try and find some higher-up (or anybody, for that matter) that has some decent food and drinks stowed away so that I can bribe them into giving me enough until we arrive at Fuhodo. However, I don't really want to hold up the debriefing just for that, so could I do some kind of off-screen roll/payment to try and do that?

Online Now