Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Oh btw
no transactions between inmates or crew
Shouldn't that be
no transactions between inmates and crew
? I don't see the reason we wouldn't be able to send eachother creds (and we have in fact already transferred credits in the armory thread, but not yet in character in the nemesis)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 am
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 am
 "All right, you're still here, so that's a good sign," the man says, stifling a yawn. "However, I really do need to finish my work, so if we could perhaps reconvene at a later date, would that be all right with you? We've only just begun to scratch the surface of anomalous studies."
(( is it okay if I say she'll go back there regularly without explicitly writing it out every time, to save you writing time? ))
Yes.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Tal: What kinds of power generation are used in bionics? I'm using a blood sugar fuel cell for the backup power source, but that's unlikely to provide sufficient power for regular operation of a heavy arm (at least not without poisoning the user with heat). I have volume in the upper arm earmarked for a reactor of some kind—flow battery, fission cell, maybe even fusion if it's miniaturized enough—but I'd like to know what you think should be used. If it's some sort of space magic anomalous matter thing, what might that look like?

Hey, sorry for the delayed response.

It depends on the type, honestly. For prosthetics, probably powered with fixed batteries/generators like most other REKT mechanical gear. For implants and such, it would depend entirely on what would best fit each particular piece of gear. Mechs are certainly generator/reactor/etc-powered. PSI tech is probably a mix of battery/generator, depending on the gear and situation. Vynkor's arm is probably not particularly anomalous, if at all. It doesn't really have much/any need to be, and anomalous materials are pretty expensive/difficult to manufacture. I'd go with something more conventional in your drawing. Batteries are considerably better than they are today too.

On a different, unasked topic...

I know it's been a long while since my last REKT post. Things have gotten a bit crazy. Some of you may remember my girlfriend, Stardust, from the original REKT mission. There's been a lot of chaos in her family over the past two and a half months. It's a very long story, but the summarized version is that she put her dad into a nursing home hoping they'd be able to take care of him, and they almost turned him into a vegetable. She's had to fight doctors and laws every step of the way trying to save him, and in the end, he's still dying anyway. At the end of December he was awake enough to hold his grandson in his arms, and just a month later he's deteriorated to being unable to swallow or even close his mouth. Dementia is a bitch. She's trying to take care of him at home (to avoid the doctors and nurses that kept trying to keep him under), but they say he only has a few days to live at this point. I'll probably be flying up there in the very near future. I don't know if I'll be staying there permanently or not. Everything is kind of up in the air right now.

All of that has been weighing on me really heavily. Then, in addition to that, I've been trying to find a job. Since Limit Theory died, I still haven't found another way to earn any appreciable amount of money, and I need a job quickly because I'm already running quite low on funds. That's been weighing on me too. There's a lot of pressure from home as well, mostly because my folks figured out I was thinking leaving and they want to put a stop to it through whatever means they can. Some of you know my home situation, others don't. It's a complicated one and I'd rather not air it here.

tl;dr: I'm not in a good headspace right now for writing REKT. I've made a lot of attempts to continue. They typically fall apart pretty quickly. It feels forced, and that's a good indicator of poor quality. You guys deserve better than that. I've sort of been hoping I/life would pull out of it and then I could get back to work on REKT without having to make any sort of announcement like this, but that hasn't happened... and I don't know when it's going to happen. If I do end up moving up there, then with things as they are, I'll need to find an IRL job ASAP. After I have a stable job and things settle down, I may be able to continue REKT. I may be able to continue REKT before then. I really don't know. RIght now I just can't seem to get in a good mindset for writing.

I'm sorry. I don't want this to be the end of REKT. You guys know how much trouble I've been having. Please understand it's not a lack of interest on my part, or of me being bored by it, or anything of the sort. I have years worth of content planned out. :P I have entire gameplay systems we haven't even tested yet. I was/am incredibly excited about seeing what you guys do on Fuhodo Station, and how the story/universe evolves. I think after I have some form of reliable income I should be able to relax enough to keep going. I just don't know when that will be. I really don't know what to do.

tl;dr(tl;dr): Shit happened, I'm trying to clean it up. REKT isn't over, I just need to get in a headspace to write, which is proving difficult because of life events. (This seems to be a common theme.)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I'm going to be resuming REKT soon. I thought I'd give everyone a heads up to see what people thought, and get a headcount. I'm going to try to continue what we had going previously. So far, in IRC, Narwhalz, Cuisinart8, Fawkes, Trigger, and Dinosawer have expressed interest in continuing. Things are not at all stable yet, and I still haven't moved (trouble with finances on both sides), but I have the free time and I'd enjoy being able to keep moving REKT forwards. It's very dear to me, for many reasons.

As a refresher, when we last played a few months ago, the Nemesis was under attack by unknown forces. This was going to be a little bit of an Event before we finally made it to the docks of Fuhodo Station. It should only be a few more turns and we'll be ready to land. Unlike previously, I can actually handle the number of characters currently in play, so picking it back up won't be a problem at all for me. :P

I'm also thinking of redoing/restarting my Patreon for REKT. I feel very uncomfortable bringing that up, but the fact of the matter is that I've been running quite low on funds since I flew up to be with Stardust after her dad died (which I don't regret doing in the slightest). While I've already shut down most of the things that draw money (netflix, amazon prime, etc), I still have a phone bill.. To be absolutely clear, I'd still GM regardless of whether or not anyone donated anything at all - but I thought mentioning it up front would be the right thing to do. Especially in case you still have that linked and want to unlink.

Woot woot :mrgreen:
I'm pretty stoked about this (cue everybody's surprise)
If you need my help with anything, shoot!
And I feel it's perfectly fair to set up your patreon again, 7/7 would fund again (I actually have a credit card now so need to mess around with paypal like last time :) )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now