Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Mission 3: Sitatha Canyons

"SCAMPS? You're back I hear? Almost missed you talking...you need to work on your presence..."
"Anyway, reporting in, Squad 3 split up to investigate an alien structure and scout the location of the Objective respectively. We won't enter before the general Siuation stabilized a bit more though.
Have you heard anything of Squads 5 and 6? They landed inside the biggest dome a good time back but seemed to have been attacked by something a few minutes ago...no further contact since then. Is there any chance you could lead them to our position?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

"Well Dino, you did it again... oh well."
I'll untangle the thing from my leg,
activate the thrusters again to get to the exit of the column and as far to the exit of the turret as they can get me,
smoothly proceed in a parkour-style sprint through the corridor, towards my ship,
if I find any stragglers while running that are having trouble:
-help them out
get in my ship
and wait to see if anyone wants to hitch a ride. (Unless that would bring me in danger)
When the location I'm in gets too dangerous:
-drive out of range of the danger.

Then, I drive to where Squidhead is.
"All right squad, that is done - now we'll go pick up Andrew's ship and help out squad 1, they're in trouble.

Wait until Squid put the repair kit back and everyone is ready to leave
Then I drive towards Andrew's ship

(( judging by the map I'd say that's where we'll get this turn ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Talvieno wrote: "What the hell did you... no. No, don't even tell me. Trying to find reason behind what you dumbasses do causes more mental distress than a robot with an existential crisis. Just get yourself out of there and we'll call it a day. I'll get in touch with central command and see if we can't get a TALIS lander headed your way.Trans-Atmospheric Lander for Infantry and Ships
"I don't think we're done here SCAMPS! You're seriously thinking about pulling us out?"
:D

BMRX wrote: "I don't think we're done here SCAMPS! You're seriously thinking about pulling us out?"
"Everything's going to hell, as usual, so I'm fine with them bringing in the evac team. Besides, it's not like they can teleport here! The sooner those guys leave, the better our chances of getting off this rock."

IronDuke wrote:"Hi SCAMPS. Good to hear your cranky voice again. We must abandon the objective then?"
BMRX wrote:"I don't think we're done here SCAMPS! You're seriously thinking about pulling us out?"
"Abandon the objective? Pull you out? What the hell is this shit?? ... Oh, well, hmm. If you really don't want me to get you a transport ship to get you back home after you're done, then sure! I'd be happy to be rid of you fukcing assholes! You don't seem to be intelligent enough to finish the damn mission anyway, if you're going to ask to come home early."

Triggerhappy wrote:"SCAMPS, does my ship have a self destruct button, and how big vill the boom be? No I don't vant a lecture on vhat an idiot I am and vhat a stupid idea that is. Just tell me no or yes and the size of it all."
"What the fukc kind of accent do you think you're trying to pull? Is your manhood so small that you have to put on some kind of macho voice just to feel good about yourself? Your ego that fragile? Damn it, why the hell are they giving me this kind of greenhorn on a mission like this? ... You see guys, this is the kind of shit I have to put up with. Somebody is in extreme danger with a high likelihood of fatality, and they suddenly decide they have an accent. Why? Who the fukc knows. Fukcing hell. ...Yeah, you can release the antimatter containment. You have to be sitting in the cockpit, both hands on the controls, and it's instantaneous. Nobody nearby will walk away from it, including you."

There's a pause.

"And you're welcome. I didn't lecture you on how moronic your idea was. Retard."

F4wk35 wrote:"SCAMPS? You're back I hear? Almost missed you talking...you need to work on your presence..."
"Anyway, reporting in, Squad 3 split up to investigate an alien structure and scout the location of the Objective respectively. We won't enter before the general Siuation stabilized a bit more though.
Have you heard anything of Squads 5 and 6? They landed inside the biggest dome a good time back but seemed to have been attacked by something a few minutes ago...no further contact since then. Is there any chance you could lead them to our position?"
"Thanks for the info. Will relay it to command. And yes, I have full communication with Squads 5 and 6. They're fine - some injuries, but no casualties. They're making their way to the objective and should meet you there. They're making good time. Don't leave the AO looking for them. If you do, I can't offer you assistance. ...not like I was going to anyway, but shit, don't be an asswipe about it and wander off."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:"Abandon the objective? Pull you out? What the hell is this shit?? ... Oh, well, hmm. If you really don't want me to get you a transport ship to get you back home after you're done, then sure! I'd be happy to be rid of you fukcing assholes! You don't seem to be intelligent enough to finish the damn mission anyway, if you're going to ask to come home early."
"You didn't answer my question SCAMPS, seems like you have some flaws if you're unable to answer a simple question."
:D

BMRX wrote:
Talvieno wrote:"Abandon the objective? Pull you out? What the hell is this shit?? ... Oh, well, hmm. If you really don't want me to get you a transport ship to get you back home after you're done, then sure! I'd be happy to be rid of you fukcing assholes! You don't seem to be intelligent enough to finish the damn mission anyway, if you're going to ask to come home early."
"You didn't answer my question SCAMPS, seems like you have some flaws if you're unable to answer a simple question."
((
Spoiler:      SHOW
))

Help herd the swarms over to the corner
Try to avoid getting shot by Dak
Move toward the cave-in, covering Unit
IF the swarm appears to be eating through my ship toward the cockpit
-Make a glorious egress from the cockpit, Electron Sword swinging
-Head toward Unit's CASKET or cave-in
IF a forcefield is nearby
-Lure some swarm toward the forcefield that is about to snap shut and try to trap them
IF Trigger goes Anti-Matter
-GTFO

((Not really seeing a whole lot of cohesion on the squad plan here fellas, but fuck it. We've been soloing the whole mission so far. Least we'll go down with a fight.))

Talvieno wrote: "Abandon the objective? Pull you out? What the hell is this shit?? ... Oh, well, hmm. If you really don't want me to get you a transport ship to get you back home after you're done, then sure! I'd be happy to be rid of you fukcing assholes! You don't seem to be intelligent enough to finish the damn mission anyway, if you're going to ask to come home early."
"Well, you said to just get out of there and we'll call it a day, and said you'd try to get a lander sent in. What logic links there are in my squishy brain indicated that that was an order to abandon the objective. Pardon me for assuming you were using plain English; as you'd say, I'm too stupid to figure out the complicated stuff."
(( :ghost: ))
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

check myself for damage
if hurt in a way thats an impediment
-Fix myself
-collect any leftover parts of myself
search for a piece of usable stuff from the drones and take it
put all collected bits and pieces into the cargo pod
fix my ships power supply
"Dino! Payback! Come over here!"
when dino comes over put the repair kit back on his ship
"Payback! get into the cargo pod! when we are going to fly down there you'll have a hard time holding onto dinos ship!"
stuff payback into my cargo pod
follow dino

Online Now