Return to “REKT”

Squad 3 thoughts

Jumping on the bandwagon :wave: , totally following the success of Cha0zz's thread.

Just like in other squad threads, you can discuss all the stuff related to the Squad 3 here. The RIGHT way to do it is with a cup o' tea near a fireplace. A glass of whisky is recommended but not necessary :ghost:

For now, we need to establish:

1. Primary and secondary lists of equipment each member wants to buy. It's better if one of them is cheaper than other - in case we'll have to sacrifice and pool resources to get something important (see my lists as an example; and yes, you can go over budget). Please provide justification for items you want ('it's awesome' is not a valid justification; please look at items from the 'what would it contribute to the squad's survival' viewpoint).

2. Squad's name.

3.Slogan, if you wish. I don't :ghost:

Feel free to discuss any other issue, like tactics, roles and responsibilities.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Foreigner's primary list:

COFFIN (-5 cr) - an atmospheric ship that'd leave me with +3 man and +3 unconv in the atmosphere which pretty much allows me to kill most low-level targets instantly and severely damage high-level ones, permitting me to deal with problem points on the battlefield more easily. Its cargo pods should be of help with both looting and transportation of the injured.
Weapon Mount (-1 cr) - needed for Proton Sword.
Proton Sword (-8 cr) - would drastically increase aerial combat efficiency, and allow pin-point precision strikes that are currently impossible (i.e. extremely dangerous) with Tesla Arc Thrower.
It leaves me with one credit that I owe to Francis anyway :(

Secondary list:

Weapon Mount (-1 cr) - as above
Proton Sword (-8 cr) - as above
Scythe (big one) (-1 cr) - for mêleé, obviously
More Blunderbuss ammo (-1 cr) - allows being more liberal with Blunderbuss usage, and Blunderbuss is a fortress-killing machine.

That leaves 3 credits, and I owe at least one for Francis, so 2 credits for the squad needs.

Regarding squad's name, Foreigner's Legion is nice. Please give your suggestions :)
Last edited by outlander on Mon May 09, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Re: Squad 3 thoughts

outlander4 wrote: Regarding squad's name, Foreigner's Legion is nice. Please give your suggestions :)
Okay! :)

- Space Witchers
- The Womanizers
- That Other Squad Tonon is Not Allowed In
- The Only Squad with Honor
- The Squad where the Leader is a Warrior but Most of Everyone Else is Some Form of Support
- Foreigner's Wakizashis
- Sushi Squad
- Foreigner's Samurai
- Foreigner's Technological Flying Wonders
- Foreigner's Three-ring Circus
- The Squad of that Guy That Says He Has Honor and Then He Kills His Unconscious Ally
- The Terraformers
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

He was a traitor and a coward, and it pained Foreigner a lot. But duty is duty. An army that doesn't summarily execute traitors and cowards falls apart.

Yes, I remember it from my military education that I totally failed to finish :ghost:

Talvieno wrote: - Space Witchers
- The Womanizers
- That Other Squad Tonon is Not Allowed In
- The Only Squad with Honor
- The Squad where the Leader is a Warrior but Most of Everyone Else is Some Form of Support
- Foreigner's Wakizashis
- The Squad of that Guy That Says He Has Honor and Then He Kills His Unconscious Ally
I second these ones.

Transponder Dish (3 creds)
Broadcast Enhancer Dish (4 creds)
Energy Shield (2 creds)

That means I have 0 credits now, because I sold my Co-ag boosters.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

- The Womanizers
Uhh, Talvieno, why did you type the same thing twice? :ghost: :think: :eh:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
- The Womanizers
Uhh, Talvieno, why did you type the same thing twice? :ghost: :think: :eh:
:lol: :lol: :ghost: :squirrel:

outlander4 wrote:He was a traitor and a coward, and it pained Foreigner a lot. But duty is duty. An army that doesn't summarily execute traitors and cowards falls apart.

Yes, I remember it from my military education that I totally failed to finish :ghost:
It's the one everybody likes most though. :lol:
Silverware wrote:
Talvieno wrote:- The Squad of that Guy That Says He Has Honor and Then He Kills His Unconscious Ally
My vote is this.

With any luck, I'll turn it into a running gag. Foreigner - the guy that makes himself look like he has all this honor and all these ideals just to impress the ladies, and then cuts down every single guy that gets in his way or looks at him funny. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hahahaha, sure. Although it's not impress the ladies :V

As long as it's justified, though. The same goes with me leaving my ship in an uncontrolled spin, Cha0zz puking into his helmet, and Dino rushing the boss room :V

Then I guess i start somewhere productive, eh?

First a proposal for our Squad-Name: Either "Swords of Hell" or "Swords of Virtue"..../me idealist :V

And for my planned shopping-tour the following:

1 Cargo-Pod (1 Cred)
1 Light Armor-Suit (2 Creds)

Rest is up for debate for now...but please note that I think about buying a GREASE after the next mission.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

I approve of light armour Fawkes.

I have my doubts about the cargo pod - if I go fo the COFFIN, you'll use mine; and I think we should really go for high-value stuff even if in lesser quantity.

I'd suggest getting both the repair kit and the medkit, maybe even in their Advanced versions. I think it should be a squad-wide investment, though.

I'm thinking about selling Computer Shielding (Dino pointed out it's mostly useless for me), and that's +3 credits and I can fork some towards repair/medical kits.

I recommend other squad members to look for ways of contributing towards it as well.

Black--Snow wrote: Transponder Dish (3 creds)
Broadcast Enhancer Dish (4 creds)
Energy Shield (2 creds)

That means I have 0 credits now, because I sold my Co-ag boosters.
Aye for the Energy Shield.

Still thinking about hacking stuff. Needs to be balanced against survivability.

Online Now