Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Talvieno wrote:I know. I mean it'll flow a lot better. I want to give the players more freedom - both in mission, and out of mission. I want it to be fun all the time.
Being more 'sandboxy' is definitely something I appreciate. The real upside to GM'ed RPGs is that they have the capacity for freedom and creativity that many programmed games just cannot reach.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Talvieno wrote:I now have the Nemesis thread mostly written up, and the majority of main NPCs designed and accounted for. Now we're just waiting on people to finish missions, unless we want to skip to the start.
Well, on the one hand, Miles doesn't like to shoot ex-colleagues. On the other hand, his gun loves to reach out to others' bodies. On the other hand, this would be perfect for saying your character remembers nothing in the tryouts. On the other hand... how will you know our characters skill sets without the tryout testing thing!? :think: :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Dinosawer wrote:He knows your character's skillsets. It's your skillset he's looking at :ghost:
Might be that he has enough info from the turns you did, dunno.
Mostly this. I only really needed two turns from each pair. When properly analyzed, this, the communication you give, the delay between posts, the character profile - it all gives me a good projection of how each person will fare as a player. The difference between no turns and one turn is great, the difference between one turn and two turns is smaller, and the difference between two turns and a hundred is minuscule. People get better as they play, yes, but not enough for it to matter in the span of four turns.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now