Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Mission 3: Sitatha Canyons

Talvieno wrote: "I'm... I'm fine," you hear her say. She seems somewhat frightened. "I don't know what just happened... or where we are." Typical for her, but at least she's still alive. "Are you guys okay? I didn't see where you landed."
sighs a breath of relief
"Thanks FSM for that. Yeah, we're okay. We landed near the crash site of the other platoon, so we'll check that out before we head north.
Allright, be careful and stay safe, I'll see you at the rendez-vous point."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

"Servius, reporting in. We hit way west of the drop point, but I'll be damned if someone wasn't looking out for us. We landed somewhere we might not have otherwise gone, and looks like we it the jackpot. I'm going to stay by Unit and keep watch since I lack ship weaponry."

Do a diagnostic of my ship,
then move to a position nearby Unit,
and carefully watch our surroundings and the rest of the Squad
If enemies are spotted
-Immediately alert the rest of the Squad with enemies location and range
-Take cover

((Dis format gud Dino? And how's my first mission post since...who am I? :ghost: ))
Last edited by A New Challenger on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Clara? Dr. Cha0zz? You guys there? i have an idea to get some rough positions on the turrets. We should pool sensor data about the trajectories of the flak fire and maybe we can calculate likely locations of the turrets. We gather all the casket sensor logs when the dropships were shot down and stitch it together to get trajectories, then we'll know where the turrets are"

Hema wrote:
Idunno wrote: ((Please don't tell me that we're going to spend the entire mission in the CASKETs. :problem: ))
((We will be spending the entire mission in our CASKETs. :ghost:
((Noooo. :( ))
Not really. As soon as I think we're at a point that we can safely leave, I'll let everyone know))
((Yay! :D :ghost: ))
Dinosawer wrote:(( Idunno, :P
Dinosawer wrote:((
REMINDER: FORMATTING
Thanks you :D
))
))
((Better? :ghost: ))
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

"Blake checking in, I'm fine guys."
"No plan survives contact with reality, and this was no exception."
"Also, I was right about them shoring up their defences!" ((Said light heartedly :3))
"Yo, Trig, how are you and your squad doing man, you all good?"
Land my Casket on the treads
Run CASKET diagnostics
Wait for Quackshot to jump on

"Alright William, straight out of the book of badassery I see! Enjoy the ride, I'll try not to get blown up!" (Again light heartedly)
keep in formation with the rest of the squad
Maintain a safe distance from Foreigner's tesla
Scan across alien frequencies for hackable objects
If objects are found
-Report hackable objects to platoon (Specifically my squad and BFett)
If Blake sees an enemy
-if the enemy is heavily armoured(eg. Structure)
--hack to disable (max two times since hacking upgrades!) (Use alien frequencies if applicable)
-else:
--fire at the enemy with my weapons (don't double roll, obviously)
If an enemy poses a threat, Blake miss with his weapons and has a hack remaining before double roll
-Hack to disable it
Be prepared to take evasive maneuvers (make sure not to hurt William)
Last edited by Black--Snow on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Cha0zz wrote:"Well frak this"
"BFett, could you scan the surroundings for computer signatures?"
"Already on it doctor."

"Ysavva, I think I might be able to triangulate her position. No guaranties though, I've never done this before."

BFett scans the surrounding area for computer signatures
He then also tries to triangulate the position of Kalla by using his position along with Ysavva's.
After both of these tasks are complete (or attempted), BFett runs a full diagnostic on his Casket.

"Hey SCAMPS, is my head camera still transmitting data to you?"

A New Challenger wrote: ((Dis format gud Dino? And how's my first mission post since...who am I? :ghost: ))
(( Yes :thumbup: ))
Idunno wrote: ((Better? :ghost: ))
(( "-Tell the Squad that you're building a fall-back point for them. " doesn't need that dash (there's no "if" it depends on, other than that it looks good ))

BMRX wrote:"Well that was a fcuking blast! Payback here, all good on my end reading you loud and clear. Fcuk what a ride! What's the plan of attack Chief?""
"The plan of attack is finding out what we have to attack first. We know there are anti-aircraft turrets now, so stay close to the ground, keep your optical sensors working and a finger on the trigger."

"I'm ALIVE! Yay!"
"Ok, so since William seems to be going on Blake's CASKET, I'll go with Fawkes. Fawkes please wait up for me."
Get out of my CASKET with all my stuff
and go to Fawkes CASKET to hop on.
If any enemy appears which I could shoot at:
-Pick the most dangerous looking enemy if their are multiple and do the following to them
-Use the gravity amp to exert 2gs of force temporarily sideways to throw them off balance
-Use the electro-amp to zap them
-Shoot an explosive-sticky bolt from the crossbow at them
-Shoot the gravity gun at the same place
If I see something shiny in the ground (but only a maximum of once):
-Attempt to zap it very slightly with the electro-amp
((formatting ok? Oh and also does this make sense, since this is my first mission past?))
((edited to fix formatting))
Last edited by vector67 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

((Vector, looks good to me except for the "Get out of CASKET and get on Fawkes", that should be two separate lines. :D ))
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Dinosawer wrote:
Idunno wrote: ((Better? :ghost: ))
(( "-Tell the Squad that you're building a fall-back point for them. " doesn't need that dash (there's no "if" it depends on, other than that it looks good ))
((But I don't want Unit 4965 to inform the squad that it's building a fall-back point when it starts making makeshift acid-grenades. And since orders from Hema right now boil down to 'don't get out of the CASKET', I'll probably be making makeshift acid-grenades for a while. :ghost: ))
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Dinosawer wrote:(( in that case both those action should have a dash and you should have something like "if hema approves" in front of them, cause now you're gonna do both no matter what :ghost: ))
((Does that work better? :ghost: ))

"Commander, could you please initiate a Scan when you cross the Dome's Border? I'll make a scan of the dome itself too once i reach it. And Nequeba? I'll warn you beforehand when I want to shoot the particle-gun, but please stay clear of it anyway."

"On another note actually...Kalla, two things. First: could you please bring a Dust-sample from outside the domes with you? I'd like someone to compare the dust from different domes with the one outside. And do you, by any chance, remember who's squads were on the dropships #5+6?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:
BMRX wrote:"Well that was a fcuking blast! Payback here, all good on my end reading you loud and clear. Fcuk what a ride! What's the plan of attack Chief?""
"The plan of attack is finding out what we have to attack first. We know there are anti-aircraft turrets now, so stay close to the ground, keep your optical sensors working and a finger on the trigger."
Where the fcuk is that one sweaty bastard, what's his name... Andrew?
"Copy that, head on a swivel."
:D

Online Now