Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm
"Heh, looks like 'em squids are scared. Come out, ya damn cowards! Hold on, I have n' idea.. They obviously dun' know I have this 'ere bomb with me. Brom, watch how a real professional deals with things!"

((Alright, my character is actually crazy enough to consider doing something like this, especially since AFAIK he's still drunk from the drink he had back on the Nemesis (which wasn't long ago IIRC and was basically pure alcohol mixed with a little water). My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? I'm not sure exactly how powerful this bomb is and how secure the stellaplex inside is. I have no intention of completely derailing/screwing up the entire mission, or getting us TPK'd.))
Dropping your nuke at the grav plant will kill all the squids in a very wide radius, and thoroughly obliterate both the grav plant and the stellaplex... which, incidentally, is why I wasn't entirely sure why you were getting it in the first place. :D Good job on the RP though, spot on! :thumbup:

(And don't worry, if you nuke the stellaplex it'll just be a "failed mission", which means low, non-standard rewards (for those that get rewards, probably Beta), the Nemesis being much worse off, and people are quite unhappy with you. also I'd make the veteran squad steal something from the military base. You'd leave the planet either way, but actually completing the mission would give you much, much better rewards... and everyone wouldn't hate you, so that's a bonus. :)

In short: I wouldn't advise it, but I'm not going to end the campaign over it. )
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:10 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm
"Heh, looks like 'em squids are scared. Come out, ya damn cowards! Hold on, I have n' idea.. They obviously dun' know I have this 'ere bomb with me. Brom, watch how a real professional deals with things!"

((Alright, my character is actually crazy enough to consider doing something like this, especially since AFAIK he's still drunk from the drink he had back on the Nemesis (which wasn't long ago IIRC and was basically pure alcohol mixed with a little water). My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? I'm not sure exactly how powerful this bomb is and how secure the stellaplex inside is. I have no intention of completely derailing/screwing up the entire mission, or getting us TPK'd.))
Dropping your nuke at the grav plant will kill all the squids in a very wide radius, and thoroughly obliterate both the grav plant and the stellaplex... which, incidentally, is why I wasn't entirely sure why you were getting it in the first place. :D Good job on the RP though, spot on! :thumbup:

(And don't worry, if you nuke the stellaplex it'll just be a "failed mission", which means low, non-standard rewards (for those that get rewards, probably Beta), the Nemesis being much worse off, and people are quite unhappy with you. also I'd make the veteran squad steal something from the military base. You'd leave the planet either way, but actually completing the mission would give you much, much better rewards... and everyone wouldn't hate you, so that's a bonus. :)

In short: I wouldn't advise it, but I'm not going to end the campaign over it. )
I assumed so. Guess Buck's bomb will have to wait a little longer to cause the team a headache, then. As much as I find the prospect of other people's reactions tempting, I don't want to be "that player" that screws up the fun for everyone else.

Online Now