Return to “REKT”

Re: Squad 3 thoughts

ATENCIÓN!

So, in case somebody missed it, our squad is complete now! We have:

Foreigner (me) - squad lead, unconventional, infiltration, swordfights and killing monsters - basically, a Space Witcher.
Fawkes (F4wk35) - second-in-command, technical and medical support, conventional weaponry and MacGyver-in-training.
Blake (Black--Snow) - an awesome (!!!) hacker, conventional weapons, back-up support guy.
Nequeba (vector67) - exotics, undecided on the role.
William (IronDuke) - conventional, stormtrooper (the right kind).

This mission is likely to be heavy on infantry stuff, so please pay attention to your infantry load-outs!

It's highly recommended you get some sort of armour and an energy shield. It's likely we'll have to leave our ships in the canyon and proceed on foot.
Last edited by outlander on Mon May 30, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander4 wrote: Blake (Black--Snow) - an awesome (!!!) hacker
Image Damn right I am.
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

IronDuke, I gave it a bit more thought - you might want to get more and better infantry stuff (e.g. a quckdraw slot and anti-shock meds would be a good choice) instead of the particle gun for your ship as the plan is to have boots on the ground (reference! :V ) pretty much from the turn 1 or 2.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Under that point of View I'd actually think about replacing my particle gun with a infantry shield...or I leave the railgun be for this mission cause the particle gun is more useful in close-quarters with multiple enemies...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

outlander4 wrote:IronDuke, I gave it a bit more thought - you might want to get more and better infantry stuff (e.g. a quckdraw slot and anti-shock meds would be a good choice) instead of the particle gun for your ship as the plan is to have boots on the ground (reference! :V ) pretty much from the turn 1 or 2.
The quackdraw slots looked pretty good. I'm just leery of running with a completely unarmed ship. It could just be his perennial pessimism, but SCAMPS said in the wiki that having an unarmed ship is a ticket to death. :ghost: Also, we don't know what the enemies are going to have in the sky. For all we know, they could have dozens of small ships. :think:
If you really want though, I can ditch that particle gun for some other stuff. :)

Edit: just saw your orders in the briefing thread. I will switch the gun for some other stuff. Heading to the IRC to learn from the experts as to what's best. :ghost: :ghost:

Edite 2: I'm going with the quackdraw slots and coagulant boosters. Medkits contain painkillers and anti-shock meds, but not coagulants, and you guys have a couple medkits.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Squad name:
1. The Squad With an Actual Leader
2. Not Trigger's Squad
3. Legion of Destruction
4. Familiar Foreigners
5. Bonsai Squad 2 (( :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: ))
6. Very Versatile Squad
7. Halfway Indecent Squad (( :twisted: ))
8. Idiotless Squad
9. Squishbags Only Squad
10. No Goats Allowed Squad (( :silent: ))
11. Legion of Indecency (( :o ))
12. Celtic Killers
13. Quack Addicts (( :duck: ))
14. Squady McSquadFace ((Cha0zz didn't want it, so... :angel: ))
15. Happier Clappier Meatier Shields
My personal votes are on 3 and 4. :squirrel:

Squad slogan:
1. We got your goat. (( :shh: ))
2. Peace through power... power through big guns. (( :twisted: ))
3. By spinning, we shall overcome adversity.
4. Losing legs or other limbs likely leads to loss of life.
5. What idiot wrote this?
6. You quack me up.
7. The best of the best don't die like the rest.
8. The worst of the worst I have cursed. (( :ghost: ))
9. The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list.
10. God shows no favoritism. But our slogan guys does. Go Foreigner! (( \o\ /o/ ))
11. It's not easy being this awesome.
12. The last person who attacked us is now Swiss cheese. Beware of Quackshot. (( :angel: ))
13. There is no elevator to awesome, so we took the stairs.
14. Speak softly and carry a big megaphone. (( :geek: ))
15. Do not interfere. Not only will it kill you, it will hurt the whole time you are dying.
My vote is on 11. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

If i might make some suggestions for this turn?

As I noted in-Character, it's safer if Nequeba keeps around the camp. From inside a cargo pod there's not much she can do against the tentacle thing anyway, and it's a lot safer if it starts lobbing boulders again (which it definitely will).

Black--Snow, you could help with repairs a bit. I can only do one repair of a more critical system while you could fix something else. That way we could get your ship fixed faster (If there's serious damage, of course. But better safe than sorry.)

William and Nequeba could try to use intuition and/or perception right now. We're in a quite unfavourable position right there and I guess we'll be attacked either during our stay, or once we start moving north again.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now