Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Briefing Room

Triggerhappy wrote:"Well look what you'all have done. I hate you all now."
"I am sure no one would mind if I left you on the field when you get shot..."

(( Making myself popular? Any day. :P ))
"And people call me a jerk..."
"If you're going to pull shit like that Jimmy, you might bump in some resistance ..."
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Angrily grit my teeth and punch a nearby wall, then go over to Triggerhappy and pull him to the side
"Triggerhappy, I thought I told you to stand down! Do not make enemies out of your fellow platoon mates or they will leave you on the battlefield if you get injured. I recruited you because you seemed to know tactics well, and because you claimed that you could work well with others. I expect at least the latter of those two from you. Do not make me regret my decision to promote you! If you continue this behavior, I will replace you with someone else! Do you understand?!

Let me make this perfectly clear to you. In order to survive one of these missions, you have to have the support of the other squads. If you do not, you will most certainly die. I don't care How much armor you have, or how good you are with tactics. If you go around provoking the other squads, you will effectively doom squad 2, and I won't let that happen!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:

Angrily grit my teeth and punch a nearby wall, then go over to Triggerhappy and pull him to the side
"Triggerhappy, I thought I told you to stand down! Do not make enemies out of your fellow platoon mates or they will leave you on the battlefield if you get injured. I recruited you because you seemed to know tactics well, and because you claimed that you could work well with others. I expect at least the latter of those two from you. Do not make me regret my decision to promote you! If you continue this behavior, I will replace you with someone else! Do you understand?!

Let me make this perfectly clear to you. In order to survive one of these missions, you have to have the support of the other squads. If you do not, you will most certainly die. I don't care How much armor you have, or how good you are with tactics. If you go around provoking the other squads, you will effectively doom squad 2, and I won't let that happen!"
"Are you sure we need them... Okay okay fine. But in my defense they are not in the peace making mood either. And I still don't like them very much. And I WILL defend myself if they keep insulting me.

By the way, no, I do not plan on leaving any of them behind. And unless loosing me to friendly fire from angry teammates is dooming the squad, I doubt the others are threatened. If it does become an issue, do feel free to shoot me yourself.

But okay I'll stop insulting these jar-heads for now."

Triggerhappy wrote: "Are you sure we need them... Okay okay fine. But in my defense they are not in the peace making mood either. And I still don't like them very much. And I WILL defend myself if they keep insulting me.

By the way, no, I do not plan on leaving any of them behind. And unless loosing me to friendly fire from angry teammates is dooming the squad, I doubt the others are threatened. If it does become an issue, do feel free to shoot me yourself.

But okay I'll stop insulting these jar-heads for now."
"I am absolutely positive that we'll need their help. If my squad didn't have help during the last mission, it would have been completely obliterated. You said you knew how to work with other people as a team, and I expect you to do just that. Go find something in common with your platoon mates.

They are not in a peace-making mood because you're insulting them. I ask you to keep your insults to yourself, for your sake.
You need to work well with others to qualify for your position. I expect you to fall in line once the mission starts.
I don't shoot allies if I can help it. But if absolutely require I will. I would have shot the goat if he hadn't made himself useful."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Look at Triggerhappy in a thinly veiled amusement.

"Morons."

"Nequeba, your personal info says you were hunting for artefacts...so, I want you to continue doing it. Identify and loot valuable items. Our survival depends on the amount of interesting stuff we can bring to Tartarus...that'd be all."

Go to the armoury, see if there's a girl with the ponytail, and smile at her. Else go to any other window. Ask to put my wakizashi in storage for now (if it's altogether possible) and issue me a shortened 70 cm katana, and get other items for my load-out - the COFFIN fighter, the Proton Beam, etc. ((just role-playing, it's all in the wiki, no need to write it out in any detail :V ))

Ask to make somebody spray-paint a name of the ship in small letters along the ship's nose (and by small, I mean small - visible from a metre or so): 'A Recurring Lapse In Judgement".

Kindly ask for the ration pack to contain a bottle of cheap whisky - or ANY alcohol for that matter - no, it's not for drinking, I swear!

Return to the Briefing room, and get something nice and not particularly heavy to eat. Have a nap. When called out to the mission, wish everyone good luck, and hug Clara if she feels like it.

((edited))
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Dinosawer wrote:"Agreed. The only thing we can really do is make ourselves familiar with the topography.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Our final objective is inside the large canyon.
As I see it, if we go on foot, there are only two places we can get into the canyon, since none of you got a jump pack or rocket boots - next to the crash site and next to the blue dome. And that last one looks like it gets very steep near the bottom, so that might be tough already.
Unless you want to fly everyone down a cliff with a handful of caskets, but that is gonna be slow and dangerous."
"I may have missed when you said this, but why exactly would we go in by foot? Not only would we slow ourselves down significantly, but we'd also make ourselves extremely vulnerable to getting surrounded and trapped. I also sincerely doubt that the canyon could be used as safe cover anyway - anyone with the technology to put a building on this shithole probably knows better than to leave a gaping hole in their fortifications. Let's not forget that the other platoon had their asses handed to them inside one of the canyons. So if anything, it might be more prudent to try and go along the edge of the canyon in our ships - this way we could easily adapt our tactics once we run into whatever ancient killing machine or alien abomination lies in there."

"I wouldn't go on foot if we can avoid it, but we might have no choice if the defences target all flying targets or something, which seems not impossible, given that the other platoon got attacked by something hiding in the dust clouds. I just want to make sure we know where to go in case something like that happens."

(( the other platoon crashed in 5-6 on the vertical axis and 7-8 on the horizontal one, for reference ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Hapchazzard wrote: "I may have missed when you said this, but why exactly would we go in by foot? Not only would we slow ourselves down significantly, but we'd also make ourselves extremely vulnerable to getting surrounded and trapped. I also sincerely doubt that the canyon could be used as safe cover anyway - anyone with the technology to put a building on this shithole probably knows better than to leave a gaping hole in their fortifications. Let's not forget that the other platoon had their asses handed to them inside one of the canyons. So if anything, it might be more prudent to try and go along the edge of the canyon in our ships - this way we could easily adapt our tactics once we run into whatever ancient killing machine or alien abomination lies in there."
"Insanity is repeating the same thing over again and expecting different results"
"The other squad got shot down in seconds, and i doubt that they had any worse equipment or skills than we do.
How do you plan on avoiding the weapons fire the scout squad couldnt even see?
We may be slower or get killed as well on foot, but its less likely than the 100% likelyhood than if we were to fly in our caskets in the same canyon the other squad flew along"

Dinosawer wrote:"I wouldn't go on foot if we can avoid it, but we might have no choice if the defences target all flying targets or something, which seems not impossible, given that the other platoon got attacked by something hiding in the dust clouds. I just want to make sure we know where to go in case something like that happens."

(( the other platoon crashed in 5-6 on the vertical axis and 7-8 on the horizontal one, for reference ))
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Hapchazzard wrote: "I may have missed when you said this, but why exactly would we go in by foot? Not only would we slow ourselves down significantly, but we'd also make ourselves extremely vulnerable to getting surrounded and trapped. I also sincerely doubt that the canyon could be used as safe cover anyway - anyone with the technology to put a building on this shithole probably knows better than to leave a gaping hole in their fortifications. Let's not forget that the other platoon had their asses handed to them inside one of the canyons. So if anything, it might be more prudent to try and go along the edge of the canyon in our ships - this way we could easily adapt our tactics once we run into whatever ancient killing machine or alien abomination lies in there."
"Insanity is repeating the same thing over again and expecting different results"
"The other squad got shot down in seconds, and i doubt that they had any worse equipment or skills than we do.
How do you plan on avoiding the weapons fire the scout squad couldnt even see?
We may be slower or get killed as well on foot, but its less likely than the 100% likelyhood than if we were to fly in our caskets in the same canyon the other squad flew along"
"Well, I guess you have a point. But we'll make a final decision on our tactics once we actually know what we're up against."

Update for briefing (final)
F4wk35 wrote: "SCAMPS, will we get any intel on the equipment the other platoon used?"
"No. That's classified and against protocol."
BFett wrote:
Scamps, if you still have any of the alien frequencies we picked up from my first mission please have them also transferred to Blake's computer.
"Consider it done."

Triggerhappy wrote:" Yes my friend, I am sure the brass will be glad when our squad, along with our experience with these orbs and our squad-mate here who can see through time dies. It seems a good price to pay for easing up a tenth of a percent of the workload off of SCAMPS. After all, we care so much about how stressed he is."
"Fukc you guys. See if I ever help you again."
Hema wrote:"SCAMPS? Was the Mimir scientist I brought back any help at all? If so, what sort of information was he able to provide?
"He was annoying as all hell. Didn't seem to care about his transfer, he was just upset that we shoved him in a mechanical body. At first I thought I understood how he felt, but then he started whining about his wife wouldn't like him like that... so I had our staff wipe his memories of her. He's fine now. He actually helped us develop some of our new weapons."
Triggerhappy wrote: (( THIS IS TO EVERYONE SO LISTEN UP[/color] ))

Comments?"
"Yes, actually. You're a dumb piece of shit. You'll fit in nicely.
outlander4 wrote: Go find Clara, and speak to her, preferably out of Kalla's earshot.

"Clara, it was really sad to see you taken away. We all will miss your knowledge and your support...please be careful. Squad 3 is always there to help you if you need it, though. Don't hesitate to ask for help.

By the way, do you have any sound ideas about what we are dealing with on this mission?
"
You walk over to Clara. She's standing at the table in the center of the room, poring over one of the 3d holodisplays of your Area of Operations.

"Clara?" you ask softly, lightly tapping her on the shoulder.

She jumps and spins around to look at you, almost falling onto the table. "Foreigner!" she gasps. "Oh, you startled me."

You apologize. "It wasn't my intent. I was just going to say it was really sad to see you taken away. We all miss your knowledge and your support... please be careful." You offer her the protection and assistance of Squad 3 if she ever needs it, and say she shouldn't hesitate to ask for help."

She nods and smiles, though she seems very nervous and troubled. "Yes... thanks," she finally manages.

"By the way..." you add, giving her a thoughtful glance, "do you have any sound ideas about what we are dealing with on this mission?"

Clara shakes her head and brushes a few loose strands of hair away from her glasses. "No, I don't. I don't think there are nanobots though. I know that seems to be the popular theory, but... it just doesn't make sense! The ships crashed all at once - it's not like they degraded over time. Something knocked them out of the sky."

You nod thoughtfully and ponder the information.

Cha0zz wrote:SCAMPS, can you tell me something more about the atmosphere condition, temperature range and composition of the moon?
"Thick, cold, hard, in that order. If you want more info, try talking to someone that doesn't want you to burn slowly in hell. Or just someone that has that info."
Dinosawer wrote:I stroll to the armoury to do my purchases.

While there, I ask if it's possible to have my CASKET painted in red with yellow stripes ((like here but a casket :ghost: ))
if it is (and is free), ask them to do it.

Then I stroll back to the briefing room.
The nice, helpful people in the armory say that you're a moron (and it isn't even SCAMPS this time), but they say they'll have it painted with your selected colors - and it'll be a sloppy job. There's only a few minutes before you launch, after all, and you're asking them to paint the whole thing.
F4wk35 wrote:"Hmm...SCAMPS, you guys surely make some scans of the CASKETS after each mission, do you? In case someone brings anomalous stuff home or something...Anyway, can you load the last scans of the wrecked CASKET down there onto our PDA? I'd like to scan the wrecks first in case something dangerous built a nest in there."
"We take them apart and reassemble them. There's always some half-brained dipshit asswipe that thinks he can turn his ship into a bomb. We have special places for that kind of people. We give them our own little version of hell." He says it pleasantly, and a little warmly. It's clear he likes the thought.
Cornflakes_91 wrote:"SCAMPS? Do you have some probes you can shoot down on the surface before we get down? Some unmanned recon with less wasted expensive CASKETs in it would get us some data we dont have yet.
And whatever shot the other team will already see us coming, so the probes wont warn them"
"Probes don't deal with warp travel very well. We already sent the probes down anyway. You're next. That's protocol. No negotiations just because you're pissing yourself. And you should be. I would be too. We're putting you outside the domes, though. You should be fine."
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
"Leave him be, he'll get himself killed on his own quick enough. Until then he'll be good enough for a distraction"
try the something vision for finding out what it does
You think for a moment and try looking about with whatever you saw back at the alien base, and on the Mimir science vessel. To your light surprise, it works: The briefing room fades slightly - you can still see it clearly, but it's as though you have a second visual input - but there's just one problem. All you see is the blackness of space. It looks strange, though, somehow.
outlander4 wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Look at Triggerhappy in a thinly veiled amusement.

"Morons."

"Nequeba, your personal info says you were hunting for artefacts...so, I want you to continue doing it. Identify and loot valuable items. Our survival depends on the amount of interesting stuff we can bring to Tartarus...that'd be all."

Go to the armoury, see if there's a girl with the ponytail, and smile at her. Else go to any other window. Ask to put my wakizashi in storage for now (if it's altogether possible) and issue me a shortened 70 cm katana, and get other items for my load-out - the COFFIN fighter, the Proton Beam, etc. ((just role-playing, it's all in the wiki, no need to write it out in any detail :V ))

Ask to make somebody spray-paint a name of the ship in small letters along the ship's nose (and by small, I mean small - visible from a metre or so): 'A Recurring Lapse In Judgement".

Kindly ask for the ration pack to contain a bottle of cheap whisky - or ANY alcohol for that matter - no, it's not for drinking, I swear!

Return to the Briefing room, and get something nice and not particularly heavy to eat. Have a nap. When called out to the mission, wish everyone good luck, and hug Clara if she feels like it.

((edited))
You ask for many things. You get them. Apparently Tartarus Inc. will let you spray-paint your ship if you ask for it - it seems to all be controlled by robotics and computers. They even say they'll slip a bottle of whiskey into your cockpit. Nice little addition there - though they do want you to note that alcohol has a tendency to negatively impact survival rates. ((not really, just RP))

Then you go back to the briefing room and become Francis.

"All right, time's up, shitsticks! This briefing is over. Get your asses to the hangar and don't try stopping by the armory on the way! If you're late, I'll let you get picked apart by nanobots just for my amusement. Don't try to hide, either, because I will find you. Dismissed."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now