Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT ARMORY (for purchases + statting)

Levelling time!
Name: Saoirse Fri'leth
Stats:
  Energy: 0
  Durability: -1
  Maneuverability: 1 (+1)
  Hacking: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 2
  Robotics: 1 (+1)
  Engines: 0
Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Intuition: 1
  Handiwork: -2
  Conventional: -2
  Unconventional: 0
  Exotics: 2
  General Knowledge: 1 (+1)
  Auxiliary: 1 (+1)
Which takes my free 1000 stat/skill points and leaves me the 200 I had.

Purchases:
Rocket boots (2000 creds)
Other purchases later when Tal is done adding stuff (I really want that cryo psyamp...)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

LVL UP!!!!111

Name: Ishmael
Stats:
  Durability: 1 (+1)
  Maneuverability: 1
  Hacking: -2
  Computer: -2
  PSI Unit: 2
  Robotics: -2
  Engines: 1 (+1)
Skills:
  Charisma: 2
  Intuition: 1 (+1)
  Handiwork: -2
  Unconventional: -2
  Exotics: 2
  General Knowledge: -2
  Auxiliary: -2

Purchases (provisional, shall specify in RP later):
PSI Helm
CRISP
One more Quantum lash
Critical shielding
One more Tentacle Graft

(edited for pretty)
Last edited by outlander on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Name: Buck Roberts
Stats:
  Maneuverability: -2
  Hacking: 1
  Computer: 2
  PSI Unit: 1 (+1)
  Robotics: -2
  Engines: -2
Skills:
  Charisma: 1 (+1)
  Intuition: 1 (+1)
  Handiwork: 0
  Unconventional: 2
  Exotics: -1
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0

Purchases:
1 Cyborg bodypart, upgrading my damaged leg (1000 creds)
Light armor (2000 creds)
Eight kiloton nuke (2000 creds)
Computer shielding (3000 creds)
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Name: Vynkor
Stats:
  Energy: 1
  Maneuverability: 1
  Hacking: -1
  Computer: -1
  PSI Unit: -1
  Robotics: 0
  Engines: 1 (+1)
Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Intuition: 0
  Handiwork: 2
  Conventional: 2 (+1)
  Unconventional: -2
  Exotics: -2
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0

Purchases:
Removed First Aid Kit (0)
Removed Lasgun (0)
Plasma Rifle (0)
Laser Pistol (0)
Medical Kit (2000₡)
Mekkin Debt (1000₡)
Armored Left Arm (500₡)
Mounted Laser (2000₡)
1850₡ remaining.

I guess this is also the place for GK rolls?

I would like to use my freshy levelled GK for, in order from want most to want least:

-Astrophysics - as we discussed in the ‘little questions’ thread
Though, I would argue the basics of 'planetary formation processes' which you put under geology in your examples falls under this (because I saw it at uni :ghost: )
BG justification: she’s been dreaming of getting in a spaceship and flying away since she was little, though originally mostly a form of escapism. Has so far mostly resulted in liking to look at pretty photos of space rather than study, but maybe it’s the moment to change that now she’s in space…

-Learn about Tartarus PSI and exotic tech (inner workings, how are they built, common and less obvious ways of application etc) - Mostly for RP reasons, Saoirse absolutely would want to know this (due to her background she already knows how the basic ones work since she used to design them, but Tartarus stuff is bound to be leagues better). Practical upshot is a validation for the creative/harebrained schemes I tend to come up with, I guess? (see: trying to blow up plasma rifles from a distance, gravity leap, grand theft spaceship with electro amp, etc) Idunno, this one's more for RP reasons than usability

-Musical tradition of local (alien) cultures once we reach Huhoba station (traditional instruments and songs etc) so I can annoy the Hiltorel and co. by playing their songs on my bagpipes too. Unlikely to come up, but I’m likely to make it come up :ghost: Given that fact I’d like to learn it about more than just 1 culture, though. Just for fun, given that this is the ‘least likely to succeed’ slot :)

If it's the place for GK rolls, I'll put down mine too:

1. How to recognize and resist mind control (especially squid mind control). Mind control = any PSI attacks involving my mind (accessing my memories, trying to control me, etc.). Methods of learning this: movies, conspiracy websites (if such a thing as a 'website' exists in the REKT universe), perhaps a few genuinely legitimate resources (but my character wouldn't know they're any more valid than the rest), pestering "them scientists down at the labs, them nerds probably know this crap", if I find out there's any other 'wizards' on the ship (Ishmael, Saoirse), cautiously ask them for some information too.

2. Common squid military equipment. What kinds of weapons do the regular mooks use, what do the elite ones use, what kind of nasty superweapons does the evil hive overmind have at it's disposal (note: the GK roll should be for the first two, the last one Tal can make something up - or I can, of course). Methods of learning this: movies, of course. When I see a new weapon, take a picture with the PDA and mark it down with some name (e.g. "Purple death ray shooter"). Make a note of which weapons are the most common, if the squids obviously have some kind of preference when it comes to the type of weapon, etc.

3. Try and find out if there's any cool tricks I can do with the gravgun. Methods of learning: pestering the scientists, looking up the gravgun schematic (or the closest that comes to that) and trying to find something out based on that. Note: tricks don't necessarily have to be intended - dangerous, completely unintended 'tricks' are just as valid.

EDIT: Additionally, I've decided to upgrade my charisma by 1. Honestly, I know it won't be terribly useful (especially since my character isn't exactly the diplomatic type), but similar to my Willpower upgrade, it's more for RP purposes than practical benefit. Sorry for making you update my profile twice, and hope it isn't too late!

I've updated your stats on the wiki, though it's generally better to make a new post than to edit it. Double posting is no problem here. :)
Curious what you wanna RP with the charisma though
Edit: Also, charisma also has a 'passive' effect, so it's not entirely useless (or at least, when Frank is not already near)

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:13 am
I've updated your stats on the wiki, though it's generally better to make a new post than to edit it. Double posting is no problem here. :)
Curious what you wanna RP with the charisma though
Thank you! Sorry, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Nothing in particular right now, though I imagine my character to be a pretty good bullshitter based on his background story and personality, so it's kind of appropriate IMO. And besides, I might need to threaten aliens occasionally, like I did in this mission, so I guess it's gonna be useful sometimes :) . And we're going to be encountering humans as well, so a little charisma when negotiating with them is never going to hurt.

Online Now