Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

It was something I added mostly to see what peoples' opinions were of it. Enemies killing friendlies lowers morale, killing enemies raises morale, other things would have effect too. I tried to model it believably. < 0 morale for a couple turns would mean the character would do a willpower roll to see if they panic. The idea hasn't been received well so far.

The main purpose of it was to give players a more useful, less arbitrary system than "Tal will do a willpower roll on you to try to make you panic if he feels like being a dick, so don't make him feel like being a dick."

It's still just in the idea stage though, hence why I quietly sneaked it in post-mission.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I removed it for now.

Turn is up, and I'm currently working on a post for Narwhalz. :thumbup: Hang in there, Alpha! Help's a-comin'!

Worth noting: After turn 10, I am disabling reinforcements from the Nemesis. They need to conserve power, and resurrecting inmates from cryo takes an excessive amount, especially for their failing power systems.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:48 pm
Well, this situation is already very bad, to say the least. A question to Tal - if I hadn't put the "retreat if overwhelmed" action in my post, would you have killed me? Just curious :)
Depends on whether they missed, and if they hit anything that would've killed Buck. Brom getting in the way DID save Buck from getting shot at again, though.

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:48 pm
Well, this situation is already very bad, to say the least. A question to Tal - if I hadn't put the "retreat if overwhelmed" action in my post, would you have killed me? Just curious :)
Depends on whether they missed, and if they hit anything that would've killed Buck. Brom getting in the way DID save Buck from getting shot at again, though.
Whew, thanks Hema :)

Curious about opinions: Should I postpone REKT until after Christmas, or give extra time so people can have a break for the holiday season, or... how do you guys want me to handle this? I'm okay with giving an extra day or two if people need that in order to participate. Christmas at least should be an "off day".

Online Now