Return to “REKT”

Re: Squad 2 discussion

Had a couple ideas that I wanted to bounce off the rest of the squad.
Given our current situation, I do not believe simply attack our enemies would be the best course of action. They're too close to our ships.
We need to learn more about the threat we're facing.

I was thinking that we send Unit through the gap above the cave-in. Once he's over, he can figure out what's there, and if there's anything that might help us get out of this mess. He could also figure out what caused the cave-in. With luck, he could disable the swarms and possibly the fields for us.

We could also take this time to learn a bit more about the swarms. They might be going after heat sources, which means that I could heat up some rock on the cave wall with my MicFM, and Dak could shoot them all at once with his electrolaser.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:Had a couple ideas that I wanted to bounce off the rest of the squad.
Given our current situation, I do not believe simply attack our enemies would be the best course of action. They're too close to our ships.

I was thinking that we send Unit through the gap above the cave-in. Once he's over, he can figure out what's there, and if there's anything that might help us get out of this mess. He could also figure out what caused the cave-in. With luck, he could disable the swarms and possibly the fields for us.

We could also take this time to learn a bit more about the swarms. They might be going after heat sources, which means that I could heat up some rock on the cave wall with my MicFM, and Dak could shoot them all at once with his electrolaser.
1) make your actions considering the fact that there may not be a way over the cave-in.

2) we may need to walk through the gap that the swarm made, the path might not be wide enough for ships

3) sending unit in alone is a bad idea. He is unarmed and may not be able to disable the whatever we need to disable.

4) the electrolazeris unlikely to severely damage a casket, but the swarm might get hurt.

Triggerhappy wrote:
Hema wrote:Had a couple ideas that I wanted to bounce off the rest of the squad.

1) make your actions considering the fact that there may not be a way over the cave-in.

2) we may need to walk through the gap that the swarm made, the path might not be wide enough for ships

3) sending unit in alone is a bad idea. He is unarmed and may not be able to disable the whatever we need to disable.

4) the electrolazeris unlikely to severely damage a casket, but the swarm might get hurt.
I would assume that there is a way. However, only Unit would be able to get over it because he has the highest maneuverability.
I'm not seeing any gap that the swarm made, Trigger. Where is that?
Sending Unit in alone is the only option we have unless one of you wants to get out on foot and be killed.
The electrolaser will probably do some serious damage, isn't that right, Tal? I believe it would only be temporary, but that's all we'd need for things to go wrong.

Hema wrote:
Triggerhappy wrote:

I would assume that there is a way. However, only Unit would be able to get over it because he has the highest maneuverability.
I'm not seeing any gap that the swarm made, Trigger. Where is that?
Sending Unit in alone is the only option we have unless one of you wants to get out on foot and be killed.
The electrolaser will probably do some serious damage, isn't that right, Tal? I believe it would only be temporary, but that's all we'd need for things to go wrong.
We haven't exactly examined the cave-in yet, so we dont really know. And, I'd much rather get my ship stunned and hurt the swarm then get eaten. :ghost:

Triggerhappy wrote:
We haven't exactly examined the cave-in yet, so we dont really know. And, I'd much rather get my ship stunned and hurt the swarm then get eaten. :ghost:
You were supposed to examine it before we flew over there. :P Charley and ANC, I think we could use your input here.

I believe you two may have overlooked the situation Idunno and I are currently in. Idunno is currently dismounted and avoiding forcefields, while I have the distinct chance of being eaten alive by machines if my next turn goes sour. Presently, I'm trying to decide whether I should sacrifice a robotic arm to the machines, or dismount in a spectacularly glorious fashion and lure them away.

A New Challenger wrote:I believe you two may have overlooked the situation Idunno and I are currently in. Idunno is currently dismounted and avoiding forcefields, while I have the distinct chance of being eaten alive by machines if my next turn goes sour. Presently, I'm trying to decide whether I should sacrifice a robotic arm to the machines, or dismount in a spectacularly glorious fashion and lure them away.
We haven't overlooked a thing. :)
Unit will climb back into his CASKET (which is low enough that he doesn't need help) and carefully fly through the cave-in gap. Once there, he will look around for controls, and try to deactivate the traps.
You and Trigger will fly into a corner or something to lure the swarms away. Once there, Dak will shoot you with his electrolaser. :)
I will aim away from everyone, and try to take out more of the enemies with my MicFM.

Did I miss anything? Charley? Trigger?

Triggerhappy wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:I shoot things.

Also: Trigger's disappearing and reappearing accent in things XD
Silence scum I vill purge you all vone day
Once again: Trigger's disappearing and reappearing accent in things XD
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Triggerhappy wrote:Don't worry Trigger's accent will likely have a smudge of BOOM in it real soon. I bet you'll like that more :D
Unless I electrocute you into unconsciousness...I'd like that more ;D if we weren't being eaten.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

A New Challenger wrote:It would appear Unit has stumbled into the control room of something. Hopefully the Pillar, judging by Ironduke's Epic Intuition roll. Also, another shot of the bottom of my hull might do good. Thankfully I had an Adamantium hull :ghost:
Hopefully he'll be able to shut off the shields with it. If not, I would say that we're pretty much screwed.

Online Now