Return to “REKT”

I'm beginning to consider joining REKT...

However, I have a bunch of questions and concerns.
-I've noticed Tal tends to take people's action posts very literally, or twist them when it would give him a laugh, e.g. Dr. Cha0zz says to kill any living enemies he sees, wanders into a medbay full of wounded guys - and of course Tal thinks "Enemies! Living! Kill!" I don't know if that was just him being goofy, or whether it was part of the RP for the character. Cha0zz didn't seem to mind, so I'm thinking the latter. However, for that to be done to one of my characters would drive me insane.
-How much work is it to play REKT? As far as I can tell, it's mostly action posts (taking into account everything being done, ofc) and, between missions, outfitting like crazy.
-If I were to kit out a character for being best at piloting stuff, would some sadistic idiot squad leader order me to do ground combat?
-I can't see most of the pictures, because K9 blocks Imgur. However, photobucket, dropbox, and the regular forum attachments work. Would it be too much trouble to provide the images (like the map) via one of those methods?

I will probably think of others, but let's chew on those for now.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
Re: I'm beginning to consider joining REKT...

1) yes, be explicit and you will be okay, Talv plays to your character type too. Aegagrus for instance was VERY fun :D

2) No, just turn up read your turn and act, this is how I play

3) Yes, these are people, people are dumb :D

4) No, get rid of K9, if you ask me nicely I could even make a proxy for you in like 5 minutes.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

1. Drive you insane, too bad, I gotta have my fun. However, if you ask nicely after I do it, I will change it to something more reasonable. I'll probably do it if you rant and scream too, but why rant and scream if you could just ask nicely? :P
2. You already basically play REKT. The only work is really reading and deciding what to do - at least for you. For me there's a lot more.
3. If you make a character only meant to pilot ships, you're gonna suck at ground combat, and there will always be ground combat. Just make sure you're ground combat-capable.
4. Dunno. Might try dropbox. You could also get help with Silver and a proxy if you ask nicely.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT: The Tartarus (Prison ship)

Update on what trigger said - yeah, you might have to join the waiting list. :| Kind of short on space. It's okay, though. A lot of people may not be able to join. I don't think Hyperion is joining, for instance. He messaged me earlier and said he wouldn't make it.

And Corn, please be nice. :roll: Even if you think it's not merited, at least you should be polite. Otherwise you're as bad as... Poet. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

1. Tal, I know it's fun, but please don't do that too much. If I play I'll write up a good description of my character so you know what's in character and what isn't.
2. Good news. --LazyDuke
3. Whatever then.
4. What Silver did for that Stellaris image seems to work great. :D I think we'll run with that.

I'm aware I might have to wait, and that's fine. I'm going to be gone all next week anyway.

On the K9 thing: it's staying. QED. Can't you guys just deal with it? Sure, IronDuke's a pathetic idiot who actually obeys his parents, but... just deal with it.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:On the K9 thing: it's staying. QED. Can't you guys just deal with it? Sure, IronDuke's a pathetic idiot who actually obeys his parents, but... just deal with it.
:3
Who obeys their parents? parents were born to be disobeyed! :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: Parents

IronDuke wrote:
Silverware wrote:
IronDuke wrote:On the K9 thing: it's staying. QED. Can't you guys just deal with it? Sure, IronDuke's a pathetic idiot who actually obeys his parents, but... just deal with it.
:3
Who obeys their parents? parents were born to be disobeyed! :D
I hope that's sarcastic.

--IronDuke
I really hope that is NOT sarcastic. Obeying parents got me nowhere.

Online Now