Return to “REKT”

What year would you say it is in the REKT universe?

2016 - 2150
(No votes)
2150 - 2300
(No votes)
2300 - 2500
Total votes: 1 (7%)
2500 - 2650
Total votes: 2 (13%)
2650 - 2850
(No votes)
2850 - 3050
Total votes: 5 (33%)
3050 - 3250
3250 - 3500
Total votes: 3 (20%)
3500 - 3750
3750 - 4000
4000 - 4300
(No votes)
4300 - 4600
(No votes)
4600 - 4900
(No votes)
4900 - 5250
(No votes)
5250 - 5650
5650 - 6050
(No votes)
6050 - 6450
(No votes)
6450 - 6900
(No votes)
6900 - 7500
(No votes)
7500 and greater
(No votes)
Total votes: 15
REKT year: the pollening

So, given the galactic history and the state of technology, what year would you say it is?

To sum up galactic history:

- Earth obtained sustainable spaceflight and discovered warp drive
- Earth began expanding its borders, pushing into nearby systems
- Humanity found aliens, and fought the aliens; humanity won and pushed the aliens out of their worlds so humanity could have them
- Humanity continued this trend for a while
- Humanity made a beeline for the center of the galaxy, expanding and pushing their way around as they went
- New Earth was founded near the galactic center; the original Earth became known as Old Earth
- Most alien species encountered have been forced into Sanctuary Worlds, some of which are not part of their original territory; many alien ecologies are forced into the same state if deemed safe enough to move; many are wiped out and cleared in preparation for an Earthlike ecology
- Earth's flora and fauna mostly died out, with a large portion carried to the stars and spread among new planets
- Humanity took over the galactic center and spread outwards between planets, rapidly colonizing worlds and increasing the galactic population by a significant amount
- More wars took place; by this time most alien species are forced into Sanctuary Worlds which may not even be part of their original territory
- Humanity grows and divides the galaxy in half between the inner and outer worlds; the inner worlds are rich with trade while the outer worlds are mostly abandoned
- Humanity fills its colonies and grows stagnant; crime, specism and hatred fester

We've never really pinned it down, and I suppose we should at some point, so, how about a poll to see what people think is most likely?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT year: the pollening

My own guess is that the year is somewhere roughly around 3024. Of course, I doubt I'm any good at guessing dates. :D (Hence me making a poll rather than just declaring it to be so.) 2115 sounds like a good year for aliens (I feel it might be a few decades later, possibly), though I feel New Earth might have been founded a bit later - perhaps around 2467.

But yes, humans are awful in this universe. :lol: Moreso than in our own... I hope. :|
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I feel somewhere around 3000 sounds plausible-ish, population and progression wise. 400 years just seems to fast to colonise and conquer large parts of a galaxy, plus population growth (if there are 100 billion aliens it means there are lots more humans, and we only have 7 billion now )

Also, Pedanticsawer feels the need to point out that the space near the galactic core would not, in fact, be a nice place to live. :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:I feel somewhere around 3000 sounds plausible-ish, population and progression wise. 400 years just seems to fast to colonise and conquer large parts of a galaxy, plus population growth (if there are 100 billion aliens it means there are lots more humans, and we only have 7 billion now )
Talvieno wrote:- Humanity took over the galactic center and spread outwards between planets, rapidly colonizing worlds and doubling its galactic population yearly
With this rule in place, 7 billion to even a trillion is the space of eight years. I'd assume that it's an exaggeration, though.

Assuming humanity's population caps at eight billion until sustainable flight happens in (say) 2084, and continues at a growth rate of 2% per year after that (the rate it was in the 1960s), you're looking at around 24 trillion by 2487.

Meanwhile, in that nearly 500 years we're also (presumably) stealing large amounts of alien technology; and humans and proven themselves great at colonisation and conquering. :mrgreen:
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

I know that the Battle Tech Universe (Mech Warrior) is set in the 3050s and there are still planets with majority of alien life, though fewer in number than those which are human. So, going off of this, and my limited BT knowledge, I'll say about 3500. I'm probably over shooting by a lot but I assume humans will spend lots of time fighting themselves as they have since the beginning of time.

Talvieno wrote:I'm surprised to see we're all clustered so closely. :D Pleased, though. I could safely chop off the latter half of the poll and just leave the first ten options, which is nice.
Give it a bit more time, then redo the poll with the obvious range, and see if another obvious range appears.
Group consensus should evolve and provide iterative resolution increases.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now