Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

That's REKT, baby 8-)

Also Tal, I'm having trouble imagining how the room I'm in looks like - How can I be outside the hull but also in the medbay? Is there a floor with holes in or is the floor gone? Or am I outside the ship clearing out the rubbish there so they can fix the hull from the outside?
And where to they want me to put the debris I'm clearing out?
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

The floor is gone, the floors above you are partially missing/caved in/cracked/broken to various degrees. You're standing on the sandy dirt of Nanyej's canyon floor, and there's enough of a gap between the lower part of one of the walls and the terrain to shove stuff through so they can seal the place up.

Also: :ghost:

edit: I imagine they'll want to bring a lot of the metal debris back in before they close it up completely so that they have more scrap metal to use fixing up the rest of the ship, but you won't have to worry about that - the mission should start before then.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

PSI users are relatively rare. In addition, PSI packs are typically not part of standard construction/maintenance equipment because:

• They're expensive
  • They're big, bulky, and unwieldy
  • They are very specialized items, with a very narrow spectrum of uses in typical construction/maintenance work
  • They tend to be wildly inaccurate on the small scale and unsuited for anything other than destruction
  • They take a lot of training and/or practice to master - time that could be better spent learning how to fix things in more traditional ways

As such, while you're certainly not the only PSI user working on the ship (and not even the only one working where you currently are), there are no more than a handful of you - perhaps a dozen, maybe two dozen at most.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Okay, that makes more sense. I got the impression it was only me there because they were all like "Yay we don't have to do this ourselves anymore" :ghost:
Talvieno wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:33 am
They take a lot of training and/or practice to master - time that could be better worse spent learning how to fix things in more traditional less fun ways
FTFY :D
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

It's done! :D The conference thread is up!

edit:
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 am
"By the way, can we get some sunglasses? I heard them xenos can hypnotize you and control your mind just by lookin' into yer eyes! That is, unless you have them psionic-proof sunglasses that people on the street sell."
I laughed. :D That was excellent. :thumbup:

Re-edit:
My character sheet page can now give helpful hints to characters. Using just the suggestions provided, I changed this train wreck:
to this blunt-weapons engineer (Gordon Freeman?):
It can even salvage the legendary James Goodman. :D
I know it probably won't see any use in the immediate future, but it should help someone out someday.

Online Now